Options

Chris Cornell in UK in June

Comments

• Options
    The VacantThe Vacant Posts: 271
    pdh1978 wrote:
    Only slight disappointment for me was no Revelations and no Pretty Noose - he obviously doesn't like 3rd albums right??

Pretty Noose isn't on a third album. Badmotorfinger is the third Soundgarden album, and he hits that one pretty hard (Rusty Cage, Outshined, Slaved & Bulldozers, Jesus Christ Pose) in relation to other albums.
  • Options
    facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    bertan wrote:
    did the people in the very first row bug anyone else? they didn't move, didn't jump, didn't show any enthusiasm. it's difficult to go nuts when the person in front of you is standing still. and by going nuts, i don't mean mosh pits and crowd surfing, just good old fashioned jumping, headbanging and screaming your lungs out. he played first 4 songs of badmotorfinger for fuck's sake, how could people stand still ?!?!

I was on the front row, problem is, when you have a crowd of people pushing you into a metal barrier which is about chest height, it's next to impossible to jump - your more focussed on trying to breathe and stuff like that!! My ribs are aching like a bitch today, plus I had someones's elbows in my back for half the show, which was nice!!!
  • Options
    Chime wrote:
    Thanks for posting the setlist :)

Good to meet you ... but damn my short arms not being able to reach any setlists :o

Look forward to seeing the pictures

EDIT: none of the changes to the setlist included Say Hello 2 Heaven did they ???

Nice to meet you too!

No the changes were just songs that were added, Chris' solo acoustic thing is just listed as 'Cornell' on the list, so I guess he just plays what he feels like playing at that time.

Should have my photos up tonight.
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    they were 1/2 hour late letting us in and 20mn starting..but then he was 20mn finishing too so it's ok :p

really good show, his voice is on top form.
    Crowd was very clearly more Soundgarden-fans than Cornell himself...the Bond song I found boring before..live performance did not improve it.
    The Billie Jean version on the other hand is really great!

I thought the band was very good, particularly Yogi :) (guess since Wash_ and I were both Mike-side in front of him we might be biaised ;)..and he's almost as generous with his picks as Mike too..)

found it interesting that they've given up on even trying to sing Ed's part in Hunger Strike (the guy only did the chorus vocals).. though it made it quite weird and not so interesting..we really need CC to show up at Wembley and do it properly ;)

And it was very nice to see everyone again, albeit some very briefly (Randall?), very nice warm up for the tour.

Now, Redrock, we need that report on the M&G :D

PS: Audio coming shortly..well, in the next few days..
  • Options
    pdh1978pdh1978 Posts: 211
    The Vacant wrote:
    Pretty Noose isn't on a third album. Badmotorfinger is the third Soundgarden album, and he hits that one pretty hard (Rusty Cage, Outshined, Slaved & Bulldozers, Jesus Christ Pose) in relation to other albums.

Alright, so I should have said 'he doesn't like last albums right?'
    If you all stop hitting refresh for just two minutes, I can buy my tickets...
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    Pegasus wrote:
    they were 1/2 hour late letting us in and 20mn starting..but then he was 20mn finishing too so it's ok :p

really good show, his voice is on top form.
    Crowd was very clearly more Soundgarden-fans than Cornell himself...the Bond song I found boring before..live performance did not improve it.
    The Billie Jean version on the other hand is really great!

I thought the band was very good, particularly Yogi :) (guess since Wash_ and I were both Mike-side in front of him we might be biaised ;)..and he's almost as generous with his picks as Mike too..)

found it interesting that they've given up on even trying to sing Ed's part in Hunger Strike (the guy only did the chorus vocals).. though it made it quite weird and not so interesting..we really need CC to show up at Wembley and do it properly ;)

And it was very nice to see everyone again, albeit some very briefly (Randall?), very nice warm up for the tour.

Now, Redrock, we need that report on the M&G :D

PS: Audio coming shortly..well, in the next few days..

