Worst voice in rock history...

Comments

• Alex_CoeAlex_Coe Posts: 762
    (:Smile:) wrote:
    i'd say the worst voices in rock history belong to all kinds of these sick bastards. well it is not even a voice but enjoy, subtitles included:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqM_MevFab0

after watching this, feeling of wanting to kick out the brains of these motherfuckers arises rapidly.

maybe he would feel better if his penis squirted beer or nacho cheese.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,851
    i'd say the worst voices in rock history belong to all kinds of these sick bastards. well it is not even a voice but enjoy, subtitles included:

after watching this, feeling of wanting to kick out the brains of these motherfuckers arises rapidly.

I excluded that entire genre from the thread
    most of those "singers" dont really sing but bark
  • While not the most "rock", if someone can mention Dylan then I gotta mention the true king:

Tom Waits

Of course i like most of his stuff for other reasons, but anyone who listens to him has to admit he's horrible in the singing department.

Another one that I'm a HUGE fan of that sucks is Les Claypool. His voice "fits" what he does musically but on it's own it's pretty bad.
  • TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    Geddy Lee???? Aww...I love him. I guess if the music does it for me, I am forgiving of the voice.
    I say the guy from Twisted Sister. Ugh.
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • chris01chris01 Posts: 559

Thats not singing, thats someone who needs cough medicine.
  • deadnotedeadnote Posts: 1,678
    i will put a vote in for my impression of shawn smith when i go a little to high
    set your laughter free

dreamer in my dream

we got the guns

i love you,but im..............callin out.........callin out
  • oppie1 wrote:
    are people not allowed to have opinions? i think chris has an AWFUL live voice...his studio voice isnt bad, cuz it can be mixed and everything.. but his live one sucks dick
    That's funny because his voice sounds much better live now than it does on the recording of Carry On.

Any emo or indie bands can go on the list along with Perry Farrell, Joe Satriani (as much as I love him) and Axl Rose, who is a good singer, but personally I can't stand him.
  • J mascis has a pretty bad voice.....love dino jr though...
  • ManimalManimal Posts: 152
    While not the most "rock", if someone can mention Dylan then I gotta mention the true king:

Tom Waits

Of course i like most of his stuff for other reasons, but anyone who listens to him has to admit he's horrible in the singing department.

Another one that I'm a HUGE fan of that sucks is Les Claypool. His voice "fits" what he does musically but on it's own it's pretty bad.

I agree with Bob Dylan, not much of a singer. But Tom Waits wants to sound like that.. I like his earlier voice closign time, The heart of Saturday night, more then his stuff on Swordfish or Rain Dogs. But I think that the way he wants to protray his music.
    DVD: http://db.etree.org/Manimal
    Posters: www.expressobeans.com/trader.php?id=Manimal&view=4
  • I can't make my mind up if Kim Gordon is the BEST or the WORST.
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    Jeanwah wrote:
    As much as I love Bob Dylan's lyrics and music, his voice has always repulsed me.
    Live in concert I would say yes, but on the albums it is really pretty good. I know it is production work in the studio that makes it sound decent though, but live it's terrible.

Most on my list have already been mentioned. I have to add Corin Tucker to the list- really bad. I do think she is hot though and Carrie is hot too.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    oppie1 wrote:
    are people not allowed to have opinions? i think chris has an AWFUL live voice...his studio voice isnt bad, cuz it can be mixed and everything.. but his live one sucks dick..

man, he's had some bad nights, but PLENTY where he can replicate the stuff he does on record....
  • I love Mick Jagger, but I honestly could see how he isn't for everyone.

As for Perry Ferrell, I couldn't imagine Janes Addiction with another singer.

My votes....

Blly Corgan
    Alanis Morissette
    Geddy Lee
    and whichever Gallagher sings for Oasis
    I love my female wife...
    we sit around and wonder exactly why our marriage should feel threatened by gay marriage
  • gleemonexgleemonex Posts: 848
    Geddy Lee and anything by either AC/DC singer.
    “Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It’s hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It’s round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you’ve got about a hundred years here. There’s only one rule that I know of, babies — ‘God damn it, you’ve got to be kind.’” - Kurt Vonnegut
  • Geddy Lee
    Courtney Love
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • suns rivalsuns rival Posts: 15,926
    meatloaf
    scratching my butt...
    kinakamot ang aking puwit...
    me rascando pompis...
    krap mijn reet...
    boku no ketsuoana o kizu...
    bahrosh teezy...
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    chris01 wrote:

The AC/DC singer's (Bon Scott?) voice is awesome, shame on you for saying otherwise. :)

i'd like to think they are referring to brian johnson, the 'new' singer. :D
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • darthvedder88darthvedder88 Posts: 1,023
    I'm gonna go with...

the singers from My Chemical Romance, Simple Plan, the Bravery, and The Academy Is..., and any of that other emo shit out there...
    "Darth Vader would say 'Impressive'."

