Options

New Sirius Channel To Play More Pearl Jam....

Comments

• Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    PJ, AIC, NIN...this station rocks!! Man I love sirius :D
  • Options
    pjambamapjambama Posts: 126
    moeaholic wrote:
    it's a decent channel, but i don't dig it because of the amount of pearl jam played. doesn't matter to me of they play pearl jam, i have all their studio albums. the channel is decent because of the songs they play that i completely forgot about. i put it on last night on the way home from work and said after every song started "holy shit, i forgot about this song!"

my favorite channel is (still) JAM_ON.

JAM_ON is way cool. my favorite band other than pearl jam is the grateful dead
  • Options
    last week pj was the highest played band being played 87 times and AIC was the the next band at 76 times played...Pj is still the top band played on the station since it started being played 132 times so far (this is updated as of yesterday) oddly enough being played so many times on the station the top PJ song played is yellow ledbetter which has only been played 9 times which shows me that the station deff has some diversity!
  • Options
    homeratbat wrote:
    last week pj was the highest played band being played 87 times and AIC was the the next band at 76 times played...Pj is still the top band played on the station since it started being played 132 times so far (this is updated as of yesterday) oddly enough being played so many times on the station the top PJ song played is yellow ledbetter which has only been played 9 times which shows me that the station deff has some diversity!

You must have a lot of free time to be able to count all those songs...
    Leave your lady on the cement floor.

"You boo us, you call us pussies, and still we come back." EV NJ1 2006

2008 MSG 2
    2006 NJ 1, NJ 2
    2003 MSG 1
  • Options

actaully if you read through the thread i posted a link that keeps track of all the songs played on the station
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146

http://www.dogstarradio.com
  • Options
    thatgirlthatgirl Posts: 3,671
    release :D
    "I hear Fanch has a Pimp Cup and loves Kiss. I think that's all that really matters."
  • Options
    Did anyone else hear the MLB version of Crown on sirius saturday? I was so excited! Also heard Nearly Lost You by the Screaming Trees. I love that song! I am diggin Lithium! It takes me back....ahhhh!
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,260
    That's cool. I have XM now (which plays a TON of PJ)...I can't wait for the merger so I can get even more PJ.

Today, since I've been at work (about 2 hours or so) I've heard...
    WWS
    Small Town
    Yellow Ledbetter
    Alive
    Animal
    You Are (yeah, I was surprized too!)
    Who You Are
  • Options
    meisteredermeistereder Posts: 1,576
    mca47 wrote:
    That's cool. I have XM now (which plays a TON of PJ)...I can't wait for the merger so I can get even more PJ.

Today, since I've been at work (about 2 hours or so) I've heard...
    WWS
    Small Town
    Yellow Ledbetter
    Alive
    Animal
    You Are (yeah, I was surprized too!)
    Who You Are

What channel is that on XM, just in case the merger ends up nixing Lithium on Sirius?
    San Diego 10/25/00, Mountain View 6/1/03, Santa Barbara 10/28/03, Northwest School 3/18/05, San Diego 7/7/06, Los Angeles 7/9/06, 7/10/06, Honolulu (U2) 12/9/06, Santa Barbara (EV) 4/10/08, Los Angeles (EV) 4/12/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield 6/28/08, VH1 Rock Honors The Who 7/12/08, Seattle 9/21/09, Universal City 9/30/09, 10/1/09, 10/6/09, 10/7/09, San Diego 10/9/09, Los Angeles (EV) 7/8/11, Santa Barbara (EV) 7/9/11, Chicago 7/19/13, San Diego 11/21/13, Los Angeles 11/23/13, 11/24/13, Oakland 11/26/13, Chicago 8/22/16, Missoula 8/13/18, Boston 9/2/18, Los Angeles 2/25/22 (EV), San Diego 5/3/22, Los Angeles 5/6/22, 5/7/22, Imola 6/25/22, Los Angeles 5/21/24, [London 6/29/24], [Boston 9/15/24]
  • Options
    What channel is that on XM, just in case the merger ends up nixing Lithium on Sirius?
    It was between two channels (Lucy and Ethel).
  • Options
    i listen to this all day at work
    If you hate something dont you do it too
    world fucking champs!!!
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,774
    moeaholic wrote:
    it's a decent channel, but i don't dig it because of the amount of pearl jam played. doesn't matter to me of they play pearl jam, i have all their studio albums. the channel is decent because of the songs they play that i completely forgot about. i put it on last night on the way home from work and said after every song started "holy shit, i forgot about this song!"

my favorite channel is (still) JAM_ON.

