***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• bump

and Tools playin my hometown April 14th-should be a goodtime.

goodnight
    “It’s the idea that people living close to nature tend to be noble. It’s seeing all those sunsets that does it. You can’t watch a sunset and then go off and set fire to your neighbor’s tepee. Living close to nature is wonderful for your mental health.”

Daniel Quinn
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    bump

and Tools playin my hometown April 14th-should be a goodtime.

goodnight
    Tool's actually playing in Birmingham again..........their last show was in a monsoon at an outdoor venue........the same venue that I froze my ass off at in 2003 to see a little band called Pearl Jam

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    bumping again to the top.Come on PJ! April is too far away.I need news now.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    goodmorningbump
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    its sunny, chilly, and gorgeous here today, PLAY THE SOUTH PEARL JAM!!
    It's pretty chilly down here........and I get to go wade in a local river this afternoon as part of my lab work for a vertebrate zoology class.

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
  • JTRJTR Posts: 347
    Just now called someone again on PST and he still says the first set (1 of 2) of dates should be announced by month's end for a July start. Passing it on ... and he should know.
    JTR wrote:
    Just now called someone again on PST and he still says the first set (1 of 2) of dates should be announced by month's end for a July start. Passing it on ... and he should know.

PST?

Do tell....
    Dollpartz wrote:
    PST?

Do tell....

PST = Pearl Jam's Squash Trainer
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    I was just gonna ask what PST was also. Possible summer tour? Its almost like an episode of Lost some times. Starting to hang on every detail expecting some clue of what is going on. Ha Ha!

~ PLAYING THE SOUTH WOULD NOT SUCK ~
    ~ PLAYING THE SOUTH WOULD NOT SUCK ~
    Brian
  • MakingWavesMakingWaves Posts: 1,293
    JTR wrote:
    Please be true.
    Seeing visions of falling up somehow.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    New Orleans '10 - Jazzfest
    New Orleans '16 - Jazzfest
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
    Sorry. Pacific Standard Time. I too was at the circus in B-ham in '03 wearing a t-shirt in the sleet. Rode the rides and won a stuffed Boom Gaspar toy. Remember Ed's comment about "if your listening to this at home, open the freezer, pull up a chair, turn on a fan, and crank it up". Or something like that. He also passed back a snotty "tissue" for everyone to use.

Actually, I was wearing a sweater over the t-shirt and noticed one freezing Ms. Jammer in the crowd who could use a sweater and offered up my sweater. Anybody remember that out there?

Night ended up in a Waffle House in Pelham.
    2nd page rescue
    JTR wrote:
    Sorry. Pacific Standard Time. I too was at the circus in B-ham in '03 wearing a t-shirt in the sleet. Rode the rides and won a stuffed Boom Gaspar toy. Remember Ed's comment about "if your listening to this at home, open the freezer, pull up a chair, turn on a fan, and crank it up". Or something like that. He also passed back a snotty "tissue" for everyone to use.

Actually, I was wearing a sweater over the t-shirt and noticed one freezing Ms. Jammer in the crowd who could use a sweater and offered up my sweater. Anybody remember that out there?

ahhhhhhhh, Pacific Standard Time!!!

something so simple and yet i was mystified.
  • SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    bump
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
    Like at Phoenix in 2000 where Ed said "we played this place so we could get some golf in, and look at this". Lightning and cold rain everywhere. At least I think it was Phoenix, you know they do run together sometimes. It was the Long Road show from Touring Band.

And in Bessemer 03 I think I remember Ed saying "we scheduled here in April for some sunshine, what the fuck?".

Anyone remember East Troy 2000?
  • MakingWavesMakingWaves Posts: 1,293
    I remember reading about that show and of course seeing it on Touring Band. That looked miserable cold.
    Seeing visions of falling up somehow.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    New Orleans '10 - Jazzfest
    New Orleans '16 - Jazzfest
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
    Anyone else in Florida enjoying this cold weather as much as I am? Can't understand why people complain when we have a little chill considering that most of the time we are sweating our asses off down here.
  • lukin321lukin321 Charlotte, NC Posts: 864
    Dollpartz wrote:
    Anyone else in Florida enjoying this cold weather as much as I am? Can't understand why people complain when we have a little chill considering that most of the time we are sweating our asses off down here.

I'm loving every minute of it! I was getting pretty angry with that warm rainy christmas that we had. I'm all about this though :)
    9/1/98, 8/9/00, 8/12/00, 4/11/03, 4/12/03, 4/13/03, 4/19/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04, 10/3/04, 10/8/04, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 10/30/2013, 4/8/2016, 4/9/2016, 4/11/2016, 4/13/2016
    JTR wrote:

Did not do the fair before hand.........did hear most of the soundcheck. Cold....yes, it was cold and windy. It was a freak April cold snap. The venue is actually in Pelham, not Bessemer........I sure Bessemer would like the credit for having a concert venue. They did big business that night in hoodies and skater's caps.

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    I hate this time of year in TX...its hot one day then cold the next and back and forth like that for about 2 months....terrible! Can't wait to move out of this state!
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    yield2me wrote:
    I hate this time of year in TX...its hot one day then cold the next and back and forth like that for about 2 months....terrible! Can't wait to move out of this state!

I hear ya! Its better than August though.

Play the south.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
    I'd take August over this crap any day, but I actually like it hot...hate cold weather!
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~

BTW......I prefer the cold over 100+ degrees with 98% humidity any day of the week.
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    yield2me wrote:
    I'd take August over this crap any day, but I actually like it hot...hate cold weather!

Really? I don't necessarily like the cold but I get really, really tired of Texas by the time September rolls around.

Play the South!
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
    Flagg wrote:
    Really? I don't necessarily like the cold but I get really, really tired of Texas by the time September rolls around.

Play the South!

I can't stand the cold...my wife and I are actually trying to move to Hawaii :)
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    tybird wrote:
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~

BTW......I prefer the cold over 100+ degrees with 98% humidity any day of the week.

Same here, I am dreading the summer, unless of course I am outside rockin to the sweet sound of Pearl Jam live, say maybe in WPB on a hot humid summer night!

PLAY THE SOUTH!!!!