Options

Let us write a story sentence by sentence.

Comments

• Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    ' you know gerard that's the second time in the past week that someone has told me i had it coming, and i don't appreciate it.'

i felt like walking out, but just like everyone else, gerard would turn that against me as well. everyone expected me to explain my actions so now i was going to expect it from them.

'please explain to me how calling the police was some payback to me.'
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    karma defectkarma defect Posts: 5,483
    Oh Anna don't you have any real insight in what you do to other people. You stormed out of that room after you pretty much told me to do as you say or other wise I could piss off. You can't do that and expact me to be happy about it. I makes me angry when you treat me that way. *You could have just told me no though, you didn't have to be rude. Yet rude is what you were.

* line from the Arctic monkeys
    « One man's glory is another man's hell.
    You’re on the outside, never bound by such a spell.
    Together in the darkness, alone in the light.
    I took it upon me to be yours, Timmy,
    I’ll lead your angels and demons at play tonight......»
  • Options
    'i didn't care if you were happy. don't you get it gerard. if the police had been involved how do you think that would ahve affdeced vincent. do you think he would have let that slide? you don't know this man. you don't know what he is capable of. i do. so don't stand there and tell me you were pissed off with me cause i somehow hurt your feelings. i'm sorry i walked out of the exhibition but i couldn't stand the way people were looking at me as if i was the one at fault. i had to get out of there. i should have told you. i'm sorry for that. i wasn't thinking straight.'
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    I was angry that you didn’t have the decency to finish a conversation. It didn’t matter that I did and you didn’t want to call the cops. It didn’t matter that you left early. I was trying to help you and you blew me off like you’ve done before. Anna what you have been there that night is horrible, but there was no need to kick me for making a suggestion. I don’t like it when you act that way, but perhaps my friendship doesn’t mean anything to you.
  • Options
    'as far as i was concerned the conversation was over and not because i walked out. i told you that i didn't want the police involved and that should have been enough for you. there was nothing else for me to say. that's why i walked out. i wasn't prepared to stand and there and go back and forth when i saw no need. and please don't give me a sob story about your friendship meaning nothing to me, i just went through that with johnny, i don't need it from someone else. i don't wake up in the mornings and think to myself hmmm how can i mess with people's minds today? i try but sometimes it just gets the better of me and i don't want to.'

i can't remember when i'd said so much without a breath. the look on gerard's face seemed to share the same thought. or maybe he was just surprised that i was still standing there and hadn't turned my back and bolted. i wonder what arlo was doing right now.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    God damn it it isn't about weather it was or wasn't enough for me. Can you please just stop for a minute and really listen to what I say.
    You didn't want to call the cops and you didn't trust me enough to listen to you. Instead of talking to me you gave me an ultimatum. Follow my orders ground trooper or the consequences are yours. Fuck I hate it when you display that attitude.
    You don't like it when I say you had it coming, well though luck you should have thought about that before you treated me like crap. But no instead I go out of my way to just please you. I would say I was out of my mind if I wasn't so damn scared.
    Just because you don't see the need doesn't mean you can walk out. You don't even know how I would have reacted, you just assume. And even if I would have had a different opinion, you could have done been courteous and hear me out.
    If you hear it twice in one day you might consider giving it some thought for once. You say it gets the better of you and you try, but it doesn't seem that way. You may want to try and own up to your mistakes Anna instead of using the excuse sorry that's just the way I am I can't help it, I really try.
  • Options
    i wasn't going to win this argument even if i was in the right. which i'm not saying i am. though i certainly don't think i'm in the wrong. this was a time for diplomatic skills that i doubted i had. but i could give it a try.

'i'm sorry gerard. after vincent's little display, the last thing i wanted was to be interrogated by the police. i honestly thought that you wouldn't change your mind. that you thought that calling the police was the best thing. which it may have been but not for me. you don't know vincent. there are things between my brother in law and me that i don't want anyone else to know and those things would have come out. i wanted you to trust my judgement, that's all. i do value your friendship, but to me i was in the right last night.'
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    I do realize that now, I understood that last night as did i understand you weren't in the best of moods. However I just can't stand being treated that way. I do trust your judgement Anna and I hope you will learn to trust that I am not out to rule you. I was scared for you and wanted to protect a friend that is all. I'm sorry that we needed to have this conversation and that your show had this big stain on it. Lets forget about this and go out and grabe some lunch?
  • Options
    davey knew it was a mistake to open the door to hamish as soon as he saw the smile on his friend's face. but he couldn't very well shut the door in his face. hamish followed davey intot he kitchen and watched while davey filled the kettle with water.

'so. last night. that was kinda exciting. never a dull moment when anna's around'

hamish was busting to talk about the guy anna left with, but he felt he should at least gently lead up to it.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    Exciting? Well that's one way to put it, I guess.
  • Options
    davey folded his arms across his chest and leant back against the bench.

'you know hamish, not everything that happens around anna is her fault. vincent has always been a hothead.'

davey thought about anna leaving with arlo. considering her mood the previous night when they were together, it didn't take much for him to think what may have gone on between her and arlo last night. he knew it wasn't his business anymore and even if he still did love her, she was too confrontational to have a rational conversation with anyway. she'd go off on a rant throwing any admission on his part back in his face. quite possibly chuck stuff and either storm out or lock herself in the bathroom. he didn't want that. all he could do was hope that if she felt she needed to, she'd be comfortable enough to come to him. but he doubted that now that beth was back. davey was pulled out of his thoughts by hamish's voice.

