***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Dollpartz wrote:
    Meanwhile, back at the ranch, we have been dodging killer tornados here in Central Florida. Here's hoping that tonite will be much more peaceful and serene....
    I am hearing that the storms were responsible for the deaths of a large number of the Whooping Cranes that have been trained to fly behind an ultra-light airplane from Wisconsin to Florida. :(

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    ~Play the South sometime~
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    02.01.07Eddie Vedder and Boom Gaspar will perform at the Jack Johnson's Fourth Annual Kokua Festival on Earth Day weekend, April 21rst and 22nd, 2007 at the Waikiki Shell in Honolulu, Hawaii.

I'm betting that there's where our April Orlando show went to........
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • weenie wrote:
    02.01.07Eddie Vedder and Boom Gaspar will perform at the Jack Johnson's Fourth Annual Kokua Festival on Earth Day weekend, April 21rst and 22nd, 2007 at the Waikiki Shell in Honolulu, Hawaii.

I'm betting that there's where our April Orlando show went to........

Weenie just might be correct.

PJ will play West Palm Beach in October. At least that's what the voices in my head are telling me, but my doctors tell me not to listen to those voices.
    "My Cadillac's sittin in the back, it isn't me, I'm going home in my Galaxy"
    S. Hoon

"My body's nobody's body but mine. You run your own body, let me run mine" Chicago '95

Franken '08
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • JTRJTR Posts: 347
    It is confirmed. July, August, and September through the States. AND a few Southern stops before West and Bridge.
  • electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,460
    JTR wrote:
    It is confirmed. July, August, and September through the States. AND a few Southern stops before West and Bridge.

oMG W H E R E???...~
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Please no more rumors. I'm tired of getting excited and then let down.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
    Flagg wrote:
    Please no more rumors. I'm tired of getting excited and then let down.
    True.................

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    JTR wrote:

And you know this to be true because............????
    No, this is not your usual rumor BS. Look at my previous posts. Have faith, as soon as the venues are tied up next week, they will announce. Before then creates havoc for the venue. It's coming...
    tybird wrote:
    I am hearing that the storms were responsible for the deaths of a large number of the Whooping Cranes that have been trained to fly behind an ultra-light airplane from Wisconsin to Florida. :(

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~

Having another rainy day today, hopefully no more killer storms. 19 people died Friday morning. There is a strange eerie look to the sky this morning. Weird scary weather.
    did you peeps see something a little bit different in the sky in florida the other day?...~
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

did you peeps see something a little bit different in the sky in florida the other day?...~

huh?
    Dollpartz wrote:
    huh?

nvm...but i got a picture of it...~
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

I know this is only my 12th Post, I have just never been into this message thing, BUT being from the South has me equally feeling lonely even though I have been to so many shows in the past two years. We will be happy to have a few of those sweltering (2000 & 2003) nights where you end up in a ditch at 4:00 am. instead of wandering through the empty streets of Calgary after hearing "Pearl Jam's Greatest Hits". Know what I mean? Need a good Satan's Bed, Blood, Dissident run.
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    JTR wrote:
    No, this is not your usual rumor BS. Look at my previous posts. Have faith, as soon as the venues are tied up next week, they will announce. Before then creates havoc for the venue. It's coming...

Yeah, I saw the one about Ed going solo and this being their last tour. And the one about them only playing a couple of festivals this summer and then concentrating on writing for a new album. :rolleyes:
    Don't take offense if the July thing is legit. It would make sense. Just confused over the contradictory info you have given out. If its true, when will we know? Next week?
    Brian
    nvm...but i got a picture of it...~

show us your picture!
    The Ed solo career was just being funny. C'mon. You have to see the thread.
    Dollpartz wrote:
    show us your picture!

i can't over the net. i made a promise...~
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

i can't over the net. i made a promise...~

alrighty then
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    JTR wrote:
    The Ed solo career was just being funny. C'mon. You have to see the thread.

Fair enough. I was only reading your individual posts. But what about the only playing a few Euro festivals and then starting to work on a new album post. Are we to believe that (gasp) THEY don't even know what they want to do? This I can believe!
    Brian
  • TheGossmanTheGossman Posts: 1,120
    lets get this fucker to 7,000 before the end of the day guys! Play da SOUF!!!!
    9/4/98, 8/4/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 4/19/03, 4/25/03, 4/26/03, 4/28/03, 4/29/03, 4/30/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/6/04, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 8/5/07, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 6/14/08, 6/16/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    JTR wrote:

just a few?

so according to you, we should hear something in the next few days?

*is very fragile*
    i just hope my pc doesn't decide to fizzle out on me, again be4 some real pj news...~
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    i just hope my pc doesn't decide to fizzle out on me, again be4 some real pj news...~

that would suck;p
  • yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    good morning all...bump
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • bumping in hope for some news......
    that would suck;p

o hell yeh!...~
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~