Morrissey
    Geddy Lee
    Aaron Lewis
    Whoever the Linkin Park singer is
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • ToolgardenToolgarden Posts: 88
    The thing I find most annoying is singers who put on a fake affect when they sing. That "new shoes" guy comes to mind, whatever his name is. Basically people who don't sing like they speak, if that makes sense. I have had a lot of bourbon tonight.... Whew.
    "Should I tell you my room is walled up? In what way might I leave it? Here is how; Goodwill knows no obstacle. Nothing can stand before a deep desire. All I have to do is imagine a door." -Schultz

Trading stories with the leaves instead
  • SkooledSkooled Posts: 147
    not sure the name

but the lead singer of AC/DC
  • parel jamparel jam Posts: 7,223
    That singer of Simply Red,

awek!!
    ♪♫♪♫♫

http://youtube.com/watch?v=U_-WGNRyRzU

♪♫♪♫♫
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    parel jam wrote:
    That singer of Simply Red,

awek!!

Mick Hucknell, I agree is atrocious, but he isnt really a rock singer.

Justin Hawkins of the Darkness gets my vote, irritating, whinny, he makes me want to beat him violently until he is incapable of singing again.
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    Tom Delonge (sp?) from Blink 182 has an awful voice, in that song Miss You when he starts singing the "where are you?" bit it sounds fucking terrible, and highly irritating!

I must also concur with others about Mick Hucknell, I don't care if he's not rock, his voice grates like no other.
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    Tom DeLonge, yes horrible singer, yuck.
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • pirlo21pirlo21 Posts: 534
    I'm gonna say Perry Farrell as well. Not that he's the worst exactly, just that I love the band. With a better singer, they would be much greater in my opinion. Some may say his voice adds character...I'm not so sure.
    Cymru Am Byth

PJ albums, at the moment!! -
    1,Vs 2,Vitalogy 3,No Code 4,Yield 5,Ten 6,Backspacer, 7Pearl Jam 8,Binaural 9,Riot Act.
  • ArctangentArctangent Posts: 614
    tonadax wrote:
    My vote goes to Geddy Lee

poor geddy. i love rush!

my vote would go for axl rose.
  • JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    As much as I love Bob Dylan's lyrics and music, his voice has always repulsed me.
  • CollinCollin Posts: 4,931
    Jeanwah wrote:
    As much as I love Bob Dylan's lyrics and music, his voice has always repulsed me.

All of them?
    THANK YOU, LOSTDAWG!

naděje umírá poslední
  • Alex_CoeAlex_Coe Posts: 762
    Toolgarden wrote:
    The thing I find most annoying is singers who put on a fake affect when they sing. That "new shoes" guy comes to mind, whatever his name is. Basically people who don't sing like they speak, if that makes sense. I have had a lot of bourbon tonight.... Whew.

I think the word you are looking for is "falsetto".
  • tonadax wrote:
    My vote goes to Geddy Lee, others:

Mick Jagger, listening to live Rolling Stones is a truly painful experience
    Perry Farrell, I personally can't stand him

oh man, thank you...I thought I was the only person who cant stand perry farrell
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • chris01chris01 Posts: 559
    in that song Miss You when he starts singing the "where are you?" bit it sounds fucking terrible, and highly irritating!

I love that part of the song.... i piss myself everytime i hear it cause he sounds like a little kid recording himself shouting.

Billy Corgan has a pretty bad voice, i love SP but, and he is one of my fav song writers, but yeah, not the best voice.

Why is Hucknell in this thread?.... its rock singer not pop.

Anthony Kiedis voice is pretty bad too, but once again, i still love RHCP.

