My Chemical Romance

Comments

• Wow, that oasis dude got owned pretty hard.

Do you know much of an ass you sound like when you say no one that listens to Pearl Jam is allowed to listen to whatever band you don't like? I'll listen to whatever the hell I please. I didn't sign some contract to follow the same drab musical tastes as everyone else on the board.

And to anyone else that whines about another band because of their fashion or style, grow up. Eddie Vedder wore makeup and flannel back in his days.

Anyway the Teenagers video is pretty awesome. Love that song.
  • yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    gag! This band blows
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    Wow, that oasis dude got owned pretty hard.

Do you know much of an ass you sound like when you say no one that listens to Pearl Jam is allowed to listen to whatever band you don't like? I'll listen to whatever the hell I please. I didn't sign some contract to follow the same drab musical tastes as everyone else on the board.

And to anyone else that whines about another band because of their fashion or style, grow up. Eddie Vedder wore makeup and flannel back in his days.

Anyway the Teenagers video is pretty awesome. Love that song.

In case you failed to notice, there are just as many people bashing them as praising them in this thread about them.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • oppie1oppie1 Posts: 755
    In case you failed to notice, there are just as many people bashing them as praising them in this thread about them.
    just take your "pwning" like a man :)
    BoyHitsCar Masked Street Team
    www.lovecorealliance.com

Upcoming boyhitscar concerts:
    11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

www.myspace.com/briankutys
    oppie1 wrote:
    just take your "pwning" like a man :)

I swear you follow me around to every single thread I post in
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

I swear you follow me around to every single thread I post in
    i swear you make an ass of yourself in every thread i follow you around in
    www.lovecorealliance.com

11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

• In case you failed to notice, there are just as many people bashing them as praising them in this thread about them.

The bashing them is fine. Just don't tell us what we can and can't listen to, guy.
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
    The bashing them is fine. Just don't tell us what we can and can't listen to, guy.

I am just shocked that a few people on this forum can have good enough taste to listen to Pearl Jam and then listen to such hideous music as MCR as well.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

oppie1 wrote:
    i swear you make an ass of yourself in every thread i follow you around in

So have you, just for declaring the bands that you listen to
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

• I am just shocked that a few people on this forum can have good enough taste to listen to Pearl Jam and then listen to such hideous music as MCR as well.

I guess not everyone is as caught up in so-called "credibility" as you, son.
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    Defending MCR is as bad as my idiot friend who defends the finer works of Beyonce and Rhyanna.
    I'm sorry, but there is no justification for anyone to like this band. The truly define the term "terrible band".

I generally don't like most music the first few times I listen to it (even PJ)...it has to grow on me. I have to find the subtleties of the lyrics and music and how it works together to create that form of art...
    I've given them a chance and MCR brings NOTHING to the table. There are a lot of horrible bands out there and most don't get the time of day on the radio...but unfortunately some do...
    :eek:
    I am just shocked that a few people on this forum can have good enough taste to listen to Pearl Jam and then listen to such hideous music as MCR as well.

Well, it's kinda similar to people liking the Beatles, or Hendrix, or The Doors...then popping in a Nickleback album.

There ARE those people out there!!

Whatever floats your boat...
    mca47 wrote:
    Well, it's kinda similar to people liking the Beatles, or Hendrix, or The Doors...then popping in a Nickleback album.

There ARE those people out there!!

Whatever floats your boat...

Its like they have split personalities or something
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

• Some of you guys are truly friggin' idiots.

I know it might be difficult to get it through your small minds but some people listen to music for different reasons. Not every person is listening to music just for The Doors or the Beatles or whatever. Some people just listen to whatever pleases them and don't give a shit about the bullshit credibility other people have invented and attributed to certain bands. Some people don't have to examine every goddamn lyric and know every fucking chord to like a song. Why the fuck do you have to justify liking a band? That is probably the most retarded thing I heard all day.
    What is your justification for listening to Pearl Jam? to the Beatles? Oasis?

Well gee, I don't know about you guys but all my justification for loving Pearl Jam is because of the chord transition in Hard to Imagine

Seriously, wtf people?

I know you people won't understand this and probably never will, but I'll say it anyway, there is nothing wrong with listening to Beyonce, Rihanna, Nine Inch Nails, Fall Out Boy, Mogwai, The Libertines, My Chemical Romance, The Beatles, Nickelback, Weezer, The Pink Spiders, Bright Eyes, Soundgarden, From First to Last, or even Pearl Jam.