I might disagree.. audioslave songs got the biggest cheers. The pit up here wasn't that big for stuff like jesus christ pose

but yeah, he really was on top form. I was queuing up and hear soundchecking and he was just booming
  • Options
    still trying to proces it all. sunshower was absolutely beautiful but seasons was my personal highlight. To hear so much of bmf was great.

did anyone else actually prefer the audioslave songs minus the rage guys? i was loving audioslave songs that previously did little for me.

I know there was no say hello to heaven or dotu stuff, but the thing is, he played for over 2 and a half hours, so u cldnt ask for more. He'll be back! and hopefully we will hear them then,

loved all the new songs live, scar on the sky is gorgeous!

He is clearly in the best form of his life right now, both personally and professionally. He certainly didnt sing that well on the audioslave or last sg tour and I'd go as far to say he's on better vocal form than EM as well.

If you havent seen him this tour, hesitate no longer...

roll on june 24th (or 18th?)
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    (or 18th?)
    hehe.....
  • Options
    belfast1belfast1 Posts: 780
    what an amazin setlist!

right - i'm off to crank some soundgarden on the stereo - watch out garden birdies
    dublin 1996 london 2000 dublin 2006 prague 2006 copenhagen 2007 london 2007 rotterdam 2009 london 2009 dublin 2010 belfast 2010 vienna 2014 amsterdam 2014 london 2018
  • Options
    CazpjCazpj Posts: 58
    Last night was ridiculously good! Was at the front, right in front of Yogi.

I had a cool moment during Like a Stone where Chris was getting everyone to sing along. Yogi was singing the chorus as obviously was I and we caught each other's eye and exchanged a grin, and then he threw his pick to me - which I caught as a complete fluke, I just reached up for it in the dark and caught between my fingers!

Agree with the poster who said Sunshower was amazing - but the whole thing was great. I couldn't have enjoyed it more.
    4/20/06 Astoria
    8/29/06 Arnhem
    9/11/06 Paris
    6/18/07 London
  • Options
    bertanbertan Posts: 266
    I was on the front row, problem is, when you have a crowd of people pushing you into a metal barrier which is about chest height, it's next to impossible to jump - your more focussed on trying to breathe and stuff like that!! My ribs are aching like a bitch today, plus I had someones's elbows in my back for half the show, which was nice!!!

i was on the right side, between chris and the guitarist (i don't know his name), and it wasn't that crowded, they had space, that's what bugged me so much. anyway, i know what you mean, had the same thing in pearl jam, hardly managed to jump at even flow :)

did anyone else actually prefer the audioslave songs minus the rage guys? i was loving audioslave songs that previously did little for me.

i have to say i do. the little solo they played for show me how to live was so good. i've never seen audioslave live but in the videos i've seen, chris didn't seem totally comfortable. yesterday he did :D
    "hey na na na na hey that's something"

30.09.2006 Athens | 18.06.2007 London | 18.08.2009 London | 05.07.2014 Werchter | 17.07.2018 London | 08.07.2022 London
  • Options
    V VV V Posts: 5,191
    wow a GREAT show :D

3rd row middle right at chris feet just like I was for Ed ;) woooooo

some great songs couldnt ask for a better set :)

wonderful and sexy !
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • Options
    Cazpj wrote:
    Last night was ridiculously good! Was at the front, right in front of Yogi.

I had a cool moment during Like a Stone where Chris was getting everyone to sing along. Yogi was singing the chorus as obviously was I and we caught each other's eye and exchanged a grin, and then he threw his pick to me - which I caught as a complete fluke, I just reached up for it in the dark and caught between my fingers!

Agree with the poster who said Sunshower was amazing - but the whole thing was great. I couldn't have enjoyed it more.
    seems the whole front row was PJ fans..I was right next to you I believe :)
  • Options
    cazpj, did i meet u in the queue with ur mate helena and my mate richard? long shot but hi and glad u got ur memento!

i went to the front, upstairs. im old. and, i need to feel like i can get out if i need to, which i cant on the barrier at the front these days.

fingers crossed for 18th! how was the meet n greet redrock? i ll bet he was knackered. after that id want a honey and lemon tea and my bed.

my boyfriend was surprised at the bmf presence. he couldnt stand em, so was well chuffed.

