~ Play The South ~
    What she said.........

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • so... what are we going to do with this thread when they do play the south?
    "You are everything, and everything is you. Me, you... you, me -- it's all related."
  • dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    LaterDays wrote:
    so... what are we going to do with this thread when they do play the south?

post "thank you" 7500 times

unofficial sticky

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    LaterDays wrote:
    so... what are we going to do with this thread when they do play the south?
    Turn it into a celebration thread!!!!

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • if you are over 30 and you want to feel old....you have to check out this thread....

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=233275

another bump for the SOUTH...... the OLD SOUTH!!

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!
    - Benjamin Franklin

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went.
    -Will Rogers

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=233275

another bump for the SOUTH...... the OLD SOUTH!!

Soooo funny. I had a rotary phone and plugged it in to see if it worked (it did). My son had to be instructed on how to dial on it.... stick your finger in the hole...twirl it around to the top... put your finder in the next hole...

It was crazy.
    I remember black & white TVs.

Yes, I feel old... but not when I listen to Pearl Jam :)
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    "all i know is.....anything could happen at any given moment"
    Rotary dial telephones, no cable TV, Black & White Televisions, calculators that cost a bundle and only added, subtracted, multiplied and divided, all the TV stations signed off at midnight, AM radios, eight track tapes, vinyl 45's and Lp's, no microwave ovens......so on and so on.....I am also an old timer.

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
  • goodnight PJ people.
    long day. long night cookin. have a great weekend.

Crowfoot, Blackfoot warrior

"What is life? It is the flash of a firefly in the night. It is the breath of a buffalo in the wintertime. It is the little shadow which runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset."
    “It’s the idea that people living close to nature tend to be noble. It’s seeing all those sunsets that does it. You can’t watch a sunset and then go off and set fire to your neighbor’s tepee. Living close to nature is wonderful for your mental health.”

Daniel Quinn
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
  • yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    We need Pearl Jam soon.....
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
  • you areyou are Posts: 1,651
    come to the south, please! i really, really, really, really, really, really want to see you! please come to the south!! :D:p
    No need to be void, or save up on life...
    You got to spend it all
  • dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    yield2me wrote:
    We need Pearl Jam soon.....

based on the last couple of pages of inanities, i'd say we need them sooner than later

unofficial sticky

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • I could name a number of reasons to play the south: sweet tea, krystals, ford duallies, blonde bombshells, I-95 run, west wind, and the best fuckin' surfers on the planet!!!!!!!!
    dean stirk
  • electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,460
    winn dixie's...~
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    ~Play the South sometime~

Good morning jammers....
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • MakingWavesMakingWaves Posts: 1,293
    Good morning. Is this the week of some news? I don't think so but I can wish.
    Seeing visions of falling up somehow.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    New Orleans '10 - Jazzfest
    New Orleans '16 - Jazzfest
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
  • SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    tybird wrote:
    Rotary dial telephones, no cable TV, Black & White Televisions, calculators that cost a bundle and only added, subtracted, multiplied and divided, all the TV stations signed off at midnight, AM radios, eight track tapes, vinyl 45's and Lp's, no microwave ovens......so on and so on.....I am also an old timer.

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~

my first accounting class, I had to write and add everything by hand. Could not use adding machines. calculators were not even invented yet. A few years later, the first texas instrument calc was over $100.00. Birthday cards have more computing power now.

But the music was fine back then too... only wish we had PearlJam in the 60's & 70's (then I'd have a killer 10c number and great seats!).

• SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    Good morning. Is this the week of some news? I don't think so but I can wish.

Wishing with you.

SPALMA wrote:
    Wishing with you.

"I wish, I wish, I wish, I wish I guess it never stops...."
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    JTR wrote:
    NCBRI - I didn't see that list, could you point me to it and I will see if it matches mine.

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=230659&page=42
    pj23yanks wrote:
    I know someone at ticketmaster and here are preliminary cities that were requested last month:

Atlanta, GA
    Charlotte, NC
    Dallas, TX
    Houston, TX
    Indianapolis, IN
    Jacksonville, FL
    Louisville, KY
    Memphis, TN
    Miami, FL
    Nashville, TN
    Norfolk, VA
    New Orleans, LA
    New York, NY
    Orlando, FL
    Phoenix, AZ
    San Antonio, TX
    Seattle, WA
    St. Louis, MO
    West Palm Beach, FL

Here's the list JTR. How does this mesh with your info?
    Brian
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    dangerboy wrote:
    post "thank you" 7500 times

unofficial sticky

Good call. I think we better cross that bridge when we get to it though.
    Brian
    SPALMA wrote:
    my first accounting class, I had to write and add everything by hand. Could not use adding machines. calculators were not even invented yet. A few years later, the first texas instrument calc was over $100.00. Birthday cards have more computing power now.

But the music was fine back then too... only wish we had PearlJam in the 60's & 70's (then I'd have a killer 10c number and great seats!).
    I remember how expensive the original calculators were........how expensive the first VCRs and CD players were.

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    play the south
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
  • JTRJTR Posts: 347
    There are a few differences, which may be scheduling vs. venue. For instance, I have a Raleigh but not a New Orleans, but it's really close to similar. I do know that when a few more venues are sewn up, they will announce. The correct person told me "without a doubt before the end of the month".
    JTR wrote:
    There are a few differences, which may be scheduling vs. venue. For instance, I have a Raleigh but not a New Orleans, but it's really close to similar. I do know that when a few more venues are sewn up, they will announce. The correct person told me "without a doubt before the end of the month".
    Cool grits..............

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    JTR wrote:

Who is the "correct person"???