***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    tybird wrote:
    Bumping for my friends in Hotlanta..........the city that ate the South. :)

If your metro area keeps growing, your next beltline will probably cross over both the Alabama and Tennessee state-lines........

Yeah, I'm also figuring that one day when Florida breaks off and floats away, Atlanta will have some damn nice waterfront property and a long ass bridge to Florida for which to charge exhorbitant tolls..... :) Seriously though, if we can't figure out a way to get all these cars off the road, we'll be like those folks in Japan who wear white masks all the time. The smog here is getting sinful.
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    almost forgot to stop by this thread today, shame on me!

please pay florida, i know it sucks down here and its hot, humid, sticky, and we get lots of hurricanes, and the waves are small, and our governor is that dumbasses little brother and he has a giant water head, but some of us down here are VERY cool and we LOVE you!

damn, hows that for some beggin????
  • Austin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Meet the new boss, Same as the old boss.

Listen to Joe Strummer and the Mescaleros
  • BeBeBeBe Posts: 229
    Dollpartz wrote:
    almost forgot to stop by this thread today, shame on me!

please pay florida, i know it sucks down here and its hot, humid, sticky, and we get lots of hurricanes, and the waves are small, and our governor is that dumbasses little brother and he has a giant water head, but some of us down here are VERY cool and we LOVE you!

damn, hows that for some beggin????
    LMFAO @ GIANT WATER HEAD!!!!!!!!
    LMFAO @ WAVES ARES SMALL!!!
    LMFAO@@ HELL! At the whole entire post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Where is Lowlight?
    BeBe wrote:
    LMFAO @ GIANT WATER HEAD!!!!!!!!
    LMFAO @ WAVES ARES SMALL!!!
    LMFAO@@ HELL! At the whole entire post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol, sad but true.....
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    With all the "webcast" talk going around, I think PJ should do a special Christmas webcast from my living room. It can be all public access quality ala Wayne's World or that other SNL skit where Fallon and Sanz broadcast from their dorm room. Then they could play a surprise show at the Cradle before starting Southern leg in 07.

Stop laughing! I think its a most wonderfull idea. Anyone have any cool names for the show? In the past we have had "Self Pollution Radio" and "Monkeywrench Radio". What shall we call this one?
    Brian
    NCBRI wrote:
    With all the "webcast" talk going around, I think PJ should do a special Christmas webcast from my living room. It can be all public access quality ala Wayne's World or that other SNL skit where Fallon and Sanz broadcast from their dorm room. Then they could play a surprise show at the Cradle before starting Southern leg in 07.

Stop laughing! I think its a most wonderfull idea. Anyone have any cool names for the show? In the past we have had "Self Pollution Radio" and "Monkeywrench Radio". What shall we call this one?

How bout "Hurricane Drenched Radio"..!!
    Where is Lowlight?
  • mwachsmanmwachsman Posts: 474
    Please!!!
    "So, you must really love Led Zeppelin. That’s the oldest shirt I’ve ever seen on someone who wasn’t a bum."
    "Hey, if God didn’t want me to wear it so much, he wouldn’t have made them rock so hard."
  • dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    "unofficial sticky/jamie pressley (from north carolina) shoulda won the emmy/god i can't take this not knowing anymore" bump....

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • Just sitting back and listening to some Jerry my heart hurt a little-so i thought i would pass on a great song by he and Hunter and justv to remind the guys please come south we need some relief down here!

Black Muddy River

When the last rose of summer pricks my finger
    And the hot sun chills me to the bone
    When I can't hear the song for the singer
    And I can't tell my pillow from a stone

I will walk alone by the black muddy river
    And sing me a song of my own

When the last bolt of sunshine hits the mountain
    And the stars start to splatter in the sky
    When the moon splits the southwest horizon
    With the scream of an eagle on the fly

And listen to the ripples as they moan

Black muddy river
    Roll on forever
    I don't care how deep or wide
    If you got another side
    Roll muddy river
    Roll muddy river
    Black muddy river roll

When it seems like the night will last forever
    And there's nothing left to do but count the years
    When the strings of my heart start to sever
    And stones fall from my eyes instead of tears

And dream me a dream of my own

sadly it's also the last song Jerry sng with the Dead. Peace and goodnight

bumpity bump bump
    “It’s the idea that people living close to nature tend to be noble. It’s seeing all those sunsets that does it. You can’t watch a sunset and then go off and set fire to your neighbor’s tepee. Living close to nature is wonderful for your mental health.”

Daniel Quinn
    Back to the front of the line................
    BUMP!

by the way Garden Lover, thanks for that..... I never was a fan but reading the words to that song make me wish I would have paid attention a little more....
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
    hey, good morning, bump back up to the top of the page
  • dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    october is unscheduled as of yet....and a perfect time to do a mini-tour of the south...the amphitheaters still have shows on their schedules into october...average high temperature in october in central north carolina: 71.5 degrees baby....oh, yeah.....the goodliest land....

