Options

Radiohead Tour Started! Reviews Here!

Comments

• Options
    GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,908
    I'd kill to hear Killer Cars and Lewis Mistreated

Either of those two would be amazing. They're mixing it up well though
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
  • Options
    HailHailVitalogyHailHailVitalogy Posts: 4,583
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    ComfisComfis Posts: 117
    tnx guys.. great reviews, great feedback

i am happy with your feedback :)

here we have a few Radiohead Bristow Photos
    and a few Radiohead Bristow Videos
    My choice for Radiohead News is InRadiobows.com
  • Options
    CM1847CM1847 Posts: 577
    I was at the Charlotte show. "Where I End" into "You and Whose Army?" was probably my personal favorite portion of the show, the ending on Where I End was nuts and I loved the video on Whose Army. As others have said, they were just 'on' all night, and it sounds like they've been 'on' all night everytime they've taken the stage so far this tour, really impressive. They seemed genuinely appriciative and happy the whole time, a very rare thing for sure a huge band. Ed had the biggest grin on his face during the whole extended ending on "Where I End", you could tell they were totally in sync the whole time and loving every second of it. Then when they left the stage for the final time after "Reckoner" they all seemed super happy. I've seen a lot of bands stand there and wave at the crowd thanking them, but none seemed as genuinely excited about it as Radiohead did.

Aside from letting me hand-pick the setlist for them, I don't know how the show could have been any better for me, great experience.
  • Options
    Glad that a few of you that were at the Charlotte show got the same vibe I did. I might have to try to catch them again later this summer. Would be worth every dollar spent.

But I do get to see PJ and KOL next month in Columbia! :D
    Driving in my car, smoking a cigar. The only time I'm happy is when I play my guitar.

-from "n.s.u." by Cream
  • Options
    bryanfurybryanfury Posts: 460
    Glad that a few of you that were at the Charlotte show got the same vibe I did. I might have to try to catch them again later this summer. Would be worth every dollar spent.

But I do get to see PJ and KOL next month in Columbia! :D

i'm going to san diego in august. it'll be interesting to see the difference from seeing them at the very start of the tour, to close to the end.

ending with reckoner was great. what a fitting end to the night that the last lines spoken were:

"dedicated to all human beings"

perfect.
    those undecided, needn't have faith to be free
  • Options
    bryanfury wrote:
    i'm going to san diego in august. it'll be interesting to see the difference from seeing them at the very start of the tour, to close to the end.

ending with reckoner was great. what a fitting end to the night that the last lines spoken were:

"dedicated to all human beings"

perfect.

Perfect indeed. That's a good point though. Seeing how it is at the beginning of the tour vs. the end.

Was I correct when I said that Thom asked the crowd to be still so Jonny could take a pic during the show. I was in the lawn and pretty drunk so I wasn't sure I heard him correctly. Do you remember that at all?
    Driving in my car, smoking a cigar. The only time I'm happy is when I play my guitar.

-from "n.s.u." by Cream
  • Options
    Perfect indeed. That's a good point though. Seeing how it is at the beginning of the tour vs. the end.

Was I correct when I said that Thom asked the crowd to be still so Jonny could take a pic during the show. I was in the lawn and pretty drunk so I wasn't sure I heard him correctly. Do you remember that at all?

you were spot on. i'm not sure if he was just f'in with us though. if not, i'd love to see that pic!

i love that he dedicated sail to the moon to "the good people of north carolina.' (take that pearl jam!)

and to "that guy named Obama." the lines "maybe you could be president, but know right from wong" were awesome. that's one of my favorite tunes, so great to see it come out!
  • Options
    Brain Of EBrain Of E Posts: 499
    anyone seeing them in houston this saturday?
    Down in the hole, Jesus tries to crack a smile beneath another shovel load.
  • Options
    Nissan Pavilion Show

http://www.sendspace.com/file/xgjuq9

:D

Karma Police came out excellent!!
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    edvedderrocksedvedderrocks Posts: 1,001
    bobasfeet wrote:
    All you that are raving about the DC show...didn't miss almost all of it like me...I left in plently of time to get there too. Whoever is responsible for getting people in that venue is pathetic. I more than upset about this show. Now that I have seen the setlist..enraged. MANY MANY people didn't even make it in.

If you didn't make it in, contact the Nissan Pavillion ASAP. Word is that they are offering tickets to the Camden show in August to those who missed the show because of them being totally unprepared for the rain ( & event).

Not sure how they will know who got shut out, I guess whoever has tickets that have not been scanned..... I don't know what that will do for those who missed most of the show but still got in..... The couple next to me arrived during the last song of the 1st encore. If it were me, I would definately call & bitch! You never know, maybe you would have a case.
    "I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me. Guaranteed."

