My Chemical Romance

Comments

• pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    Brez wrote:
    Well it is a pretty teenager-like thought process to make fun of someone for what kind of music they like. Let's see... I did that when I was 14. People like different music, and the fact that they admit that they like a band such as MCR makes them a lot more mature than you.

Yeah and for the record I really don't like them either. Just bugs me when people say shit like that, cause I said the same things when I was... 14.

Posting about this band on a Pearl Jam forum should result in lots of heckling no matter how old the person is.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • Posting about this band on a Pearl Jam forum should result in lots of heckling no matter how old the person is.

Why? Because you don't like them?
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
    Why? Because you don't like them?

Because I as well as many dont like them and no Pearl Jam fans should like them
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

• Because I as well as many dont like them and no Pearl Jam fans should like them

Why should no Pearl Jam fans like them? Ever heard of personal taste?

I decree that no Pearl Jam fans should like Oasis anymore. Because I as well as many don't like them, and no Pearl Jam fans should like them.

How's that? Does that hold any weight with you?
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
    Why should no Pearl Jam fans like them? Ever heard of personal taste?

I decree that no Pearl Jam fans should like Oasis anymore. Because I as well as many don't like them, and no Pearl Jam fans should like them.

How's that? Does that hold any weight with you?

Say what you want, it does not hold any weight with me. Oasis are much more respectable than MCR.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

• Say what you want, it does not hold any weight with me. Oasis are much more respectable than MCR.

Why? I just don't understand the bias against MCR. They make good throwaway pop-rock. What's wrong with that? Isn't that basically what Oasis do?
  • angryyoungmanangryyoungman Medford, NY Posts: 1,028
    Why? I just don't understand the bias against MCR. They make good throwaway pop-rock. What's wrong with that? Isn't that basically what Oasis do?
    i agree with you, i was never a fan of there's but i liked the first single and went out and bought the new album, and i dig it alot. even went out and bought the previous album, which i dont like as much but there's a couple of good songs on there. . .and i saw them live a few months ago and they put on a pretty good show
    i have wished for so long, how i wish for you today
    JEFFREY ROSS ROGERS 1975-2002

9.10.98 NYC / 8.23.00 JONES BEACH /4.30.03 UNIONDALE / 7.9.03 NYC /5.12.06 ALBANY/ 6.1.06 E.RUTHEFORD/ 6.3.06 E. RUTHEFORD/ CAMDEN 6.19.08/ NYC 6.24.08/ NYC 6.25.08/ HARTFORD 6.27.08/ CHICAGO 8.24.09/ PHILLY 10.31.09/ HARTFORD 5.15.10/ NEWARK 5.18.10/ NYC 5.20.10/ CHICAGO 7.19.13/ BROOKLYN 10.18.13/ BROOKLYN 10.19.13/ HARTFORD 10.25.13/ NYC 9.26.15/ 4.8.16 FT. LAUDERDALE/ 4.9.16 MIAMI / 5.1.16 NYC/ 5.2.16 NYC / 8.5.16 BOSTON / 8.7.16 BOSTON/ 8.20.18 CHICAGO/ 9.2.18 BOSTON/ 9.4.18 BOSTON/ 9.18.21 ASBURY PARK

finally, FUCK TICKETMASTER
  • oppie1oppie1 Posts: 755
    Say what you want, it does not hold any weight with me. Oasis are much more respectable than MCR.
    oasis should have never had an ounce of respect from anyone.. they're worthless garbage
    BoyHitsCar Masked Street Team
    www.lovecorealliance.com

Upcoming boyhitscar concerts:
    11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

www.myspace.com/briankutys
  • angryyoungmanangryyoungman Medford, NY Posts: 1,028
    i think most of the people who say they suck just lump them in with all the rest of the emo bands (which i agree most do suck), but there new album was a really good rock record, check it out
    i have wished for so long, how i wish for you today
    JEFFREY ROSS ROGERS 1975-2002

9.10.98 NYC / 8.23.00 JONES BEACH /4.30.03 UNIONDALE / 7.9.03 NYC /5.12.06 ALBANY/ 6.1.06 E.RUTHEFORD/ 6.3.06 E. RUTHEFORD/ CAMDEN 6.19.08/ NYC 6.24.08/ NYC 6.25.08/ HARTFORD 6.27.08/ CHICAGO 8.24.09/ PHILLY 10.31.09/ HARTFORD 5.15.10/ NEWARK 5.18.10/ NYC 5.20.10/ CHICAGO 7.19.13/ BROOKLYN 10.18.13/ BROOKLYN 10.19.13/ HARTFORD 10.25.13/ NYC 9.26.15/ 4.8.16 FT. LAUDERDALE/ 4.9.16 MIAMI / 5.1.16 NYC/ 5.2.16 NYC / 8.5.16 BOSTON / 8.7.16 BOSTON/ 8.20.18 CHICAGO/ 9.2.18 BOSTON/ 9.4.18 BOSTON/ 9.18.21 ASBURY PARK

finally, FUCK TICKETMASTER

MCR's music should be thrown away, I am sick of hearing those awful songs. Oasis have made quality tunes that MCR couldnt dream of making.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

• MCR's music should be thrown away, I am sick of hearing those awful songs. Oasis have made quality tunes that MCR couldnt dream of making.

Such as? Importance of Being Idle, Champagne Supernova are their best songs... And they're all very derivative if you ask me. So really, for MCR to make "quality tunes" they'd just have to stick on some Beatles records... They just opted for the Queen records instead.