the bond tune is a great lil ditty! boring? er...maybe i was elsewhere.
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,859
    i loved the show last night. best show i have seen in a while, and a great way to kick off the summer gigs :)
    yogi was great, and the drummer was pretty good as well, especially the solo in slaves and bulldozers
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    pdh1978pdh1978 Posts: 211
    Have all the people who liked Yogi seen that he's playing his own free gig in London tonight? It's on his myspace page - there was a link on the Chris Cornell boards yesterday...
    If you all stop hitting refresh for just two minutes, I can buy my tickets...
  • Options
    mole1985mole1985 Posts: 1,119
    Last night was something else...
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
  • Options
    Just watching the seattle gig again... Astoria was better.. chris and the other lot crazier! :D Seemed much more into it... Well... I think so... :D
  • Options
    Pegasus - Wey! That's cool, were you wearing a red t shirt? I wasn't being very observant so you might not have been wearing red at all.... but I think I remember a red t shirt next to me... :)

clairenordon - Yeah that was me! Was really cool to meet you, we were saying on the train how it made the day so much better to have met such cool people in the queue :0) We were glad too to see you guys had such a great position on the balcony!
    4/20/06 Astoria
    8/29/06 Arnhem
    9/11/06 Paris
    6/18/07 London
  • Options
    YieldedYielded Posts: 839
    Great to hear that everyone had a great time!

Looks like the European leg of the tour is going to be awesome! :)
    "We get these pills to swallow... how they stick in your throat... Tastes like gold..."
  • Options
    Cazpj wrote:
    Pegasus - Wey! That's cool, were you wearing a red t shirt? I wasn't being very observant so you might not have been wearing red at all.... but I think I remember a red t shirt next to me... :)
    Purple, close enough ;)
    not as red as your friend's hair! ;)
    and there was Wash_ next to me, JeauBong and Conguita and vedder_soup behind you..you were in good company without even knowing it :p
  • Options
    Oh man... I was indeed, it makes the memory of the night that much better knowing that I was surrounded by PJ fans without even realising :)

Yeah her hair is very red, all the better to whirl around in excitment ;) I don't know if you saw/heard that she yelled out Jesus Christ Pose literally the second before they launched into it! It was very cool and surreal!

I can't wait for the audio to surface, I was really hoping someone was taping it... It'll be great to be able to re live the gig (and force all my friends to listen to it of course, they may not want to, but that is quite beside the point I feel)... :)
    4/20/06 Astoria
    8/29/06 Arnhem
    9/11/06 Paris
    6/18/07 London
  • Options
    Here's a link to my pictures from last night at the Astoria. I was having to experiment with my camera cause it's new and I didn't know what setting would be best, consequently a lot of them were blurred, so here's some of the best ones (the ones at the bottom of the page are the better ones).

http://s185.photobucket.com/albums/x64/jonfisher_photos/Chris%20Cornell/
  • Options
    Last night was amazing, thought he was fantastic. Had a few tears during Hungerstrike - never thought i would see him singing it.
    Anyone got any pics of Chris lit in blue doing his JCP?
    London Nov 96, London May 00, Cardiff June 00, Las Vegas June 03, London April 06, Dublin Aug 06, Reading Aug 06, London June 07, New York x2 June 08, Manchester Aug 09, London August 09, London June 10, Manchester June 12, IOW June 12, EV London July 12, Milton Keynes June 14, EV London x2 June 17, London June 18, London July 18, EV London July 19
  • Options
    if anyone recorded

slaves and bulldozers audio

or

slaves and bulldozers and loud love video

then please pm me
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Here's a link to my pictures from last night at the Astoria. I was having to experiment with my camera cause it's new and I didn't know what setting would be best, consequently a lot of them were blurred, so here's some of the best ones (the ones at the bottom of the page are the better ones).

Thanks for posting them ... looks like you found the right setting :D

Got some nice shots.
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options

nice pics :):):)
  • Options

Thanks for those pics John... strange.. I had the same view point as you! :p But.... where are the tummy pics???? ;):D
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    Thanks for those pics John... strange.. I had the same view point as you! :p But.... where are the tummy pics???? ;):D

Lol! I did my best!!