Chicago '08 Brad/Ed poster comes back .. SIGNED by Brad & Ed! Oh mama! :)

Comments

• jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    pdalowsky wrote:
    this is an excellent point, I'm dying to see the real value, by someone posting an auction at 99cents and watching it go out of interest

still gotta say those flippers sure do stink....but I had to have one :)
    I have the print too,and getting it framed will be my christmas present to myself. I wonder what crazy prints could be had for this print??
    Go Birds!!!!
  • I have no idea why anyone would put a bin price on this print in less it's like 1500. this print is being snatched up with ease at 500,550,and 600 soon.

Exactly. I think anyone selling this for less than $1000 is an absolute fool and is blinded by the idea of a quick cash-in. How many pieces of artwork are out there that Eddie helped MAKE, and are signed by him? 118. In the whole world. There's 2000 Benaroya vinyls. There are 118 of these, and Benaroya isn't signed by one of the greatest singers that helped define a generation. There's a reason that these have been selling for $500+ within an hour or less of the auctions being listed. The one that sold yesterday had a total of TWO viewers look at the auction before it was purchased. TWO. And one was certainly the person who listed it in the first place.
    Maybe all I need is a shot in the arm....
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,054
    Exactly. I think anyone selling this for less than $1000 is an absolute fool and is blinded by the idea of a quick cash-in. How many pieces of artwork are out there that Eddie helped MAKE, and are signed by him? 118. In the whole world. There's 2000 Benaroya vinyls. There are 118 of these, and Benaroya isn't signed by one of the greatest singers that helped define a generation. There's a reason that these have been selling for $500+ within an hour or less of the auctions being listed. The one that sold yesterday had a total of TWO viewers look at the auction before it was purchased. TWO. And one was certainly the person who listed it in the first place.

then again you have to admire the people that are trading these things for sensible trades against posters they actually want....I dont altogether agree with it per say, but if they get a poster they want in exchange for this then thats much better than someone flipping for opportunistic cash on ebay....dont these prints mean anything to those who buy them or is it strictly business?
  • mdgsolomdgsolo Posts: 796
    jmccue7 wrote:
    put yourself in the posters shoes--where would you like to sleep at night??

Well, I took your advice and it hasn't turned out so great. I've been sleeping with my poster every night making sure it is tucked in nicely on the softest side of the bed. But last night, I kind of half woke up feeling a little, um, frisky, and rolled over on top of it. When I got up in the morning, it was all crumpled and covered in drool...

;)
  • mdgsolo wrote:
    When I got up in the morning, it was all crumpled and covered in drool...

;)

I totally thought you were going to say it was covered in something ELSE.
  • Hawk123Hawk123 Posts: 2,037

Good point. I couldn't find the one currently listed on ebay because the artist just put Ed Vedder and I was searching for eddie. Already has 2 offers on it though.
    It is obviously all business for the guy who is selling on ebay right now. Currently has EV Chicago, PJ hartford, PJ Virginia beach, and both Camden's listed, all A/P and all have BIN.
    Do u think that someone would trade a 98 camden ames,klausen hawaii and toronto prints for the ed chicago print? Would love to see what trades this print has or could bring in.
    Go Birds!!!!
    Do u think that someone would trade a 98 camden ames,klausen hawaii and toronto prints for the ed chicago print? Would love to see what trades this print has or could bring in.

maybe but not yet, the market needs to settle first and establish a true value, one thing is for sure once the initial glut of sellers dies out this will prove very hard to find and we know what that will do to the value
  • pdalowsky wrote:
    this is an excellent point, I'm dying to see the real value, by someone posting an auction at 99cents and watching it go out of interest

still gotta say those flippers sure do stink....but I had to have one :)

Did you get one??
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
    pdalowsky wrote:
    maybe but not yet, the market needs to settle first and establish a true value, one thing is for sure once the initial glut of sellers dies out this will prove very hard to find and we know what that will do to the value

Exactly, there have been 4 on ebay in the past week. This will be very hard to come by once the flippers are through.
  • Hawk123 wrote:
    Ya I agree, most of these on ebay have been sold right away so people aren't even getting a chance to see them to bid. It is obvious these people are just looking to make a quick buck (or 500) and move on by using BIN. Mine is in to be framed right now and I can't wait to get it back.

Im heading to framers soon (today) to get it done.

Sweet!!
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • pjheadpjhead Posts: 121
    How many pieces of artwork are out there that Eddie helped MAKE, and are signed by him? 118. In the whole world. There's 2000 Benaroya vinyls. There are 118 of these, and Benaroya isn't signed by one of the greatest singers that helped define a generation.

117, see post #115. I agree, these should be fetching more than $500. I can't see how any true fan would part with it though.
    pjhead wrote:
    117, see post #115. I agree, these should be fetching more than $500. I can't see how any true fan would part with it though.

totally agree....

and Thierry, yes I did!!! paid a bit but thankfully not what they are now :)
  • i got idi got id Posts: 867
    I'm going to try and get this framed this weekend...so excited!
    i got id wrote:
    I'm going to try and get this framed this weekend...so excited!