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
    6/14/08 Manchester, Tennessee
  • pjfan020pjfan020 Posts: 426
    I'm gonna go with...

the singers from My Chemical Romance, Simple Plan, the Bravery, and The Academy Is..., and any of that other emo shit out there...

would have to agree completely but then again i don't even consider those bands rock.
    "Tonight we're just gonna play you some good old American Rock and Roll." tom petty-7-15-05
  • Brain of J.LoBrain of J.Lo Posts: 3,259
    Morrissey
    Geddy Lee
    Aaron Lewis
    Whoever the Linkin Park singer is

morrissey does not belong on this list. quit with the morrissey bashing!! :D
  • stu geestu gee Posts: 1,174
    Morrisey

and

Jack White
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
  • sasojsasoj Posts: 239
    muppet wrote:
    Billy Corgan. A great songwriter and he's obviously got plenty of fans so it must be a 'love it/hate it' thing but it's just annoying. That stuff in Zwan was horrible.

billy has a beautiful voice ...
    zwan was good ...
    for your love, jesus i, honestly ...
    the best songs ever written
    i love rock chicks
    Forgot about Billy Corgan. Written some good songs but dont like his voice all that much, Bullet With Butterfly wings was on television last night and my dad, who has very good taste in music, was laughing at his voice saying how terrible it sounded, i had to agree.
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
  • I'm gonna go with...

The Bravery is actually pretty decent. Some of their stuff is crap, but some of it's really good. I'm not a fan of "emo," and I don't know if I'd classify them as emo. The man has a good voice when he actually sings, and isn't whiny and nasal like many emo singers.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 MSG I, Fenway I, Fenway II
    stu gee wrote:
    Forgot about Billy Corgan. Written some good songs but dont like his voice all that much, Bullet With Butterfly wings was on television last night and my dad, who has very good taste in music, was laughing at his voice saying how terrible it sounded, i had to agree.

well ...
    BWBW won a grammy ...
    so your father missed the mark on that one ...
    BWBW is one of the anthmes of gen x
    BWBW is one of the most selling singles of all time
    i love rock chicks
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,853
    I hate the singer of Rush's voice
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    sasoj wrote:
    well ...
    BWBW won a grammy ...
    BWBW is one of the anthmes of gen x
    BWBW is one of the most selling singles of all time

It doesnt mean i have to like them because they won awards. Im putting my opinion about what rock voices i think are the worst in history in order to comply with the point of the thread.

Not trying to be rude but point out the bit where i said Billy Corgan has never won awards for his songs, or BWBW is not one of the anthems of gen, or indeed where i said it wasnt one of the biggest selling singles of all time.

Both my father and myself were dead centre, right bang on the mark when we expressed our opinions.
    stu gee wrote:
    It doesnt mean i have to like them because they won awards. Im putting my opinion about what rock voices i think are the worst in history in order to comply with the point of the thread.

Not trying to be rude but point out the bit where i said Billy Corgan has never won awards for his songs, or BWBW is not one of the anthems of gen, or indeed where i said it wasnt one of the biggest selling singles of all time.

Both my father and myself were dead centre, right bang on the mark when we expressed our opinions.

wrong ...
    you try to scream the chorus as billy can ...
    he has one of the best screams of all time ...
    he schooled his voice during the period 97-98, and he sing
    very good on adore and on TFE,
    ...TFE isnt a good album, but his voice sounds amazing ...
    just listen to strayz
    i love rock chicks
    sasoj wrote:
    wrong ...
    you try to scream the chorus as billy can ...
    he has one of the best screams of all time ...
    he schooled his voice during the period 97-98, and he sing
    very good on adore and on TFE,
    ...TFE isnt a good album, but his voice sounds amazing ...
    just listen to strayz

Once again the communication process has broken down...

It is MY PERSONAL OPINION that I DONT LIKE Billy Corgan's voice. Im not saying i could scream like him, but i wouldnt want to because i dont the sound of it.

There is no right and wrong way to answer what singer you personally dont like.
    stu gee wrote:
    Once again the communication process has broken down...

It is MY PERSONAL OPINION that I DONT LIKE Billy Corgan's voice. Im not saying i could scream like him, but i wouldnt want to because i dont the sound of it.

There is no right and wrong way to answer what singer you personally dont like.

hmmm...you have a point my schot freind ;)

well, free schotland
    i love rock chicks