I have no problem with you being sick of hearing those "awful songs", by the way. Just don't try and tell people what they should and shouldn't listen to. It makes you sound like an elitist ass.
    MCR's music should be thrown away, I am sick of hearing those awful songs. Oasis have made quality tunes that MCR couldnt dream of making.
    oasis have never made 1 semi-decent song...
    my asshole has made better music then anything oasis has ever crapped out

i'm not a MCR fan by any means.. but atleast they dont try to rip off Beatles albums to try and make it big
    www.lovecorealliance.com

11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

Such as? Importance of Being Idle, Champagne Supernova are their best songs... And they're all very derivative if you ask me. So really, for MCR to make "quality tunes" they'd just have to stick on some Beatles records... They just opted for the Queen records instead.

I have no problem with you being sick of hearing those "awful songs", by the way. Just don't try and tell people what they should and shouldn't listen to. It makes you sound like an elitist ass.

Its people like you that have helped send rock music in the wrong direction............thanks for buying into that crap. Enjoy years of popular emo records, corporate bands, and bands that just plain suck.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

Its people like you that have helped send rock music in the wrong direction............thanks for buying into that crap. Enjoy years of popular emo records, corporate bands, and bands that just plain suck.
    what makes a band corporate?

does getting airplay = corporate?
    www.lovecorealliance.com

11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

• Its people like you that have helped send rock music in the wrong direction............thanks for buying into that crap. Enjoy years of popular emo records, corporate bands, and bands that just plain suck.

What? By buying Pearl Jam records, Soundgarden records, Clash records, Lanegan records, Waits records, and not objecting to hearing MCR from time to time? Jeez, didn't know I was having such a bad influence.

Still, at least I never bought an Oasis record.
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    so im guessing pearl jam and oasis suck cause there corporate or is is it ok cause u like those bands.MCR first cd was amazing, the last 2 have sucked. i saw MCR in concert once before they got big and IT FUCKING ROCKED
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

oppie1 wrote:
    what makes a band corporate?

does getting airplay = corporate?

Copying trends in music, making pretentious music, etc.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

Copying trends in music, making pretentious music, etc.
    uhm.. that makes oasis corporate... they copy the beatles...
    www.lovecorealliance.com

11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

oppie1 wrote:
    uhm.. that makes oasis corporate... they copy the beatles...

Classic statement from somebody who isnt even familiar with their music.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

• Classic statement from somebody who isnt even familiar with their music.

And exactly how much MCR have you listened to be able to condemn them so emphatically?

I sense a mite of hypocrisy.
    Classic statement from somebody who isnt even familiar with their music.
    heed your own advice then...

if you dont know about a bands music.. you cant comment on it
    www.lovecorealliance.com

11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

And exactly how much MCR have you listened to be able to condemn them so emphatically?

I sense a mite of hypocrisy.

3 or 4 songs of total shit, I wasnt even trying to categorize them as anything but really bad music
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

• 3 or 4 songs of total shit, I wasnt even trying to categorize them as anything but really bad music

All Around the World, Songbird, Lyla, Roll With It. Four really terrible songs.

You have already categorised MCR as "popular emo records, corporate bands, and bands that just plain suck". Black Parade is not emo. I don't see how they're any more corporate than any band on a major label. As for them "sucking", well that's subjective. I refer you to Oasis' "4 songs of total shit" above.

Besides weren't Oasis just cashing in on the success of bands like the Smiths and the Stone Roses?
    All Around the World, Songbird, Lyla, Roll With It. Four really terrible songs.

You have already categorised MCR as "popular emo records, corporate bands, and bands that just plain suck". Black Parade is not emo. I don't see how they're any more corporate than any band on a major label. As for them "sucking", well that's subjective. I refer you to Oasis' "4 songs of total shit" above.

Besides weren't Oasis just cashing in on the success of bands like the Smiths and the Stone Roses?

You are clueless, I am done arguing with you. I cannot argue with somebody that has so little credibility that they would actually defend a band like MCR.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

You are clueless, I am done arguing with you. I cannot argue with somebody that has so little credibility that they would actually defend a band like MCR.
    "thats it.. i'm taking my toys and going home.. you cant play with them anymore"

what are you, 14?

i cant believe you're dumb enough to listen to and defend a shit band like oasis
    www.lovecorealliance.com

11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

• You are clueless, I am done arguing with you. I cannot argue with somebody that has so little credibility that they would actually defend a band like MCR.

Because your argument doesn't stand up? Is that it?
    Because your argument doesn't stand up? Is that it?

Oasis sound nothing like The Smiths and Stone Roses, MCR sound like all the other shit that is played on the radio besides the fact that they added a few extra bells and other sounds, who gives a damn, they suck and I am finished with this.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

• Oasis sound nothing like The Smiths and Stone Roses, MCR sound like all the other shit that is played on the radio besides the fact that they added a few extra bells and other sounds, who gives a damn, they suck and I am finished with this.

No, you're right - they sound like a Beatles cover band.
    So your entire argument is this: I don't like MCR. Therefore, no one can. Anyone who disagrees has no "credibility".
    It's wonderful you have such a high regard for your own taste. Too bad you're such an arrogant child about it.
    No, you're right - they sound like a Beatles cover band.
    So your entire argument is this: I don't like MCR. Therefore, no one can. Anyone who disagrees has no "credibility".
    It's wonderful you have such a high regard for your own taste. Too bad you're such an arrogant child about it.

don't forget that any band that doesnt sound like oasis is what is wrong with music these days
    www.lovecorealliance.com

11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

• oppie1 wrote:
    don't forget that any band that doesnt sound like oasis is what is wrong with music these days

Yes, we're lucky to have such constant, whiney reminders of this.:p

I'm just glad I've got some MCR to drown him out.