Chicago '08 Brad/Ed poster comes back .. SIGNED by Brad & Ed! Oh mama! :)

Comments

• jmccue7jmccue7 Posts: 119
    Hawk123 wrote:
    Thanks a lot for that. I will definately do this. Once in the bag how do you store them? I was thinking of just putting them in the trifold cardboard display and keeping them somewhere safe.

that will work. i mean just keep it away from heat/humidity/animals stuff like that. put yourself in the posters shoes--where would you like to sleep at night??

just be sure to wash/dry your hands thoroughly and handle the poster as little as possible. don't want any dirt/oils from your hand to get on the poster
    Merriweather '00
    East Troy '03
    Boston I '04
    Pittsburgh '06
    Lollapalooza '07
    DC '08
    MSG I & II '08
  • jmccue7 wrote:
    just be sure to wash/dry your hands thoroughly and handle the poster as little as possible. don't want any dirt/oils from your hand to get on the poster

usually if youre nice and smile pretty at your local framing shop or michaels or whatever theyll give you a pair of the cotton gloves they use.

...say please too
  • 88/118 in denver today. glad i went for this one. never imagined i'd have a poster signed by ed in my collection...pretty cool.
    6/26-27/98, 6/13/99, 8/15/00, 10/12/00, 10/17-18/00, 12/09/02, 4/03/03, 6/09-10/03, 10/22/03, 9/28/04, 10/05/04, 8/29/05, 9/11-12-13/05, 5/27-28/06, 7/2-3/06, 7/22-23/06, VIC, 8/5/07, 6/24-25/08...
  • KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,096
    gregjens wrote:
    usually if youre nice and smile pretty at your local framing shop or michaels or whatever theyll give you a pair of the cotton gloves they use.

...say please too

go to any camera/photography store they have nice cheap cotton gloves....
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **
  • mdgsolomdgsolo Posts: 796
    88/118 in denver today. glad i went for this one. never imagined i'd have a poster signed by ed in my collection...pretty cool.

Nice work. I got 89 yesterday. Is yours darker than you expected? It seems to be darker blues than the photos online make it look- but this is not a complaint, just an oservation. Maybe the higher numbers were darker. I love it! You probably know this in CO, but really cold clean clear winter days in the alpine environment, the blue of the sky tends to be very dark. Kinda reminds me...
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,054
    annoying how many people are coming out saying they love this poster who have got it, that means there will be so few resold - meaning i;'ll never get one. Bastard!!
  • pdalowsky wrote:
    annoying how many people are coming out saying they love this poster who have got it, that means there will be so few resold - meaning i;'ll never get one. Bastard!!

Keep an eye on ebay & Ebeans and you may get lucky.

I'd say a few ppl will sell. (Not me though!!)
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • joe2468joe2468 Posts: 3,049
    like i said before... IM WILLING TO TRADE SOME AP's AMES/BRAD .. AND CASH for one of these posters . any one interested? any takers ?
    have you seen the colors of my fathers eyes
  • mdgsolomdgsolo Posts: 796
    pdalowsky wrote:

Its funny, I was trying to explain to my wife how I paid this much for it but now its worth that and so it was a good investment, right? Then she says, "what does all that matter, it's not like your going to sell it anyway" and pretty much just shut me right on down. Lately, I've noticed a lot of interest in our life insurance policy. As a matter of fact, this ice tea is tasting kinda fu
  • jmccue7jmccue7 Posts: 119
    gregjens wrote:

