mole1985mole1985 Posts: 1,119
    not far off 24 hours to go!!!!
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    wash_ wrote:
    He's not going. He thinks Chris Cornell is a "greasy monkey". But he hopes we all have a lovely time!
    from the only guy we know that actually 'liked' My Morning Jacket :rolleyes:
  • Options
    wash_wash_ Posts: 1,073
    Pegasus wrote:
    from the only guy we know that actually 'liked' My Morning Jacket :rolleyes:

He liked them? Really?! Tut tut!!
    2006 ░▒▓ Astoria, Dublin, Leeds, Reading, Lisbon, Paris, Verona, Athens
    2007 ░▒▓ London, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009 ░▒▓ Manchester, London
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

*§* Music is all the juice i'll need *§*
  • Options
    pdh1978pdh1978 Posts: 211
    Yielded wrote:
    I'm going to see him in Paris tonight, couldn't make it to the London gig and since I know people in Paris I've got a place to crash out after the gig.
    I'll be sure to report back!

So how was it Yielded? Details please? :)
    If you all stop hitting refresh for just two minutes, I can buy my tickets...
  • Options
    facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    I just read this on the Chris Cornell message board:

I'll try to remember, the song are not in the right order, I forgot 1 or 2 old song, I don't know them (shame on me !)

Spoonman
    Outshined
    Original Fire
    She'll never be your man
    What you are
    No such thing
    Hunger strike
    Seasons
    I am the highway
    Can't change me
    Doesn't remind me
    You know my name
    Billie Jean
    Rusty cage
    Cochise
    Mission
    Jesus Christ pose
    Call me a dog
    Redemption song
    Say Hello to heaven
    Black hole sun
    Like a stone
  • Options
    given to flygiven to fly Posts: 654
    looks awesome! really excited about tonight now.

unfortunately i probably won't be able to get to the pub until late afternoon though :(
    20.04.06, 23.08.06, 27.08.06, 14.09.06, 16.09.06, 17.09.06, 19.09.06, 20.09.06, 18.06.07
  • Options
    Just got my fingers crossed for Say hello 2 heaven tonight, I'll be a bit gutted if he doesn't play it - I wanna hear that song at least once in my life time!
  • Options
    Does anyone know of someone who needs a ticket? Vicki isnt replying and I need to get rid of it.
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

• Options
    Got now 1 Spare for today.
    PM/MSN me before 2pm (after you'll have to find me at the George ;)
  • Options
    Pegasus wrote:
    Got now 1 Spare for today.
    PM/MSN me before 2pm (after you'll have to find me at the George ;)

Blimey! You aswell!

Everyone is dropping like flies!
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

• Options
    wash_ wrote:
    Blimey! You aswell!

Everyone is dropping like flies!
    nah..Claudio ended up with the tickets from RiffJam so the one I had for him is now available.
    And Vedder_Soup has now taken it :)

Don't worry Emma, even if Vicki doesn't come, I'm sure there'll be plenty of desperate souls out front happy to pay a normal price rahter than a tout.
  • Options
    Pegasus wrote:
    Don't worry Emma, even if Vicki doesn't come, I'm sure there'll be plenty of desperate souls out front happy to pay a normal price rahter than a tout.

Thats what Im hoping! Vicki definitely cant make it now. Work stuff. :(
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

• Options
    30 mins left at work and im now getting butterflies :D
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

• Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    wash_ wrote:
    30 mins left at work and im now getting butterflies :D

same here :)

just finished my exam and getting ready
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    I've just won a meet & greet with CC tonight (with tickets thrown in)...

I THEREFORE HAVE TWO SPARE TICKETS FOR TONIGHT.. Face value...

Let me know quickly.. leaving in 1/2 hour....
  • Options
    given to flygiven to fly Posts: 654
    right, i'm off out for lunch. see you all later. i have my phone back now, btw....
    20.04.06, 23.08.06, 27.08.06, 14.09.06, 16.09.06, 17.09.06, 19.09.06, 20.09.06, 18.06.07
  • Options
    I'll be leaving at 2ish so will be there (the George) by 2.30 at the latest ...the advantage of cycling ;)

see you all there :)
  • Options
    For those that were in Paris last night, was there a support act?
  • Options
    KELLYS LEASHKELLYS LEASH Posts: 184
    Now that i've seen the setlist for the other shows i'm pretty gutted I didnt buy tickets...
    29/05/00 -Wembley
    20/04/06 - The Astoria alley crew + got to shake Ed's hand
    25/04/06 -Jools Show + got Mike's autograph
    27/08/06- 07/09/06- 09/09/06-13/09/06-17/09/06-13/06/07-18/06/07
    ...Three crooked hearts and swirls all around...
  • Options
    YieldedYielded Posts: 839
    Okay, sorry for not replying earlier, I just got back from Paris. Great city, hadn't been there in years!

The venue ("Showcase") was really nice, it's an old boat hangar they remodeled into a nightclub/concert kind of thing.

On to the actual show: No opener. Chris took the stage 20 minutes late, but I don't think anyone really cared after the first song, which was Spoonman. They went right into Outshined and after that they played the Audioslave song Original Fire. They also played You Know My Name (the track from the last Bond movie).
    I can't remember all the tunes and the order but they also played Say Hello 2 Heaven, Rusty Cage, Black Hole Sun, Cochise... Chris also did a couple of acoustic breaks (just him and his acoustic: "Hey, I just got this new guitar, whaddaya think?" *crowd cheers* "It says Elvis Presley on it!" *points to headstock*) He played Call Me a Dog ("My wife really likes when I play this song to her"), Redemption Song, I Am The Highway, Can't Change Me (from Euphoria Morning).
    BUT! The highlight of the show was - Jesus Christ Pose! And I can tell you, Chris still has it!