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • weenie wrote:
    Yeah, I'm also figuring that one day when Florida breaks off and floats away, Atlanta will have some damn nice waterfront property and a long ass bridge to Florida for which to charge exhorbitant tolls..... :) Seriously though, if we can't figure out a way to get all these cars off the road, we'll be like those folks in Japan who wear white masks all the time. The smog here is getting sinful.
    The smog is terrible, the rivers are polluted, and people are everywhere. So many people, we deserve 2 nights! Bumping for a beautiful 80 degree day, and no rain as of yet!
  • austin please
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    The smog is terrible, the rivers are polluted, and people are everywhere. So many people, we deserve 2 nights! Bumping for a beautiful 80 degree day, and no rain as of yet!
    A bump wishing that 80 degrees as a high temp would happen some..........I am a little tired of 95-97 degree days......with that 80-90% humidity. :(
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.

No rain - yeah, that's a switch huh? Although outside my window I can see it rolling in from the East - over the Druid Hills area. And I am in COMPLEGTE agreement with you - we deserve 2 nights!! But truth is, I'd settle for one at this point! I figure I'm going to have to drive to a few places to get my batteries recharged properly...... especially if all they do is play Phillips....:(
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

Henry David Thoreau
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Waiting on the pizza to arrive bump...........
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    Waiting to see where Ernesto goes bump..We are getting rain though!
    Where is Lowlight?
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    Bumping for all the people that lost their homes a year ago and bumping for the hope that we never see another Katrina and bumping of course because:
    [[[[[[[[[
    THE SJUTH Y PEARL JAM
    [[[[[[[[[
    Brian
  • lance_graylance_gray Posts: 166
    I hope this works. I was feeling good when someone posted they "spoke to a member of the crew" that we would get some shows. But, from the Stone chat, I'm sad and unhappy.

So, I'm hoping this will work. Pay attention to us--we love you too!
    Dallas '98 - Dallas '00 - OKC '03 - Dallas '03

www.myspace.com/lance_gray

www.bonafidedarling.com
  • holleroxxholleroxx Posts: 473
    So I just got home from Key Largo and I see no news for us yet as far as shows. They made us all evacuate 3 days into my 10 day dive trip :(
    So here's my daily bump for a kick ass Florida show!! And all you Floridians and East coast buddies, STAY SAFE we all know how theses hurricanes can change direction and strength in a flash! Love you all!
    And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky,a human being that was given 2 fly - Bryan you are loved R.I.P
  • AbuskedtiAbuskedti Posts: 1,917
    please!
    holleroxx wrote:
    So I just got home from Key Largo and I see no news for us yet as far as shows. They made us all evacuate 3 days into my 10 day dive trip :(
    So here's my daily bump for a kick ass Florida show!! And all you Floridians and East coast buddies, STAY SAFE we all know how theses hurricanes can change direction and strength in a flash! Love you all!

Love you too! Now stay safe!! I am waiting now for the 11:00 p.m. update and see what's going on!
    Where is Lowlight?
    SON OF A BEBE GUN!!!

I can't believe they added one more show to the Aussie tour (I love my fellow Aussies though) and can't bother to add one little show at least in Atlanta!!??

Someone mentioned it was doen by petition..WAH!!!! What about ours here??!! That's it we need to make it MORE FORMAL!! I will persoanlly hand deliver it to Eddie myself and try..I do mean TRY to keep my paws off his bottom.;p
    Where is Lowlight?
  • holleroxxholleroxx Posts: 473
    Lets hope it fizzles out and leaves us all alone. Last year was enough to last a lifetime and I dont want our Boys to be sketchy about coming here to play a show for us all. TAMPA TAMPA TAMPA TAMPA BABY!!!!!!!
    And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky,a human being that was given 2 fly - Bryan you are loved R.I.P
    holleroxx wrote:
    Lets hope it fizzles out and leaves us all alone. Last year was enough to last a lifetime and I dont want our Boys to be sketchy about coming here to play a show for us all. TAMPA TAMPA TAMPA TAMPA BABY!!!!!!!

You know..I had a meeting in Brandon this afternoon and passed by the Fairgrounds and later went down to St. Pete and saw the potential location for PJ...(I am a dreamer!).

What a shame, like my previous post, the Aussies got another show added. We are getting..nada...zilcho...sero...blank...nothing...oh well...I need to do something.
    Where is Lowlight?
  • pjalive21pjalive21 Posts: 2,818
    after watching all the Reading videos you guys better get your ass's around here!!!!!!!!!!!

dont make me pawn everything i own and go overseas!!! :)
    pjalive21 wrote:
    after watching all the Reading videos you guys better get your ass's around here!!!!!!!!!!!

dont make me pawn everything i own and go overseas!!! :)

I'll second that...... Reading must have been unfuckingbelievable. It makes me SO WANT TO SEE THOSE GUYS AGAIN and again and again and again.....

BIG FAT MISSING THE BOYS BUMP FOR THE SOUTH!!! ANY PARTS OF THE SOUTH.......AND MIDWEST......
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

Henry David Thoreau
  • Bumping cuz I spoke too soon about the not raining. It poured & flooded my yard. Thats what we get for a day of under 90 degree weather, lol. And if they Play Phillips whenever they come back......................ugh.