***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    TheGossman wrote:
    I'm off to Asheville for the MMJ show tonight guys! Hope you hear something! Woohoo! Good day to you all!

Have a good trip and an even better return home - to news possibly...... :)
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    TheGossman wrote:
    I'm off to Asheville for the MMJ show tonight guys! Hope you hear something! Woohoo! Good day to you all!

have fun!
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • TheGossman wrote:

gossman i'll be wearing a red us rowing shirt, see you there... we got into town at like 2 this morning and drove by the orange peel, it looks sweeeeeet

play the south
    looking for 2 to Columbia...

***GOT EM***
  • weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    Back to work BUMP. I'll probably be here late tonight so I could sure use some NEWS!!!!!!!
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • TheGossmanTheGossman Posts: 1,120
    gossman i'll be wearing a red us rowing shirt, see you there... we got into town at like 2 this morning and drove by the orange peel, it looks sweeeeeet

play the south

I will be wearing my PJ winged man TSHIRT! I'm OFF!!!
    9/4/98, 8/4/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 4/19/03, 4/25/03, 4/26/03, 4/28/03, 4/29/03, 4/30/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/6/04, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 8/5/07, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 6/14/08, 6/16/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    TheGossman wrote:
    1 show? come on, you've been on this thread everyday begging for them to come down this way and you are gonna do 1 show when they finally do? You have to do atleast 3, ok? AIGHT?

i'm gonna do as many shows as i can, but i just want ONE to be happy
  • MakingWavesMakingWaves Posts: 1,293
    How far will people be willing to drive if there isn't a show in the deep south (LA, FL & GA). I think the Carolinas would be the furthest I would drive.
    Seeing visions of falling up somehow.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    New Orleans '10 - Jazzfest
    New Orleans '16 - Jazzfest
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
    How far will people be willing to drive if there isn't a show in the deep south (LA, FL & GA). I think the Carolinas would be the furthest I would drive.

if i can drive there in one day, i'm goin....so one day from Orlando, how far would that be? pretty far right?

p.s. i drive like a bat outta hell!!!!
    Dollpartz wrote:
    if i can drive there in one day, i'm goin....so one day from Orlando, how far would that be? pretty far right?

There might be a long line of people from here heading to a show.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
  • dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    jtr...last thing i heard was what jj told me last night, which is that he's hearing that there's supposed to be a show in raleigh after lolla. we were both in between breaks and i didn't get a chance to ask him who told him that, but probably the program director, or the record rep. i know it wasn't the venue, and he knows better than to repeat something he heard on the phone from a listener or something. if he mentioned it to me, he knows it better be legit. a legit rumor...what the fuck is that? anyway, i've known him for 5 years, and he knows better than to play with me about it. but, then again, he's down the source list because i know stuff before the record label guys do many times.

i do, however, find it very interesting that he says that yesterday, then i come back here to find out that this carter cat in orlando has shifted his story to resemble what jj said. is jupiter aligning with mars?

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    There might be a long line of people from here heading to a show.

breaker 1-9 this here's the rubber duck. looks like we got us a convoy...

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    bump for my homies
    dangerboy wrote:
    jtr...last thing i heard was what jj told me last night, which is that he's hearing that there's supposed to be a show in raleigh after lolla. we were both in between breaks and i didn't get a chance to ask him who told him that, but probably the program director, or the record rep. i know it wasn't the venue, and he knows better than to repeat something he heard on the phone from a listener or something. if he mentioned it to me, he knows it better be legit. a legit rumor...what the fuck is that? anyway, i've known him for 5 years, and he knows better than to play with me about it. but, then again, he's down the source list because i know stuff before the record label guys do many times.

i do, however, find it very interesting that he says that yesterday, then i come back here to find out that this carter cat in orlando has shifted his story to resemble what jj said. is jupiter aligning with mars?

when i asked Carter on myspace a few months back about the rumors of a tour, he told me if i was in the ten club, i would more than likely hear about it before he did. that pretty much ruled him out as a credible source for me, but ya never know....
  • SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    Dollpartz wrote:

Orlando to Atlanta (7-8 hours) Bat outta hell speed - maybe 6.45 hours?
    Orlando to Ashville (maybe 12-13 hrs?)
    Orlando to Savannah (5-6 hrs?)
    Orlando to Greenville (13 hrs)
    Orlando to Myrtle beach (12 hrs)
    Orlando to NYC (20 hrs)
    Orlando to Albany (24 hrs)
    Orlando to DC (17 hrs?)
    Orlando to Panhandle (11 hrs?)
    Orlando to Miami (3 hrs)
    Orlando (East) to Orlando (West) (1.2 hrs) traffic sucks sometimes.
    Orlando to my house (40 mins)

Just guessing at trips I've take over the past 20 years...

I would certainly go to all Fla shows and Atlanta.
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
    Dollpartz wrote:
    when i asked Carter on myspace a few months back about the rumors of a tour, he told me if i was in the ten club, i would more than likely hear about it before he did. that pretty much ruled him out as a credible source for me, but ya never know....

He backed way off of giving any hints out because twice he has gotten burned...I think he just doesn't want to do it again. He was always pretty good in past tours.

