Options

New Sirius Channel To Play More Pearl Jam....

Comments

• Options
    rriversrrivers Posts: 3,692
    I jut sent an e-mail to Sirius about how terrible (and somewhat offensive) their bumps and station IDs are. I recommend that you do the same:

http://www.sirius.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=Sirius/Page&c=FlexContent&cid=1112908249913

It's better than just bitching about it here on the board. But, I'm glad to hear that there were a bunch of other people out there that fealt the same way.

It's an easy change for them to make, and after they hear from a couple of listeners, I'm sure they will. Sirius is very user oreinted, and great about making changes and adjustments to keep people happy.

They are user friendly, which is a huge reason why they are so good.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Options
    toronado10toronado10 Posts: 239
    I jut sent an e-mail to Sirius about how terrible (and somewhat offensive) their bumps and station IDs are. I recommend that you do the same:

http://www.sirius.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=Sirius/Page&c=FlexContent&cid=1112908249913

It's better than just bitching about it here on the board. But, I'm glad to hear that there were a bunch of other people out there that fealt the same way.

It's an easy change for them to make, and after they hear from a couple of listeners, I'm sure they will. Sirius is very user oreinted, and great about making changes and adjustments to keep people happy.

what is the problem? I've never heard anything offensive, but I really don't pay too much attention
    Take time to see the sky,
    Find shapes in the clouds.
    Hear the murmur of the wind
    and touch the cool water.
    Walk softly,
    we are intruders,
    tolerated briefly
    In an infinite universe.
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,774
    Did anyone else check out Tremor Christ today just before 8 AM ET/5 AM PT??
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    Did anyone else check out Tremor Christ today just before 8 AM ET/5 AM PT??

No but I heard the creepy "wanna share a needle".
  • Options
    Yeah, the "wanna share a needle" is a bit creepy, but I can usually mentally tune myself out during the bumpers.

I think the Elderly Woman one is pretty cool.

What I like is when they do a bumper related to a band, then play one of that band's songs.

Glorified G about 10 mins ago.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,258
    I'm sorry to "pirate" your thread...but since XM and Sirius will be one of the same soon...

XM plays a TON of PJ! I keep it on while at work and monitor what's on...
    They play their fair share of PJ classics (Betterman, Alive, Even Flow, etc.) but they also play a lot of "rare" tunes and live licks...have heard quite a few from Benaroya and Live on Two Legs.
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:
    I'm sorry to "pirate" your thread...but since XM and Sirius will be one of the same soon...

XM plays a TON of PJ! I keep it on while at work and monitor what's on...
    They play their fair share of PJ classics (Betterman, Alive, Even Flow, etc.) but they also play a lot of "rare" tunes and live licks...have heard quite a few from Benaroya and Live on Two Legs.

That's cool. I think I have only heard one live PJ on Sirius, it was on Classic Rewind when they did a segment of bands covering other bands and they played PJ playing Baba O'Riley. I'd love to hear some Benaroya.

I wonder if that's why they don't have djs on Lithium because they are thinking about the merger and will fill in that spot with an XM dj.
  • Options
    rrivers wrote:
    That's cool. I think I have only heard one live PJ on Sirius, it was on Classic Rewind when they did a segment of bands covering other bands and they played PJ playing Baba O'Riley. I'd love to hear some Benaroya.

I wonder if that's why they don't have djs on Lithium because they are thinking about the merger and will fill in that spot with an XM dj.

When is all of that merger crap actually going into effect?
    I really like XM, but who am I to argue with more channels?!?! :p
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:

I think they are having trouble getting it approved by the FCC. Howard said that Mel Karmizin has had to continue to go to meetings to try to convince the government to allow it.
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:

Probably not for a while. Last I heard (and it's several months old):

By the end of the summer, we may have a date when things will start happening, or things might be starting to happen. Of course, this is all if things go to plan.

I also heard that your current XM or SIRIUS radio will continue to receive only that programming...you'd have to buy a new radio to get the other programming.

Most importantly, no programming will be lost. (YAY!)

They were also considering a multi-level pricing system.

Example: Music costs $X a month. Audio from TV channels costs $X a month. Maybe an "girls" package with Martha Stewart, Oprah, etc, and another "guys" channel with guy programming.

Once again I don't know the most current info or what exactly IS going on, but I support that. If someone doesn't want music, or doesn't want NBA, then why should they have to pay for it? And if they want the whole thing, there should be a special programming package of $15 a month or so. And, of course, the yearly or other extended plans need to continue...

You don't have FM radio for music and a seperate unit for AM talk or sports, do you? Why should satellite be the same?

But i'm completely off topic here...

