Worst voice in rock history...

Comments

• MellowMind wrote:
    Speaking of mellow mind, I'm damn surprised no one's said Neil Young yet.

His voice sucks. It really does. But goddamnit if I don't love it to death.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,757
    Vince Neil. I used to be a huge fan, but heard Kickstart My Heart on a (classic rock - I feel OLD) station the other day and had to cringe.
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • LiftedLifted Posts: 1,836
    Haijay wrote:
    anyone and everyone from the beatles

settle down. everyone is entitled to their own opinion but this statement goes too far. there is no way you can say anyone from the beatles has the worst voice in rock, and stop hating on the beatles. you're just trying to get a rise out of people. i know you were singing i wanna hold your hand with your mommy when you were a little kid. and you loved it. stop the hate on one of the greatest most important bands of all time. you know their songs and you love it.
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    Haijay wrote:

Maybe not the worst, but I find Paul McCartney in particular absolutely nauseating to listen to.
  • Haijay wrote:

Give me a break.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 MSG I, Fenway I, Fenway II
  • HaijayHaijay Posts: 379
    everybody thinks the beatles are just so great,best ever. pleez, the only reason they are put on a pedestal is because they were FIRST! if they were some band that came in 5-10 years into the "rock and roll" wave they would have been an "also ran". really think that over
  • Chad Kroger
    "I Will Scream my Lungs out 'til it fills this Room "

" I Will Feel Alive as Long as I am Free"

"Are We Getting SomeThing Out Of this All Encompassing Trip? Makes Much More Sense To Live In The Present Tense"

www.myspace.com/ehoff12982
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    whoever that idiot in alexisonfire is. the screamer. george pettit. fucking hell.
  • geniegenie Posts: 2,222
    hehe, i'm sure someone will tell me how dare i put Robert Plant in here as the worst voice in rock history. I love Led Zeppelin, but before i could actually enjoy the music i had to get used to his annoying voice.
  • Johnathon Davis's voice seriously pisses me off. And Patrick Stump from Fall Out Boy is nothing short of awful, IMO.
  • I personally cannot stand Glenn Danzig. When he was with the Misfits it wasn't too bad because he wasn't really singing but then he went on to do Danzig and tried singing. He just sounds like a bad Elvis impersonater to me.

And eventhough I don't think she is really a rock singer, I agree with whoever said Kate Bush. Horrid.
  • evenflow82 wrote:
    ben gibbard from death cab for cutey. He could not sound more like an over emotive emo wuss if he tried.

This has got to be the winner. I saw their performance on SNL and his voice disgusted me. It was clear that it was fixed up in the studio. It wasn't even the fact that his voice was bad either... he just simply could not sing.
    Stone Gossard...riffmeister extraordinaire!

I am a man, I am advanced.....I am the first man to borrow Stone's leather pants!
  • Haijay wrote:
    everybody thinks the beatles are just so great,best ever. pleez, the only reason they are put on a pedestal is because they were FIRST! if they were some band that came in 5-10 years into the "rock and roll" wave they would have been an "also ran". really think that over
    Yes, but they WERE the first. They changed the face music.

And I agree with the guy from Death Cab.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • tonadax wrote:
    My vote goes to Geddy Lee, others:

first one I thought of too
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
  • goto_lgoto_l Posts: 1,189
    Bob Dylan-Last night easily 50,000 of the 65,000 people @ ACL walked out after 3 songs, he was shockingly bad. I actually like his studio stuff, but he simply has nothing what so ever to offer now.
    You men eat your dinner
    Eat your pork and beans
    I eat more chicken
    Than any man ever seen

• Brandon Flowers is the worst singer of all time hands down. No question. Irritating!

He needs to lose the high pitch and grow some hair on his balls.
  • JPS79JPS79 Posts: 148
    the white stripes singer. never been a fan. a lot of love for them on the board so i'll duck out of here quickly.
    Seems the more you make
    equals the loneliness you get
  • Skooled wrote:
    not sure the name

but the lead singer of AC/DC

indeed!! his voice always scares me off :(
    I don't want to be the fool that's behind me but I am...

I'll Hold The Pain... Release...

Yourself
  • mindimindi Posts: 1,858
    I can't believe all the hate for Geddy. Can you imagine Rush without his singing????

My vote is for Ozzy. His voice is like nails on a chalkboard!
    To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    goto_l wrote:
    Bob Dylan-Last night easily 50,000 of the 65,000 people @ ACL walked out after 3 songs, he was shockingly bad. I actually like his studio stuff, but he simply has nothing what so ever to offer now.
    Are you serious? I called my sister to see what she thought, and she said she and her boyfriend were so disappointed. My sister already knew I had seen him a few years ago, and the show was mediocre at best. I'm glad I decided to skip ACL this year then. The day passes were extremely high and I'm sure that's why my sister and her boyfriend are so disappointed. I was going to go to see White stripes, and then Bob, if they had kept the line up the way it originally was. The Stripes original had 2 ACL shows and they canceled their entire tour, so guess I didn't miss too much according to my sister.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • NYbenbenNYbenben Posts: 1,020
    singer from Zebra.
    4/12/92, 8/11/92, 9/28/96, 9/11/98, 8/23/00, 8/24/00, 7/9/03, 4/30/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 12/9/05, 5/12/06, 5/17/06, 5/28/06, 6/3/06, 12/9/06, EV LA 4/12-4/13/08, 6/12/08, 6,19,08, 6,20,08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 7/1/08

and still jonesing for another show....
    "the waiting drove me mad..."
  • I hate the guy from Rush's voice
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • I hate the guy from Rush's voice

Me too, her screeching vocals could make my ears bleed
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • SchokiSchoki Posts: 5,072
    Scorpions
  • I can't stand Bob Dylan.

fuck him, he's no genius
    the Minions
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,183
    tonadax wrote:
    My vote goes to Geddy Lee, others:

Mick Jagger, listening to live Rolling Stones is a truly painful experience
    Perry Farrell, I personally can't stand him

With the title of this thread this could easily be about bashing G. Lee and Rush thread. With Lee it was never about his voice it was more about their musicianship and professionalism. That being said for others his voice appears to take some getting use to.

My choices Bob Dylan, can come up with some superb lyrics but that voice is hard to take. Billy Coogan was tough at first after hearing Zeigeist and SM for the first time this year. Like with G. Lee I have no problems at all.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Axl Rose. He sounds like some sort of cat in pain. His voice annoys the crap out of me.
    "If you were waiting for us, than we were waiting for you" E. Vedder 10-3-05

He who forgets will be destined to remember.
  • Jeff Ament
    NERDS!
  • lephtylephty Posts: 770
    Poncier wrote:

yeah.. this is definitely the winner