Options

Instant thoughts. (add yours if you like)

Comments

• Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,127
    prism wrote:
    g under p wrote:
    prism wrote:
    the last couple days have been really brrr...freezing. since the heat can't keep up with the bitter cold & high winds i had to tack blankets up over all my windows...a while ago had i not stuck my head out the door & seen that it's bright & sunny outside i wouldn't have known judging by things inside my cave :o

hopefully by tomorrow it warms up & the winds die down so i can take 'em down & venture outside ... :)

It's a beautiful day about 80 degrees in Palm Beach and it's time to look about lunch and head to the beach or stop in at the fair for ideas on home landscaping.

The beach wins this one.

Peace

Now don't get me wrong I grew up in my formative years in Boston. My favorite season became winter and now it's still winter here in Palm Beach County. I don't miss the snow shoveling etc...I had a taste of that for a month this year in DC. It snowed and all I could think about was getting back to PBC.

The winters here are totally awesome (I see why people become SNOWBIRDS) here.....I do miss the rain in that winter here becomes the dry season. Summer becomes the rainy season which I also love but you already know that stuff. We have another home in Phoenix Az and plan to retire there NO HUMIDITY there. I worked last summer outside in July fixing up the house then at the end of the day jumped in the pool to cool off....oh it was 116 during the day but most times didn't break a sweat. :shock: So in the end I must just be used to the heat cause A'S a baby I also grew up in Jamaica.

That was long!

Peace

i'm just not a florida person cause i can't do hot & humid... though gotta say when i spent time in palm beach & lived in jupiter it seems like the beach always won 8-)
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    Chip McFlenniganChip McFlennigan Posts: 1,162
    edited March 2011
    remember the time i remarked
    that the front lawns on our street
    looked like decaying teeth

when the snow was melting?

and you replied
    that you felt no more warmth?

i'm sorry
    Post edited by Chip McFlennigan on
    I knew it all along, see?
  • Options
    Cowards are always so disappointing.
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,402
    I just got home from working all day and I feel like I have a fever and a sinus headache. :sick:
    What a way to start a busy week. :wtf:
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    prismprism Posts: 2,440
    g under p wrote:
    prism wrote:
    g under p wrote:

It's a beautiful day about 80 degrees in Palm Beach and it's time to look about lunch and head to the beach or stop in at the fair for ideas on home landscaping.

The beach wins this one.

Peace

i'm just not a florida person cause i can't do hot & humid... though gotta say when i spent time in palm beach & lived in jupiter it seems like the beach always won 8-)

Now don't get me wrong I grew up in my formative years in Boston. My favorite season became winter and now it's still winter here in Palm Beach County. I don't miss the snow shoveling etc...I had a taste of that for a month this year in DC. It snowed and all I could think about was getting back to PBC.

The winters here are totally awesome (I see why people become SNOWBIRDS) here.....I do miss the rain in that winter here becomes the dry season. Summer becomes the rainy season which I also love but you already know that stuff. We have another home in Phoenix Az and plan to retire there NO HUMIDITY there. I worked last summer outside in July fixing up the house then at the end of the day jumped in the pool to cool off....oh it was 116 during the day but most times didn't break a sweat. :shock: So in the end I must just be used to the heat cause A'S a baby I also grew up in Jamaica.

That was long!

Peace

you're lucky...i think i'd handle AZ (been over 30 yrs since i visited) alot better than FL too.

i lived for a few months in palm coast (where my folks retired & passed away.) my nana lived in a lil bitty town in the middle of florida also. was born & grew up on the VA side of the beltway...as you well know there's only two seasons there...hot & humid and cold & snow ;)

lived in victoria for a lil while before moving to the 'other washington' over 20 yrs ago...yeah it rains & we get the occasional arctic blast... but the awesome summers make it all worthwhile. i love it here....

i've grown moss & become climatized... so anything over like 75 seems hot to me & a snowflake is a joy to behold :P :D
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • Options
    Cowards are always so disappointing.

that's so very true...

:|
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • Options
    rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    edited March 2011
    Post edited by rollings on
  • Options
    g under p wrote:

The beach wins this one.

Peace
    prism wrote:

prism wrote:
    g under p wrote:

That was long!

Peace

you're lucky...i think i'd handle AZ (been over 30 yrs since i visited) alot better than FL too.

i lived for a few months in palm coast (where my folks retired & passed away.) my nana lived in a lil bitty town in the middle of florida also. was born & grew up on the VA side of the beltway...as you well know there's only two seasons there...hot & humid and cold & snow ;)

lived in victoria for a lil while before moving to the 'other washington' over 20 yrs ago...yeah it rains & we get the occasional arctic blast... but the awesome summers make it all worthwhile. i love it here....

i've grown moss & become climatized... so anything over like 75 seems hot to me & a snowflake is a joy to behold :P :D

Last summer I drove from S FL to AZ some 2600 miles and what a sweet experience that was but Texas was a monster to get through.

Yes PHX, AZ was easy to handle in that the days were long with daylight and the nights got cooler because our house is near several mountains. My fiance loves it because her red hair doesn't fall a part or frizzles up however she has to work at it here in FL due to the humidity.

