Pearl Jam To Play Bonnaroo!

Comments

• Bonnaroo....bitchen!!!
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    All together now...
  • Who has the night 3?
    "WE'RE UH, WE'RE GONNA DO THIS ONE WHICH IS UH, CERTAINLY NOT A USUAL ONE, AND THEN UH, JUST TAKE A FEW MORE MINUTES, THEN UH, AND THEN WE'RE GONNA DO OUR BEST TO KEEP TOM PETTY AND THE HEARTBREAKERS AWAKE FR..." (cheering at intro)...

--->H2I

(special moment)
  • Omg, really? :eek: :p
    Yay! :)
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
    My guess from prior years is PJ will play Saturday and Metallica will play Friday. Usually a jam band plays Sunday, but last year they had them listed 3rd. I can't see JJ closing out the weekend, but who knows. If so I'll stick around.

But the real question is who will play the last night sets - MMJ, Drive by Truckers?...hmm
  • you guys think we'll hear any other news sometime soon?
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • still ain't the same as a regular PJ show.

where's the US tour announcement so they can fund their new album, you know like the 2005 "Greatest Hits/Lost Dogs" tour.

Hmm...they were recording for a little while, hit the road, went back into the studio and new album came out.

Seems to me the tour was both to catch a break of studio time, but also to fund the studio time as there is no longer a major label backing.

I wouldn't doubt if they're going into the studio soon, to see a US tour announcement anyways.
    9/29/96, 8/29/98, 9/8,11/98, 7/28/99, 8/23,24,25/00, 10/13/00, 4/15/03, 4/30/03, 7/8,9,12,14/03, 10/1/04, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 5/4,5,13,27,28/06, 6/1,3/06, 6/19,20,22,24,25,27/08, 7/1/08, 8/4,5,7,16/08, 8/21/09, 10/27,28,30,31/09, 5/15,17,18,20,21/10, 9/2/12, 10/18,19,21,22,25/13
  • HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    Derek Trucks And Susan Tedeschi's Soul Stew Revival is truly going to be the highlight of this festival.

That, or Jenny Lewis's shirt melting in the Tennessee heat.
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • Lets Us Buy Posters In Advance When We Buy Tickets!
    Things change. They wont change unless you make them. The best way to change something you don't like, is to change yourself. So if you feel like you have a piece of duct tape on your mouth and you can't escape, take it off, speak up, speak your mind, shout it out, let 'em hear ya! -EV
  • squidsquid Posts: 86
    Great!! The south is done...back up to Canada!!!
  • In2DeepIn2Deep Posts: 496
    I heard these tix are pretty pricey even if you do one day. I doubt I will go. Damn I was hoping to a "in addition to Bonaroo..." news. Maybe later. : )
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    LP! LP! what, no LP?
    to hizzle with bonnaroo then.
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Im not positive I'm going at this point... I'm thinking about it... I'm not impressed by the line up, dont know if I wanna to dish almost $500 in tickets + expenses to see Pearl Jam, I know I'd be paying to see the other bands as well but none of those would make me travel to see them though....

.. I have some thinking to do.
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • NME reporting Led Zeppelin:

http://www.nme.com/news/led-zeppelin/34129
    The Man has a branch office in each of our brains, his corporate emblem is a white albatross, each local rep has a cover known as the Ego, and their mission in this world is Bad Shit.
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    what the hell is lez zeppelin

all woman (all lesbian?) Led Zeppelin cover band ...

they play in SF every now and again ... there's a few bands like that around here .... I'm dying to see AC/DShe :D
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • In2Deep wrote:
    I heard these tix are pretty pricey even if you do one day. I doubt I will go. Damn I was hoping to a "in addition to Bonaroo..." news. Maybe later. : )

They dont sell 1 day tickets, and I'm guessing tickets will be around $200 per ticket to start and then up as they sell
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Metallica's website says they're playing on Friday June 13th.
    492xxx

2006: Boston 1 and 2
    2008: MSG 1 and 2, Mansfield 1 and 2
    2010: Boston
    2012: Made in America Philly
  • skere26skere26 Posts: 304
    I just dont think I can pony up $280 some odds bucks to see really 3 bands that interest me... BB King is pretty sweet though...
  • NeilJam wrote:
    DAMNIT!! I've been looking forward to PJ at Bonnaroo for years, and Metallica has to come along and fuck it all up!!

I can't wait to see Pearl Jam there, but I'll have to find something else while Metallica is on.

I guess Jack Johnson is the third headliner? Kinda surprised to see him in that slot.

My feelings exactly. Jack Johnson is boring and Metallica sucks.

Nothing that warrants a 10 hour drive and 3 vacation days.
    The less you know, the more you believe.
  • Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,823
    Is that your final answer?
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Seriously, this really is a let down. One Show? With the boy band of metal Metallica? And no Ten Club priority? Way to go guys!!! (clap clap) Way to show that you guys are all about your fans!!!

Here is my pledge, if Pearl Jam does not tour in 2008, I will vote for every Christian Conservative Republican I can, and will encourage anyone I can to do the same.

Pearl Jam screws up my year, I'll try to screw theirs!!! Go Huckabee!!!!!!!!!
  • bovy_jbovy_j Posts: 1,008
    That's great! Ah MAN! Would I love to go to this!
  • squid wrote:
    Great!! The south is done...back up to Canada!!!

Agreed :D

I hope, hope if there is any other news we find out soon. Not to be one of those that always want more... :o

I want the Gorge :D:D

If only this?? Well sure I can I do the Roo
  • brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    They dont sell 1 day tickets, and I'm guessing tickets will be around $200 per ticket to start and then up as they sell

no 1 day passes?

forget that.

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • wow, what a surprise....i will not be going, ive decided. im just gonna wait....
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • whoyouare72whoyouare72 Posts: 2,145
    How many nights will PJ be playing?
    I assume it is similar to Lolla with a different headliner each night?
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    Wow, that sounds like a blast!!! I hope everyone who attends has a great time!!
  • fuckfuck Posts: 4,069
    what the fuck.

this is really a pretty shitty list of artists.

i don't even know if i'm gonna go anymore. hopefully they do some other shows before/after this... cause this just fuckin sucks.

metallica? fuck.
  • PJ,Metallica, and Jack Johnson in the same weekend.... I'm there!
  • NeilJamNeilJam Posts: 1,191
    I hope Superfly held back some good artist announcements for later. They have added some great bands after the initial lineup in the past.
This discussion has been closed.