...say please too

hehe right on. I actually work in a lab, so I got a nice stock of latex gloves, but for people who don't i'm sure the cotton gloves work great.
    Merriweather '00
    East Troy '03
    Boston I '04
    Pittsburgh '06
    Lollapalooza '07
    DC '08
    MSG I & II '08
  • Have any other AP posters sold by the 10c, Artillery or Ames Bros ever been signed by Eddie Vedder? If this is the first, how high will it rank amongst the most sought after posters to be collected? Anyone care to make a top 10 list of the most sought after posters?
  • Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,589
    I was finally able to catch one in the after market! Cost me a small fortune..
    I will swallow poison
  • pjheadpjhead Posts: 121
    mdgsolo wrote:
    Its funny, I was trying to explain to my wife how I paid this much for it but now its worth that and so it was a good investment, right? Then she says, "what does all that matter, it's not like your going to sell it anyway" and pretty much just shut me right on down. Lately, I've noticed a lot of interest in our life insurance policy. As a matter of fact, this ice tea is tasting kinda fu

I think we may be married to the same woman..........
  • Just received in Madrid. 18/118

Thanks Ed & Brad.
    2000: Barcelona.
    2006: Barcelona, Vitoria, Lisboa I, Lisboa II, Madrid, Paris, Verona, Milán.
    2007: Lisboa, Madrid, London, Dusseldorf (on stage!!!).
    2008: ¿?
  • Probably could have gotten a lot more for it than $300.

Hopefully a good person who is a lover of PJ and posters got it rather than someone who intends to flip it back for a larger profit.

The guy who bought it is NOT selling it, I can tell you that!
  • Poster tube from Artillery waiting for me at home.
    Sweet!!
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
    Poster tube from Artillery waiting for me at home.
    Sweet!!

man thats awesome, congrats, thatv really is great
  • i got idi got id Posts: 867
    got mine and i absolutely love it. now to get this one professionally framed....anyone started looking at doing that yet?
  • Hawk123Hawk123 Posts: 2,037
    I was also curious if anyone has a picture of the Chicago poster framed? I saw one before with a blue mat that looked good but I can't find the picture anymore.
  • strummersstrummers Posts: 2,611
    Number 51, it is so sweet in the flesh!!

Anyone know a cheap place to get customing framing in the UK???
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    http://www.strummersphotography.com

<object width="360" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><PARAM NAME=FlashVars VALUE="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow"><embed src="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf&quot; FlashVars="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="360" height="300"></embed></object>
  • One just sold for $500 on ebay.
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • lowlight1lowlight1 Posts: 273
    I will give you a Klausen 06 DC and Toronto for this print.pm me
  • I'm getting a little nervous since the UK has been delivered and I'm still waiting.

Maybe today.
    Encompassing trip 2006: 22.9. Prague - 23.9.Berlin - 25.9.Vienna
    to be continued 2007 in Munich - Nova Rock - London
    Well theres one less out there, some total dick shipped one to one of our friends on here and made a royal dogs balls of the packing it, the poster arrived trashed - the signature not even visible...an expensive lesson to all re the use of sturdy tubes in the post.

The seller is being an arse about it too, will not help out and washed his hands of it, I just hope some day he gets fucked too.....
  • HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,325
    Going for $500 already
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    dc 06 1st and a kenyon hall 1st for anyone who wants to give this one up...

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
    One sold for $550 on ebay yesterday and another is on there now for $599 BIN. The first one on ebay that sold for $300 is looking like a bargain.
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Hawk123 wrote:
    One sold for $550 on ebay yesterday and another is on there now for $599 BIN. The first one on ebay that sold for $300 is looking like a bargain.
    I have no idea why anyone would put a bin price on this print in less it's like 1500. this print is being snatched up with ease at 500,550,and 600 soon.
    Go Birds!!!!
    I have no idea why anyone would put a bin price on this print in less it's like 1500. this print is being snatched up with ease at 500,550,and 600 soon.

Ya I agree, most of these on ebay have been sold right away so people aren't even getting a chance to see them to bid. It is obvious these people are just looking to make a quick buck (or 500) and move on by using BIN. Mine is in to be framed right now and I can't wait to get it back.

this is an excellent point, I'm dying to see the real value, by someone posting an auction at 99cents and watching it go out of interest

still gotta say those flippers sure do stink....but I had to have one :)