That Northern VA...Fairfax, Alexandria area does have only two weather systems which ties up traffic even worse than it already is. I'm glad I'm away from that Beltway traffic madness. I want to visit that northeast area someday, the green vegetation up there is so beautiful.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    I was surfing YOUTUBE last night and listened to "somewhere over the rainbow" which is my most favorite song and this Guy named IZ did the song before he passed away and much to my surprise he did it better than Judy Garland :shock: , I'm an old Metal Head from way back and enjoy all kinds of music, rock n roll metal country new wave or what ever, but when I was a kid watching wizard of oz and heard somewhere over the rainbow sung by JG I was hooked..to me the most beautiful woman in the world was singing the most beautiful song that I had ever heard, I would really like to hear PJ do this song.

Godfather.
  • Options
    g under p wrote:
    g under p wrote:

The beach wins this one.

Peace
    prism wrote:

prism wrote:
    g under p wrote:

That was long!

Peace

Last summer I drove from S FL to AZ some 2600 miles and what a sweet experience that was but Texas was a monster to get through.

Yes PHX, AZ was easy to handle in that the days were long with daylight and the nights got cooler because our house is near several mountains. My fiance loves it because her red hair doesn't fall a part or frizzles up however she has to work at it here in FL due to the humidity.

That Northern VA...Fairfax, Alexandria area does have only two weather systems which ties up traffic even worse than it already is. I'm glad I'm away from that Beltway traffic madness. I want to visit that northeast area someday, the green vegetation up there is so beautiful.

Peace

compared to anyplace in FL or VA it's sweet living here:

bellingham%20washington.jpg
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    Godfather. wrote:
    I was surfing YOUTUBE last night and listened to "somewhere over the rainbow" which is my most favorite song and this Guy named IZ did the song before he passed away and much to my surprise he did it better than Judy Garland :shock: , I'm an old Metal Head from way back and enjoy all kinds of music, rock n roll metal country new wave or what ever, but when I was a kid watching wizard of oz and heard somewhere over the rainbow sung by JG I was hooked..to me the most beautiful woman in the world was singing the most beautiful song that I had ever heard, I would really like to hear PJ do this song.

Godfather.

OMG!! seriously godfather???? you need to come over to my place and watch the singalong verion of wizard of oz with me. we even do the tinwoodsmans dance. bring popcorn. 8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    pandora wrote:
    missing someone is like a black whole in one's heart

but love pours from it across space and time

it does not cease, love is never ending

and soon it brings peace to heal the heart.

Very nice Pandi.... :D
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • Options
    mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY JUSTAM !!!!!!

I hope you had a wonderful day - in Tampa - :D
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • Options
    Thanks Mikalina. :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    Godfather. wrote:

Godfather.

For real J? I LOVE this song! The Judy Garland version is my favorite song of all time- my mom used to sing it to us since before I can remember.

Its so beautiful the way IZ put a different spin on it.

Last weekend, my 18 year old client invited me to his senior recital... After an hour of funky jazz and moody blues with the sax, violin, and bass, he came out with a uke and performed this song- brought me to tears.

Simply amazing. Always a perfect song when feeling 'ehh'.

So, so glad you found this!
  • Options
    How kool it is to see the turtles lined up warming themselves in our Florida sun. Also seeing our alligator (Wally) swim by in our lake looking for a place to ambush some fish.

Peace

• Options
    PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    "How wonderful life is while you're in the world"

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • Options
    i want you to hover over me when you die

in traffic, in wawa,
    at the beach bar, trump plaza, even dimly lit dive bars smoke-filled

the air i breath

remember when we were young and we used to walk barefoot in the street?
    how we'd skip and hop fast across the burning blacktop?
    and you'd start to
    cartwheel, you'd become

a snowflake
    i fell for
    in humid august evenings
  • Options
    what i miss about you is a needle threading

a body of water surrounds a dozen islands

barriers

and we drove down the coast of new jersey that night
    through a nasty thunderstorm
    and when you saw lightning you remarked

"if we die tonight, maybe god will show us all these pictures he keeps taking"
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    crap crap crap
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    blenderman69blenderman69 philly Posts: 2,104
    81 wrote:
    crap crap crap
    you read my mind :(
  • Options
    I'm glad it's the weekend and I don't have any grading to do for work.
    whew. What a nice change! :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    jfs5-10-10jfs5-10-10 Posts: 326
    Remove your mask of technology if you want to fucking talk to me.
    Otherwise leave me be.
    Done enough already.
    <b>Your light's reflected now,... reflected from afar...
    We were but stones,... your light made us stars</b>

Buffalo 5-10-10...First PJ show..Life changing..magical..
  • Options
    I'm feeling healthier today and my general mood has returned to normal.
    It's lucky how that works for me. 8-)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    i don't know where you are now
    or if you're okay

but i remember your father's beard
    and the crumbs that fell from it
    fed nations of insects for generations
    and they never said a word

but i remember that there is a long
    history of mirrors
    between us

flat silver landscapes of colorful regret

• Options
    As Mondays go, it wasn't a bad one.
    8-)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    :wave: :wave: :wave: F of a day! :wave: :wave: :wave:
  • Options
    the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    I believe I am mere moments away from being able to move objects with my mind.

Or,...

4 straight days of a fever of 103ish is starting to get to me.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Options
    an auctioneer calls another auctioneer on the phone

they have an hour's conversation in 10 minutes

and sit around for 50 minutes wishing they had something to do
This discussion has been closed.