My Chemical Romance

124»

Comments

• there first cd is really good for a pop-punk band. i didnt like 3 cheers and i hate the new one, its to fake and emo.there never going back to there first now that have kissed ass with the big wigs, they will be back to playing clubs in 2 years as will taking back sunday. i saw mcr on the warped tour there first year on it, they were on one of the smaller stages and not alot of people were there to see it.
    Hmm... I thought the new one was much less emo than three cheers, the singles maybe not so much, but alot of the other songs seemed to jump genres.

I don't really see the pop-punk movement slowing down though in the near future. Then again I really don't mind bands like Taking Back Sunday but maybe that's cause I kinda grew up with them.
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    Hmm... I thought the new one was much less emo than three cheers, the singles maybe not so much, but alot of the other songs seemed to jump genres.

I don't really see the pop-punk movement slowing down though in the near future. Then again I really don't mind bands like Taking Back Sunday but maybe that's cause I kinda grew up with them.
    yeah i dont see the pop-punk thing been killed anytime soon either. i only like tbs, cause my cousin is good friends with them, he went to eddie's wedding
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    If you've noticed I've only given a few people a hard time about the responses.
    I usually divide the responses into three categories and respond to each accordingly.

There are the "lol, MCR sux, gerard is ghey and cries like a pussy" responses which I typically try to ignore because those people are just idiots.

Then there are the "MCR sucks and no one should be allowed to like them, if you enjoy it there's something wrong with you and only my views on music are correct" which I then try to enlighten the poster to the fact that they are a pretentious jack-ass or at least make other posters aware of their ignorance.

And the third type which I don't see much around here is where the person actually gives a reason and maybe some insight into their musical taste. "Well, I don't like MCR, I don't like the lead singer's voice" or even "It's just not my style of music." You see the difference. I don't care whether or not people like the band, but there's a difference between stating your opinions and acting like an asshole and baiting. I didn't call anyone small minded because they don't like MCR, I'm criticizing them for saying that only their opinion on music can be right.

You said that there is no justification for liking this band. You said they have no substance and aren't very talented. I'm going to disagree with you and say they have both. What does it matter to you? I don't see why it's so difficult for some people to just accept that music is subjective and other people will like different music than them. Yes, there are people out there that think bands like Pearl Jam are talentless and have nothing to offer, but why worry about it.

I agree that people should be able to voice their opinions intelligently, but if they act like a baby while doing it they deserved to get called out. I don't think every single thread in Other Bands should consist of five pages of just discussing whether or not people should have the right to listen to the band. I think the purpose of this place is for actual discussion if people have nothing intelligent to add than just go and do something better with your life.

Again you seem to not realize that there will be great criticism in any band listed on a message board that isn't THAT band's board.

You still label people into the types of people that criticize your band. You make comments about people's criticism of the band yet you can label them "one or the other".
    "Hey Pot"
    "What's that kettle?"
    "You're fuckin' black!!!"

Back to your response...music IS subjective, and you should respect other people's point of view even if it's not your own. If we don't like that band and you do, what difference does it make? NONE! Keep that in mind. Opinions are like assholes...everyones got one!
  • mca47 wrote:
    Again you seem to not realize that there will be great criticism in any band listed on a message board that isn't THAT band's board.

You still label people into the types of people that criticize your band. You make comments about people's criticism of the band yet you can label them "one or the other".
    "Hey Pot"
    "What's that kettle?"
    "You're fuckin' black!!!"

Back to your response...music IS subjective, and you should respect other people's point of view even if it's not your own. If we don't like that band and you do, what difference does it make? NONE! Keep that in mind. Opinions are like assholes...everyones got one!

There's a difference between saying "I think MCR suck!", and saying "No Pearl Jam should ever listen to MCR". All I'm saying is that I don't mind hearing MCR from time to time, I'm not saying "If you're a Pearl Jam fan, you gotta listen to these guys! Otherwise, you're nothing more than a skank, son!"
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • Alex_CoeAlex_Coe Posts: 762
    mca47 wrote:

You're telling Blackeyedangel to respect other people's opinions... which is exactly what he's asking for. He's arguing the same thing as you are, yet still you're arguing with him. Read the effing post.
    Nobody said you have to justify liking MCR. Liking them is just in bad taste......thats all. You may ask why its in bad taste, my answer to that is just for all the obvious reasons.

No real Pearl Jam fan should be allowed to listen to Oasis!!!!10!!1 If you like Oasis you are listening to bad music and should die.

See, that doesn't feel like a very fair argument, does it? IT SUCKS when people force their opinions down your throat.
    Alex_Coe wrote:
    You're telling Blackeyedangel to respect other people's opinions... which is exactly what he's asking for. He's arguing the same thing as you are, yet still you're arguing with him. Read the effing post.

After all of those words, and more time then I should have spent, the bottom line is...
    Listen to and enjoy what you want but it truly is pointless trying to argue your taste in music.

