Worst voice in rock history...

Comments

• stu geestu gee Posts: 1,174
    sasoj wrote:
    hmmm...you have a point my schot freind ;)

well, free schotland

Cool, im not saying you, or any of the people who like his voice are wrong for liking it, im just saying its not to my taste, that's all.

I actually dont mind some of the Smashing Pumpkins songs, ive got Melancholy... and the Best of album and he has written some excellent songs but im just not that big a fan of his voice.
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
  • TrailerTrailer Posts: 1,431
    The fairy from AFI. Man does that guy SUCK!
    Whoa, chill bro... you know you can't raise your voice like that when the lion's here.
  • I hate the singer of Rush's voice

easy to overlook when the band is just so fucking good. especially live- the drummer is a madman.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 MSG I, Fenway I, Fenway II
  • To anyone who has and will say Billy Corgan:

Fair enough, but you obviously haven't heard that bald little man scream. Good lord.

Edit:

Corgan's voice right now is almost accessable. It's less trebly and whiny - he actually sounds like what most people consider a 'singer' now. Personally I love his voice no matter how he's using it and the Pumpkins are my favorite band, so I'm not exactly unbiased,.. but his voice is downright pleasant on some of the boots I've heard from the last month or so on anyone's standards.

Also, he HAS won awards for his songs. To name one I know 1979 won a grammy and I believe they've won others including awards for the videos which are always outstanding.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    To anyone who has and will say Billy Corgan:

Fair enough, but you obviously haven't heard that bald little man scream. Good lord.

Edit:

Corgan's voice right now is almost accessable. It's less trebly and whiny - he actually sounds like what most people consider a 'singer' now. Personally I love his voice no matter how he's using it and the Pumpkins are my favorite band, so I'm not exactly unbiased,.. but his voice is downright pleasant on some of the boots I've heard from the last month or so on anyone's standards.

Also, he HAS won awards for his songs. To name one I know 1979 won a grammy and I believe they've won others including awards for the videos which are always outstanding.

I agree, seems a bit less whiny on the new stuff. I have always enjoyed his voice because there is so much real emotion in it and it is just distinct and different, goes very well with their music.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • I agree, seems a bit less whiny on the new stuff. I have always enjoyed his voice because there is so much real emotion in it and it is just distinct and different, goes very well with their music.
    Fuckin right. :)

"Make our day"
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,853
    easy to overlook when the band is just so fucking good. especially live- the drummer is a madman.

I agree that the musicianship is top-notch
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    I agree, seems a bit less whiny on the new stuff. I have always enjoyed his voice because there is so much real emotion in it and it is just distinct and different, goes very well with their music.

His voice does sound pretty good on the new stuff. The rock am ring show from Germany was really good. I was impressed. I've heard a few pumpkin boots where Corgan just screams the lyrics off key, and the music sounded way too distorded and unbalanced. Basically I mean, if he wasn't saying words in the mic, I'd have no idea what the hell they were playing. It seems like they like to be like Dylan and tweak their songs around and change the style of the musical arrangment, but I don't really like that sometimes cause it can come off horrible. I remember he did this at the Houston 98 show, and for those who couldn't get tix (sold out in 5 minutes) for the 3000 seat theater, the radio station played the show on air. It sounded terrible. Zero was God awful, BWBFW sucked (well it sucks live anyway sorry. whoever played piano on that tour, it sounded out of town and the show was unbearable. Whoever played drums that tour (it wasn't Chamberlin), was doing all kinds of weird stuff, and it sounded like banging on a trash can lid with absolutely no rythm. I don't know if it was a jam session or what, but it was obnoxious. I turned off the radio and the tape I was recording, it was that bad. Hearing that show made me glad I saved 50 bucks.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • red mos wrote:
    His voice does sound pretty good on the new stuff. The rock am ring show from Germany was really good. I was impressed. I've heard a few pumpkin boots where Corgan just screams the lyrics off key, and the music sounded way too distorded and unbalanced. Basically I mean, if he wasn't saying words in the mic, I'd have no idea what the hell they were playing. It seems like they like to be like Dylan and tweak their songs around and change the style of the musical arrangment, but I don't really like that sometimes cause it can come off horrible. I remember he did this at the Houston 98 show, and for those who couldn't get tix (sold out in 5 minutes) for the 3000 seat theater, the radio station played the show on air. It sounded terrible. Zero was fod awful, BWBFW sucked (well it sucks live anyway sorry. whoever played piano on that tour, it sounded out of town and the show was unbearable. I turned off the radio and the tape I was recording, it was that bad.
    That's strange,.. all of the 98 era shows and onward that I've heard sound fantastic. Corgan from 1996 back wasn't a very good live singer but he got damn good at it during the MCIS tour.

"Make our day"
  • evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,891
    ben gibbard from death cab for cutey. He could not sound more like an over emotive emo wuss if he tried.
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
    evenflow82 wrote:
    ben gibbard from death cab for cutey. He could not sound more like an over emotive emo wuss if he tried.

