***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    SPALMA wrote:
    Yeah, I chose Florida so it would be recognizable (as opposed to the south of Europe etc.), Maybe it will get Mike's attention (being from Florida). In small letters on the bottom, I put "don't forget the South". that's why I want to get it on stage.

good thinking....thanks for remembering us....

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • BeBeBeBe Posts: 229
    SPALMA wrote:
    I'm a girl :)
    My husband wants to make a sign saying "Drink Portuguese Wine" (He's Portuguese).

But tell your husband to add "Drink Portuguese Wine...while in Florida ".

This is desperation..lol!
    Where is Lowlight?
  • SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    BeBe wrote:
    But tell your husband to add "Drink Portuguese Wine...while in Florida ".

This is desperation..lol!

Great Idea! If he does make the sign I'll make another sign saying "In Florida" and hold it up next to him. :):)
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
  • weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    AWESOME SPALMA! Way to be sista!! I'm truly envious that you're going to Europe to see PJ. I would LOVE to be in a Euro crowd and see how they react - not that they'll be any different - that's the point! PJ love is universal....

The rest of us Southerners say thanks........ :)
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    weenie wrote:
    AWESOME SPALMA! Way to be sista!! I'm truly envious that you're going to Europe to see PJ. I would LOVE to be in a Euro crowd and see how they react - not that they'll be any different - that's the point! PJ love is universal....

The rest of us Southerners say thanks........ :)

Yeah, I figured there would be less 10c members there, getting in general admission 15 min early. I would never have this opportunity to get down close to the band again.

Plus, this is my 50th birthday celebration! Told my family that this is how I want to celebrate (a little early) my birthday so we went for it.
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
    SPALMA wrote:
    Great Idea! If he does make the sign I'll make another sign saying "In Florida" and hold it up next to him. :):)

LMAO!!!!!!
    Where is Lowlight?
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    SPALMA wrote:
    Yeah, I figured there would be less 10c members there, getting in general admission 15 min early. I would never have this opportunity to get down close to the band again.

Plus, this is my 50th birthday celebration! Told my family that this is how I want to celebrate (a little early) my birthday so we went for it.

Wow! Awesome way to celebrate your birthday. Have a great time!
    Brian
    SPALMA wrote:

Well Happy Birthday!! I hope you have the best time ever!! Hopefully on the boot we get to hear Eddie call out your sign!! Darn wouldn't that be awesome.

I do want to see the whole south get a tour. but I think Spalma is right...The word Florida would get the attention. You know once Florida is planned, there will be a lot more shows added in our "area".

Get back to us as soon as you get back!
    Where is Lowlight?
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    Good morning Bump!
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Good morning Message Pit.............Play the South, MSG and Canada
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Happy Friday morning bump!
  • lukin321lukin321 Charlotte, NC Posts: 864
    another day, another bump
    9/1/98, 8/9/00, 8/12/00, 4/11/03, 4/12/03, 4/13/03, 4/19/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04, 10/3/04, 10/8/04, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 10/30/2013, 4/8/2016, 4/9/2016, 4/11/2016, 4/13/2016
  • Drew263Drew263 Posts: 602
    SPALMA wrote:
    Yeah, I chose Florida so it would be recognizable (as opposed to the south of Europe etc.), Maybe it will get Mike's attention (being from Florida). In small letters on the bottom, I put "don't forget the South". that's why I want to get it on stage.

that would be great! good luck and thanks.
    Drew263 wrote:
    that would be great! good luck and thanks.
    Wow............a Drew263 sighting!!!!! Roll Tide Roll!!!!
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    TG it's FF BUMP FOR THE SOUTH......
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
    weenie wrote:
    TG it's FF BUMP FOR THE SOUTH......
    Yeah.........it's Friday...............Play the South, MSG and Canada!
    Tybird: I think I saw a post yesterday that said you are 41..... maybe old enough to remember that many years ago, when people in this country wanted something done/changed etc., they sent telegrams. Do telegraph offices even exist any more? If so, maybe we should bombard them (10 club) with telegrams, or a mass mailing or something that wouldn't be easy to ignore. In order to have any impact it would have to be somewhat coordinated. What do you think......am I just grasping at straws here???
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

Henry David Thoreau
    weenie wrote:
    Tybird: I think I saw a post yesterday that said you are 41..... maybe old enough to remember that many years ago, when people in this country wanted something done/changed etc., they sent telegrams. Do telegraph offices even exist any more? If so, maybe we should bombard them (10 club) with telegrams, or a mass mailing or something that wouldn't be easy to ignore. In order to have any impact it would have to be somewhat coordinated. What do you think......am I just grasping at straws here???
    I guess Western Union still does this???? Never sent a telegram......we had phones when I was growing up......they were rotary dial, but they were phones.:)
    tybird wrote:
    I guess Western Union still does this???? Never sent a telegram......we had phones when I was growing up......they were rotary dial, but they were phones.:)

Cute, real cute..... :) I'm just trying to think of some way to force their attention to this issue. If I lived in Seattle, I'd probably go try to find their headquarters and stage a sit-in or something - with tons of people of course.
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

Henry David Thoreau
    weenie wrote:
    Cute, real cute..... :) I'm just trying to think of some way to force their attention to this issue. If I lived in Seattle, I'd probably go try to find their headquarters and stage a sit-in or something - with tons of people of course.
    I was actually trying to be funny, not mean-spirited. Telegrams might actually be a good plan when we think that our wheels are in the last ditch.
    An afternoon bump while waiting for the setlists to start popping in..I am killing time...killing time...to much time on my hands today.
    Where is Lowlight?
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    BeBe wrote:
    An afternoon bump while waiting for the setlists to start popping in..I am killing time...killing time...to much time on my hands today.
    Hey Bebe just wanted wanted to give a lunchtime bump. Peace!
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
    BeBe wrote:
    Alright breaking into a little Styx this afternoon..........:cool:
    stoneg wrote:
    Hey Bebe just wanted wanted to give a lunchtime bump. Peace!

Peace!!!

Weenie..
    I do have an idea...I think we should print out the petition..maybe get real signatures..we need to skip the multiple posts made by us and then.....send it to their management office..In the Brazil MTV show, it caught Eddie's attention when the Brazilians did a petition..so they play their..I think it can be done. Petitions work..getting the word out, works...That's how us women got the right to vote.

I am planning something right now..Give me a few days and I will post it here...Stay tuned..

If anyone needs to phone me for anything..PM me...
    Where is Lowlight?
  • Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    the SOUTH! PLAY IT! :D
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    Bump
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
    How about a little bump :cool:
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Good idea on the petition!

By the way, Western Union doesn't send telegrams anymore. They quit doing that earlier this year.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • pathorsespathorses Posts: 319
    I'm in a really shitty mood for some reason and need some good news.........BUMP for the SOUTH!
    Pat
    Atlanta 3/94
    Charleston 10/96
    Greenville 4/98
    Charlotte 8/00
    Charlotte 4/03
    Gorge I & II 7/06
    Columbia 6/08
    Jazz Festival 5/10
    Noblesville 5/10
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    waves goodnite to all my friends!

Bump for the cause!

Petition, let's do it, whatever it takes!!!