Options

Radiohead Tour Started! Reviews Here!

Comments

• Options
    hodgehodge Posts: 519
    you and whose army is phenomenal

i saw them open a show with that one
    ..and you will come to find that we are all one mind, capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,915
    Comfis wrote:
    here is the Radiohead Hurricane Festival setlist .. the band played 20 songs again. it seems that this is what we should expect for the next festival appearances!

I spent so much god damn money for the two APW Festival shows so they better play more than 20 songs a night!
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    20 songs is damn good for a festival considering they only do 24/25 on a normal show
    ..and you will come to find that we are all one mind, capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,915
    hodge wrote:
    20 songs is damn good for a festival considering they only do 24/25 on a normal show

I guess but the festival has only a couple of bands I like and it was expensive. It was $106 for each day and then they surprised us with a ferry charge (its on Liberty Island) of $20 a day plus other random charges . So two shows for about $270.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Nightmare venue to get to and from and I would have preferred somewhere more 'intimate' but last night was awesome.

Also think they were pushed for time a bit as the support act lost sound so after that was fixed the support went back on so finished later than expected. Also anyone going tonight yes there is only one support act unless they have a surprise for you guys (Sigur Ros had a gig in London yesterday??). Doors 4, Bat for Lashes 6.45-7.45 (possibly 10-15 minutes less for you guys if no technical hitches) Radiohead 8.30-10.30.

Setlist

15 Step
    Bodysnatchers
    All I Need
    The National Anthem
    Pyramid Song
    Nude
    Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
    The Gloaming
    Dollars and Cents
    Faust Arp
    There There
    Just
    Climbing Up the Walls
    Reckoner
    Everything In Its Right Place
    How to Disappear Completely
    Jigsaw Falling Into Place
    Encore 1:
    Videotape
    Airbag
    Bangers & Mash
    Planet Telex
    The Tourist
    Encore 2:
    Cymbal Rush
    You and Whose Army
    Idioteque
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    ComfisComfis Posts: 117
    Radiohead london setlist was cool! But no Paranoid Android :( Cymbal Rush was again a surprise.. it seems that they will play it again in the future! This is good!!
    My choice for Radiohead News is InRadiobows.com
  • Options
    PaukPauk Posts: 1,084
    London setlist was good last night, had fun although the first hour was a little sedate. Hopefully will be a few hits in the mix tonight, fingers crossed.

I don't think the power cut really affected the length of Radiohead's set. They could have easily went on stage a good 10-15 minutes earlier than they did, and the setlist length was the same as the rest of the tour, so I don't think they were particularly rushed.

The trip back was a bit of a nightmare, but it ran surprisingly smoothly considering how many people there were. Was anyone near the front? I went right back during the last 2 songs to make a 'quick' get away... in the end made it to Liverpool Street by 11.
    Paul
    '06 - London, Dublin, Reading
    '07 - Katowice, Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    '09 - London, Manchester, London
    '12 - Manchester, Manchester, Berlin, Stockholm, Copenhagen
  • Options
    fowls wrote:
    London setlist was good last night, had fun although the first hour was a little sedate. Hopefully will be a few hits in the mix tonight, fingers crossed.

I don't think the power cut really affected the length of Radiohead's set. They could have easily went on stage a good 10-15 minutes earlier than they did, and the setlist length was the same as the rest of the tour, so I don't think they were particularly rushed.

The trip back was a bit of a nightmare, but it ran surprisingly smoothly considering how many people there were. Was anyone near the front? I went right back during the last 2 songs to make a 'quick' get away... in the end made it to Liverpool Street by 11.

I don't think the set was cut short number of song wise just think they may have been a little rushed as when Thom came out for the second encore he said something like 'I'm back out here as we are running out of time'.

I was front row. Had got there early hoping there may have been a second support act. Strange to open the gates so early when the first act wasn't going to be on for nearly 3 hours :o Didn't move until it had finished and got to Waterloo for about 11.30. Was a little worried about missing last train home when I saw the sea of people heading for Mile End.

Have fun tonight. I'm almost tempted to head down and see if there are any tickets going.
  • Options
    I'm going again tonight, should be good (I figure they'll at least play Paranoid Android since yesterday was so devoid of hits). Although my friend who I was going with decided to sell her ticket to her brother so now I'm going alone. :( Wouldn't mind too much, but the crowd weren't very sociable yesterday :/
    Paul
  • Options
    1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,840
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    I guess but the festival has only a couple of bands I like and it was expensive. It was $106 for each day and then they surprised us with a ferry charge (its on Liberty Island) of $20 a day plus other random charges . So two shows for about $270.

Yeah, which is why I am only going to one show. The All Points West fest is the biggest money-making sham festival-wise in the United States. I went to Bonnaroo which included camping and amazing acts over four days for 235. I definitely will not be using this 20 dollars PER DAY ferry to get to the concert. I'll be using NJ Transit into the venue.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II
  • Options
    fowls wrote:
    I'm going again tonight, should be good (I figure they'll at least play Paranoid Android since yesterday was so devoid of hits). Although my friend who I was going with decided to sell her ticket to her brother so now I'm going alone. :( Wouldn't mind too much, but the crowd weren't very sociable yesterday :/

I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya that you get a couple of hits. Suppose looking on the bright side by yourself you cand do what you want ... stand where you want .. move if you want to etc.

