Options

Radiohead Tour Started! Reviews Here!

Comments

• Options
    ComfisComfis Posts: 117
    their live in Atlanta was even better! this time they added Paranoid Android to the setlist (the next step is to add Jigsaw)!

Here is the Radiohead Atlanta Setlist

:D

They also soundchecked Karma Police, i believe in the next show they will play it :D:D
    My choice for Radiohead News is InRadiobows.com
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    The show was pretty good. i was in the pitt essentially "3rd" row with just a couple people in front of me to the left of Thom.

A couple held up a sign for Jigsaw that said "it's our 10 year anniversary" then she would flip it over on the back and it said "Please play Jigsaw"

About 3 or 4 songs in thom was like congrats, but we are not playing that song tonight put your sign down. He did it in joking manner and kind of stuck his tongue out at them it was funny.

The show was good. Some of the songs were really good live and i liked them more so then on the album like there there, pyramid song, Idoteque, and optimistic. It was great watching them recreate those sounds in a live setting. Awesome being so close to the stage to see them get into the songs.

The light show was great. I really enjoyed being up on the stage, but i bet the light show looked even cooler from farther back. I was a bit to close i think to truely appreciate it.

someone threw a "Barack is the Future" (looked just like a Back to the Future T shirt just said Barrack is the Future instead) and they seemed to dig it and draped it over there monitor for the rest of the show.

for me the highlight of the night was Paranoid Android. It was fucking awesome! when they came out for the last encore as soon as they started it i looked at my buddy and we both new it was on :D

i do wish they would have taken some of the slower paced songs out and added some more rockers from the early albums. Slow songs are okay and all but i really enjoy rocking out.

bodysnatchers, reckoner, & bangers n mash were all great live! The crowd got into them well except for bangers n mash i don't think everyone really knew that one.

gotta love opening with all i need. That is one of my favs from the new album.

All in all i dug it, i just wish they would have played some different songs.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    I am going to the show tonight in Charlotte, NC. I can't wait! I saw them like 3 years ago when they headlined Bonnaroo and that show was awesome. I am excited to see a show that is nothing but Radiohead fans.

The setlists from the first three shows look great. Of course everyone would like to hear more from the bends or ok computer but hell its Radiohead, I am happy with whatever they play. I do like that they played paranoid android last night and sound checked karma police!

Can't wait to see what we get in Charlotte tonight!!!
    Driving in my car, smoking a cigar. The only time I'm happy is when I play my guitar.

-from "n.s.u." by Cream
  • Options
    Blind MelonBlind Melon Posts: 911
    Oh my sweetness, Talk Show Host! That's the only song that I really missed out on when I saw them. Nice!
    If I could, think I would give in.
  • Options
    PJ_GAPJ_GA Posts: 121
    Saw them in Atlanta last night, it was brilliant!!! His voice.....geez....
    ITS MY BLOOOOOOODDDDDD!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Last night ROCKED, I wish our seats were closer...but...Paranoid Android was so much fun to see live and I'm still not convinced he was actually singing and it wasn't pre-recorded he sounds so freakin phenomenal!! I'm so stoked I got to see this band live FINALLY.
  • Options
    great review Intodeep , thnx a lot!

New stuff:

Radiohead Atlanta Photos
    Radiohead Atlanta Videos

Also here is the Radiohead Charlotte Setlist

waiting for more reviews from Charlotte!