1996 Merriweather, MD; 1998 Camden, NJ; 2000 Camden, NJ; 2003 Camden, NJ; 2005 Philly, PA; 2006 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2); 2006 Arnhem, NED; 2008 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2), Washington DC, MSG(night 2) 2009 Philly Spectrum Shows(nights 1,2,3,4) 2010 Hartford,CT and MSG(night 2)

ED Solo - 2008 Washington DC, 2009 Philly, PA(nights 1&2)*Met Eddie =)
  • Options
    bobasfeetbobasfeet Posts: 1,072
    Nissan Pavilion Show

http://www.sendspace.com/file/xgjuq9

:D

Karma Police came out excellent!!

thanks for that...takes a lil of the sting away
  • Options
    BrezBrez Posts: 570
    I would shit myself and die happy if I saw that West Palm Beach setlist....
    And before his first step... He's off again...
  • Options
    bobasfeet wrote:
    thanks for that...takes a lil of the sting away

no problem...the quality isnt too shabby...myxomatosis is awesome too
  • Options
    no problem...the quality isnt too shabby...myxomatosis is awesome too

any idea if a charlotte boot is floating around?
  • Options
    PaukPauk Posts: 1,084
    Awesome boot! How was the boot recorded? It sounds too good for an audience boot (unless the maker is some tiptop producer) but not as good as a soundcheck boot.

I found out the Manchester radiohead gig still isn't sold out... and it's a few days before the rent on my Manchester house runs out. I'm quite tempted to get tickets, although in total the trip will cost me a bit over £100 and it will be the 4th time I see them in a week. Since very tempted though, but guess I have some time to think about it. if it isn't sold out already it won't be sold out for a while yet I guess.
    Paul
    '06 - London, Dublin, Reading
    '07 - Katowice, Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    '09 - London, Manchester, London
    '12 - Manchester, Manchester, Berlin, Stockholm, Copenhagen
  • Options
    bryanfury wrote:

I havent seen or heard it...the bristow boot came out within 24 hours of the show ending

it sounds like an audience recording, but it is pretty damn good...the only problem is that it isn't as heavy sounding as it was being at the show, but still damn good
  • Options
    any links plz?:)

tnx for the karma police vid!

here we have the Radiohead St Louis Setlist

Grand finale : paranoid android (the best end for a radiohead show)

Debuts: My Iron lung, Kid A

They played the whole In Rainbows.. Tomorrow i will bring some vids and photos! Any reviews for my blog?
  • Options
    Strangest TribeStrangest Tribe Posts: 2,502
    Comfis wrote:
    any links plz?:)

tnx for the karma police vid!

here we have the Radiohead St Louis Setlist

Grand finale : paranoid android (the best end for a radiohead show)

Debuts: My Iron lung, Kid A

They played the whole In Rainbows.. Tomorrow i will bring some vids and photos! Any reviews for my blog?

this was the best concert I have ever seen.

Highlights of the show for me were My Iron Lung, You and Whose Army?, Bangers and Mash, Fake Plastic Trees and Paranoid Android.

I've got to have a Bootleg of this show....anyone know???
    the Minions
  • Options
    I havent seen or heard it...the bristow boot came out within 24 hours of the show ending

it sounds like an audience recording, but it is pretty damn good...the only problem is that it isn't as heavy sounding as it was being at the show, but still damn good

it is pretty good! the bass and kick arent; there though, as woudl be expected.

The kick drum live was pounding through my chest in charlotte. not sure if it was just casue i was sitting 30 rows back, right in front of the speakers, but it was awesome.
  • Options
    1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,840
    Yeah, they have really got a good mix of songs this time around, pleasing fans from all eras of the band.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II
  • Options
    allornoneallornone Posts: 269
    Fantastic show in St. Louis! Great set, great crowd, beautiful night (65-70 degrees) outside. Worth every penny.
  • Options
    i m coming back with Radiohead St Louis Videos (some of them are really high quality), and a few Radiohead St Louis Photos

if you have more you can post them here :)
  • Options
    porchdwellerporchdweller Posts: 228
    The light show was absolutely spectacular. Def one of my fave concerts. It was fun and the lights are wow. Also, really one of the few bands with a unique sound that can re-create it live. I was impressed.
    "That's part of the curse: If you're gonna play the song, you better play it. I've tried to phone in "Jeremy" a few times, and it's tough. It doesn't work."

EV
  • Options
    TaftTaft Posts: 453
    Download for the West Palm Beach show:

http://u2n2.com/article.asp?id=52725
  • Options
    ClaudiaClaudia Posts: 398
    bryanfury wrote:

try dime http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=196271&hit=1
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    st. louis was INCREDIBLE! loved getting to hear the whole new album live! and they played some of my favorites besides that

and the lights... JESUS! especially at the end for paranoid android when they went all "in rainbows" :D

someone keep me posted if they come across a boot of this please!
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    ClaudiaClaudia Posts: 398
    sgossard3 wrote:
    st. louis was INCREDIBLE! loved getting to hear the whole new album live! and they played some of my favorites besides that

and the lights... JESUS! especially at the end for paranoid android when they went all "in rainbows" :D

someone keep me posted if they come across a boot of this please!

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=196768

http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=58550
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    Claudia wrote:
    thanks for finding that! certainly didnt take long!

probably a stupid question... but im not familiar with how to use torrents... i registered for tradersden but cant figure it out... is there a separate program i need as well?

or could anyone just upload this to mediafire to make it easier? :D

THANKS
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/