Options

New Sirius Channel To Play More Pearl Jam....

Comments

• Options
    WOW, really cool web site, I wonder who's sitting there updating this, whata great job that has to be...

Thanks for posting!

I love this new station and I haven't stopped listening to it!

~Dustin

That's GOT to be automatic...Some guy is probably streaming it to his computer and it captures the song information.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    So happy I got Sirius before Christmas...funny thing was I was always bitching that we needed a 90's alternative station....it is freaking incredible....

I wouldn't mind a Seattle (Flannel) Channel. Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Jimi, and the other stuff. But this is a pretty good start.

It's actually sorta like my 1990's CD collection.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    lksammkt wrote:
    I got Sirius and joined the Revolution for Howard. But this new station is real good....honestly make the switch to Sirius if you are thinking about it!

I wonder how many people don't want to "pay for radio because they can get it for free."

Wow, what a mis-statement that is. Yet, they're paying a similar price for ~14 channels of HBO, and buying bottled water.

It's actually something like 43 cents a day, even less if you sign up for a year. Who cares why you get it, it's great music and there's something for everyone.

There's even a few kid channels if you've got little ones.
  • Options
    This channel is really kicking Ass!!
    Lizardking

http://www.myspace.com/lizardkings1

(This Post May Have Been Edited By AT&T)
  • Options
    Heard Breath this morning!

Love Reign O'er Me now playing on Maxim (channel 108.) #12 on their "Must Have Downloads" countdown show. They even announced the new channel that we all know about and said you could get the new song at http://www.myspace.com/tenclub
  • Options
    URthekeyURthekey Posts: 1,677
    Ed kicks Rogers ass on that. And Boom on the keys.... so sweet.
  • Options
    OgnitOgnit Posts: 64
    I love the new station. My only complaint with sirius since I got it was that I wasn't getting enough Pearl Jam. What we need now is a Pearl Jam 24/7 station like what they did with the who and the stones.
  • Options
    Ognit wrote:
    I love the new station. My only complaint with sirius since I got it was that I wasn't getting enough Pearl Jam. What we need now is a Pearl Jam 24/7 station like what they did with the who and the stones.

I've heard RUMORS of a "rotating artist" channel, so there is hope, but nothing solid.

Wishlist now on Spectrum (18).
  • Options
    spivedspived Posts: 109
    Hello,

Does anybody have a promo code to Sirius?

What's the benefit to have a promo code?

Thanks in advance!

check love reign o'er me (instrumental)
    http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=234305
    all you need is love
    I got some if you need it
  • Options
    No Excuses ending right now.

I'd really LOVE to hear something like SOLAT. :)

:)

I sure called that one.
  • Options
    Dish Network customers will want to turn to channel 6024. If you have DirecTV, you're out of luck.

You only get this channel if you have the one of the following packages:

AMERICA'S EVERYTHING PAK
    AMERICA'S TOP 200
    AMERICA'S TOP 250

Spanish Dish (Probably doesn't apply to most people in this forum.)
    DISH LATINO DOS
    DISH LATINO DOS (W LOCALS)
    DISH LATINO DOS DHA
    DISH LATINO DOS WITH PLAYBOY
    DISH LATINO EVERYTHING PAK
    DISH LATINO MAX
    DISH LATINO MAX (W LOCALS)
    DISH LATINO MAX DHA
    DISH LATINO MAX WITH PLAYBOY
    DISH LATINO MAX WITH PLAYBOY (W LOCALS)
  • Options
    I was listening to NPR today and a subject came up about Sirius and Xm joining to use the same equipment and ect. because of there current financially problems. On the drive home they were talking about the fact that it could be considered a monopoly if they were both owned by the same corp. It stated that one of there bigest problems was caused by the recent celebrity chanels. Howard Stern being a great example. I guess we'll find out

7/02/06 Denver
    12/02/06 Honolulu
  • Options
    schmoffschmoff Posts: 428
    FYI - Sirius and XM are announcing a merge tomorrow at 8:30 am ET

It's on the sirius homepage now
    50+ shows and lost count somewhere along the way
  • Options
    well there ya go

