Arcade Fire's 'Neon Bible' is as good as 'Ten'

Comments

• TwatayTwatay Posts: 64
    this thread title makes me want to have at ringing your neck you blasphemous prick.
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    Todd76 wrote:
    there is in fact a decent Decemberists board (The Decemberists' D-Luxe Message Board).....I registered and have hung out there on occasion - but man, are indie music fans ever pretentious ;)

yeah, i dont know if i can handle that. i do love buckcherry after all ;) i did sign up with the hold steady board, but i dont go there much. and sometimes the pretentiousness around here annoys me.
    Twatay wrote:
    this thread title makes me want to have at ringing your neck you blasphemous prick.

that sentences has me wanting to WRING your neck you ignorant twat...ay.
  • good as ten huh...yeah the hysteria over arcade fire's new neon bible is tremendous...the band has sold 15 million copies of it and are selling out stadiums worldwide and assaulting the airwaves with it's blistering new sound..revolutionizing the rock music scene..can this be the beginning of a new era in rock music...the wimp rock years?
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
  • Todd76Todd76 Posts: 1,469
    good as ten huh...yeah the hysteria over arcade fire's new neon bible is tremendous...the band has sold 15 million copies of it and are selling out stadiums worldwide and assaulting the airwaves with it's blistering new sound..revolutionizing the rock music scene..can this be the beginning of a new era in rock music...the wimp rock years?

LOVE LIVE THE WIMP ROCK YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!
    In my world everyone is a pony,
    and they all eat rainbows and pooh butterflies!
  • Matty BoyMatty Boy Posts: 421
    You've got to be kidding. Arcade Fire will be forgotten in about two years. Ten and Vs are Pearl Jam's best albums and you're delusional if you think Arcade Fire's shit is better than those albums.
    Alex_Coe wrote:
    Give me a song by Arcade Fire that is actually FUN. You can't. It's impossible to enjoy yourself while listening to Arcade Fire.

this is quite possibly the most stupidest ;) thing I have ever read on this board.....
    Matty Boy wrote:
    You've got to be kidding. Arcade Fire will be forgotten in about two years. Ten and Vs are Pearl Jam's best albums and you're delusional if you think Arcade Fire's shit is better than those albums.

Hi Matty Boy - my name is Delusional
  • is someone from arcade fire posting this nonsense or what?
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
  • anothercloneanotherclone Posts: 1,688
    I'm listening to some of their songs on myspace. I don't like how the voices and lyrics are so muted against the music. maybe its just these songs.

any other suggestions what I can listen to of theirs? I'm open to discovering new things. :)
  • What I want to know is when did Echo and the Bunnymen change to Arcade Fire.

I like em though... but Black Mirror really really sounds like Ian McCollough
    the Minions
  • Alex_CoeAlex_Coe Posts: 762
    Todd76 wrote:
    this is quite possibly the most stupidest ;) thing I have ever read on this board.....

Post ONE SONG that I could really enjoy. And I don't mean have an introspective look at life through horribly whiny singing, I mean a song you can jam out to. Gimme' a Porch. (Oh, and remember it has to be by Arcade Fire. That's the hard part.)
  • Alex_Coe wrote:
    Post ONE SONG that I could really enjoy. And I don't mean have an introspective look at life through horribly whiny singing, I mean a song you can jam out to. Gimme' a Porch. (Oh, and remember it has to be by Arcade Fire. That's the hard part.)
    funny shit...give me a porch...LMFAO
    get us a garbage can on your way so we can put all these shit neon bible cd's where they belong.
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
  • abhi101cruabhi101cru Posts: 223
    ok, now I need to go and buy an Arcade Fire album tomorrow. Can someone please give me the names of the albums and the orders in which they have come out?

I dont feel like reading the whole thread :)
    Sorry is the fool who trades his soul for a corvette, thinks he'll get the girl he'll only get the mechanic...

