Options

Pearl Jam Dating Service

Comments

• Options
    FrannyFranny Posts: 2,054
    my_wave wrote:
    well all i can say about meeting at shows, just my opinion anyways, but whenever i've been to a show there are always so many beautiful girls and it can be very intimidating, well for me anyways. reasons being everyone is there for pj and to have a good time and enjoy the show, not hook up, well maybe after the show, lol... but no one is ever there alone, so if you see a girl with a guy you don't know if that's her boyfriend or her brother or just a friend, no reason to start any drama... also i think just being a pj fan as a man i feel women deserve nothng but respect and don't really want to have some guy drooling over them at a show, which is why i've never done that, i don't know maybe i'm just weird...
    :?

Nope, not wierd! The intimidation thing I can see your point and it;s the same on the other side here too! Sometimes you just can't tell who's with who and in what respect. I went to the brisbane concert with 4 other friends...2 married couples actually. My best friends husband and I really get along really well, and both get a tad bit hyper excited about the same stuff and just feed and bounce off each other...and that's what we did all night, and it's no different any other time. we are all comfortable with each other to know there is nothing but friendship, but to an outsider it would be somewhat confusing I would imagine!!! And then I've been out of the whole dating and flirting game for so long that I woldn't even know what to do anymore. :?
  • Options
    NastasjaNastasja Posts: 9,668
    my_wave wrote:
    well all i can say about meeting at shows, just my opinion anyways, but whenever i've been to a show there are always so many beautiful girls and it can be very intimidating, well for me anyways. reasons being everyone is there for pj and to have a good time and enjoy the show, not hook up, well maybe after the show, lol... but no one is ever there alone, so if you see a girl with a guy you don't know if that's her boyfriend or her brother or just a friend, no reason to start any drama... also i think just being a pj fan as a man i feel women deserve nothng but respect and don't really want to have some guy drooling over them at a show, which is why i've never done that, i don't know maybe i'm just weird...

You're not weird. Just very considerate ;)
    It's an extreme situation being on a concert. I wouldn't know either if people want to be approached or not. Probably no one thinks about that anyways and so it's maybe ok to just come over and say hello. Doesn't have to be drooling right away:)
    You can spend your time alone, re-digesting past regrets,
    Or you can come to terms and realize
    You're the only one who can't forgive yourself
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    my_wave wrote:
    Exactly.. In '03 some girl next to me kept crashing into me while she was dancing.. she was either really drunk and trying to send a message. She came with a guy, so I assumed she was just drunk. She seemed to be paying very little attention to the guy, but still.
  • Options
    gorga14gorga14 Posts: 103
    my_wave wrote:
    Exactly.. In '03 some girl next to me kept crashing into me while she was dancing.. she was either really drunk and trying to send a message. She came with a guy, so I assumed she was just drunk. She seemed to be paying very little attention to the guy, but still.

hmm i can see why you'd think that.. i go to all the concerts with my brother so in the end i guess you can never really know unless you ask.. which some guy actually did,,,
  • Options
    i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007

Bleh, I managed to do that but you could indirectly say that Pearl Jam was the cause for our downfall. :( We first went out in 08 when I was in between seeing PJ a few times that summer, and waiting to see EV solo in a few weeks after we started talking. I laid down the ground work that I'm going to try and convert her. Well it worked. I made her mix cds, etc and she took a liking to PJ. Hell, we even spent the day of our 1 year 1st date anniversary at the Chicago show. Then, fall rolls around and PJ was playing Portland on my birthday. So we made it a vacation and spent 5 days out there.

Well we fought a bunch for some bullshit reasons and when we got back she dumped my ass! :( She claimed she was "unhappy for awhile now" and the vacation was a "relationship test." Her logic was "if we can't be around each other for 5 straight days how could we ever live together?" Being in a long distance relationship (only an hour away though) I guess this was her unfair measuring stick for how we'd interact in longer doses together. Not really a fair comparison to real life when you're stressed about getting lost, running behind schedule, not seeing stuff you wanted to, spending too much money, etc. So indirectly PJ cost me my relationship! :shock: I think some of these issues would have come to light on their own otherwise though. Who knows. *shrugs*.

So now I'm back at it again. I've talked to a few women at shows in the past that I had some interest in, but then you find out they aren't single, or you realize they live on the other side of the country!

Sounds like it was "H E R" and NOT Pearl Jam...M8!...Her loss!!! :)
  • Options
    You asked for it....

Now take it....

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=120436

http://giventofly.net

Signup now 8-)
  • Options
    Any single PJ ladies in Scotland? ;)

I am fed up going out wth girls who just don't like the band. :?
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 14,002
    i hate to be a dick, but someone already beat ya to the punch by about a year or 2

http://pjsingles.ning.com/
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    i once dated a board member and well it was the good, bad and ugly lol

least I'll always have good memories of it tucked away somewhere in my heart :)

• Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,302
    my_wave wrote:

totally agree with you on this. I had a really cute woman sitting next to me at the last Spectrum show. Just didn't feel right to hit on her - she was with a friend too. I don't know, was weird, we talked a bit but didn't want to be 'that' guy you know. Felt bad because two really drunk younger guys sitting behind us started hitting on her at the end of the show and could tell she wasn't the least bit interested.
  • Options
    metsfan wrote:
    You asked for it....

Now take it....

Signup now 8-)
    i hate to be a dick, but someone already beat ya to the punch by about a year or 2

Quiter a few differences with the ning site - its a stand alone and facebook application social network.
  • Options
    metsfan wrote:

Quiter a few differences with the ning site - its a stand alone and facebook application social network.
    i like yours alot to be honest. yours is less of a dating site(which i hate btw).