Earlier today, I heard Citizen King do "Better Days". Haven't heard that song in years.

Today's Pearl Jam, and related, included Immortality and Reach Down.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:
    It was between two channels (Lucy and Ethel).

Squizz? I don't have XM, but I heard Squizz as being mentioned.

I don't want to take this off-topic, but XM has some weird channel names...
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    Did anyone else hear the MLB version of Crown on sirius saturday? I was so excited! Also heard Nearly Lost You by the Screaming Trees. I love that song! I am diggin Lithium! It takes me back....ahhhh!

They play Crown of Thorns on there quite a bit... I heard it twice in 4-5 days.
  • Options
    NoCode_inMTNoCode_inMT Posts: 551
    F'n "GARDEN".
    SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    1998-6/20, 6/21
    2003-6/1, 10/25
    2005-8/29, 9/4
    2006-7/2, 7/22, 7/23
    2008-4/15(EV solo)
    2009-9/21, 9/22, 9/28
    2011-9/3, 9/4
    2012-9/30
    2013-7/19, 11/30
  • Options
    Finally!

After hearing "The elderly woman behind the counter's favorite radio station" promo 200 times (well, not that many), we finally are treated to the song!
  • Options
    rriversrrivers Posts: 3,693
    Yesterday, I heard "Last" by Nine Inch Nails!!!!! Insane!!!

"Pigs we get what pigs deserve!"
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Options
    Tom KTom K Posts: 842
    MLB- crown of thorns.. right now..
    I'm gone ..Long gone..This time I'm letting go of it all...So long...Cause this time I'm gone
  • Options
    Squizz? I don't have XM, but I heard Squizz as being mentioned.

I don't want to take this off-topic, but XM has some weird channel names...

Yeah, Squizz plays a bunch of PJ too.
    Squizz is a "harder rock" station, where Lucy and Ethel are more alternative rock channels.
  • Options
    In a span of 21 minutes, I heard Reach Down and now Why Go? is playing.

:)

Sometimes, I seriously think that SIRIUS stole my iPod.
  • Options
    rrivers wrote:
    Yesterday, I heard "Last" by Nine Inch Nails!!!!! Insane!!!

"Pigs we get what pigs deserve!"

What the hell is up with Trent Reznor and pigs?

March of the Pigs, Piggy, and your post.

...methinks he has an affection for them. ;)
  • Options
    I'd rather be...I'd rather be...I'd rather be with...

*All of us*

AN ANIMAL!!!
  • Options
    Holy fuckin' shit.

Once divided. Nothing left to subtract.
    Some words when spoken can't be taken back.
    Walks on his own with thoughts he can't help thinking.
    Future's above, but in the past he's slow and sinking.
    Caught a bolt of lightning. Cursed the day he let it go.

Nothingman.
    Isn't it something, nothingman.

She once believed in every story he had to tell.
    One day she stiffened. Took the other side.
    Empty stares from each corner of a shared prison cell.
    One just escapes. One's left inside the well.
    And he who forgets will be destined to remember.

Nothingman.

She don't want him (she don't want him).
    She won't feed him after he's flown away.
    Into the sun.
    Burn, burn, burn.
    Nothingman.
    Nothingman.
    Coulda' been something, nothingman.
  • Options
    Release was played last night..

Anyone have the counter?
  • Options
    i'm a sirius subscriber myself but listen to the radio over the internet a lot at work. http://www.aolradio.com has an All Pearl Jam channel. There is no charge, its cd quality, virtually commercial free and just flat out amazing. A 24/7 pearl jam mix of old, new, studio and live.

Enjoy!
  • Options
  • Options
    XM is busting out some serious PJ today.
    I've been at work for an hour and a half and I've heard...

Evenflow
    Jeremy
    I Believe in Miracles (Ed and Zeke- From the Ramones Tribute Album)!!!
    Who You Are
    In Hiding
  • Options
    Ahhh, yes, another mini-concert.

Lithium 24 had Reach Down. Not 30 seconds after that ended, "Pearl Jam" came up on my scroll, prompting me to turn to Alt Nation where I heard Better Man.

Not bad, huh?

It gets better. 10:58 ET, and Breath comes up. :)

Three songs in 15 minutes isn't bad at all. :)