Options

Let us write a story sentence by sentence.

Comments

• Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    i could go get some. but if i told arlo i was going out he'd give me the third degree and probably want to come with me. might be best just to leave. i mean he is in the shower and i won't be gone more five minutes. no i should tell me. he'd just come looking if he found me missing. i grabbed my dress and pulled it over my head. walking to the bathroom door, i cracked it open a little.

'i'm going to the shop for some milk. i'll be back in five.'

i didn't wait for a response, rushing out the front door before arlo had a chance to react.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    Of course he would notice soon enough that I wasn't getting any milk, That was something for later. I could always take some to cover my lie.
    « One man's glory is another man's hell.
    You’re on the outside, never bound by such a spell.
    Together in the darkness, alone in the light.
    I took it upon me to be yours, Timmy,
    I’ll lead your angels and demons at play tonight......»
  • Options
    'so tell me anna. are we lying to each other now.'

i practically dropped my bottles when i walked into the kitchen and found arlo leaning against the bench, still clad only in a towel. i didn't know what to say. i walked past him to open the fridge, trying to avoid eye contact.

'anna. talk to me. what is going on here?'
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    I got the milk out of the bag and put it in the fridge. I won't go so far as to call it lying.
  • Options
    'you didn't need milk anna. there's almost a full bottle there.'
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    Well you can drink that if you want. It is a bit over the date, but be my guest. Arlo don’t worry I have gotten you something as well.
    I closed the fridge and put the bottle on the table. Would you get me two glasses?
  • Options
    arlo frowned.

'should you really be drinking?'
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    Why not Arlo? Am I pregnant?
    I feel like it and if you don't want to then fine, but stop hassling me. That was why I rushed out to begin with. I don't need that aggravation.
    I have enough on my mind as it is.
  • Options
    god damn it. why do i have to feel so shitty.

retrieving a glass from the cupboard and filling it with wine while arlo stood there being judgemental didn't exactly fill me with joy. i took a drink and turned to him.

'why don't you just go arlo. if you're gonna stand there and act like a parent then i don't need you hanging around.'

i picked up the bottle and walked out of the kitchen.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    I walked to the stereo and started looking for something that would annoy Arlo. Maybe I'll get lucky and he will leave. Might not be the most honest technique, but it will have to do for now.
  • Options
    ..... way down inside honey you need it i'm gonna give you my love i'm gonna give you my love

there was nothing like zeppelin at full volume. dancing around the living space with a bottle in my hand perhaps wasn't the wisest thing but then again who ever said i was wise? then the music was gone. i screamed and hurled the bottle against the canvas i'd been painting earlier. it shattered and wine went everywhere. i turned on arlo.

'WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?'

i pushed him away from the stereo.

'this is not your place. get out. get out and leave me the fuck alone.'
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    Don't do this. I'd be very careful with how far you are willing to push this if I were you.
  • Options
    ooh a challenge.