• Options
    metsfan wrote:

i like yours alot to be honest. yours is less of a dating site(which i hate btw).

Cheers Metsfan

It's actually not a dating site, that is just one thing people can do with it. It is a proper social networking site - hopefully it will gain enough users to create a worldwide network of PJ fans. Then it becomes a powerful network. Merry xmas.
  • Options
    gorga14gorga14 Posts: 103
    metsfan wrote:

Cheers Metsfan

It's actually not a dating site, that is just one thing people can do with it. It is a proper social networking site - hopefully it will gain enough users to create a worldwide network of PJ fans. Then it becomes a powerful network. Merry xmas.

looks great! you got that up and running super fast! kudos
  • Options
    my_wavemy_wave clearwater, FL Posts: 340
    You asked for it....

Now take it....

Signup now 8-)

very cool, i like this! thanks!
    st. pete '94
    west palm beach '98
    tampa '00
    tampa '03
    tampa '08
    brooklyn '13
    austin '14
    austin '14
    tampa '16

ed - clearwater '12
    ed - clearwater '12
  • Options
    pjolp10pjolp10 Posts: 5
    Hi all,
    Just joined pjsingles... this should be interesting..haha
    32 Male Boston area, MA..
  • Options
    i met my boyfriend on fb he was going through their friends list and outta the the thousands he seen me and noticed i became a ten member not too long ago and we became friends, and now im moving to florida to be with him, and these guys make it all that more amazing all of their music makes me think of him, for the deep love that two people have for a band and then that love be brought together and felt for each other is crazy! someone pinch me! our first pj concert together is going to be mind blowin! im thankful everyday that passes he found me :)
  • Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    corduroy86 wrote:
    i met my boyfriend on fb he was going through their friends list and outta the the thousands he seen me and noticed i became a ten member not too long ago and we became friends, and now im moving to florida to be with him, and these guys make it all that more amazing all of their music makes me think of him, for the deep love that two people have for a band and then that love be brought together and felt for each other is crazy! someone pinch me! our first pj concert together is going to be mind blowin! im thankful everyday that passes he found me :)

What an awesome story! congrats to you both. I met somone through the pj dating site I want to have a relationship with, but it's in God's hands. I am hoping for the best. I am a little older which I understand, in college, you wanna have fun and see what's out there, but we will see what happens. Like I said in God's hands.

congrats to you both. :)
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Options
    my_wavemy_wave clearwater, FL Posts: 340
    corduroy86 wrote:

i love you...
    <3
    st. pete '94
    west palm beach '98
    tampa '00
    tampa '03
    tampa '08
    brooklyn '13
    austin '14
    austin '14
    tampa '16

ed - clearwater '12
    ed - clearwater '12
  • Options
    TyTy Posts: 1,007
    my_wave wrote:
    corduroy86 wrote:

i love you...
    <3

Awesome!

My girl loves me and Pearl Jam! Lucky too!
    PJ - Sydney 1998; Sydney 2003; Sydney, Melbourne, Newcastle 2006; Melbourne, Sydney 2009; Gold Coast, Melbourne, Sydney 2014.
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle, Sydney 2011; Sydney 2014.
  • Options
    JeffTomJeffTom Posts: 11
    Sure why not
    Male
    Austin, TX
    http://www.facebook.com/jefftom
    Looking for more people into Pearl Jam in general.
  • Options
    I'm in. 20 m. Santa Ana (orange county), Ca.
    Stop throwing the man quarters!

EV 07-6-2011, LA1 11/23/2013, LA2 11/24/2013
  • Options
    i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    In2Deep wrote:
    Could be fun...

29/F/Morrison, CO

What's your Number?...lol :P
  • Options
    tarotvixentarotvixen Posts: 62
    edited November 2010
    Finally!! This is what my love life needs - so many guys out there who like rap UGGGH and don't get the need to own the same songs over and over again. it is a point of pride with me that on my ipod, most pearl jam songs are listed enought times so that they fill the entire screen. (There is a huge difference btwn Black played in poland to Benroya to Melb) and these are the discussions I would like to engage in post-coitally. so Melbourne PJ Blokes Pm me
    Post edited by tarotvixen on
    2003 Bris 8 &9, Syd 11 &13, Melb 18, 19 &20
    2006 Vegas, San Diego, LA 9 & 10, San Francisco 15 &16, The Gorge 22 & 23, Syd 7 &8, Melb 13, 14 &16 Melb 20 2009, Buffalo Oct 12; Brooklyn Oct 18 & 19; Hartford Oct 25 2013
  • Options
    Yeah, sure why not.

32, m, Palmdale CA.. (Bout an hour north of LA) :-P
  • Options
    24, male
    Olathe, KS
    Thank you, Pearl Jam.
  • Options
    mrpink90mrpink90 Posts: 415
    30m nyc

nyc ladies hit me up!
  • Options
    KimbaKimba Posts: 54
    it's probably a good idea or I'm just drunk.

Light Years from when you wrote those words....they made me erupt in laughter tonight...or maybe I'm just drunk :lol:
    Thanks for the sunshine
    "We were but stones, your light made us stars"
  • Options
    KimbaKimba Posts: 54
    ARE there even any 40+ year old PJ Males out here in DC Metro area?
    "We were but stones, your light made us stars"
  • Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,818
    I love that this thread is still going :D
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