SPALMA wrote:
    Orlando to Atlanta (7-8 hours) Bat outta hell speed - maybe 6.45 hours?
    Orlando to Ashville (maybe 12-13 hrs?)
    Orlando to Savannah (5-6 hrs?)
    Orlando to Greenville (13 hrs)
    Orlando to Myrtle beach (12 hrs)
    Orlando to NYC (20 hrs)
    Orlando to Albany (24 hrs)
    Orlando to DC (17 hrs?)
    Orlando to Panhandle (11 hrs?)
    Orlando to Miami (3 hrs)
    Orlando (East) to Orlando (West) (1.2 hrs) traffic sucks sometimes.
    Orlando to my house (40 mins)

Just guessing at trips I've take over the past 20 years...

I would certainly go to all Fla shows and Atlanta.

lmao....thanks, i don't think i'm up for anything over 12 hours, perhaps a short flight instead?

i honestly can't imagine them not doing a florida show, but then again, i didn't expect them to skip us last year either.

p.s. my last trip to the panhandle took about 8.5 hours, I-10 is perhaps the most boring ass highway in the U.S.
    Dollpartz wrote:
    lmao....thanks, i don't think i'm up for anything over 12 hours, perhaps a short flight instead?

i honestly can't imagine them not doing a florida show, but then again, i didn't expect them to skip us last year either.

I agree about Florida. It will be included and I will be there.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
    dangerboy wrote:

In the Age Of Aquarius... we can only hope.

I was floored to hear what you and JTR were saying after I had gotten that email from Carter. At least SOME hope.... maybe.

SPALMA wrote:
    He backed way off of giving any hints out because twice he has gotten burned...I think he just doesn't want to do it again. He was always pretty good in past tours.

do you think he is on this board? perhaps another lurker?
    Dollpartz wrote:

p.s. my last trip to the panhandle took about 8.5 hours, I-10 is perhaps the most boring ass highway in the U.S.

Yeah, I think Florida is a definite... we have always had great shows. If they aare heading South, we would be one of the better markets.

Dollpartz wrote:
    do you think he is on this board? perhaps another lurker?
    Yes, definitely. There are a few folks at that station that are PJ fans - even tho the lineup doesn't reflect it. He almost always plays at least one song on his show a day. One lady that works there had a birthday yesterday and he played 3 PJ songs in his 4 hr show alone.

SPALMA wrote:
    Yeah, I think Florida is a definite... we have always had great shows. If they aare heading South, we would be one of the better markets.

I am going to say Florida, Texas and North Carolina will be the three states they stop at. Who knows, I might look smart after the announcement.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
    dangerboy wrote:
    breaker 1-9 this here's the rubber duck. looks like we got us a convoy...

Read ya...
    I hope to hell they announce all the shows and not just a Raleigh show so we all don't flood that show and THEN find out they are playing in our backyard a month later.

...See ya on the flip-flop.

** Hey! 9300 (Tybird would be proud of us)

I am going to say Florida, Texas and North Carolina will be the three states they stop at. Who knows, I might look smart after the announcement.

I think you are right - but I would def add in Atlanta.

this day is draggin ass
  • are they really going to announce some dates for the south ?
    a WAVE came crashing like a fist to the jaw !
    WPB 03,Tampa 03,Camden 03,MSG1 03,Kissimmee 04,Lollapalooza 07, WPB 08,Tampa 08,Chicago 2009 (night 1 & 2), MSG 1 & 2 May 2010. PJ20 Sept 3 & 4 2011, Midtown Festival Sept 2012, Brooklyn Oct 18 & 19 2013, Ft Lauderdale 2016 and Miami 2016, Brooklyn, NY 2017
    are they really going to announce some dates for the south ?

We hope! but then, we have been hoping for almost a year now. but we have ALL of our feelers out and they seem to be tingling now. So HOPEfully, one day soon.

Dollpartz wrote:
    this day is draggin ass

It sure is and no news is making it drag even more.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
  • SPALMA wrote:
    We hope! but then, we have been hoping for almost a year now. but we have ALL of our feelers out and they seem to be tingling now. So HOPEfully, one day soon.

My Dad lives in the spacecoast, Palm Bay to be exact. I'll be visiting him in the first week of April.

If there is more than one Florida show annouce i'm going to all of them......
    a WAVE came crashing like a fist to the jaw !
    WPB 03,Tampa 03,Camden 03,MSG1 03,Kissimmee 04,Lollapalooza 07, WPB 08,Tampa 08,Chicago 2009 (night 1 & 2), MSG 1 & 2 May 2010. PJ20 Sept 3 & 4 2011, Midtown Festival Sept 2012, Brooklyn Oct 18 & 19 2013, Ft Lauderdale 2016 and Miami 2016, Brooklyn, NY 2017
    My Dad lives in the spacecoast, Palm Bay to be exact. I'll be visiting him in the first week of April.

If there is more than one Florida show annouce i'm going to all of them......

cool, are you in the carribbean...

Yeah, I have already put everyone on notice that when PJ comes, I will be roadtripping for 10 days or so. Palm Bay is almost further from me than Orlando - I am at the opposite end of the county - Titusville.

Palm Bay is crowded!!