Chicago '08 Brad/Ed poster comes back .. SIGNED by Brad & Ed! Oh mama! :)

Comments

• KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,096
    luv-ed91 wrote:
    Thanks for your kind words - and I'm sorry for the loss of your grandpa. That is how I felt (everything else was a little less important) the day the posters went on sale . . . the posters were the last thing on my mind that day, all I could think about was that my grandma was gone - it was a few days later that I realized I missed Brad's sale - it just depressed me even more . . .
    I had written the sale date down on my calender, & was counting down the days, but after my grandma died, I totally forgot about the sale.
    For me, it was something I was looking forwards to, but ended up being something forgotten.

Yeah, I've been seeing them on Ebay - some pretty reasonable priced - but again, once they start selling the ones signed by Ed, they'll probably be going for $200-$300 - shit, the Kenyon Hall posters are going for that, & they're not even signed by Ed. Oh, the joys of Ebay . . .

two options.....

if you got other posters to trade hit up some people on expressobeans there will be some on there that are looking for other posters in trade...

or wait about six months

and try to hit BK up for an extra, but he would more than likely charge you close to market value...
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **
  • I'll trade my Kenyon Hall for one of these.
    -

"In your case, I'll check my brain at the door and we'll start even, okay?"

Have you thanked a taper today?
  • mjbmjb Posts: 1,315
    WOW! That is amazing congrats to all who snagged one - not me I am afraid, I have no luck when it comes to Brad's site/sales...what an awesome surprise.
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,054
    the problem being at the moment is the market value is $60 as not one recorded sale has yet gone down for this......I expect values to rocket though, and I would dearly love one of these signed by the man himself
  • petrocspetrocs Posts: 4,342
    ah this sucks! I wish I wasnt travelling when these went on sale!
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
  • drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    Just got mine - signed by Ed and Brad! :)

The EV signature is not as pronounced as most would be, but given the small area they are signing in then it makes sense (not to mention its signed with a pencil which I would imagine is a bit different than sharpies and all that). Very cool...
  • demetrios wrote:
    just got an email back from Brad! :)

:) Ed did sign the posters! :)

Oh Mama!!!

Question: All three or just Chicago?
    s

Montreal/98, Toronto/00'03'05'06x2, Brad Toronto/02, Buffalo/03, Kitchener/05, London/05, Hamilton/05, Late Show Taping/06, Cleveland/06, Pittsburgh/06, Bridge School Benefit Concert/06, Hartford/08, Mansfield 1/08, EV Montreal/08x2, EV Toronto/08x2...
  • That is flucking awesome. A piece of Eddie Vedder original artwork. I can't wait. If you got it, where are you at? I am hoping to get it before the weekend in Pa???
  • some pics:
    IMG_1221.jpg

IMG_1225a.jpg
  • Got my tube in Arizona from BK today with Batmobile AP, Chicago AP and Hartford AP inside and they all are amazing prints. The Hartford is a great print to see in person and they extra colors really make the space images pop out to my eyes. I was also very excited to see that my Chicago print was signed by Ed and BK too. Congrats to the 118 fans who bought a Chicago AP...well worth the $67.80!!! Thanks again BK#7!
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,502
    gozzo5058 wrote:
    Question: All three or just Chicago?

ed signed his chicago poster, only! :)
  • I got my chicago print today also. Wow, it was very exciting to see the signatures!
  • lowlight10 wrote:
    I'll trade my Kenyon Hall for one of these.
    And what?
  • pdalowsky wrote:
    the problem being at the moment is the market value is $60 as not one recorded sale has yet gone down for this......I expect values to rocket though, and I would dearly love one of these signed by the man himself

How much do you think this signed poster will sell for once they start popping up on ebay? I don't think I could ever sell it...
  • im pretty sure i want to give up a kenyon hall, ames hawaii 06 (both from their respective 10c sales) and the ev chicago from the show (with a slight nick in the border) for one of these. original cost would exceed, and values could end up pretty close, but who really knows. having a signed ev poster from my hometown would mean more than those other prints. i have a few other posters i could sub in case you have any of these already.
    How much do you think this signed poster will sell for once they start popping up on ebay? I don't think I could ever sell it...

$500
  • jmccue7jmccue7 Posts: 119
    this is crazy. i hope mine comes today!!!
    Merriweather '00
    East Troy '03
    Boston I '04
    Pittsburgh '06
    Lollapalooza '07
    DC '08
    MSG I & II '08
    jmccue7 wrote:
    this is crazy. i hope mine comes today!!!

I know!!

Tell you what I'll give you $150 if you just cut the bottom left hand corner off where Eddie signs!!! thats even more crazy
  • jmccue7jmccue7 Posts: 119
    pdalowsky wrote:
    I know!!

Tell you what I'll give you $150 if you just cut the bottom left hand corner off where Eddie signs!!! thats even more crazy

ok...we just took it a step too far there. There's no need to bring poster mutilation into this discussion.

j/k of course

but seriously

i'm not cutting the poster ;-)
    Merriweather '00
    East Troy '03
    Boston I '04
    Pittsburgh '06
    Lollapalooza '07
    DC '08
    MSG I & II '08
    :)
  • Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,589
    I'll offer 250 dollars ++++++++ if you have one of these for me. Pm me:)

I have access to lots of interesting stuff..
    I will swallow poison
    $252.50 and what Niko is saying, plus a random tour pick
  • pdalowsky wrote:
    $252.50 and what Niko is saying, plus a random tour pick
    I think Niko80 should get it :P
    Eddie Vedder Solo Tour Toronto Aug 9, 2008
    Eddie Vedder Solo Tour Albany NY June 9, 2009
    Pearl Jam Toronto Aug 21, 2009
    Pearl Jam Chicago Aug 23, 2009
    Pearl Jam Chicago Aug 24, 2009
    Pearl Jam Buffalo May 10, 2010
    Pearl Jam New York MSG1 May 20, 2010
    Pearl Jam New York MSG2 May 21, 2010
    Go Cards Go!
    Cardinal wrote:
    I think Niko80 should get it :P

Damn straight:)

I'll also make sure you have a case of your favourite beer in the fridge!
    I will swallow poison
  • $300
    Niko80 wrote:
    Damn straight:)

I'll also make sure you have a case of your favourite beer in the fridge!

I'll put in two cases, and make sure they are real cold, icy cold.....
    Damn Paul! This is not english gentleman behavior!
    I will swallow poison
    sorry squire, this is signed by Mr Vedder ;)

all rules outta the window!!!

kidding of course, I really dont think I'll get one of these, gonna be real pricey
  • strummersstrummers Posts: 2,611
    Can't wait for mine to arrive :D - probably another few weeks.
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    http://www.strummersphotography.com

<object width="360" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><PARAM NAME=FlashVars VALUE="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow"><embed src="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf&quot; FlashVars="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="360" height="300"></embed></object>
    I will swallow poison