7/02/06 Denver
    12/02/06 Honolulu
  • Options
    pjambamapjambama Posts: 126
    lets all call the request line and see how deep into pearl jam's playlist the lithium channel will go. my request will be red mosquito

877-33-sirius to request songs
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,512
    BBC Radio ch.11 played Alive and Sad 45 minutes ago.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    rriversrrivers Posts: 3,693
    What does everyone think about the sirius/xm merger? I think it will be a good thing because the one thing I missed with sirius was baseball.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Options
    meisteredermeistereder Posts: 1,576
    I really hope the merger ends up being as good as they are talking it up to be. I hope they don't do away with the new Lithium channel. That would just suck.

Yeah, the MLB will be good. Otherwise, I always heard Sirius had better music, so I hope they don't go with the XM channels and scrap Sirius programming.
    San Diego 10/25/00, Mountain View 6/1/03, Santa Barbara 10/28/03, Northwest School 3/18/05, San Diego 7/7/06, Los Angeles 7/9/06, 7/10/06, Honolulu (U2) 12/9/06, Santa Barbara (EV) 4/10/08, Los Angeles (EV) 4/12/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield 6/28/08, VH1 Rock Honors The Who 7/12/08, Seattle 9/21/09, Universal City 9/30/09, 10/1/09, 10/6/09, 10/7/09, San Diego 10/9/09, Los Angeles (EV) 7/8/11, Santa Barbara (EV) 7/9/11, Chicago 7/19/13, San Diego 11/21/13, Los Angeles 11/23/13, 11/24/13, Oakland 11/26/13, Chicago 8/22/16, Missoula 8/13/18, Boston 9/2/18, Los Angeles 2/25/22 (EV), San Diego 5/3/22, Los Angeles 5/6/22, 5/7/22, Imola 6/25/22, Los Angeles 5/21/24, [London 6/29/24], [Boston 9/15/24]
  • Options
    Yeah I would not like it if they scrapped all sirius programming. There's so many cool shows on it like the countdown shows on Alt Nation. The 80s channel does a countdown of the top 20 or so from this week in a certain 80s week. Another cool show is Dark Wave on Sunday nights on 1st Wave where they play darker alternative music ie NIN, Sisters of Mercy.

I know both channels have 60s, 70s, 80s, etc. so they won't have to change that.
  • Options
    meisteredermeistereder Posts: 1,576
    The good thing is it seems like Sirius is coming out on top of this merger in certain key ways -- the CEO and Board Chairman of the new company are both from Sirius, for example. Then again, I think XM has more facilities, and the fact that they have more subscribers worries me that the programming may come out favoring XM. It should be very interesting.
    San Diego 10/25/00, Mountain View 6/1/03, Santa Barbara 10/28/03, Northwest School 3/18/05, San Diego 7/7/06, Los Angeles 7/9/06, 7/10/06, Honolulu (U2) 12/9/06, Santa Barbara (EV) 4/10/08, Los Angeles (EV) 4/12/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield 6/28/08, VH1 Rock Honors The Who 7/12/08, Seattle 9/21/09, Universal City 9/30/09, 10/1/09, 10/6/09, 10/7/09, San Diego 10/9/09, Los Angeles (EV) 7/8/11, Santa Barbara (EV) 7/9/11, Chicago 7/19/13, San Diego 11/21/13, Los Angeles 11/23/13, 11/24/13, Oakland 11/26/13, Chicago 8/22/16, Missoula 8/13/18, Boston 9/2/18, Los Angeles 2/25/22 (EV), San Diego 5/3/22, Los Angeles 5/6/22, 5/7/22, Imola 6/25/22, Los Angeles 5/21/24, [London 6/29/24], [Boston 9/15/24]
  • Options
    pjambamapjambama Posts: 126
    this is awesome for those of us who listen to satellite radio. 4 example. if i want to listen to pac 10 sports or alabama sports i would have to subscribe to both sirius(only carries alabama) and xm(only carries pac 10). if this merger goes thru i'll only have to subscribe to one service

not to mention more pearl jam!!
  • Options
    The good thing is it seems like Sirius is coming out on top of this merger in certain key ways -- the CEO and Board Chairman of the new company are both from Sirius, for example. Then again, I think XM has more facilities, and the fact that they have more subscribers worries me that the programming may come out favoring XM. It should be very interesting.