They soundchecked Jigsaw.. in the next five shows they will play it! I BELIEVE IT :P
  • Options
    PJ_GAPJ_GA Posts: 121
    i wish atlanta woulda got exit Music.......oh well :)
    ITS MY BLOOOOOOODDDDDD!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    look like 'Where I End and You Begin' has become a staple on this tour...sweeeet
  • Options
    HailHailVitalogyHailHailVitalogy Posts: 4,620
    Cant Wait For Tomorrow!!!!!!!!!
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,852
    talk show host two nights in a row, planet telex, and optimistic making a return to the regular rotation? well fuck me in the a--!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait for APW and their Mass. date.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II
  • Options
    Here you can find <a href="http://www.inradiobows.com/2008/05/11/photos-from-radiohead-charlotte-show/">Radiohead Charlotte photos</a>

Here you can find <a href="http://www.inradiobows.com/2008/05/11/videos-from-radiohead-charlotte-show-9-may-2008/">Radiohead Charlotte videos</a>

Hope you will enjoy them :)

Waiting for your reviews!!
  • Options
    Here you can find Radiohead Charlotte photos

Here you can find Radiohead Charlotte videos

Waiting for your reviews!!!
  • Options
    stpmattbstpmattb Posts: 956
    I'm leaving in a few for the show! This will by my first Radiohead show and I am beyond stoked for it!
  • Options
    plz give us a review :) and please tell me if i can use it for my blog (inradiobows.com)
  • Options
    Jammin909Jammin909 Posts: 888
    Comfis wrote:
    plz give us a review :) and please tell me if i can use it for my blog (inradiobows.com)

It must have rained 3 inches during the show. The entire exit was flooded. Next to taking a shower, I had never been so WET.

AMAZING NIGHT.
    The less you know, the more you believe.
  • Options
    to my humble opinion Radiohead Bristow setlist was the best till now.. the whole in Rainbows (which means Jigsaw also), Karma Police, Paranoid Android and much more.. i wish i was In Bristow!
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Yeah karma police, paranoid android, & fake plastic trees.

that would have been awesome.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    Comfis wrote:
    Here you can find Radiohead Charlotte photos

Here you can find Radiohead Charlotte videos

Waiting for your reviews!!!

My humble review of the Charlotte show.

This was one of the best shows I have ever been too. Started out a typical Charlotte afternoon weather wise as we proceeded to get ripped in the parking lot. Headed in to the show right about the time the opening band started. They were OK, not great, but OK.

Had lawn seats, got right at the front of the lawn and it filled up FAST. The place was definitely sold out. From the minute they stepped on the stage to when they stepped off, they were just on. They seemed into the show, they were tight and looked like they were having fun, especially Thom.

At one point Thom asked that the lights stay on and the crowd be still so that Jonny could take a picture.

"All I Need" is such a beautiful song to start out with. "Airbag" was dead on. The middle of the first set was just sick in my opinion: "Weird Fishes/ Arpeggi", "Myxomatosis", "Idioteque", "Morning Bell", "Videotape", and then "Optimistic". That series of songs just blew me away.

Both encores where very, very strong too. The crowd was feeling all of it and I think the band was feeding off of it.

1st Encore

Go Slowly
    Talk Show Host
    Exit Music (For A Film)
    Planet Telex
    House of Cards

2nd Encore

Paranoid Android
    Reckoner

Overall I don't think there is much I could complain about. It was f'n Radiohead and they delivered. I would love to hear someone else's opinion that was at this show.

Hope those that get to see them on this tour enjoy it!!!
    Driving in my car, smoking a cigar. The only time I'm happy is when I play my guitar.

-from "n.s.u." by Cream
  • Options
    edvedderrocksedvedderrocks Posts: 1,001
    did you see how many people got shut out of the show because of the detours (flooding) & parking lot being full? We left Jersey for a what should have been a 3 hour trip at 2pm & got in the parking lot of the stadium at 9:00. There were miles of cars still behind us waiting to get in. Turns out ALOT of people got turned away a short time after & missed the whole concert. We missed the first 5 song - but a great show nonetheless!

Feel sorry for those people...would do some major complaining!
    "I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me. Guaranteed."

