My Chemical Romance

BlackeyedangelBlackeyedangel Posts: 262
edited June 2007 in Other Music
They won a lot of people over with "The Black Parade" but I still find myself liking their first two albums more. "Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge" is one of my favorite albums of this decade so far. "I Brought You My Bullets..." is pretty solid for a debut album and I always thought it had a really interesting sound. I was just wondering specifically about what most people think of the evolution of their sound. I kinda enjoyed the post-hardcore sound on "Bullets" and I thought the mix of that sound with punk, emo, and pop really came together on "Three Cheers" but with "The Black Parade" they kinda lost some of that. There are some songs off the album that have that feel, like "Welcome To The Black Parade" and "Famous Last Words" but a lot of the songs don't have that My Chemical Romance feel to it. It seems like they've become more accessible to those outside the emo scene but it seems they left out an important aspect of their sound to do so.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• i wrote them off as just another crappy emo pop punk band, but i will admit i am wrong. the black parade caught my attention, and then famous last words i liked too, so i ended up taking a chance and buying the album, and i really like it. i havent heard much of their older stuff, but it may be worth a listen when i get a chance. right now i am too busy with too many other new albums.
  • I'm really excited about the new video.
  • suns rivalsuns rival Posts: 15,926
    they suck!
    scratching my butt...
    kinakamot ang aking puwit...
    me rascando pompis...
    krap mijn reet...
    boku no ketsuoana o kizu...
    bahrosh teezy...
  • suns rival wrote:
    they suck!
    you suck!
  • elwayvedderelwayvedder Posts: 9,117
    they sound like a bad, modern day version of Rush to me
  • sasojsasoj Posts: 239
    o my god!!!
    YOU LIKE THOSE IDIOTS?
    the guy (gerald) is crying in that black and white video!!!
    what a pussy!!!
    he isnt a real man -
    this isnt good music!
    cmon ...
    fuck- dont listen to emo-screamo shit bands like that
    i love rock chicks
  • sasoj wrote:
    o my god!!!
    YOU LIKE THOSE IDIOTS?
    the guy (gerald) is crying in that black and white video!!!
    what a pussy!!!
    he isnt a real man -
    this isnt good music!
    cmon ...
    fuck- dont listen to emo-screamo shit bands like that

Ugh... :rolleyes:
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • pjfan020pjfan020 Posts: 426
    I think that they're really terrible musicians. The vocalist just cries on every song and i'm not a fan of the giddups they were.
    "Tonight we're just gonna play you some good old American Rock and Roll." tom petty-7-15-05
  • prytocorduroyprytocorduroy Posts: 4,355
    I think the Black Parade definitely shows how mature they've become. I don't own the album and don't like them, but I can hear the Queen influences in the title track.
  • BrokenGlassBrokenGlass Posts: 298
    they sound like a bad, modern day version of Rush to me
    no no, that's Coheed and Cambria.
    and i think they suck.

but not My Chem.
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    This band is a complete joke, I really hope the person that made this thread is a 10 year old girl...........even then, I find it shameful but maybe you can at least grow out of bad taste in music
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • tonadaxtonadax Posts: 594
    really creepy band, i prefer the used over MCR....
  • This band is a complete joke, I really hope the person that made this thread is a 10 year old girl...........even then, I find it shameful but maybe you can at least grow out of bad taste in music
    You sir, are a total ass.

Quit acting like a teenager.
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    You sir, are a total ass.

Quit acting like a teenager.

Clearly I am not the teenager because nobody past the teenage years should enjoy this dreadful band
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • im not one for the emo/screamo and all that stuff, but i must admit i love mcr. i think the singles they put out of the latest album are some of the worst on the record, the rest of the album doesn't sound emo at all to me.

i got hooked on three cheers ahwile back too, and listened to it nonstop, but they became one of my favorites with this latest one.
    i gather speed...from u fucking with me

"i am the first man to shit my pants ya whew!"

its no crime to escape..theres still time to escape...theres still time so escape...

"yellow ledbetter is like the smoke after a 3 hour fuckfest" - 62strat

st.louis 04, chicago 06, and counting...
  • This band is a complete joke, I really hope the person that made this thread is a 10 year old girl...........even then, I find it shameful but maybe you can at least grow out of bad taste in music
    Clearly I am not the teenager because nobody past the teenage years should enjoy this dreadful band

your one of those guys eh?
    i gather speed...from u fucking with me

"i am the first man to shit my pants ya whew!"

its no crime to escape..theres still time to escape...theres still time so escape...

"yellow ledbetter is like the smoke after a 3 hour fuckfest" - 62strat

st.louis 04, chicago 06, and counting...
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    I took my kid to a couple shows (they're her favorite band) and I thought they performed pretty well. Kind of cute to hear all the Queen influence in the music.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • darthvedder88darthvedder88 Posts: 1,023
    I actually heard that they put on a pretty decent live show, but I still hate them with passion...

