Options

Chris Cornell in UK in June

Comments

• Options
    gregmac666gregmac666 Posts: 123
    Astoria, Baby!... via Ticketmaster at 8.57 - straight through.

Can't believe we've had PJ, AIC & now Mr Cornell at this venue within the last couple of years. Awesome!

Tickets still available via ticketmaster as far as I can tell.
    7387 // "I'll ride the wave where it takes me..." // 28-02-92 / Astoria 06-92 Cancelled / 14-07-93 / 29-10-96 / 30-05-00 / 20-04-06 / 27-08-06 / 18-06-07 / 18-08-09 / 25-06-10
  • Options
    Thierry HenryThierry Henry Posts: 2,654
    gregmac666 wrote:
    Astoria, Baby!... via Ticketmaster at 8.57 - straight through.

Can't believe we've had PJ, AIC & now Mr Cornell at this venue within the last couple of years. Awesome!

Yeah, tickets are still on sale through ticketmaster.

Can't afford to make it over to London. Pretty pissed off cos I'd love to see Chris Cornell perform. Won't go to Aerosmith just to see him.

Play Ireland Chris!!
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • Options
    so02seeso02see Posts: 236
    Hi all,

so my dreams have come true but not exactly as I planned. Still hoping Chris'll stop by with PJ on 18th but I am one happy girl.

Sorry to see so many of you had problems getting tickets and I sympathise because it is a very familiar experience (PJ) but this time I started at 8.50, got through on the phone after 4 minutes only to be told I had to hang up and try again in 5 mins.
    Got on to see tickets, put all my details in, another 2 mins gone only to get to page saying tickets were unavailable, started the whole thing off again but this time waited before hitting the buy button till the clock had turned 9.01.

Got my confirmation with date stamp 8.56 on it, don't know how, but I don't care. I'M GOING.

Can't get me off the ceiling
    Manchester 2000. Leeds 2006. Wembley 2007
    SBE/O2 London/Manchester UK/Seattle 2/LA 2/Philadelphia 2/3/4 2009
    MSG 1 & 2 2010. Dublin / Belfast / Hyde Park 2010
    Eddie solo NY 1 & 2 2011
    PJ20 weekend & My Birthday party 4th Sept
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    gregmac666 wrote:
    Must be the first lot of transaction rejections.... they were sold out a couple of hours ago.
  • Options
    ticketmaster still has tickets

i really don't know if i can do this though, it's on a wednesday :(

i'll be missing a day of college, and there's no way i can try and make it look like i was ill, because EVERYONE will know i've been to see cornell :(

suggestions? :(:(:(:(:(
    2006 - Astoria, Dublin, Leeds
    2007 - London
    2009 - London, Manchester, London
    2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2
    2012 - Isle of Wight, Manchester x2
  • Options
    so02seeso02see Posts: 236

i'll be missing a day of college, and there's no way i can try and make it look like i was ill, because EVERYONE will know i've been to see cornell :(

You know, my attitude is get the tickets first then worry about how you are going to get there and get time off!!

You'll kick yourself for months if you dont and be in a bad mood all that day. But if you do, you'll be on such a high for ever.
    Manchester 2000. Leeds 2006. Wembley 2007
    SBE/O2 London/Manchester UK/Seattle 2/LA 2/Philadelphia 2/3/4 2009
    MSG 1 & 2 2010. Dublin / Belfast / Hyde Park 2010
    Eddie solo NY 1 & 2 2011
    PJ20 weekend & My Birthday party 4th Sept
  • Options
    wash_wash_ Posts: 1,073

I could have seen AIC at the astoria last year. I didnt coz it was last minute. I really regret not taking that opportunity.

When is the next time Cornell will be back in the UK...let alone the Astoria which is due to be knocked down. A not to miss opportunity!!!
    2006 ░▒▓ Astoria, Dublin, Leeds, Reading, Lisbon, Paris, Verona, Athens
    2007 ░▒▓ London, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009 ░▒▓ Manchester, London
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

*§* Music is all the juice i'll need *§*
  • Options

Just miss a day... or stay away for three days then tell them you were ill...
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    Just miss a day... or stay away for three days then tell them you were ill...

possibility

but i reckon i'm gonna leave it - it's right in the middle of my exam time as well so can't really afford the day off

it's gonna be such an amazing show! :eek:

i'm seeing him in hyde park with aerosmith though :D
    2007 - London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2
  • Options
    spida1998spida1998 Posts: 86

Why would you miss a day of college? I'm working in Liverpool until 4, getting a train from Manchester to London at 5ish, going straight from Euston to the Astoria, seeing the show, getting a coach back to Manchester arriving back at something like 4am, having a couple of hours sleep then back to work in Liverpool for 8am the next day.