1996 Merriweather, MD; 1998 Camden, NJ; 2000 Camden, NJ; 2003 Camden, NJ; 2005 Philly, PA; 2006 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2); 2006 Arnhem, NED; 2008 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2), Washington DC, MSG(night 2) 2009 Philly Spectrum Shows(nights 1,2,3,4) 2010 Hartford,CT and MSG(night 2)

ED Solo - 2008 Washington DC, 2009 Philly, PA(nights 1&2)*Met Eddie =)
  • Options
    cbbjrcbbjr Posts: 234
    Went to the show in Bristow last night. First, thank god PJ is playing downtown at the phone booth this year. Took me more than hour hours to get in the parking lot, and another twenty minutes to walk to the venue. Missed the first six songs. Can't wait to see PJ in June and being able to walk to the venue.

Long time Radiohead fan but the first show I have been to. It was amazing. The band was on, fans were into it, great mix of songs, and the stage production with the lights and cameras on each band member, probably the best choreographed show I have seen. Highlights for me were Planet Telex, Optomisic, Fake Plastic Trees, and National Anthem.

Very impressed with the song list. Normally I don't like it when a band plays the entire album they are promoting, but they managed to play three off of both Bends and OK Computer. They go through a lot of instrument changes. Thom dedicated Fake Plastic Trees to those who were stuck in traffic and couldn't make it. It rained all day and one of the entrances to the place flooded. However, delays there always happen. The last time PJ played at Nissan, in '03, Ed told the crowd they would play and handful of slow ones first to try to accommodate those stuck in traffic, so this happens a lot at this hell hole of a venue.

Thom also said a few things about Capitol Hill, but 1-I couldn't understand much of what he said and 2-I think it was a continuation of something he started early in the main set before I arrived, so I was lost. A lot of talking between band members between songs during the encores, which made it seem like they were tweaking the setlist.

Even though it was pouring, portions of the parking lot were flooded, and I sat in traffic there and back for over six hours and only live about 30 miles from the venue, the show was well worth it. One of the best non-PJ shows I have seen. If you are like me and were reluctant because you love their early work but think the new stuff is only ok, just go to a show. They were great.
    98-KC; 00-Indianapolis, StL, KC; 03-KC, DC; 04-DC; 06-Camden2, DC, Pittsburgh; 08-DC; 09-Chicago1, Spectrum3; 10-DC; 13-Baltimote; 16-Chicago1; 18-Seattle2; 22-NY
  • Options
    OMG, The show last night was absolutely fuckin amazing. RADIOHEAD IS IN THEIR PRIME RIGHT NOW!!!

The parking lot situation was awful, and the monsoon didn't help either. But the rain only added to the experience :). I had seats in section 102, 6 rows away from the GA admission, perfect seats. The setlist....was unbelievable, Planet Telex is one of my favorite songs that I have been dying to hear, and it ended the first encore!! Idioteque was stellar...ughhh soooo good. The crowd was more into it than when I saw them at MSG! Great crowd for a RH show. Props to those people on the lawn.

Anyone see that POOL that was 4 feet deep in the middle of the concession stand?? Like Thom said... "hello wet people"

But fuck that parking lot...they held our parking lot for TWO HOURS....TWO FUCKIN HOURS so that everyone else could get out and we were last!! Then....they wouldn't let us on fuckin 66!! so we ended up in the middle of bubblefuck prince william county

Whatever....SHOW WAS STELLAR...my aunt was with me and shes seen them a billion times, and she said that was the best show shes seen them put on

Myxomatosis into Idioteque?!?!
    Paranoid Android into JUST?!
    Bangers and Mash?!
    Optimistic into Karma Police