Here's the good stuff I heard yesterday:

24 Third Eye Blind Graduate 5/24/2007 9:39:19 PM
    24 Oleander Why I'm Here 5/24/2007 9:35:31 PM
    24 Fatboy Slim The Rockafeller Skank 5/24/2007 9:29:11 PM
    24 Green Day Longview 5/24/2007 9:25:35 PM
    24 LITHIUM 24 finally - your music! 5/24/2007 9:25:30 PM
    24 Blink-182 All The Small Things 5/24/2007 9:22:47 PM
    24 Nirvana Pennyroyal Tea 5/24/2007 9:19:20 PM

And the recent PJ:

Hail, Hail 5/25/2007 8:37:33 PM
    Leash 5/25/2007 7:32:36 PM
    Jeremy 5/25/2007 5:33:42 PM
    Dissident 5/25/2007 4:04:56 PM
    Immortality 5/25/2007 2:16:41 PM
    Garden 5/25/2007 1:10:00 PM
    Black 5/25/2007 11:06:09 AM
    Alive 5/25/2007 10:02:20 AM
    Glorified G 5/25/2007 7:36:22 AM
    Better Man 5/25/2007 5:58:07 AM
    Even Flow 5/25/2007 4:46:24 AM
    Elderly Woman Behind The Counter.. 5/25/2007 3:19:27 AM
    Yellow Ledbetter 5/25/2007 2:06:51 AM
    Daughter 5/25/2007 12:57:13 AM
    Hail, Hail 5/24/2007 11:54:49 PM
    Leash 5/24/2007 10:53:12 PM
    Tremor Christ 5/24/2007 8:36:59 PM
    Immortality 5/24/2007 7:31:46 PM
    Black 5/24/2007 6:33:06 PM
    Alive 5/24/2007 4:14:24 PM
    Even Flow 5/24/2007 2:02:35 PM
    Yellow Ledbetter 5/24/2007 12:22:10 PM
    Better Man 5/24/2007 11:23:00 AM
    Elderly Woman Behind The Counter.. 5/24/2007 10:19:56 AM
    Jeremy 5/24/2007 9:04:14 AM
    Garden 5/24/2007 7:48:27 AM
    Daughter 5/24/2007 6:39:35 AM
    Once 5/24/2007 5:32:12 AM
    Glorified G 5/24/2007 3:25:39 AM
    Dissident 5/24/2007 2:33:33 AM
    Spin The Black Circle 5/24/2007 12:20:53 AM
  • Options
    truanttruant Posts: 34
    I'm sitting here in the middle of my empty living room, and #24 just cranked Once for me (just for me of course), and I feel a whole lot better now. ...Which reminds me that the at the Saturday show at the Gorge last time, when they played Once, I was on the aisle, section A far right and this little maybe 8 year old girl, loved and rocked out to the end of Once, and Ed would scream Once!, and this kid would scream Once! back and raise her fist in the air. Cutest and coolest fucking thing I've ever seen... Once will always be one of my faves because of that little rockin' girl. I love this band!!!
    ** Seattle II 11/06/00 ** Key Arena 12/08/02 ** Key Arena 12/09/02 ** Vancouver 05/30/03 ** Benaroya 10/22/03 ** Santa Barbara 10/28/03 ** NW School 03/18/05 ** Gorge 09/01/05 ** Gorge I 07/22/06 ** Gorge II 07/23/06 ** Hawaii 12/02/06 ** Vancouver EV 04/02/08 ** DC 06/22/08 **
  • Options

I also heard that your current XM or SIRIUS radio will continue to receive only that programming...you'd have to buy a new radio to get the other programming.

Right after the whole XM-Sirius merger info hit the news XM posted on their site saying that customers would not have to purchase any additional equipment to fully utilize even those Sirius channels, as they would all be integrated.
    I don't know if this has recently changed...I sure as shit hope not...but those were the words directly from XM.
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:
    Right after the whole XM-Sirius merger info hit the news XM posted on their site saying that customers would not have to purchase any additional equipment to fully utilize even those Sirius channels, as they would all be integrated.
    I don't know if this has recently changed...I sure as shit hope not...but those were the words directly from XM.

I think he is wrong about having to buy a new radio and choosing the different programs. I heard Mel Karmizin (who will be the new CEO) on Howard Stern and he said nothing like that. He said that all radios will continue to work and you will just get all the programming. When you think about it, it doesn't make sense for them to charge more for the service since they are still trying to get more people to subscribe.
  • Options
    rrivers wrote:
    I think he is wrong about having to buy a new radio and choosing the different programs. I heard Mel Karmizin (who will be the new CEO) on Howard Stern and he said nothing like that. He said that all radios will continue to work and you will just get all the programming. When you think about it, it doesn't make sense for them to charge more for the service since they are still trying to get more people to subscribe.

