Options

Radiohead Tour Started! Reviews Here!

Comments

• Options
    ComfisComfis Posts: 117
    The Liars had only good words to say about Radiohead after their experiance with them. They most praised Radiohead for their environmental sensitivities! Bio fuel was to be used in buses, the band didn't use air freight and much more..

of course many of you will believe that all this is a bit fake.. i wouldn't agree. Modern life can't be pollutant free but we can do many things to reduce it.. so i believe that Radiohead is a nice example !
    My choice for Radiohead News is InRadiobows.com
  • Options
    PaukPauk Posts: 1,084
    It's good an' all but I wish everyone would stop harping on about it. Everyone knows Radiohead cares about the environment, and the band themselves are relatively modest about it all, but everyone around them keeps raving about it. It's what they do, accept it and move on, I don't want to know every little detail!
    Paul
    '06 - London, Dublin, Reading
    '07 - Katowice, Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    '09 - London, Manchester, London
    '12 - Manchester, Manchester, Berlin, Stockholm, Copenhagen
  • Options
    thumbs up i agree totally
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    Comfis wrote:
    The Liars had only good words to say about Radiohead after their experiance with them.
    of course they did... when youre the shittiest band around every other band has to look good to you... i dont get what thom sees in them... really one of the most painful openers ive had to sit through
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    i heard the same comment from many guys in the radiohead forums i surf! are they so bad?:O

in berlin the support will be modeselektor fortunately :)
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    Comfis wrote:
    i heard the same comment from many guys in the radiohead forums i surf! are they so bad?:O

in berlin the support will be modeselektor fortunately :)
    they had a pretty talented drummer... but thats about it... the singer was trying to sing in thom's falsetto... but his lyrics were just very repetitive... and he said "WOO" too much and danced like a retarded Scott Weiland... and whenever it felt like a song would be building towards something they would cut it short before it did... there was very minimal choppy guitar work...
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    Tomorrow is the date that the Radiohead start the second leg of their tour, in europe!

First Gig: Dublin Ireland, at malahide!

I will have report/setlist/vids and photos pretty soon
  • Options
    The Radiohead Dublin setlist was great undoubtedly! But why they didn't play jigsaw and Weird? :(

It would be great if they had a 27 songs setlist :P

i can't wait to listen at [url="http://www.inradiobows.com/2008/06/07/radiohead-live-in-dublin-6-june-2008/]Super Collider[/url]!

Tomorrow i will gather photos and vids!

Was any of you there? waiting for your reviews!
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    The Radiohead Dublin setlist for a second night was great, though many great songs can't be part of it.. why do they play either Paranoid android or Jigsaw ? can't they play both of them?:p

no down is the new up, no 2+2=5 .. anyway as it is said many times in the past, the only thing you shouldn't do after a radiohead show is to complain about the songs they didn't play

but it is still a really great setlist
  • Options
    woo, lots of information here :D thankee!

...is anyone on here in need of one(1) ticket to milan 1 (june 17)?
    Kids! Bringing about Armageddon can be dangerous. Do not attempt it in your own home.
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,951
    Play In Rainbows CD 2!
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,901
    Comfis wrote:
    The Radiohead Dublin setlist for a second night was great, though many great songs can't be part of it.. why do they play either Paranoid android or Jigsaw ? can't they play both of them?:p

no down is the new up, no 2+2=5 .. anyway as it is said many times in the past, the only thing you shouldn't do after a radiohead show is to complain about the songs they didn't play

but it is still a really great setlist

It hasn't taken me too long to lose interest in this tour, I am afraid. The shows sound great, but the setlists do not change enough for my liking. That, and whenever a new song gets played, Thom has to bang it out solo. Kind of a stupid thing to complain about, maybe, but Radiohead is a band. They are incredibly conservative when it comes to playing new material ... The rest of the talent has to hide in the back while Thom tackles the new stuff by himself? They did the same thing with Follow Me Around back in 2000. I'd like to hear Jonny and Ed, personally.
    Anyhow, don't mean to ruin the thread. I've wanted to bitch about this for a while. I don't know why they can't mix their sets up more.
  • Options
    digsterdigster Posts: 1,293
    It hasn't taken me too long to lose interest in this tour, I am afraid. The shows sound great, but the setlists do not change enough for my liking. That, and whenever a new song gets played, Thom has to bang it out solo. Kind of a stupid thing to complain about, maybe, but Radiohead is a band. They are incredibly conservative when it comes to playing new material ... The rest of the talent has to hide in the back while Thom tackles the new stuff by himself? They did the same thing with Follow Me Around back in 2000. I'd like to hear Jonny and Ed, personally.
    Anyhow, don't mean to ruin the thread. I've wanted to bitch about this for a while. I don't know why they can't mix their sets up more.

