***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    Bringing out the cheese on a Friday before jetting off to work unofficial sticky:
    (key the piano)

Just a small town girl
    Living in a lonely world
    She took the midnight train going anywhere
    Just a city boy
    Born and raised in South Detroit
    He took the midnight train going anywhere

A singer in a smoky room
    A smell of wine and cheap perfume
    For a smile they can share the night
    It goes on and on and on and on

{Refrain}
    Strangers, waiting, up and down the boulevard
    Their shadows searching in the night
    Streetlight people, living just to find emotion
    Hiding somewhere in the night

Working hard to get my fill
    Everybody wants a thrill
    Paying anything to roll the dice
    Just one more time
    Some will win, some will lose
    Some were born to sing the blues
    Oh the movie never ends

{Refrain}

Don't stop believing
    Hold on to that feeling
    Streetlight people
    Brian
  • SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    NCBRI wrote:
    Bringing out the cheese on a Friday before jetting off to work unofficial sticky:
    (key the piano)

Just a small town girl
    Living in a lonely world
    She took the midnight train going anywhere
    Just a city boy
    Born and raised in South Detroit
    He took the midnight train going anywhere

A singer in a smoky room
    A smell of wine and cheap perfume
    For a smile they can share the night

{Refrain}
    Strangers, waiting, up and down the boulevard
    Their shadows searching in the night
    Streetlight people, living just to find emotion
    Hiding somewhere in the night

Working hard to get my fill
    Everybody wants a thrill
    Paying anything to roll the dice
    Just one more time
    Some will win, some will lose
    Some were born to sing the blues
    Oh the movie never ends

{Refrain}

Don't stop believing
    Hold on to that feeling
    Streetlight people

I didn't realize how great Journey can sound on paper. cool.
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • callencallen Posts: 6,388
    Unofficial Sticky boost...no second page on my watch.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
    ~ Play The South ~ ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    tybird wrote:
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~

U know of good relatively inexpensive American bird identification picture book??? How do you'all pick them out?
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
    callen wrote:
    U know of good relatively inexpensive American bird identification picture book??? How do you'all pick them out?
    I prefer the Sibley's Field Guide to Birds of Eastern North America as my main source in the field.......it's just at $20 and readily available in any bookstore. It is the small Sibley's with an American Goldfinch on front. The "big" Sibley's (with a hawk on front) is too bulky to carry in the field.

National Geographic makes a small book specific to Texas.....but it leaves out many "common" birds.

Practice, practice, practice is the best way to pick them out.......go out with experienced birders and learn from them. Don't be afraid to ask them questions. Good binoculars also help.

There's a lot of great birding possibilities along the Texas coastline near to Houston.

~ PLAY THE SOUTH ~
    ~ PLAY THE SOUTH ~
    ~ PLAY THE SOUTH ~
    bump

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
  • weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    ~Play the South sometime~

lunchtime bump
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    sometime in the very near future, please.........:)
  • Eddie, I'm gettin OLD. I am 38! I have been a fan since 91. Please come to atlanta before I'm a grandma walking with a cane!!!
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    Eddie... Im NOT GETTIN ANY YOUNGER...im 18... and well, ive been a fan since i can remember...

so get your fat booties back here!!!!
    Eddie, I'm gettin OLD. I am 38! I have been a fan since 91. Please come to atlanta before I'm a grandma walking with a cane!!!
    I'm 41 (42 in 22 days)........I have been a fan since 1992 when I first heard "Alive" and bought "Ten" the first time I saw it in a store.

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    tybird wrote:
    I'm 41 (42 in 22 days)........I have been a fan since 1992 when I first heard "Alive" and bought "Ten" the first time I saw it in a store.

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~

there is an older PJ fan than I....but just barely... (-: I'm using PJ to keep me young by the way.....and I'll outjump any 20 Y/O at a concert.

Oh unofficial sticky bump.
    sniff, sniff... got my AARP membership offer and 10C brochure (predecessor to DEEP) on the same day
    (at 50).

Did NOT join AARP, but keep them both in my briefcase.

Damn, I am still pissed, but I find myself bumping this thread... just can't stand to see it anywhere but on the top.

• FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    i cant believe we havnt heard anything yet...

i really cant....
    SPALMA wrote:
    sniff, sniff... got my AARP membership offer and 10C brochure (predecessor to DEEP) on the same day
    (at 50).

Did NOT join AARP, but keep them both in my briefcase.
    Had a professor tell us that the AARP discounts are worth the price of membership......and it is a very influential lobby on Capital Hill.

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    tybird wrote:
    Had a professor tell us that the AARP discounts are worth the price of membership......and it is a very influential lobby on Capital Hill.

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~

Really?? I certainly didn't reject it out of vanity, I just didn't see where I would use any of the benefits with the way that I travel, have other resources (corporate discounts etc.). Didn't think of the lobbying power - maybe I'll check it out.

SPALMA wrote:
    Really?? I certainly didn't reject it out of vanity, I just didn't see where I would use any of the benefits with the way that I travel, have other resources (corporate discounts etc.). Didn't think of the lobbying power - maybe I'll check it out.
    Glad that I could be of service...........:D

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Meanwhile, back at the ranch, we have been dodging killer tornados here in Central Florida. Here's hoping that tonite will be much more peaceful and serene....
    Dollpartz wrote:
    Meanwhile, back at the ranch, we have been dodging killer tornados here in Central Florida. Here's hoping that tonite will be much more peaceful and serene....
    Tornadoes are bad,......don't do tornadoes. Umkay.

Lived through a couple, myself.............bad stuff.

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    Back to back bumps for a second page rescue

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
  • here's bumping to one more night in the kitchen.

“People deserve. . . the truth. They deserve honesty. The best music, you can seek some shelter in it momentarily, but it's essentially there to provide you something to face the world with.”
    Bruce Springsteen

So come on 10C, Curtis Mang., and PJ give us the truth........something
    “It’s the idea that people living close to nature tend to be noble. It’s seeing all those sunsets that does it. You can’t watch a sunset and then go off and set fire to your neighbor’s tepee. Living close to nature is wonderful for your mental health.”

Daniel Quinn
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~

Good night, friends........
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    Heard Love Reign O'er Me on the radio tonight at work. Apparently the station had several people calling requesting it. Is this thing going to become an official single? Its not on the soundtrack right? Had to listen to the dj talk about how us Ten Club members already had our single. I wanted to scream at the radio that the whole world will have already heard the song before we actually get our grubby little hands on the vinyl.

In an unrelated but funny story, I was listening to the same station (ok I guess it is related) and apparently they have a show on late Friday nights where they just play old "hair bands". Well, the first commercial break comes on and its an add for some religious group and goes on about how "cool" it is to find Jesus. Very funny to listen to it and realize that they think kids listening to "hair bands" are into devil worship and all kinds of stuff. Its obvious too, because I have never heard the commercial played at any other time on the station.
    Brian
  • DELETEDDELETED Posts: 421
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    saturday morning bump
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~