Now go back to arguing how great MCR is, and when you wake up tomorrow they will still be a shitty, shitty band.
    mca47 wrote:
    After all of those words, and more time then I should have spent, the bottom line is...
    Listen to and enjoy what you want but it truly is pointless trying to argue your taste in music.

Now go back to arguing how great MCR is, and when you wake up tomorrow they will still be a shitty, shitty band.

Go make love to the Kings of Leon or Bright Eyes or whoever else tickles your indie boner.

I'll be at my house rocking out with Eddie and Josh Homme.
  • oppie1oppie1 Posts: 755
    Alex_Coe wrote:
    No real Pearl Jam fan should be allowed to listen to Oasis!!!!10!!1 If you like Oasis you are listening to bad music and should die.

See, that doesn't feel like a very fair argument, does it? IT SUCKS when people force their opinions down your throat.
    exactly... every oasis fan should take a sniper bullet to the head for liking sissy music... :)
    BoyHitsCar Masked Street Team
    www.lovecorealliance.com

Upcoming boyhitscar concerts:
    11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

www.myspace.com/briankutys
    Alex_Coe wrote:
    Go make love to the Kings of Leon or Bright Eyes or whoever else tickles your indie boner.

I'll be at my house rocking out with Eddie and Josh Homme.

"Indie boner"? LOL! That's awesome.

I don't even really like indie music or those other bands you listed...but whatever.
    mca47 wrote:
    "Indie boner"? LOL! That's awesome.

I don't even really like indie music or those other bands you listed...but whatever.

;) Insults don't have to make sense, they just have to be insulting.
    Alex_Coe wrote:
    ;) Insults don't have to make sense, they just have to be insulting.

Yeah, I actually thought it was pretty funny! :p
  • RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,943
    You can hate me or try to hurt me BUT! I do love Pearl Jam, Oasis and My Chemical Romance :D!!! If you say I suck b/c of that I am proud 'cos I don't give a fuck about opinion from people who cannot accept taste is what/who you are. You may try to explain why you love or hate bands but critisizing other persons' thoughts and emotions on art reminds me of the people in the Medieval age. C'mon guys grow up, you shouldn't try to behave like teenagers if you would like to show you are not childish anymore!;)
    If you don't like MCR, try to avoid this thread and focus on bands you really like!
    Budapest.Budapest.Arnhem.Antwerpen.Vienna.Madrid.Katowice.Nova_rock.Nijmegen.Rotterdam.Berlin.Dublin.Belfast.London.Venice.Prague.Stockholm.Copenhagen.Vienna.Leeds.Milton_keynes.Padova.Prague.Seattle1.Seattle2.Chicago1.Budapest.Cracow.Vienna..>>>LONDON.BERLIN1.BERLIN2
    Eddie: Dublin & London
  • Wow, this really went places. Does anyone else want to discuss the band?
  • Hey Chris, how are you doing tonight?

hahaha you got me. i am guilty of wandering on to the pj message board and being a douche.
  • hahaha you got me. i am guilty of wandering on to the pj message board and being a douche.
    Sounds cool, I'm doing pretty swell myself. How was your weekend?
  • Sounds cool, I'm doing pretty swell myself. How was your weekend?

it was ok. i have to couch surf at my brother's house with all my stuff until my new apartment is ready (july 1st), so i am a little cramped. i saw oceans 13 though...pretty good.

how was yours?
    Wow, this really went places. Does anyone else want to discuss the band?

No, at this point we're just out for blood.
  • Alex_Coe wrote:
    No, at this point we're just out for blood.

and pop tarts. dont forget the pop tarts.
  • it was ok. i have to couch surf at my brother's house with all my stuff until my new apartment is ready (july 1st), so i am a little cramped. i saw oceans 13 though...pretty good.

how was yours?
    It was good. I caught Surf's Up at the movies on sunday. Other than that I just chilled out and watched movies and tv.

Good luck with the new apartment.
  • and pop tarts. dont forget the pop tarts.
    I like pop tarts but I think I'd prefer graham crackers.

But you know what they say, no fans of pop tarts can also like graham crackers... that's in bad taste.
  • I like pop tarts but I think I'd prefer graham crackers.

But you know what they say, no fans of pop tarts can also like graham crackers... that's in bad taste.

no fans of crops enjoy bugs.
  • no fans of crops enjoy bugs.
    You can't fit a horse in a Honda Civic.
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    tonadax wrote:
    worst live band ever.........

and where and when have you seen them? They're not really my taste (my daughter likes them) but as I mentioned a few pages back, they performed their songs well I thought. And there's WAY (oh. no pun intended) worse bands - the opening band for MCR was called The Bled and they were pretty bad.

And while I'm on it - if someone doesn't like something, that doesn't mean it sucks. People just write stuff sucks when they don't like it. For example - the Dave Matthews band - its just too mellow for me, and not really my taste, but in terms of quality I think they're good.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008