Options

Instant thoughts. (add yours if you like)

Comments

• Options
    FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    I'm wondering how to get people to buy my music online without being an obviously spammy git.
  • Options
    StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    I'm wondering how to get people to buy my music online without being an obviously spammy git.

if you have a website??? i'll look
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • Options
    StillHere wrote:

http://www.songstall.com/mcguiremusic [/not spamming though] ;)
  • Options
    StillHere wrote:

http://www.songstall.com/mcguiremusic [/not spamming though] ;)

couple of ideas. facebook musician/artist page
    reverbnation.com page ....put 2 or 3 songs on there for free
    link to the reverb nation page from your facebook page
    finish all that up then put both URLs in your signature here
    that's not spamming..its there if anyone chooses to look/listen
    i have seen a lot of local philly area bands (some friends) that have gone that route and are making out pretty well. ..course you're in the UK so i don't know about access..facebook yes....i would think reverb nation as well.
    you probably already have had those ideas. if not..well then, there ya go :D
    good luck
    nice sound :)
    OH and if ya do that...send me an invite to your new pages :)
    peace,
    jo

"Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • Options
    Got rid of Reverbnation. Too unwieldly. Had a Myspace page with 4000 "fans". Myspace died. Have had facebook pages and, um, I could tell you why they're problematic but I'd better not. I have a Soundcloud. http://soundcloud.com/maguidhirsongs

I used to do music seriously and I gigged all over London a couple of times a week for a few years, but now I just do it for fun, and a bit of loose change if anyone can spare it. Radiohead can decide music's free from their ivory towers, but I need to buy toilet paper. So, listen to the tracks on Soundcloud, and if you like anything, buy it on SongStall. 8-)
  • Options
    Glad to see you've given it all a try. Too bad those things didn't work well for you. I wasn't suggesting that you give away your music for free..no, just the opposite. I thought that maybe if you put a track or two up in its entirety free of charge, that you might attract people to pay for more. I see you've tried all that though. I have listened to your snippets on SongStall, but I have to tell you, at least for myself, I'd prefer to hear at least a full track or two before purchasing ANY new music. To be honest..and not trying to be negative here.... hopefully helpful..the snippets of music that I heard on your SongStall were just not long enough to give me a feel for what the music is like. I didn't realize that you had that the Sound Cloud page..and now that you've included a link to that, I'd be more apt to purchase the music, because I've been able to sample a bit more of it and can make an informed decision as to whether or not I'd like to spend hard earned money on a full album...or purchase some tracks. This applies to ALL new music that I've not heard before. See what I'm saying? While I was at the SongStall, I did not see a link to any other pages that contained your music, and the clips were just not long enough for a decision. I think a lot of people might pass it by precisely for that reason. Perhaps you might direct ppl to Sound Cloud first and then they'd be more apt to buy, having had a chance to listen to a larger selection :) I don't know if any of that helped. I'm sure you've heard it all before. But you asked..and so you suffer with my long-winded response :D Peace, and good luck with the sales.
    peace,
    jo

• Options
    CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    There are times when I still miss you.
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,396
    Sometimes it's almost funny how easy it is to predict other people's behavior.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    justam wrote:
    Sometimes it's almost funny how easy it is to predict other people's behavior.

+1
  • Options
    I can't believe you would treat me so shabbily. Karma.
  • Options
    mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    I've been busy lately, miss everyone in the poetry section...
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • Options

Baby, I'm sorry.
    I knew it all along, see?
  • Options
    saw a bird with a broken wing
    and heard it sing
  • Options

Baby, I'm sorry.

I know, babe.
  • Options

Baby, I'm sorry.

I know, babe.

Kiss?
  • Options

Kiss?

Yes, please.
  • Options
    Gimme.
  • Options
    *mwah*
  • Options
    Some mornings are just better than others. :D
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    prismprism Posts: 2,440
    when anxiety keeps me from sleeping, the nights are darker than others...

trying to write didn't help...
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    prism wrote:
    when anxiety keeps me from sleeping, the nights are darker than others...

trying to write didn't help...

try listening to "Temple of the dog",some the best work I have ever heard and always helps me relax.
    and if that don't work Pink Floyd's dark side of the moon is alway a sure thing. :D

Godfather.
  • Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Every new band is like a new love affair, beginings always the best.
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,126
    Walked out out unto the bedroom porch looking out on the lake and for the first time ducks on the pond. They did so while our gator *WALLY* cruised by. The coffee never tasted better. :D

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    small town becksmall town beck Posts: 6,691
    I met you a year ago today...is it weird that I remember that. :?
  • Options
    I have to give another final exam today. What kind of numb-skull schedules an exam on a Sunday?! :P

(We'd all like to know who made this wacky exam schedule this year!!) :D
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    Chip McFlenniganChip McFlennigan Posts: 1,162
    to think
    that the reason that
    you don't like to read poetry
    is because you don't like
    to think
  • Options
    I find it vaguely disturbing that people are celebrating in the streets for what is actually, bare bones, a revenge killing or a "don't mess with us or we'll kill you" warning. :shock:

I suppose I'm a good example of why men are better at fighting wars than women. :|
    I don't think I could kill anyone outside of needing to protect my own children.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    zarocatzarocat Posts: 1,901
    Osama lived in the suburbs ... well, fuck a duck
    1996: Toronto
    1998: Barrie
    2000: Montreal, Toronto, Auburn Hills
    2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal
    2004: Boston X2, Grand Rapids
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto X2
    2009: Toronto
    2011: PJ20, Montreal, Toronto X2, Hamilton
    2012: Manchester X2, Amsterdam X2, Prague, Berlin X2, Philadelphia, Missoula
    2013: Pittsburg, Buffalo
    2014: Milan, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo, Detroit
    2016: Ottawa, Toronto X2
    2018: Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona
    2022: Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Chicago X2
    2024: New York X2
  • Options
    Who's the new bogeykid on the block going to be?
  • Options
    small town becksmall town beck Posts: 6,691
    zarocat wrote:
    Osama lived in the suburbs ... well, fuck a duck

Just another reason to find the suburbs creepy. I wonder if he drove a mini-van too??
This discussion has been closed.