True, I find their music a bit too boring as well
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

• dannydanny Posts: 2,278
    green day singer
    danny d
  • IndianSummerIndianSummer Posts: 854
    the Firehouse singer is the worst.

followed by the second of the dream theater vocalists
    I have faced it, A life wasted...

Take my hand, my child of love
    Come step inside my tears
    Swim the magic ocean,
    I've been crying all these years
  • bookmusebookmuse Posts: 277
    The singer from Ratt is the worst. A guy I work with had a unplugged CD and it was so badddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd.
    "Speak your mind even if your voice shakes" ~ M Kuhn
  • lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    This whole thread is pretty funny, cos actually very few successful bands are fronted by great singers. I think that's what makes them entertaining. Technically great singers seem to be good a Xmas albums and singing the classics for teh grannies, but for gritty rock, you need a howling mess.
    The heart of the pudding is seen when perople do covers.
    There was a tribute album for a guy called MArc Hunter here in Oz a couple years ago, an all our "great Aussie singers" covered stuff, and TBH , they are ALL so bad it is excrutiating to listen to.
    Ed is a notable exception, as is James Hetfield.
    Most stars can only sing their own stuff.

I'm gonna vote for Justin Hawkins, that whooe 80's revival thing he tried on was unforgivable, The Darkness was just shit through and through, camp crap !!! He shopuld be flogged for just hold ing a fucking Les Paul !!
    Music is not a competetion.
  • Billy Corgan
    Brandon Boyd
    Ozzy Osbourne (1980-)
    Pete Doherty
    Liam Gallagher
  • stu geestu gee Posts: 1,174
    To anyone who has and will say Billy Corgan:

Edit:

Ive heard enough of Corgan's screaming to know that i dont like the sound of it. So what if he HAS won awards, that doesnt mean people HAVE to like it. I like 1979 but i just dont particularly like his voice.
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
  • SongburstSongburst Posts: 1,195
    Rushlimbo wrote:
    Chris Cornell, hands down a terrible singer.

I can't believe it took 23 posts for someone to post this garbage. I thought the Cornell trolls would be much quicker than that. To stay within these lines, my vote goes to Eddie Vedder.
    1/12/1879, 4/8/1156, 2/6/1977, who gives a shit, ...
  • sasojsasoj Posts: 239
    stu gee wrote:
    Ive heard enough of Corgan's screaming to know that i dont like the sound of it. So what if he HAS won awards, that doesnt mean people HAVE to like it. I like 1979 but i just dont particularly like his voice.

hey disco stu ;)

no offense ...
    but move on
    we talked already about cowboy bill
    i love rock chicks
  • bladworth116bladworth116 Posts: 344
    Wes Scantlin (Puddle of Mudd) is just horrid
    anything by Paul McCartney makes my ears bleed
    Bono sounds completely pedestrian at times
    Chad Kroeger of Nickelback sounds like a male version of Cher to me
    I love The Tragically Hip but Gord Downie's voice can grate on me at times
  • mattosbornemattosborne Posts: 339
    My vote is for the guy from My Chemical Romance. No doubt about it. Scott Stapp would be a close 2nd.
    The Official Matt Cameron appreciation signature!
    My vote is for the guy from My Chemical Romance. No doubt about it. Scott Stapp would be a close 2nd.

They arent rock
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

• oppie1oppie1 Posts: 755
    They arent rock
    and neither is oasis
    BoyHitsCar Masked Street Team
    www.lovecorealliance.com

Upcoming boyhitscar concerts:
    11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

www.myspace.com/briankutys
    oppie1 wrote:
    and neither is oasis

Neither is that shit yelling that you listen to
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

• esther1977esther1977 Posts: 540
    Matthew Bellamy from Muse
    When all your dreams turn to dust, vacuum
    When all else fails, read the instruction
  • oppie1oppie1 Posts: 755
    Neither is that shit yelling that you listen to
    hello kettle.. meet pot...

you calling my music shit.. have you heard the garbage you listen to
    BoyHitsCar Masked Street Team
    www.lovecorealliance.com

Upcoming boyhitscar concerts:
    11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

www.myspace.com/briankutys
  • stu gee wrote:
    I was just responding to someone stating (obviously without any knowledge of the subject) that the SP never won awards for their songs or something.

"Make our day"
    oppie1 wrote:
    hello kettle.. meet pot...

you calling my music shit.. have you heard the garbage you listen to

Many more people would agree that bands like Lamb of God and Mudvayne are actual shit than people would with Oasis.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

• Many more people would agree that bands like Lamb of God and Mudvayne are actual shit than people would with Oasis.
    They're total shit. Oasis is quite good at times. At least they had Wonderwall and Champagne Supernova.

"Make our day"
  • Fender_ManFender_Man Posts: 408
    Geddy Lee's voice is just right for Rush songs, wouldn't have anyone else. Can't listen to "Feedback" though (covers album), his voice annoys the fuck out of me on this.
    Love Paul Rodgers voice and always had a soft spot for Queen , but Paul Rodgers and Queen! Hated it!