OH MY GOD

Setlist:
    All I Need
    Jigsaw Falling Into Place
    Lucky
    Nude
    15 Step
    Pyramid Song
    Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
    Myxomatosis
    Idioteque
    Faust Arp
    Videotape
    Paranoid Android
    Just
    Reckoner
    Everything In Its Right Place
    Bangers and Mash
    Bodysnatchers

encore 1:
    Like Spinning Plates
    Optimistic
    Karma Police
    Go Slowly
    Planet Telex

encore 2:
    Fake Plastic Trees
    The National Anthem
    House of Cards
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    bobasfeetbobasfeet Posts: 1,081
    All you that are raving about the DC show...didn't miss almost all of it like me...I left in plently of time to get there too. Whoever is responsible for getting people in that venue is pathetic. I more than upset about this show. Now that I have seen the setlist..enraged. MANY MANY people didn't even make it in.
  • Options
    VMGACgVMGACg Posts: 135
    how about hearing some bsides/rarities

stupid car
    gagging order
    big boots
    fog (again)
    follow me around
    TRUE LOVE WAITS!1!
    I am questioning my education
  • Options
    gusturtlegusturtle Posts: 442
    caught my first radiohead concert this past thursday in atlanta. it as AMAZING, to say the least. and thanks to the WASTE presale, my buddy and i were front and center, in the very first row of seats behind the pit. amazing amazing amazing!!!
  • Options
    Jammin909Jammin909 Posts: 888
    The lighting during Paranoid Android was the craziest shit I have ever seen!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qT_M6Bi5cbE
    The less you know, the more you believe.
  • Options
    PaukPauk Posts: 1,084
    Oh man, that's got me so stoked. Still only over a month and a half til the London shows!!!! BOO
    Paul
    '06 - London, Dublin, Reading
    '07 - Katowice, Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    '09 - London, Manchester, London
    '12 - Manchester, Manchester, Berlin, Stockholm, Copenhagen
  • Options
    bryanfurybryanfury Posts: 460
    My humble review of the Charlotte show.

This was one of the best shows I have ever been too. Started out a typical Charlotte afternoon weather wise as we proceeded to get ripped in the parking lot. Headed in to the show right about the time the opening band started. They were OK, not great, but OK.

Had lawn seats, got right at the front of the lawn and it filled up FAST. The place was definitely sold out. From the minute they stepped on the stage to when they stepped off, they were just on. They seemed into the show, they were tight and looked like they were having fun, especially Thom.

At one point Thom asked that the lights stay on and the crowd be still so that Jonny could take a picture.

"All I Need" is such a beautiful song to start out with. "Airbag" was dead on. The middle of the first set was just sick in my opinion: "Weird Fishes/ Arpeggi", "Myxomatosis", "Idioteque", "Morning Bell", "Videotape", and then "Optimistic". That series of songs just blew me away.

Both encores where very, very strong too. The crowd was feeling all of it and I think the band was feeding off of it.

1st Encore

Go Slowly
    Talk Show Host
    Exit Music (For A Film)
    Planet Telex
    House of Cards

2nd Encore

Paranoid Android
    Reckoner

Overall I don't think there is much I could complain about. It was f'n Radiohead and they delivered. I would love to hear someone else's opinion that was at this show.

Hope those that get to see them on this tour enjoy it!!!

I concur. i've seen them 3 times now, and they truly are the best live band.

this show was unbelievable, except for the lame folks int eh pit. no one even moved during idioteque or the sick finish on where i end.

but the encore cheers were so freakin loud, that i think even they were surprised.

all in all, it was just surreal. great setlist, great vibe. great band.
    those undecided, needn't have faith to be free
  • Options
    bryanfury wrote:
    I concur. i've seen them 3 times now, and they truly are the best live band.

this show was unbelievable, except for the lame folks int eh pit. no one even moved during idioteque or the sick finish on where i end.

but the encore cheers were so freakin loud, that i think even they were surprised.

all in all, it was just surreal. great setlist, great vibe. great band.

idioteque was nuts!!! people were jumping up with their hands up all over the GA section

i just watched some videos on youtube...i cant get over itttt
  • Options
    hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,930
    VMGACg wrote:
    how about hearing some bsides/rarities

stupid car
    gagging order
    big boots
    fog (again)
    follow me around
    TRUE LOVE WAITS!1!

I'd kill to hear Killer Cars and Lewis Mistreated