Gerard Way needs to quit trying to be like Billy Corgan...

THANK GOD THE SMASHING PUMPKINS ARE BACK TO PUT THESE EMO BANDS TO SHAME!!!
    "Darth Vader would say 'Impressive'."

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
    6/14/08 Manchester, Tennessee
  • Thorns2010Thorns2010 Posts: 2,200
    Seriously people, if you don't like the music you don't have to post in this thread. I get sick of music 'eliteist' who think that if its something popular or something they personally don't like it must therefore suck. I have to put up with it at work all the time, don't make me put up with it here!! :p

Anyway, back on topic, I enjoy Welcome To The Black Parade way more then Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge. And I've yet to hear there first album.

I really like how the new album is basicaly a concept album and the songs flow pretty easily into each other.
  • suns rivalsuns rival Posts: 15,926
    you suck!

you suck more, dickhead.
    scratching my butt...
    kinakamot ang aking puwit...
    me rascando pompis...
    krap mijn reet...
    boku no ketsuoana o kizu...
    bahrosh teezy...
  • musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
    never heard much of them. heard Black parade on the radio

Their lyrics and the whole making "important music post 9/11" thing make them sound like they are speaking for the youth or something.

Who knows if they are.

I know alot of people dislike them. They are like Fall out boy. The teenyboppers love them, but the rockers hate them
  • Gossard_Is_GodGossard_Is_God Posts: 1,031
    I actually heard that they put on a pretty decent live show, but I still hate them with passion...

Gerard Way needs to quit trying to be like Billy Corgan...

THANK GOD THE SMASHING PUMPKINS ARE BACK TO PUT THESE EMO BANDS TO SHAME!!!

I saw them last year at Reading Festival and they were awful!!
    Pearl Jam - London Astoria 20/4/06....One hell of a night :)

Reading 2006 - WOOOOW!!!!!

Paris 2006 - Fucking amazing

Wembley 2007 :D
  • Alex_CoeAlex_Coe Posts: 762
    You know what? The thing that really puzzles me? Don't answer this.

For some reason I tolerate MCR, and I actually feel the pull of a couple of FOB songs, but if I hear even one second of Panic! at the Disco I go into a grizzly bear-style headhunt for blood, smashing any emos in my way so I can turn off the fucking radio. I can tolerate anything at all if it isn't PatD. It's insanity. Fucking insanity. I hate them. I want to sodomize that Panic! singer with a cactus.
  • faithful227faithful227 Posts: 352
    i really like the black parade, but i like three cheers better. both good albums though. i guess i agree that they kind of got away from the sound of their first two records, but then again, im kind of glad they did. cant grow at all without change, you just stand still. anyway, i like MCR, but agree with that one post about the cactus and that dude from PATD. is it me, or did they totally rip off the killers? i dunno. i like the killers too.
    VHC member #155***

Ft Lauderdale '96:::West Palm Beach '98:::Tampa '00:::Tampa '03:::Camden 1&2 '06::: DC '06:::West Palm Beach '08:::Tampa '08:::Columbia '08:::Virginia Beach '08

• mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    I'm sorry, but these guys suck so much...

I'm not trying to be a jerk, or a thread whore...but if someone was to ask me "List the 5 bands you hate the most" these guys would be in that group.

I mean, they are with bands like Nickleback and Good Charlotte...

They make horrible, horrible, horrible "music" and I hate my radio for sending it to my speakers when I'm in the car. It really did nothing, but I want to smash it to bits when a song like "...Black Parade" comes on. Ugh!
  • suns rival wrote:
    they suck!
    i second that.
    This isn't the land of opportunity, it's the land of competition.
  • mca47 wrote:
    I'm sorry, but these guys suck so much...

I'm not trying to be a jerk, or a thread whore...but if someone was to ask me "List the 5 bands you hate the most" these guys would be in that group.

I mean, they are with bands like Nickleback and Good Charlotte...

They make horrible, horrible, horrible "music" and I hate my radio for sending it to my speakers when I'm in the car. It really did nothing, but I want to smash it to bits when a song like "...Black Parade" comes on. Ugh!
    i couldn't agree more.
  • suns rival wrote:
    you suck more, dickhead.
    for the record, anyone that posts another thread about my chemical romance... specifically on a pearl jam thread... will be made fun of. yes, i'm being a dick.
  • sasojsasoj Posts: 239
    gerald is a girl ...
    he/or she i dont know what he/she is...
    is crying i there new black and white video!!!!
    omg!!!
    fuck ...
    shame on you gerald
    i love rock chicks
  • BrezBrez Posts: 570

Well it is a pretty teenager-like thought process to make fun of someone for what kind of music they like. Let's see... I did that when I was 14. People like different music, and the fact that they admit that they like a band such as MCR makes them a lot more mature than you.

Yeah and for the record I really don't like them either. Just bugs me when people say shit like that, cause I said the same things when I was... 14.
    And before his first step... He's off again...