Actually, I think they're one of the least conservative bands when it comes to playing new unreleased material...and most of their history backs me up on this. All of In Rainbows and about 11 out of 13 songs on Hail to the Thief were played extensively before they were laid down in the studio, all full band. That's what the entire 02 and 06 tours were about. The Kid A/Amnesiac stuff was road tested as well, and so were most of the songs on OK Computer. So I think compared to most bands of their stature they tend to play alot of unreleased material before it's ever played on an album. There's alot of bands playing arenas that don't do that.
  • Options
    rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,901
    digster wrote:
    Actually, I think they're one of the least conservative bands when it comes to playing new unreleased material...and most of their history backs me up on this. All of In Rainbows and about 11 out of 13 songs on Hail to the Thief were played extensively before they were laid down in the studio, all full band. That's what the entire 02 and 06 tours were about. The Kid A/Amnesiac stuff was road tested as well, and so were most of the songs on OK Computer. So I think compared to most bands of their stature they tend to play alot of unreleased material before it's ever played on an album. There's alot of bands playing arenas that don't do that.

True, fair enough. I'll concede that point. I think I was in a really bad mood when I typed that post. I still wish they'd play a few more songs live, though, ala REM (or Pearl Jam, of course). I don't know if its perfectionism or anxiety or just preference, but lately they seem to prefer nailing a smaller number of songs that get played night after night, rather than trying to play, say, 50-60 different songs over the course of a tour. You'd think that people this talented would get bored quicker than they do. Mind you, many people have a longer attention span than I do.
  • Options
    hodgehodge Posts: 519
    well they played 44 songs in 8 shows on the first US leg, that's not too shabby at all
    ..and you will come to find that we are all one mind, capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable
  • Options
    yeap true hodge!

and this is a record, if we are talking for their tours till now! in previous tours the y played 45 songs in the whole tour! and now they are not even in the half of the road!

Though there are maaaany songs they didn't play that i like so much:

knives out
    blow up
    2+2=5
    Down is the new up

and much more.

but it is a band with sooo many great songs and it is difficult to choose!
  • Options
    tis' a shame i'll probably never get to hear Black Star live... :(
    ..and you will come to find that we are all one mind, capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable
  • Options
    Here is the Radiohead Paris Setlist for the first night.

They played the whole in Rainbows and the first encore is imho the best of the tour till now :D:D

Exit Music For A Film
    Jigsaw Falling Into Place
    House of Cards
    Paranoid Android
    Street Spirit (Fade Out)

OMG!!

PS: and a few but not high quality Radiohead Dublin Videos night 2
  • Options
    Radiohead Paris setlist night 2!

26 songs (more songs than every other gig this year).

Debut for Hunting Bears, Second performance for Karma police (after Bristow), third performance for Super Collider

No Paranoid android :S
  • Options
    Besides i gathered vids from Radiohead in Paris night 1 and Radiohead In Paris night 2
  • Options
    Hello again!

Here is the Radiohead Barcelona Setlist

there was a huge confusion because some sources said that no4 was a super collider full band performance, other said that no4 was Subterannean homesick alien and other insisted that no4 Airbag and no24 was Planet Telex. AtEase, Morgiti Tempo and many bloggers had a different setlist posted, but now i believe it is pretty clear.

And here are a few Radiohead Barcelona Videos

Was anyone of you there?
  • Options
    i m back from vacation with reports from 4 shows:

Radiohead live in Nimes 1

Radiohead live in Nimes 2

Radiohead live in Milan 1

Radiohead live in Milan 2

the last show in milan had an A M A Z I N G setlist and it was a debut of 2+2=5 for this tour!
  • Options
    glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    hodge wrote:
    well they played 44 songs in 8 shows on the first US leg, that's not too shabby at all

that's one PJ show ;)
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
  • Options
    thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    Nice to see The Tourist being played...but what is with The Gloaming being played everynight? that song bores me to death
  • Options
    ^hah dude i just came to this thread to say

the beginning of last show was amazing:
    1. Reckoner
    2. 15 Step
    3. National Anthem
    4. All I Need
    5. Nude
    6. Airbag

until they played the Gloaming..haha
  • Options
    heh i will agree about gloaming.. and i would add you and whose army :S

here is the Radiohead Southside Festival setlist

only 20 songs, but it was a fest.. first time that house of card wasn't played...
  • Options
    here is the Radiohead Hurricane Festival setlist .. the band played 20 songs again. it seems that this is what we should expect for the next festival appearances!
  • Options
    thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    Comfis wrote:
    heh i will agree about gloaming.. and i would add you and whose army :S

here is the Radiohead Southside Festival setlist

only 20 songs, but it was a fest.. first time that house of card wasn't played...

you and whose army blows The Gloaming out of the water....but that isn't saying much