I seriously hope all those bands you hate continue to top the charts. To be honest I don't think it's a coincidence...
  • Alex_CoeAlex_Coe Posts: 762
    I have to tell you all something.

I listen to artsy prog rock, so I like to consider my tastes varied and nuanced. I listend to Indie bands like Wilco and King of Leons. They are very musically mature bands that can also "rock out" when the need arises. So I know a thing or two about good music. Not that I'm a control freak or anything, but I like to reccomend cool bands to other people! Lol! :D I also like to steer folks away from bad bands, because sometimes people just need a reccomendation. IT's for their own good. So when I see a person listening to My Chemical Romance- or as I like to call them, MyCar (LOL!!!)- I just have to tell them the truth! That's a bad band, I remind them! I'll let that person know even if he/she didn't ask for my opinion! :D

Though for some reason, MCR listeners never push their opinions on me. I don't know why. Someone said it's because they are normal people, but I'm sure it's because they know they're wrong. MCR listeners don't force their music on me because I'm just right LOOOL!

What can I say, that's my impression of a hater.
    Some of you guys are truly friggin' idiots.

I know it might be difficult to get it through your small minds but some people listen to music for different reasons. Not every person is listening to music just for The Doors or the Beatles or whatever. Some people just listen to whatever pleases them and don't give a shit about the bullshit credibility other people have invented and attributed to certain bands. Some people don't have to examine every goddamn lyric and know every fucking chord to like a song. Why the fuck do you have to justify liking a band? That is probably the most retarded thing I heard all day.

Well gee, I don't know about you guys but all my justification for loving Pearl Jam is because of the chord transition in Hard to Imagine

Seriously, wtf people?

I know you people won't understand this and probably never will, but I'll say it anyway, there is nothing wrong with listening to Beyonce, Rihanna, Nine Inch Nails, Fall Out Boy, Mogwai, The Libertines, My Chemical Romance, The Beatles, Nickelback, Weezer, The Pink Spiders, Bright Eyes, Soundgarden, From First to Last, or even Pearl Jam.

I seriously hope all those bands you hate continue to top the charts. To be honest I don't think it's a coincidence...

Nobody said you have to justify liking MCR. Liking them is just in bad taste......thats all. You may ask why its in bad taste, my answer to that is just for all the obvious reasons.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

• Nobody said you have to justify liking MCR. Liking them is just in bad taste......thats all. You may ask why its in bad taste, my answer to that is just for all the obvious reasons.
    mca47 wrote:
    I'm sorry, but there is no justification for anyone to like this band.
    I wasn't saying you.

There really is no bad taste, it's subjective.

Alex_Coe, I can't tell whether you're sarcastic or not with the way you're dropping your lol's and smilies.
  • Nobody said you have to justify liking MCR. Liking them is just in bad taste......thats all. You may ask why its in bad taste, my answer to that is just for all the obvious reasons.

Dude, seriously, drop it. "Liking them is just in bad taste"? You're so up your own ass it's not even funny.
    I wasn't saying you.

There really is no bad taste, it's subjective.

Alex_Coe, I can't tell whether you're sarcastic or not with the way you're dropping your lol's and smilies.

How could liking somebody like Kevin Federline or Paris Hilton as artists not be in bad taste? Their is such thing as bad taste, you will learn someday hopefully.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

Some of you guys are truly friggin' idiots.

Seriously, wtf people?

There is nothing "wrong" with liking those bands/groups, but you have to realize that making a tread about liking a band without much substance, who aren't overly musically talented, and have really nothing much else to offer...you HAVE to expect people to criticize them.
    As you mentioned...you don't have to justify liking a band, nobody does, BUT unless you post this on a MCR message board you should expect to see some criticism of that band.
    Take a look through ANY thread in the "Other Music" section, take a look at ANY other band's webpage that has something similar. You will find the same thing over and over again...criticism. You are right, you need not justify WHY you like a band...but you also shouldn't get so defensive and call people idiots and small minded because they a) don't like MCR and b) can't understand WHY someone would...and that should lead to your realization that "I don't have to justify my liking MCR to these guys".
  • mca47 wrote:
    There is nothing "wrong" with liking those bands/groups, but you have to realize that making a tread about liking a band without much substance, who aren't overly musically talented, and have really nothing much else to offer...you HAVE to expect people to criticize them.
    As you mentioned...you don't have to justify liking a band, nobody does, BUT unless you post this on a MCR message board you should expect to see some criticism of that band.
    Take a look through ANY thread in the "Other Music" section, take a look at ANY other band's webpage that has something similar. You will find the same thing over and over again...criticism. You are right, you need not justify WHY you like a band...but you also shouldn't get so defensive and call people idiots and small minded because they a) don't like MCR and b) can't understand WHY someone would...and that should lead to your realization that "I don't have to justify my liking MCR to these guys".

