***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    stoneg wrote:
    HHHHMMMMM..... Yeah some sort of fundraiser before a show.Any ideas anyone.Maybe getting people to buy trees? Something??? Register for Voting???

I like registering for voting (but registration has got to be local) and ccfa.
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    Maybe something for the Homeless.Making them some food??? Sorry just fishing for some Ideas
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
  • MakingWavesMakingWaves Posts: 1,293
    daystar143 wrote:
    No love for Ohio State? I can't decide when boot them...

I hate the Gators with a passion, but I've got them in the Championship game because while I'm no Gator fan, I'm not opposed to some prize money at their expense. :)

I'm treading on thin ice with the brackets at work...after winning a couple of times and spending the prize money on a purse and new shoes...the guys threatened to ban me. (I had to promise to buy Grey Goose with any future winnings!)

I have never won a bracket. We need to sign up for the 10C league NCBRI posted about. That should be pretty fun.

I have Ohio St. losing to NC in the Final Four.
    Seeing visions of falling up somehow.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    New Orleans '10 - Jazzfest
    New Orleans '16 - Jazzfest
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
  • DELETEDDELETED Posts: 421
  • MakingWavesMakingWaves Posts: 1,293
    JTR wrote:
    Me too Stoneg!

I think we will make it a fundraiser of sorts in conjunction with this thread and the wonderful and persistent folks on it who are entirely too committed to Pearl Jam playing the Southland. I know they feel the loyalty.

Great idea. I like the voting and the trees idea. Asking people to offset their carbon footprint from the traveling they did to get to the show would be pretty cool.
    Seeing visions of falling up somehow.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    New Orleans '10 - Jazzfest
    New Orleans '16 - Jazzfest
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    i'll plant some more trees!
  • JTRJTR Posts: 347
    There are lots of ideas - Habitat For Humanity (my favorite). What we will do is let them pick the recipient for the fund raising and we will come to support in any way we can. That is always the best way to do it.
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    I'm with Makingwaves and Dollpartz.....let's do something with an environmental slant.

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    fundraiser is a good idea
    Brian
    I have never won a bracket. We need to sign up for the 10C league NCBRI posted about. That should be pretty fun.

I have Ohio St. losing to NC in the Final Four.

Here is the info again:

http://fantasysports.yahoo.com/

Group ID# = 21432

Password= pearljam
    Brian
  • DELETEDDELETED Posts: 421
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    JTR wrote:
    There are lots of ideas - Habitat For Humanity (my favorite). What we will do is let them pick the recipient for the fund raising and we will come to support in any way we can. That is always the best way to do it.

I made my sons work for habitat for humanity in the summers.

who are "them"? and would they organize? Planning is a huge task.

• pathorsespathorses Posts: 319
    Count me in! I like Habitat, too. I also like Amnesty. I have pretty much decided to do something with CCFA if/when....but I'd love to do something with all us Southerners even more.

Seriously, as much as I would love to go backstage, I really just want them to

PLAY THE SOUTH SOON!!!!!!!!!!!

(that doesn't mean I wouldn't jump at the chance, as if you didn't know that)
    Atlanta 3/94
    Charleston 10/96
    Greenville 4/98
    Charlotte 8/00
    Charlotte 4/03
    Gorge I & II 7/06
    Columbia 6/08
    Jazz Festival 5/10
    Noblesville 5/10
    Reminder:

Rock n Roll Hall of Fame Induction tonight (8:30). Hope everyone has VH1 Classic. Looking forward to it, especially Ed's induction speech for REM. The Van Halen thing should be interesting seeing as none of them are supposed to even be there.
    Brian
    Well we would all have to be in the same place to do something.It would have to be on the same date and time so we could all get together and do this.The tour seems like the only time we will be together.It has to be a one off thing.Alert the news media about southern PJ fans making a difference.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
  • weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    Holy crap, did I read something from JTR about backstage? Worthy causes? Our thread? I'm not believing what I read. Environmental or animal welfare. I'd be all over either one. Work was so horrible today I actually came home and shed a few tears. I'm needing some decompression big time so I'll be back on line later. Keep me posted on this backstage business..... PLEASE? Boy do I need some good news......
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
    Go Predators! first monday night AFL game ever :)

My nephew is #50, the center for Orlando.
    They need help right now.

Them would be the band. It is important to let them pick the cause and we will do the planning, etc.

The Waiting Drove Me Mad.

As soon as I hear a peep, I will peep here too.
    BTW, the opener at all the Southern stops has to be Corduroy. Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere can be 2nd set opener.
    JTR wrote:
    BTW, the opener at all the Southern stops has to be Corduroy. Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere can be 2nd set opener.
    Tee hee...that would rock!!!

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    JTR wrote:
    Songs I want to hear this tour are.Speed Wash,Oceans,Who You Are,Release,and You Are.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
  • acidfuelacidfuel Posts: 153
    JTR wrote:
    Them would be the band. It is important to let them pick the cause and we will do the planning, etc.

sounds like plan!!!!
    count me in !!!!!

BTW...............I hope they bring Chris Cornell to support the tour
  • dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    JTR wrote:

sorry, man, i'm a 'sometimes' magnet...if i'm there, chances are better than 50.50 sometimes is the opener...

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
    JTR wrote:

Yep, that's my #2 fave. Release is #1..... and the band can choose whatever they feel is important. If it's important to them, it's important to me.
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
    dangerboy wrote:
    sorry, man, i'm a 'sometimes' magnet...if i'm there, chances are better than 50.50 sometimes is the opener...

I hear ya on that. Ive been to 3 shows and they opened with "Sometimes" 2 outa the 3. The other was "Release" and that was just amazing.
    Brian
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Just arrived in Sunny Southern California.

Did I miss anything?
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
    Oh, and T-shirt update tomorrow. I made contact with a vendor who is sending me a sample and I'll get the lowdown on how much this big design I did will cost and where I have to cut back on colors.

I asked for XL since I can compare to the XL shirts I get from 10C online. I sleep in 'em every nite... :) Yeah, you guessed it, not much action at my place .......
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

Henry David Thoreau
    Flagg wrote:
    Just arrived in Sunny Southern California.

Did I miss anything?

See JTR's remarks about us supporting a cause for the band and MAYBE getting backstage.....
    no news about the tour though...
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

Henry David Thoreau
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    weenie wrote:
    See JTR's remarks about us supporting a cause for the band and MAYBE getting backstage.....
    no news about the tour though...

Cool, thanks!
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011