***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• JTRJTR Posts: 347
    And I keep pushing the refresh button on tenclub.net looking for the announcement. Like a mouse in a drug experiment. Come on!
  • dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    JTR wrote:
    And I keep pushing the refresh button on tenclub.net looking for the announcement. Like a mouse in a drug experiment. Come on!

dude you grew up in durham. ever listen to 96 rock or 106?

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    JTR wrote:

Ha, ha, ha, ha

been there done that. When you finally quit...and go offline, 2 minutes later, they'll post something.
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • JTRJTR Posts: 347
    Of course. Moved to Derm when I was 3 in 1973. Went to Derm Academy and Duke and then moved here to Nashville in 1992. G105 was not on my presets if that's what you're asking.

Ed is listening.
    JTR wrote:
    Of course. Moved to Derm when I was 3 in 1973. Went to Derm Academy and Duke and then moved here to Nashville in 1992. G105 was not on my presets if that's what you're asking.

Ed is listening.

gotcha. then you know the old WQDR crew and WRDU....then you left when i got in. i started at 106 in mid 92.....

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • whulmefwhulmef Posts: 176
    Originally Posted by JTR
    The odd thing about the Cat's Cradle show in 1991 is that I saw Toots and the Maytals there within days of that show. I have no idea why I didn't know PJ was playing. Probably because I'm a Dookie and was listening to REM Green.

Walnut Creek.

Wow, didnt know PJ has played Cat's Cradle. But seriously who hasn't played there? Didn't R.E.M. play Cameron in 89 and wasn't part of it in Tour Film?
    Walnut Creek would deffinately be the best place to see PJ play in the triangle. I would perfer the Smith Center so I could walk there drunk and throw a big party in walking distance of the show, but then again they don't have alcohol there. Regency Park in Cary is really nice but maybe a little small. I would love it if they sold out Walnut Creek. The only concerts in North Carolina that sell out are country shows like Kenny Chesney. This needs to be fixed.
    whulmef wrote:
    Originally Posted by JTR
    The odd thing about the Cat's Cradle show in 1991 is that I saw Toots and the Maytals there within days of that show. I have no idea why I didn't know PJ was playing. Probably because I'm a Dookie and was listening to REM Green.

Walnut Creek.

Wow, didnt know PJ has played Cat's Cradle. But seriously who hasn't played there? Didn't R.E.M. play Cameron in 89 and wasn't part of it in Tour Film?
    Walnut Creek would deffinately be the best place to see PJ play in the triangle. I would perfer the Smith Center so I could walk there drunk and throw a big party in walking distance of the show, but then again they don't have alcohol there. Regency Park in Cary is really nice but maybe a little small. I would love it if they sold out Walnut Creek. The only concerts in North Carolina that sell out are country shows like Kenny Chesney. This needs to be fixed.

when they got the call to do lollapalooza, they were in chapel hill...after the cradle show, a local kid named jimmy (friend of a crew member who happened to be from the area) got hired to drive the van back to seattle, and the boys loaded up on a bus with a driver named frank

unofficial sticky

• you areyou are Posts: 1,651
    please play the south
    please play the south
    please play the south
    please play the south
    please play the south
    please play the south
    please play the south
    please play the south
    please play the south
    please play the south
    please play the south
    please play the south
    please play the south
    please play the south
    please play the south
    please play the south
    please play the south
    please play the south

;):D:p:o :eek: :)
    No need to be void, or save up on life...
    You got to spend it all
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
  • TheGossmanTheGossman Posts: 1,120
    Bump!
    9/4/98, 8/4/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 4/19/03, 4/25/03, 4/26/03, 4/28/03, 4/29/03, 4/30/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/6/04, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 8/5/07, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 6/14/08, 6/16/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    Good Morning my southern friends.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    unofficial sticky

any day now

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    unofficial sticky

god, i hope JTR has good info....

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    tybird wrote:
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~

backatcha

unofficial sticky

dangerboy wrote:
    unofficial sticky

sticky like a 3 ft. piece of toilet paper stuck to their heel.

dangerboy wrote:
    backatcha

unofficial sticky
    right backatcha!!!!

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    My husband is going to be in Portugal when PJ does the festival there.
    ...sigh.... He'll go to see them.

Meanwhile, I may go to Key West, that weekend, with some friends and do the Duval Crawl... (to drown my sorrows)...

and wait, of course, for any news... bump

SPALMA wrote:
    My husband is going to be in Portugal when PJ does the festival there.
    ...sigh.... He'll go to see them.

Meanwhile, I may go to Key West, that weekend, with some friends and do the Duval Crawl... (to drown my sorrows)...

and wait, of course, for any news... bump
    I really need to bird the Florida Keys one of these days.........lots of neat stuff there abouts.
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    tybird wrote:
    I really need to bird the Florida Keys one of these days.........lots of neat stuff there abouts.
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~

I hear there are lots of feathers down there, but not necessarily on the birds :)
    anything I can pick up for you? Local bird guides or organizational literature?

• TheGossmanTheGossman Posts: 1,120
    one of my buddies emailed Carter, and Carter told him that we may not here any news until April, thats a long while!
    9/4/98, 8/4/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 4/19/03, 4/25/03, 4/26/03, 4/28/03, 4/29/03, 4/30/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/6/04, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 8/5/07, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 6/14/08, 6/16/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08
    TheGossman wrote:
    one of my buddies emailed Carter, and Carter told him that we may not here any news until April, thats a long while!

Yup, that's what he's been saying. And it makes sense - in line with how they have been handling their announcements this past year.

SPALMA wrote:
    I hear there are lots of feathers down there, but not necessarily on the birds :)
    anything I can pick up for you? Local bird guides or organizational literature?
    Thanks..........I picked up all of the Florida Birding Trails info when I was down at St. Mark's a couple of weeks back. I also purchased The Birder's Guide to Florida at the gift shop at the wildlife refuge.

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    bump

to sick today to manage anything other than that
    Brian
  • I saved my 8,000th post for this deserving thread!

Play the South!!
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    NCBRI wrote:
    bump

to sick today to manage anything other than that

feel better bri....