Exactly.
    And IF they were going to require new radios you'd think both XM and Sirius would want to unload their old radios and come out with "new" ones.
    I think 300+ channels is gonna be damn cool!

I just hope they keep the prices similar to what they are now.
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:
    Exactly.
    And IF they were going to require new radios you'd think both XM and Sirius would want to unload their old radios and come out with "new" ones.
    I think 300+ channels is gonna be damn cool!

I just hope they keep the prices similar to what they are now.

Making people buy new radios would also hurt them with getting approval from the FCC.

From what Karmizin said on Stern the prices should stay the same. The following is from a summary of what happened on Stern's show:

Mel noted the subscription price for SIRIUS had remained the same at $12.95 throughout its existence, and believed that wasn’t likely to change if the merger took place. Mel went on to say subscribers wouldn’t have to buy new radios if the merger went through either, and that they’d still be able to pick up programming that was originally exclusive to XM, and vice versa. Mel then noted the merger was designed with the consumer in mind, and that he was confident it would be approved because of all the “advantages” it would provide not only for the listeners, but also for the stores that sold satellite radios.
  • Options
    Top Ten Artists on Channel 24 Last Week:

1. Pearl Jam
    2. Nirvana
    3. Alice In Chains
    4. Soundgarden
    5. Stone Temple Pilots
    6. Smashing Pumpkins
    7. Red Hot Chili Peppers
    8. Green Day
    9. Foo Fighters
    10. Bush

Top Ten Songs on Channel 24 Last Week:

1. Hunger Strike, Temple Of The Dog
    2. Sober, Tool
    2. Outshined, Soundgarden
    4. Little Miss Can't Be Wrong, Spin Doctors
    4. Tonight, Tonight, Smashing Pumpkins
    4. Creep, Stone Temple Pilots
    4. Black Hole Sun, Soundgarden
    4. The Man Who Sold The World (unplugge, Nirvana
    4. Celebrity Skin, Hole
    4. About A Girl, Nirvana

http://www.dogstarradio.com/wiki/index.php?title=%2790s_Alternative
  • Options
    Top Ten Artists on Channel 24 Last Week:

1. Pearl Jam
    2. Nirvana
    3. Alice In Chains
    4. Soundgarden
    5. Stone Temple Pilots
    6. Smashing Pumpkins
    7. Red Hot Chili Peppers
    8. Green Day
    9. Foo Fighters
    10. Bush

Top Ten Songs on Channel 24 Last Week:

1. Hunger Strike, Temple Of The Dog
    2. Sober, Tool
    2. Outshined, Soundgarden
    4. Little Miss Can't Be Wrong, Spin Doctors
    4. Tonight, Tonight, Smashing Pumpkins
    4. Creep, Stone Temple Pilots
    4. Black Hole Sun, Soundgarden
    4. The Man Who Sold The World (unplugge, Nirvana
    4. Celebrity Skin, Hole
    4. About A Girl, Nirvana

http://www.dogstarradio.com/wiki/index.php?title=%2790s_Alternative

It's cool that PJ are the top artist but none of their songs are in the top ten. Means they are playing a lot of different PJ songs.
  • Options
    Maybe it's just me, but in the past 25 or so minutes, I heard "The elderly woman behind the counter in a small town's favorite radio station" followed by Black.

A few songs before that, I heard the promo "Where you don't have to come as you are" followed by Nirvana's Lithium.

IMO, that's how it should be. If they're going to play a bumper that "teases" a band, they should play that band next. Don't play something hinting at Pearl Jam (or any band) then play U2 or Alanis or anything. -- Not that i'm against those bands, which i'm not, but don't let me down like that.
  • Options
    Thanks to this channel, I have heard Pearl Jam's studio version of Crazy Mary for the first time.

Hearing Tremor Christ on radio is also a very good thing.

Here's what's been played so far since 12:01 AM on Sunday 11/11:
    Crazy Mary 11/11/2007 2:32:56 PM
    Tremor Christ 11/11/2007 1:12:59 PM
    Dissident 11/11/2007 9:44:51 AM
    Black 11/11/2007 8:27:04 AM
    Yellow Ledbetter 11/11/2007 7:09:11 AM
    Even Flow 11/11/2007 4:36:23 AM
    Better Man 11/11/2007 3:11:43 AM
    I Got ID 11/11/2007 12:59:37 AM
    Oceans 11/11/2007 12:02:15 AM

Super Shuffle (Sirius' mix of everything) has played:
    Alive 11/8/2007 11:34:51 PM
    Daughter 11/8/2007 12:33:18 PM
    Better Man 11/7/2007 1:34:27 PM
    Alive 11/6/2007 8:34:03 PM
    Daughter 11/6/2007 8:35:56 AM
    Better Man 11/5/2007 10:33:22 PM
    Jeremy 11/5/2007 3:04:08 AM