As you can tell, the show was totally awesome so if you can catch him on tour this year - GO!

Best quote: "It's great to be back... AND I get to sleep in my own bed *yeah*!"
    "We get these pills to swallow... how they stick in your throat... Tastes like gold..."
  • Options
    Wooo! Absolutely fucking fantastic!!!

As soon as they kicked off Spoonman, it just felt as though it was going to be a great, great gig. And it was!

Highlight had to be JCP, most definitely, even if the start was so garbled that the crowd only knew it was JCP when Chris struck a JCP...

I thought he might be fading a bit now, and with so many concerts in a short space, but MAN was his voice strong.

Only slight disappointment for me was no Revelations and no Pretty Noose - he obviously doesn't like 3rd albums right??

So, to sum up - Absolutely fucking fantastic!!!
  • Options
    airotsa06airotsa06 Posts: 23
    pdh1978 wrote:
    Wooo! Absolutely fucking fantastic!!!

As soon as they kicked off Spoonman, it just felt as though it was going to be a great, great gig. And it was!

Highlight had to be JCP, most definitely, even if the start was so garbled that the crowd only knew it was JCP when Chris struck a JCP...

I thought he might be fading a bit now, and with so many concerts in a short space, but MAN was his voice strong.

Only slight disappointment for me was no Revelations and no Pretty Noose - he obviously doesn't like 3rd albums right??

So, to sum up - Absolutely fucking fantastic!!!

Agreed - enormously talented individual and great performance although the "band" needs to back off - very talented though they are, there's no Mike, Stone, Matt or Jeffs amongst them - consensus after the event is that EV would take CC in most gym tests.

"Special Guest(s)" item was also a bit of a disappointment.......................
  • Options
    airotsa06 wrote:
    Agreed - enormously talented individual and great performance although the "band" needs to back off - very talented though they are, there's no Mike, Stone, Matt or Jeffs amongst them - consensus after the event is that EV would take CC in most gym tests.

"Special Guest(s)" item was also a bit of a disappointment.......................

Oh yeah, contrary to what some people on this board would have you believe, there was no appearance of Eddie for a duet on Hunger Strike. Just some actor doing keyboards on the James Bond tune.

I have to disagree on the band though. I thought they were excellent. Although, I did go into the gig with very low expectations on how they were going to sound. They were kind of how a very, very good cover band would have sounded. Which is essentially what they are, after all...
  • Options
    One of the best gigs ever.

I cant believe how much soundgarden was played! I've stayed away from looking at previous setlists as I wanted it to be a surprise....and by fuck was I surprised!!!

Yogi is awesome!!
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

• Options
    Tonight was incredible, front row right in the middle - don't get better than that! Plus I got Chris' setlist at the end!!

They played:

Spoonman
    Outshined
    Show me how to live
    Arms around your love
    You know my name (with David Arnold)
    Hunger strike
    What you are
    Rusty cage
    Be yourself
    Seasons
    I am the highway (Chris Solo)
    Can't change me (Chris solo)
    Scar on the sky (Chris solo)
    Doesn't remind me (half solo/half band)
    Cochise
    Billy jean
    No such thing
    Jesus christ pose
    Mission
    Like a stone
    Black hole sun
    Sunshower
    Loud love
    Slaves and Bulldozers

think that is correct, a couple of the songs deviated from the actual setlist though.

I got some pretty cool pics which I'll post tomorrow. What a fucking show!!!!
  • Options
    bertanbertan Posts: 266
    did the people in the very first row bug anyone else? they didn't move, didn't jump, didn't show any enthusiasm. it's difficult to go nuts when the person in front of you is standing still. and by going nuts, i don't mean mosh pits and crowd surfing, just good old fashioned jumping, headbanging and screaming your lungs out. he played first 4 songs of badmotorfinger for fuck's sake, how could people stand still ?!?!

anyway, that's enough bitching (i had to do it, this board feeds on bitching :) ). they did play loads of soundgarden and that was great, i wish they played something from down on the upside, pretty noose would be just amazing. i arrived the venue around 6 and they were playing burden in my hand for soundcheck, that would be great as well.

just one temple of the dog song was kind of a disappointment, but i'm not gonna bitch about the setlist, there are just too many good songs :D

one last thing, chris is still the best singer out there, man he was great...
    "hey na na na na hey that's something"

30.09.2006 Athens | 18.06.2007 London | 18.08.2009 London | 05.07.2014 Werchter | 17.07.2018 London | 08.07.2022 London
  • Options
    jack_bass_playerjack_bass_player Posts: 1,126
    so jealous of all you people that got to see cornell last night

that setlist is amazing
    2006 - Astoria, Dublin, Leeds
    2007 - London
    2009 - London, Manchester, London
    2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2
    2012 - Isle of Wight, Manchester x2
  • Options
    solace23solace23 Posts: 704
    Was absolutely Amazing- his voice sounded so good..

One of the best gigs i've seen in a long time
  • Options
    Awesome, awesome gig. The best Chris' voice as been on the tour so far. The only songs that were missing were Say Hello 2 Heaven, Original Fire, Pretty Noose and Burden In My Hand but the setlist was still brilliant.
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Tonight was incredible, front row right in the middle - don't get better than that! Plus I got Chris' setlist at the end!!

I got some pretty cool pics which I'll post tomorrow. What a fucking show!!!!

Thanks for posting the setlist :)

Good to meet you ... but damn my short arms not being able to reach any setlists :o

Look forward to seeing the pictures

EDIT: none of the changes to the setlist included Say Hello 2 Heaven did they ???
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?