'what?'
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    Did you see Anna leave last night?
  • Options
    ' you're as subtle as a sledgehammer sometimes hamish. yes i did see anna leave with arlo last night. she's not my business anymore.'

the kettle boiled and davey turned away to fill the mugs.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    Here you go a cup of coffee for my favourite gossip reporter.
  • Options
    hamish took the proffered mug. he took a sip and looked at davey.

'it didn't ache when she walked out the door? considering you know arlo, i would have thought it had some affect on you.'
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    And who says that it hasn't? And if so that doesn't mean I have to do something with that feeling.
  • Options
    'you don't have to bite my head off. i just thought....ahh forget it.'

hamish put his mug on the bench and started for the door.

'i'll see you around.'
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    What leaving so soon?
  • Options
    hamish said nothing. he just flipped the bird at davey and closed the door behind himself. davey laughed. but still anna was on his mind. hamish was right about that.
    taking his coffee davey walked over to his files and pulled some photos of anna out. he'd never shown these to anyone. not even anna. he was ashamed that these even existed when he thought about it.
    in them anna was not in a good place. she was so self absorbed in hurting herself she didn't even know he was taking them.
    he remembers that night so well. it wasn't long after they found out anna was pregnant. to davey she was glowing. but to herself anna was anything but. she hated the thought of something growing inside her. she didn't want the baby. she told davey that. and he believed her. but she wouldn't do anything about it. she thought it would all just go away. it didn't of course. and then it became too late to do anything.
    then one day he came home to find anna euphoric. she came to him and told him that she was pregnant as if she had just discovered it. it was on that day she told him the baby would be a girl and they would call her adalita.
    the change in her mood put davey on edge as he waited for the inevitable fall.
    and when that fall came it was his actions that tore them apart.
    a knock on the door brought davey back to the real world. he hurriedly put the photos away and went to the door.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    boxerorabagboxerorabag Posts: 47
    his shoulders slumped slightly as he dug his hands deep into his pockets as if looking for his hand written notes on what to do next
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I escaped it...a life wasted...and I'm never going back again.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Options
    So Hamish did you forget your head? Oh sorry, I thought it might have been Hamish he has just left in a hurry and I thought he might have forgotten something. Please excuse me.
  • Options
    'come on davey you don't have to be polite with me. i know you, remember?'

beth didn't wait to be invited in. she walked past davey into his space.

'i saw hamish on the stairs. he told me not to mention our friend. so naturally i plan to ignore him.'

beth smiled.

'do you know this arlo that anna's got herself involved with?'
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    Hey Beth I am her ex-lover, ex as in was, in the past. I don't really want to discuss that if you don't mind.
  • Options
    as davey walked past her, beth ran her hand across his stomach.

' i saw you last night. i know you davey. you still love her, anyone can see it.'

davey ignored beth as much as he could and starting messing with some equipment. she walked to him and put her hand over his to stop him fiddling.

'talk to me. who is this guy?'

still davey said nothing.

'look at me will you. you think anna is ready for another relationship. do you think this guy can handle her better than you did. is that why you won't say anything?'
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    Yes I still love her, yes, yes, yes. This probable means that I am sad it is over and perhaps I don't want to talk about Anna. She is an adult and needs to take care of herself. Not you nor me can run her life for her. Or is that a too lofty for your mind? Let me be Beth, Iam tired of people bothering me with Anna's life. It is time for my own again.
  • Options
    'man i pity the next girl you get involved with. all that baggage.'

beth shrugged and started towards the door.

'i'll catch you later davey, take care of yourself.'

beth didn't look back and davey didn't look up.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    If you just fill out these forms I´ll be back with you in a minute and then we´ll set this whole thing in motion.
  • Options
    freya couldn't believe she was in this situation. she thought that walking out on vincent would be relatively easy. she hadn't reckoned on this complication. or was it that she hadn't reckoned on leaving her husband. she looked around her. there was a couple sitting across the room who liked for all the world like they didn't belong here. their heads were together and she could see that the woman was crying. the man held her close and was whispering to her. two girls who couldn't have been more than 14 years old sat not talking, just staring into space. they were holding hands. freya figured that for one of them, this was the biggest decision of her life so far. a man sat nervously flicking through a magazine. the pages hardly registering. he was waiting for someone. his wife, girlfriend, sister or just a friend. he looked at freya and they exchanged slight smiles of empathy.
    she couldn't do it. not like this. she needed to talk with vincent. she wanted to talk to her sister. never had she needed anna more. she had to make anna talk to her. she couldn't do this alone. freya stood up and walked over to the receptionists desk. she dropped the forms and walked out. when she got to her car she broke down at the mess her life had become. it was times like this that freya envied her sister's coping mechanisms, both destructive and constructive.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    Come on you can't do this now. Not now. You must be strong Freya straighten your back and just do what needs to be done. You have come this far and there isn't any way back. Not that there ever was anything to begin with.
    I must go back inside I ow it to myself. Besides I can't very well keep sleeping in my car. My car, ha I like that.
  • Options
    freya started the car and as if on auto pilot, headed in the direction of anna's. it would take about twenty minutes to get there. how long it would take her to actually get out of the car and knock on her sister's door is anyone's guess. anna was right about vincent and now freya had to apologise and ask for her help at the same time. she had nowhere to stay. all her friends were vincent's friends. and no one wanted to get on his bad side. maybe she could stay with ann. she could ask her. besides what did she have to lose? or maybe she could find one of those shelters. freya heard a car horn and slammed her foot down on the brake. she'd just ran through a stop sign. she watched as the car continued on it's way. she checked for more cars and drove on. oh yeah dying in a car wreck, that would solve a few problems for her.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say