The AC/DC singer's (Bon Scott?) voice is awesome, shame on you for saying otherwise. :)
  • pirlo21pirlo21 Posts: 534
    oh man, thank you...I thought I was the only person who cant stand perry farrell

No you're not alone. Just ask Chris Cornell !! Jesus Christ Pose!!
    Cymru Am Byth

PJ albums, at the moment!! -
    1,Vs 2,Vitalogy 3,No Code 4,Yield 5,Ten 6,Backspacer, 7Pearl Jam 8,Binaural 9,Riot Act.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,851
    this one is easy

james hetfield sp??? from metallica
    easily the worst singer ever

I never understood how people could listen to him sing
  • chris05chris05 Posts: 347
    chad kroooger
    Who cares if the world is going down the toilet? Eddie Vedder got his mojo back!
  • pjfan020pjfan020 Posts: 426
    anthony keidis, bob dylan, neil young, billy corgan, brian johnson and a lot of other classic rockers have bad voices but i still love their music. I'd have to go with scott stapp as the worst voice. I can't stand his vocals and the music and lyrics suck as well. I would put geddy lee as my vote but rush is just too fucking good of a band and they definitely make up for the vocals
    "Tonight we're just gonna play you some good old American Rock and Roll." tom petty-7-15-05
  • muppetmuppet Posts: 980
    Billy Corgan. A great songwriter and he's obviously got plenty of fans so it must be a 'love it/hate it' thing but it's just annoying. That stuff in Zwan was horrible.
  • parel jamparel jam Posts: 7,223
    chris01 wrote:

Why is Hucknell in this thread?.... its rock singer not pop.

Don't care if it's pop or rock. I really really hate his voice...when I hear it on the radio, I turn it down. When I'm in a bar, I will either go to the toilet or walk away for 5 minutes...yikes...
    ♪♫♪♫♫

http://youtube.com/watch?v=U_-WGNRyRzU

♪♫♪♫♫
  • RushlimboRushlimbo Posts: 832
    Chris Cornell, hands down a terrible singer.
    War is Peace
    Freedom is Slavery
    Ignorance is Strength
  • CServantCServant Posts: 1,182
    Jeanwah wrote:

I 2nd that! That's the reason everyone covers his songs, great writing, great music, but lacking vocals.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain
  • Rushlimbo wrote:

Wrong, but you're entitled to be, I guess.;)
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • oppie1oppie1 Posts: 755
    another vote for Billy Corgan.. his voice is awful.. i cannot stand him or SP...
    BoyHitsCar Masked Street Team
    www.lovecorealliance.com

Upcoming boyhitscar concerts:
    11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

www.myspace.com/briankutys
  • rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,968
    Perry Ferrel really brings that diverse sound to Jane's Addiction that other bands don't really seem to bring the way they do.

The guy from Fall Out Boy, Panic at the Disco, AFI, 30 Seconds to Mars...ummm...yeah you know what I'm talking about.
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    Rushlimbo wrote:

Thats a more controversial statement on this forum than if you said Eddie Vedder was the worst
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

• oppie1oppie1 Posts: 755
    Thats a more controversial statement on this forum than if you said Eddie Vedder was the worst
    are people not allowed to have opinions? i think chris has an AWFUL live voice...his studio voice isnt bad, cuz it can be mixed and everything.. but his live one sucks dick

i do wanna add Liam and Noel Gallagher to the wost voices too..
    BoyHitsCar Masked Street Team
    www.lovecorealliance.com

Upcoming boyhitscar concerts:
    11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

www.myspace.com/briankutys
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    oppie1 wrote:
    are people not allowed to have opinions? i think chris has an AWFUL live voice...his studio voice isnt bad, cuz it can be mixed and everything.. but his live one sucks dick

I was saying that about other users, I am personally not a big fan
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

• (:Smile:)(:Smile:) Posts: 117
    i'd say the worst voices in rock history belong to all kinds of these sick bastards. well it is not even a voice but enjoy, subtitles included:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqM_MevFab0

after watching this, feeling of wanting to kick out the brains of these motherfuckers arises rapidly.
    The man they call my enemy, I've seen his eyes
    He looks just like me, a mirror

The more you read, we've been deceived
    Everyday it becomes clearer,...

Clearer.