Yeah when I was somewhat lerry (sp?) about getting satelitte radio it made me more conifdent when I saw that Mel Karmizan was the CEO of Sirius. Now he will be the CEO of the combined companies and he has a long history of success so I'm sure it will work out.
  • Options
    sirius bought out xm, so i'd figure most of the sirius content will stay intact, xm go bye bye

subscription fees are estimated to be $19.95/month next year
  • Options
    schmoff wrote:
    sirius bought out xm, so i'd figure most of the sirius content will stay intact, xm go bye bye

Where did you get this info?

That's what I pay for 2 receivers right now!
  • Options
    schmoff wrote:

where did you see the subscription fee's going up? especially by 50%? That's a big markup.they shouldnt eliminate any channelfor that price.

For all those who love lithium, have no fear the squizz will not dissapoint. And yes I am a sirius subscriber.
    I have to say though, I'm more interested to see if dopie and anthony get the boot or not.
    4-30-03
    7-06-03
    7-11-03
    9-28-04
    9-29-04
    5-13-06
    6-03-06
    6-27-08
  • Options
    i read it in the newspaper today, it is just speculation and probably wont take effect till next year
  • Options
    It's too bad this is happening just as baseball season is starting. As a current sirius subscriber, I would love to be able to listen to MLB this season.
  • Options
    the new station is great
    If you hate something dont you do it too
    world fucking champs!!!
  • Options
    In regards to a merger, the FCC has no idea what they're talking about. Satellite radio (as a whole) competes with cable radio, music choice, iPods, terrestrial radio, internet radio, etc.

I have heard nothing about raised rates. Why would they do it? If they came together, they would no longer have to bid exhorbiant prices just to get the rights for whatever content. If the combined companies could bid $50 million instead of $500 million, then they wouldn't have a reason to charge subscribers as much.

Sirius' CEO (Mel Karmazin) would run the combined company, and Hugh Panero (XM's CEO) would only stay on until everything is combined. It sounds just a little bit like Sirius might buy out XM.

As far as channels would go, I don't have XM, but I hear that they have a 40's channel that plays music of that decade as well as radio reports from that time. It'd be nice to have that, just to see what people were hearing. XM's "Frank's Place", a channel playing nothing but Frank Sinatra music is coming to Sirius. Sirius had a channel with Frank Sinatra and similar music that is being dropped. To fill the void, the channel on XM formerly known as "Frank's Place" will be playing his music and similar songs.

Hopefully they'll take the very best of the programming and combine it. Who the hell knows what'll go on beyond that? No one. This deal is still far from complete.

With all that said, I heard Mother Love Bone with Chloe Dancer/Crown Of Thorns a few days ago! How more deeper can you get? I was just about to change the channel when I looked at the scroll and that's what it said. :)

A few songs after that, I heard Oceans. :)

11:02 AM Now they're playing Soundgarden's "Birth Ritual", off the Singles soundtrack. Not Pearl Jam, but pretty close.

11:13 AM SOLAT just ended.
  • Options
    The one and only thing I want in a Sirius XM merger is to NOT CHANGE THE HOWARD STERN CHANNEL. His show is perfection now and I hope it remains that good after the merger.

Also, they better keep the Riley Martin show :)

9/17/95-New Orleans,LA 8/14/00-New Orleans,LA 4/8/03-New Orleans,LA 4/13/03-Tampa,FL 10/8/04-Kissimmee,FL 8/5/07-Chicago,IL 6/16/08-Columbia,SC 6/23/09-(EV Solo)Atlanta,GA 5/1/10-New Orleans,LA 9/21/12-Pensacola,FL 11/1/13-New Orleans,LA 4/11/16-Tampa,FL  4/23/16-New Orleans,LA