If you book now, single train fares can be had for £12.50, single coach journeys from £1 depending on the day/time you travel.
    London - 29/05/00
    London - 30/05/00
    London - 20/04/06
    Dublin - 23/08/06
    London - 18/06/07
  • Options
    spida that sounds cool

any chance you could PM me with some of the finer details of your journey?
    2007 - London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2
  • Options
    Yay!!! Jack's coming! :D
  • Options
    i just bought tickets :eek:

no backing out now....
    2007 - London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    Yeah I had the same issue with Seetickets (hate them anyway!) so got them from ticketmaster. can't wait, it's only a few weeks away.
    same here
    yup. i've never had any problems with stargreen either.
    you obviously have not bought the PJ Wembley from them..still not received and they can't (won't) even tell me where they are :mad:

Seetickets I do't like since they tried to screw me up with a fake IC date (on sale 1 day, cancelled the next, on a different date..they tried to keep the booking fee)
  • Options
    spida1998 wrote:
    Why would you miss a day of college? I'm working in Liverpool until 4, getting a train from Manchester to London at 5ish, going straight from Euston to the Astoria, seeing the show, getting a coach back to Manchester arriving back at something like 4am, having a couple of hours sleep then back to work in Liverpool for 8am the next day.

If you book now, single train fares can be had for £12.50, single coach journeys from £1 depending on the day/time you travel.

i've been looking around and can't find a single train fare for anything like £12.50 :(

like i said before, if there's any chance you could PM me or something with the finer details of your journey to and from london then it would really help and be very much appreciated

thanks alot man!
    2007 - London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2
  • Options
    CornishManCornishMan Cornwall, UK Posts: 442
    Just bought tickets too!! :) Looks like tickets are still available at both ticketmaster and seetickets.
    London #1 2000, Reading 2006, London 2007, London 2009, London 2010, Manchester #1 2012, Manchester #2 2012, Manchester 2012 (EV), Milton Keynes 2014, London #2 2017 (EV), London #1 2018, London #2 2018, London #1 2022, London #2 2022.
  • Options
    spida1998spida1998 Posts: 86
    spida that sounds cool

any chance you could PM me with some of the finer details of your journey?
    Haven't booked anything yet, but that's what I was looking at.

Thetrainline.com for train tickets, and Nationalexpress.co.uk for the coach travel, these are the links you'll need, all timetables and fares etc are on there.
    London - 29/05/00
    London - 30/05/00
    London - 20/04/06
    Dublin - 23/08/06
    London - 18/06/07
  • Options
    dammit why do trains have to be so ridiculously expensive?

just been on the trainline.com site and the train leaving manchester at 16.45 to get into london at 19.10 is gonna cost at least £84.00 for two people apparently

taking a day off college is not an option, and neither is spending that much money on a single train journey

the national express bus that leaves london at half 11 and gets back at 05:40 in manchester is gonna cost about £45 as well

:(
    2007 - London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2
  • Options
    Jack.. get yourself on the CC messageboard (chriscornell.com). Ask if anyone is driving to the gig and have a spare place in the car....

Same here.. :D
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    Jack.. get yourself on the CC messageboard (chriscornell.com). Ask if anyone is driving to the gig and have a spare place in the car....

Same here.. :D

i would do that

but seeing as me and my mate who are gonna be going are only 17, our parents would kick off about that, so i guess it's out of the question!
    2007 - London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    i would do that

but seeing as me and my mate who are gonna be going are only 17, our parents would kick off about that, so i guess it's out of the question!

Do you have a friend who could drive you could convince to go ... probably still able to get a ticket...

Half day off college ... train tickets cheaper earlier in the day or http://www.megabus.co.uk do cheap coach travel so could get something around 1 that would get you here in time (from £1) ... unfortunately they don't do a late night bus to help with getting you home after the gig
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    but seeing as me and my mate who are gonna be going are only 17, our parents would kick off about that,

And rightly so... Do you get like a young person's discount or anything? Or are you too old for that (only until 16?) :D
  • Options
    i think discounts and concessions only go up to 16!!

i'll figure something out... *hopefully*

my mum's still pretty iffy about me going in the first place, it's right in the middle of exam time!

i dunno, we'll see.. if i end up having to sell my tickets at least i'm seeing the hyde park show :)

PS thanks for all your help so far people
    2007 - London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2
  • Options
    mole1985mole1985 Posts: 1,119
    Anybody book with wayahead.com? I ordered but didnt get an email which is strange. Details are on the ticket tracker tho, never not had an email before.
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    i think discounts and concessions only go up to 16!!

If you travel on the train a reasonable amount you could get an annual young persons railcard costs £20 but gets you a 1/3 off ... I hated it when I was too old to get one anymore :o
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    May be very stupid and obvious, but you have checked your spam and junk-mail folders?
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    May be very stupid and obvious, but you have checked your spam and junk-mail folders?

My email doesn't have these folders and i've ordered with wayahead a billion, willion, trillion times and i always got an email. But like i said i put the confirmation number and my email address in the ticket tracker and the details come up so i must have them right?
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
  • Options
    mole1985 wrote:
    My email doesn't have these folders and i've ordered with wayahead a billion, willion, trillion times and i always got an email. But like i said i put the confirmation number and my email address in the ticket tracker and the details come up so i must have them right?

That is usually how it workds.. Call your CC company and check the payment went through.. then you're definitely sorted!
  • Options
    Yeah i'll do that
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    re trains:
    check 2 1-way tickets...it's often cheaper than a return :rolleyes:

and with all the jammers going..I think a pre-gig stop at the George is in order :D