The Pulse (90's channel) has played:
    Last Kiss 11/8/2007 4:13:44 AM

Alt Nation (Alternative stuff) has played:
    World Wide Suicide 11/8/2007 10:02:28 AM
    World Wide Suicide 11/5/2007 11:07:36 PM

Life Wasted (on 25), Nothingman (on 18), Alive (on 108), have also been played. Good to see the music be played all over the place. :)

http://www.dogstarradio.com/search_playlist.php?artist=Pearl+Jam&title=&channel=&month=&date=&shour=&sampm=&stz=&ehour=&eampm=

If that link works for you, it's a rundown of what's recently been played where.
  • Options
    I just heard this song come on and wondered what it was.

WE NEED MORE CRAZY MARY! :)

I love the twangy-picky guitar sound in the studio version.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,364
    i do believe this is the longest thread The Jeagler has ever started.

i'd like thank all of you for making this happen. without your kind words, encouragement, and support, i'd never be where i am today. this is proof that dreams do come true. never give up on your dreams no matter how insurmountable they may seem. ha choooo...excuse me. i have alergies. anyway, thank you also to the academy and everyone who voted for me.

hold on--wait a minu
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Pearl Jam B-Sides Themselves Week
    Mon 4/28 - Sun 5/4
    Pearl Jam are touring this summer, and in honor of that, Lithium is presenting the Pearl Jam B-Sides Themselves week. We're going deep and live from one of the greatest rock bands of the '90s. Call now and make a request at 877-33-Sirius and tell us your favorite Pearl Jam moments and memories; we'll play some of your stories alongside deep and live cuts from Pearl Jam.

http://www.sirius.com/lithium

I wonder if we identified ourselves as something like "Lost In Ohio from the Message Pit", they'd air it that way.

Oh, please play whole concerts!
  • Options
    i heard tremor christ this morning...thought i'd hear more pj blocks though...
    Pearl Jam B-Sides Themselves Week
    Mon 4/28 - Sun 5/4
    Pearl Jam are touring this summer, and in honor of that, Lithium is presenting the Pearl Jam B-Sides Themselves week. We're going deep and live from one of the greatest rock bands of the '90s. Call now and make a request at 877-33-Sirius and tell us your favorite Pearl Jam moments and memories; we'll play some of your stories alongside deep and live cuts from Pearl Jam.

http://www.sirius.com/lithium

I wonder if we identified ourselves as something like "Lost In Ohio from the Message Pit", they'd air it that way.

Oh, please play whole concerts!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,487
    i heard tremor christ this morning...thought i'd hear more pj blocks though...

Yea I was hoping for more than 1 song an hour.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    I just heard The Kids Are Alright (Live)
  • Options
    igotid88 wrote:
    Yea I was hoping for more than 1 song an hour.

Yeah, yesterday I listened to it all the way to work and then for a total of about an hour in the afternoon (not in a row) and didn't hear one mention of Pearl Jam or a Pearl Jam song. I thought maybe it was cancelled.

Then this morning I heard Daughter from the Gorge 2006. Then they said "check back in under an hour for another Pearl Jam song".

Hail, Hail live is playing right now.
  • Options
    http://www.dogstarradio.com/search_playlist.php?artist=pearl+jam&title=&channel=&month=&date=&shour=&sampm=&stz=&ehour=&eampm=

This search includes data from 11:57:56 PM 7/27/2008 to 6:15:19 AM 8/1/2008

I went to dogstarradio.com to see what channels were playing pearl jam. It's practically all 24 at this point, but if you go back to previous weeks, you'll see stuff on the pulse, underground garage, the spectrum, and so forth.
  • Options
    Just last night I was thinking how good it'd be if they came out with some of the Christmas singles. (I have actually heard "Let Me Sleep" on Sirius), but i'll take Breath, which they're playing now.
  • Options
    anyone get any info from sirius about the merger? i thought that the new programing options (ala carte, packages, etc) were going into place in the next couple months. you'd think they would have sent an email or something in the mail by now. anyone know anything?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    bvkessbvkess Posts: 10
    Basically, at some point this Fall, they will Howard Stern broadcasting on both first, then Oprah, Martha stewart, O&A, and so on. Next year the sports packages and music will follow. It will be a slow process, as XM will keep their offices in Washington.

Due to new receives required, and next years cars coming out, it will be a slow process. Plus I believe they have to wait something like 2 years before the satellite's are shot into space.

CEO Mel Karamizan (excuse the spelling) spoke aboiut this last month on a number of platforms

hope this helps...Siruis has the much better programming, IMO,