While I probably agree with you for the most part, I'd say their lead guitarist is pretty good.
  • tonadaxtonadax Posts: 594
    worst live band ever.........
  • Alex_CoeAlex_Coe Posts: 762

I'm being very, very sarcastic.
    So have you, just for declaring the bands that you listen to
    what bands am i allowed to like? i wanna know what i'm allowed to listen to, to keep my Pearl Jam fan status card
    www.lovecorealliance.com

11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

• mca47 wrote:
    If you've noticed I've only given a few people a hard time about the responses.
    I usually divide the responses into three categories and respond to each accordingly.

There are the "lol, MCR sux, gerard is ghey and cries like a pussy" responses which I typically try to ignore because those people are just idiots.

Then there are the "MCR sucks and no one should be allowed to like them, if you enjoy it there's something wrong with you and only my views on music are correct" which I then try to enlighten the poster to the fact that they are a pretentious jack-ass or at least make other posters aware of their ignorance.

And the third type which I don't see much around here is where the person actually gives a reason and maybe some insight into their musical taste. "Well, I don't like MCR, I don't like the lead singer's voice" or even "It's just not my style of music." You see the difference. I don't care whether or not people like the band, but there's a difference between stating your opinions and acting like an asshole and baiting. I didn't call anyone small minded because they don't like MCR, I'm criticizing them for saying that only their opinion on music can be right.

You said that there is no justification for liking this band. You said they have no substance and aren't very talented. I'm going to disagree with you and say they have both. What does it matter to you? I don't see why it's so difficult for some people to just accept that music is subjective and other people will like different music than them. Yes, there are people out there that think bands like Pearl Jam are talentless and have nothing to offer, but why worry about it.

I agree that people should be able to voice their opinions intelligently, but if they act like a baby while doing it they deserved to get called out. I don't think every single thread in Other Bands should consist of five pages of just discussing whether or not people should have the right to listen to the band. I think the purpose of this place is for actual discussion if people have nothing intelligent to add than just go and do something better with your life.
  • so im guessing pearl jam and oasis suck cause there corporate or is is it ok cause u like those bands.MCR first cd was amazing, the last 2 have sucked. i saw MCR in concert once before they got big and IT FUCKING ROCKED
    Yeah, not many people care about the first one and just usually think of Three Cheers as the first. That's cool that you heard of it, I really like it too.

I like the other ones but the first cd just has a feel to it that I can't describe, I really wish they would go back to that sound but I don't think it will happen. I think most people around here would actually like the first album, it's really different.

Where did you see them?
  • it's time for the "snobby but true" statement:

my chemical romance being recognized as a rock band is like shitting on canvas and calling it art.
    it's time for the "snobby but true" statement:

my chemical romance being recognized as a rock band is like shitting on canvas and calling it art.

Shitting on a canvas might be a bit too creative for MCR though.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

• it's time for the "snobby but true" statement:

Hey Chris, how are you doing tonight?
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    Yeah, not many people care about the first one and just usually think of Three Cheers as the first. That's cool that you heard of it, I really like it too.

I like the other ones but the first cd just has a feel to it that I can't describe, I really wish they would go back to that sound but I don't think it will happen. I think most people around here would actually like the first album, it's really different.

Where did you see them?
    there first cd is really good for a pop-punk band. i didnt like 3 cheers and i hate the new one, its to fake and emo.there never going back to there first now that have kissed ass with the big wigs, they will be back to playing clubs in 2 years as will taking back sunday. i saw mcr on the warped tour there first year on it, they were on one of the smaller stages and not alot of people were there to see it.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?