I was by myself yesterday :o
  • Options
    Yeah, I had one friend of a friend behind me talk LOADS through the set yesterday. People kept glaring at her and I felt mega embarrassed (I don't even like her!!!!).

I'm not too bothered about the hits really, but hoping the setlist is a little better managed. Up until There There people looked a bit bored, not sure if mixing new tracks with obscure old tracks is reall the way forward. :p First time I saw them was V2006, where they played pretty much all of the main hits apart from Fake Plastic Trees and Morning Bell (and High & Dry, but they never play that anyhow), so I can't really complain if they don't play hits this show (although it does make me feel kinda sorry for the 10,000+ casual fans who paid 50 quid a ticket...).
    Paul
  • Options
    I was there last night, the setlist was okay, too many slow songs though; I thought the show dragged quite a lot. Airbag made the night for me. The queue for the Mile End train went pretty quickly which was nice.
  • Options
    Tonight was so much better than yesterday! Instead of an hour of slow songs at the start they played There There 3rd song in and mixed up the fast and slow songs a lot more. A hell of a lot more hits too! No Just, but we did get Lucky, My Iron Lung, Karma Police, No Surprises, Myxomatosis, Optimistic, 2+2=5 and Paranoid Android! The set worked a lot lot lot better than yesterday's abysmal setlist.
    Paul
  • Options
    Man, I was so pissed off when I saw the second night's setlist. SO much better. :(
  • Options
    here are a few videos from Radiohead London night 1
    and from Radiohead London night 2
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,737
    My god what ever happened to Radiohead?

compare their live show of Glasto 1997 to the utter garbage they are putting out now, wierd fucking noises over wierd beats - all electronic, and Thom whining like a stuck pig....

I cant think of a band who have lost it more.

There cant be a person out there who thinks they would be such a huge fan of Radiohead if they had only released Kid A onwards....everything since is light years away from the bends and OK....
  • Options
    heh, once more, matter of taste! i enjoy HTTT and in rainbows more than every other album except for ok c!
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:

compare their live show of Glasto 1997 to the utter garbage they are putting out now, wierd fucking noises over wierd beats - all electronic, and Thom whining like a stuck pig....

There cant be a person out there who thinks they would be such a huge fan of Radiohead if they had only released Kid A onwards....everything since is light years away from the bends and OK....
    Wrong wrong wrong. Once a band gets a few albums under its belt why shouldn't they experiment a little? No band wants to be stuck in a rut, and writing in different styles fills up the gaps in the setlist. The new material sounds great interspersed between the old stuff, doesn't feel out of place at all.
    Paul
  • Options
    oh well I guess its all preference, put those records on your Cd player though...forget the live experience, and they are drivel, and totally dreadful....

I maintain, if they hadnt of got huge off the bck of the bends and Ok computer and to an extent Pablo, they wouldnt have ever broken into the mainstream.

I'm all for pushing the envelope but there are limits. I saw Radiohead both right at the start and again very recently, there is no comparison. to illustrate this I refer to Glastonbury experiences 1997 and I believe 2004 - the contrast was amazing, 1997 was intense, with a crowd lapping it up, the latter was just acceptable, with people starting to wander off once he started doing his weird electonic fit singing....
  • Options
    Comfis wrote:
    heh, once more, matter of taste! i enjoy HTTT and in rainbows more than every other album except for ok c!

really, you prefer those to the Bends??
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:

HAHAHA! That is one of the funniest posts I've read in a long time. Pablo Honey and The Bends are by far the weakest albums Radiohead have released in my opinion. If you like them so much you miss the point of Radiohead entirely.
  • Options
    1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,840
    HAHAHA! That is one of the funniest posts I've read in a long time. Pablo Honey and The Bends are by far the weakest albums Radiohead have released in my opinion. If you like them so much you miss the point of Radiohead entirely.

I like all their music, but to say The Bends is a weak Radiohead album is also a crime, my friend.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II
  • Options
    a huge crime.
  • Options
    svenstephysvenstephy Posts: 182
    I like all their music, but to say The Bends is a weak Radiohead album is also a crime, my friend.
    agreed
    it's funny when things change so much, it's all state of mind...
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    i just downloaded the new in rainbows videos off of itunes... everyone should definitely check them out! great quality! ive just recently decided to make the move from simply loving their music to getting to know them as individuals the way i feel i know PJ... so this helps to get to know everyones faces :D

cant wait for LOLLA!
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    but why everyone feels so much surprise about the taste of other guys!

anyway, if some of you are not satisfied with the music of Radiohead, you can enjoy the previous albums..

but i will agree totally with the guy who says that experimenting is what a band should try when they reach success
  • Options
    Meh, The Bends just doesn't do it for me. I like about half of it, too many poppy songs.
  • Options
    I think The Bends is the album where Johnny really shines. His work on The Bends and My Iron Lung is great.
    Paul
  • Options
    i hope noone has complains from Radiohead Glasgow setlist

when RH play paranoid android i am always satisfied from the setlist!!

and 2+2=5 and There There and almost the whole in rainbows..(except for house of cards)