I went and got mine done yesterday, should be ready next Wednesday. I can't wait to get it back. This is my first poster I have gotten framed and I went for something simple.

I got a black mat that covers the black border on the poster with a white v-groove in the mat and a black frame. It's simple but with the black mat it really makes the blues in the poster stand out. I considered a gray mat that matched the color of the statue but it just didn't look quite how I wanted it to.

Any ideas what you are planning?
  • strummersstrummers Posts: 2,611
    pdalowsky wrote:
    totally agree....

and Thierry, yes I did!!! paid a bit but thankfully not what they are now :)

Hey congrats, nice to see you got one before costs become even more ridiculous!

I have to admit, that $60 was so worth it :p !!
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    http://www.strummersphotography.com

<object width="360" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><PARAM NAME=FlashVars VALUE="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow"><embed src="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf&quot; FlashVars="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="360" height="300"></embed></object>
  • i got idi got id Posts: 867
    Hawk123 wrote:
    I went and got mine done yesterday, should be ready next Wednesday. I can't wait to get it back. This is my first poster I have gotten framed and I went for something simple.

I got a black mat that covers the black border on the poster with a white v-groove in the mat and a black frame. It's simple but with the black mat it really makes the blues in the poster stand out. I considered a gray mat that matched the color of the statue but it just didn't look quite how I wanted it to.

Any ideas what you are planning?

I was thinking of something to highlight the blues in the print, but I'm still not decided....
    latest one went for 475. Looks like that was the guy's best offer. It was listed for 600. I think his biggiest problem was it was listed under ed vedder instead of eddie or pearl jam. Really wanna see what this actually would go for without a bin.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,501
    latest one went for 475. Looks like that was the guy's best offer. It was listed for 600. I think his biggiest problem was it was listed under ed vedder instead of eddie or pearl jam. Really wanna see what this actually would go for without a bin.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Ed-Vedder-Chicago-Poster-S-N-by-Vedder-and-Klausen_W0QQitemZ220289379206QQihZ012QQcategoryZ60432QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

he/she wanted it buy now at US $549.99.
    closed at US $475.00 best offer.

my baby s/n at 113, they got 114 out of the 118 passion.
  • Dirty FrankkDirty Frankk Posts: 4,274
    I am still waiting on Chicago poster...did anybody got theme in Europe???
    CAN'T KEEP CRAZY MARY IN MY TREE NO WAY NOT FOR YOU. ALL THOSE YESTERDAY JEREMY is ALONE, SAD with RATS & BUGS it's HARD TO IMAGINE a JEREMY a BETTER MAN.
    LIFE WASTED, BLOOD on the PORCH, LAST KISS is a WISHLIST DEEP DOWN NOTHING AS IT SEEMS WHY GO COME BACK ALIVE SPIN THE BLACK CIRCLE and SMILE.
    demetrios wrote:
    http://cgi.ebay.ca/Ed-Vedder-Chicago-Poster-S-N-by-Vedder-and-Klausen_W0QQitemZ220289379206QQihZ012QQcategoryZ60432QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

he/she wanted it buy now at US $549.99.
    closed at US $475.00 best offer.

my baby s/n at 113, they got 114 out of the 118 passion.
    It was 599.99 originally they must had lowered it to 550.
    Go Birds!!!!
    It was 599.99 originally they must had lowered it to 550.

remembered something like that. early yesterday i seen it for $649.99 cdn. mama mia!!!
  • Dirty FrankkDirty Frankk Posts: 4,274
    CAN'T KEEP CRAZY MARY IN MY TREE NO WAY NOT FOR YOU. ALL THOSE YESTERDAY JEREMY is ALONE, SAD with RATS & BUGS it's HARD TO IMAGINE a JEREMY a BETTER MAN.
    LIFE WASTED, BLOOD on the PORCH, LAST KISS is a WISHLIST DEEP DOWN NOTHING AS IT SEEMS WHY GO COME BACK ALIVE SPIN THE BLACK CIRCLE and SMILE.

did you get a tracking number from Brad?
    email him at info@artillerydesign.com
    he has all the tracking info you need on your packages! :)
    theres one up on the bay. And no its not mine,just trying to help people out.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • I am still waiting on Chicago poster...did anybody got theme in Europe???

Yeah, it arrived in Ireland well over a week ago.

Have it framed and hanging in the sitting room already.
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • theres one up on the bay. And no its not mine,just trying to help people out.

I don't see it. Is it a buy-it-now auction? How much?
    I don't see it. Is it a buy-it-now auction? How much?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Chicago-poster-Klausen-Eddie-Vedder-Autograph-S-N-AP-ED_W0QQitemZ180297782697QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item180297782697&_trkparms=72%3A1406%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14 i found it on ebeans, but ebay search eddie vedder chicago is where i found it on the bay as well.
    Go Birds!!!!