'is that a threat arlo? do you somehow think i give a damn?'
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    Fine if that's what you want, I don't see this relationship moving anywhere but down the drain if you continue acting like this. You have things to deal with, fine, but that is no excuse for your behaviour. Goodbye Anna.
  • Options
    as he closed the door behind him, arlo heard anna tell him to fuck off. he also heard glass shattering. he figured it was the wine glass anna had been drinking out of. he wanted to go back and shake some sense into her. but he was tired. of anna and of dex. what he didn't see was anna rip her canvas to shreds in a fit of aggression. and pull all her paintings down and throw them against the wall.
    when she had finished her rampage, there was paint from one end of the apartment to the other. all her work was destroyed. and worst of all she was alone. she sat with her legs drawn up against her chest, cutting her feet with a razorblade.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    karma defectkarma defect Posts: 5,483
    Arlo had walked the streets for two hours when he finally sat down to try and calm his breathing. His head was filled with thoughts and the vortex of emotions that had sucked him in so deep that he was hyperventilating.
    Somewhere on his walk he had picked up some weed and now he was about to do what he hadn’t done for ages, he rolled a joints and smoked it as he sat in some mediocre city park. He know it would only enhance the mood he was already in, but he didn’t care he wanted to bath in his self-pity. He let go of all notions and coping mechanisms he had and didn’t feel the desire to be strong for anyone. He would attend to his own needs for once and right now that need was to acknowledge the pain and to feel it
  • Options
    Arlo had walked the streets for two hours when he finally sat down to try and calm his breathing. His head was filled with thoughts and the vortex of emotions that had sucked him in so deep that he was hyperventilating. Slowly he managed to calm down to some point of normality. He still cursed the gods though for not being able to cry, which was a silly think to do seeing how he didn’t really believe and any god. It was the cultural stain of his upbringing that made him do this sometimes. It is always easier to shift the blame and hold someone else responsible.
    Somewhere on his walk he had picked up some weed and now he was about to do what he hadn’t done for ages, he rolled a joint and smoked it as he sat in some mediocre city park. He knew it would only enhance the mood he was already in, but he didn’t care he wanted to bath in his self-pity. He let go of all notions and coping mechanisms he had and didn’t feel the desire to be strong for anyone. He would attend to his own needs for once and right now that need was to acknowledge the pain and to feel it
  • Options
    Arlo had walked the streets for two hours when he finally sat down to try and calm his breathing. His head was filled with thoughts and the vortex of emotions that had sucked him in so deep that he was hyperventilating needed to be controlled if he wanted to do what he come out here to do. Slowly he managed to calm down to some point of normality. He still cursed the gods though for not being able to cry, which was a silly think to do seeing how he didn’t really believe in any god. It was the cultural stain of his upbringing that made him do this sometimes. It is always easier to shift the blame and hold someone else responsible.
    He finally got out the weed that he picked up somewhere on his walk and now he was about to do what he hadn’t done for ages. He had stopped liking the effect a long time ago, it wasn’t that he didn’t enjoyed being stoned or that he didn’t liked the taste. He just didn’t feel right with the effect of ineffectively that it caused. If everyone around him could permit themselves these weaknesses why shouldn’t he. He rolled a joint and smoked it as he sat in some mediocre city park. He knew it would only enhance the mood he was already in, but he didn’t care he wanted to bath in his self-pity. He let go of all notions and coping mechanisms he had and didn’t feel the desire to be strong for anyone. He would attend to his own needs for once and right now that need was to acknowledge the pain and to feel it.
  • Options
    he loved anna. well he thought he did. but she drove him nuts. and he was starting to wonder exactly how short a trip that was. he understood dex. he didn't understand anna. he didn't understand how she could go from a loving woman to a screaming banshee in what seemed like the blink of an eye. she was always pushing him trying to see what he'd do. he remembers sascha doing the same thing. anna appearsd to care less than his sister did. and that was a scary thing for him to deal with. but why did he feel he needed to deal with anything. let alone this woman. he pulled on his joint. closing his eyes and laying his head back, arlo tried to float away.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    No ease of mind was to be found tonight, he knew that. The only thing to do was wait until he was tired enough by his mood to fall into a restless sleep. That had to wait for now he still had a walk home to under go, but first he would attempt to dream away while smoking and starring away into Orion.
  • Options
    when he finally did get home, the first thing that confronted arlo was a painting of anna's. he'd gone back to gerard's a couple of days after the exhibition and bought it. it was a painting of ophelia. anna being ophelia of course. but instead of having her float in a clear stream, anna had chosen to have her bathe in the open veins of her arm. he looked at it briefly before turning it to the wall. he went and flopped on the sofa. and that's where he fell asleep.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    Drifting away on the tide of his thoughts, no real rest could be gained from such sleep.
  • Options
    as johnny tried to sleep, jeff leant up on his elbow and ran his hand down his body. johnny did his best to ignore the intrusion but his lover was making it difficult.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    Please, I told you I have to get some sleep. I have to get up early tomorrow, unlike you I might add.
  • Options
    jeff leant down and kissed johnny's shoulder.

'please.'

jeff's pouted his lip mockingly. he continued kissing johnny's shoulder.

'i'll make it worth your while.'
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    Oh my such confidence. Johnny pulled his pillow out from under his head and turned to hit Jeff with it.
  • Options
    grabbing the pillow, jeff threw it onto the floor. he held johnny's arms and pinned him to the bed, sitting astride him. they stared at each other until johnny spoke.

'so what are you gonna do now tough guy?'
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    What would you want me to do?
  • Options
    johnny thought for a moment.

'i want you to stay away from richard, is what i want.'
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    What are you going on about him for? I told you he's a harmless fuck.