Atlantic City: 09/30/05, 10/01/05
  • abhi101cru wrote:
    ok, now I need to go and buy an Arcade Fire album tomorrow. Can someone please give me the names of the albums and the orders in which they have come out?

terrible
    shitty
    shittier
    holy fucking shit
    arcade fire's shittiest non-hits vol. 1
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
  • i like matt.ci like matt.c Posts: 1,121
    abhi101cru wrote:

there was an ep (no idea what its called)
    then there was funeral and now theres neon bible.
    Alex_Coe wrote:

wake up. download it somewhere.
    Matty Boy wrote:

i said it's better than ten, not vs. i dont like ten. the production sounds like shit. i didnt realize it until i listened to the remixes on the greatest hits. but ten sounds as dated and cheesy as a bon jovi record in some places. i dont care for it.

vs. beats anything arcade fire have ever done though. but vs. beats anything most bands will ever do in their entire careers, so...
    there was an ep (no idea what its called)
    then there was funeral and now theres neon bible.

the ep's not that great though. just get funeral.
  • boroff89boroff89 Posts: 786
    Ten forever changed the way I listened to music. Honestly, Neon Bible is doing the same. It is completely brilliant.
    It makes much more sense to live in the present tense.
  • Go on, have at it.

Smoke another bowl because you're really high. Arcade Fire blows chow.
    one foot in the door
    the other foot in the gutter
    sweet smell that they adore
    I think I'd rather smother
    -The Replacements-
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Go on, have at it.

this reminds me of a certain thread :rolleyes:

dude.. remember the rules of Pearl Jam uberfanship is to never ever suggest that something the band has done is weak, or can be contested!!

someone called you a prick, and yet all you've suggested is another bands album is as good as Ten.. not better than.. as good as.. as Soulsinging has said.. PJ fans can be pretentious at times.

I love the band and its music but their uberfans are beginning to get on my tits... i loathe their sanctimonious drivel.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    dunkman wrote:
    this reminds me of a certain thread :rolleyes:

dude.. remember the rules of Pearl Jam uberfanship is to never ever suggest that something the band has done is weak, or can be contested!!

someone called you a prick, and yet all you've suggested is another bands album is as good as Ten.. not better than.. as good as.. as Soulsinging has said.. PJ fans can be pretentious at times.

I love the band and its music but their uberfans are beginning to get on my tits... i loathe their sanctimonious drivel.

I wonder what effect Arcade Fire opening for Pearl Jam would have?:)
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • I wonder what effect Arcade Fire opening for Pearl Jam would have?:)

:eek:
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • chimpatchimpat Posts: 590
    You know, I thought Funeral was a pretty good album. Then I saw Arcade Fire at Webster Hall in NYC and they put on an AWESOME show......I revisited the album and really, really liked it.

Neon Bible is just an amazing album in my opinion, there's not a bad song on the disc. I can't stop listening to it, especially songs like "Ocean of Noise" and "Antichrist TV Blues"......just great stuff.
    "This is about as perfect a crowd as you can get. I hate to placate, I ain't placating...." - EV, 9/29/96

• chris01chris01 Posts: 559
    No album is better than Ten.
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Todd76 wrote:
    It really blows me away how stagnant many peoples taste in music is on this board.....all the whining about the Lollapalooza lineup, the comments about the 00's in the Favorite band by decade thread, and now the Arcade Fire bashing.....I really have very little in common with most people on this board (I dont even really like PJ much anymore)

.....I think its time to go hang out on the Decemberists message board with all the other indie music snobs

LONG LIVE GRUNGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't read any more post. I agree with a good deal Todd76 said.

I like funeral and neon bible a lot. one of my favorite bands now. I still like ten better though :) but to each their own.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • chimpat wrote:
    You know, I thought Funeral was a pretty good album. Then I saw Arcade Fire at Webster Hall in NYC and they put on an AWESOME show......I revisited the album and really, really liked it.

Neon Bible is just an amazing album in my opinion, there's not a bad song on the disc. I can't stop listening to it, especially songs like "Ocean of Noise" and "Antichrist TV Blues"......just great stuff.

This is my point. Comparable to Ten in that there isn't a bad song on there. How many albums can you say that about? Not many.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Matty Boy wrote:

THat is funny people said that about them when they released funeral two and a half years ago.

Obviously not forgoten. Maybe they won't be remembered like a media band like U2 and all but they will be remembered like good quality bands like pixies and pavement.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    intodeep wrote:
    THat is funny people said that about them when they released funeral two and a half years ago.

Obviously not forgoten. Maybe they won't be remembered like a media band like U2 and all but they will be remembered like good quality bands like pixies and pavement.

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!