***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• MakingWavesMakingWaves Posts: 1,293
    tybird wrote:
    The land of the Giant Mouse, eh????

Pearl Jam
    The South
    Dreaming

Yeah, that sounds good. All of the rumors or beams of hope seem to be originating from there. So it only seem logical to make Orlando the best show of the Southern tour.
    Seeing visions of falling up somehow.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    New Orleans '10 - Jazzfest
    New Orleans '16 - Jazzfest
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
  • Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    Bumping to see my first PJ show soon :D
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
  • SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    Yes, good work SPALMA. I wonder what show everyone should go to? I want it to be Orlando.

Orlando Orena sucks for sound. (althogh closer to home), Tampa has a new amphitheater but doubt they'll go to both Orlando & Tampa.

Love the Coral Skies West Palm amphitheater. (or whatever it is called now)

I'm hoping to catch West Palm I & II, Orlando and Atlanta. Just dreaming I suppose.

Thought I heard another radio announcement today (but may be wrong) but had to actually work at that moment - so am not sure what he said. I was in a meeting and kept inching the volume up (it WAS distracting...but they know me by now)

Hey, and to show our southern hospitality, y'all northerners at all welcome to join us at any show.
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    The stockings were hung by southern chimnies with care,

In hopes that Pearl Jam soon would be there;
    Brian
    All the time spent on Christmas prep has taken a toll. I've been slack at keeping up my daily posting in this thread so Im gonna make up for it with a couple of extra doses. Nice little rumours floating around cyberspace I see. Lets hope it happens. I think its safe to say we all have the same thing on our "wishlist" this year. I haven't see the boys since Asheville 04. Looking forward to once again being able to stand amongst the best fans in the world and watch/listen to the best band in the world.

PJ
    South
    Brian
  • Please!!!
    "So, you must really love Led Zeppelin. That’s the oldest shirt I’ve ever seen on someone who wasn’t a bum."
    "Hey, if God didn’t want me to wear it so much, he wouldn’t have made them rock so hard."
    tybird wrote:
    Good morning............actually got a little sleep last night.......this breathing through the mouth only thing is not as easy as it sounds. Having my head elevated also has taken some getting used to..........

PJ
    South
    '07

I hear ya with the whole elevated head thing. When I was in high school I broke my cheek bone and eye socket and had to have reconstructive surgery. It was hard to get used to sleeping like that. The worst thing though was that I was told not to sneeze. I had visions of me getting an itchy nose and letting one fly and having everything move around in there.

Just think, though, one day when we finally get some good news around here, it will be much easier for you to breathe a sigh of relief.

PJ
    South
    Brian
  • Pearl Jam 07' Please play the South! STILL faithful
    And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky,a human being that was given 2 fly - Bryan you are loved R.I.P
  • pearl jam

i love you

we love you

please come visit
    4/18/03, 10/6/04, 9/11/05, 6/24/06, 6/16/08, ?
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    NCBRI wrote:
    I hear ya with the whole elevated head thing. When I was in high school I broke my cheek bone and eye socket and had to have reconstructive surgery. It was hard to get used to sleeping like that. The worst thing though was that I was told not to sneeze. I had visions of me getting an itchy nose and letting one fly and having everything move around in there.

Just think, though, one day when we finally get some good news around here, it will be much easier for you to breathe a sigh of relief.

PJ
    South
    I can sneeze.........I just can't blow my nose!!!

PJ
    South
    '07
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    G'nite... everyone rest up, be well, the holiday is near - enjoy the moment.

• nightly bump!

WAY TO GO BLUE DEVILS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love is what's in the room with you at Christmas if you stop opening presents and listen.
    “It’s the idea that people living close to nature tend to be noble. It’s seeing all those sunsets that does it. You can’t watch a sunset and then go off and set fire to your neighbor’s tepee. Living close to nature is wonderful for your mental health.”

Daniel Quinn
  • whulmefwhulmef Posts: 176
    tarheel bump
    good morning - have a great day

• stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    So we are thinking March or April?
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
    so the rumor is... which is unconfirmed rumor per our local radio station...

But I'm hoping, real hard...(with both eyes squeezed shut)

• yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    SPALMA wrote:
    so the rumor is... which is unconfirmed rumor per our local radio station...

But I'm hoping, real hard...(with both eyes squeezed shut)

I'm guessing we'll hear some news after the first of the year when the holidays are over
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
    whulmef wrote:
    tarheel bump

Those are the best kind.

Merry Christmas to all those headed out of town early today.

PJ
    South
    Brian
    A still struggling to get out of bed in the morning bump......I hope this operation pays dividends in the future.

PJ
    South
    '07
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    Rest Tybird... it will.

Closing the shop early, going home to take a nap to go to a party tonight.

Enjoy all!

• SPALMA wrote:
    Rest Tybird... it will.

Closing the shop early, going home to take a nap to go to a party tonight.

Enjoy all!

Have a great Christmas, Spalma!!!
    The Daystar

"But --you say that Dreams have no power here? Tell me, Lucifer Morningstar...Ask yourselves, all of you...What power would hell have if those here imprisoned were not able to Dream of Heaven?" Dream speaking to Lucifer as written by Neil Gaiman.
    daystar143 wrote:
    Have a great Christmas, Spalma!!!
    I second that thought...........have a great Christmas Everyone!!!

PJ
    South
    '07
  • mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    How many posts did the "yield" thread have before it got yanked??? Just wondeing how much longer we'll have on this one
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
    mookie9999 wrote:
    How many posts did the "yield" thread have before it got yanked??? Just wondeing how much longer we'll have on this one
    The Music game thread is over 45,000 posts and still climbing.......hopefully we can keep this one going until our request finally happens....

Pearl Jam
    The South
    Please
    Back to back bumps......second page rescue
    mookie9999 wrote:

YOu know, I didn't check that one. I checked the Argentina/So. America and the Australia threads they averaged around 200+ posters.

Happy Holidays to everyone! Heading out to a party.

• Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    SPALMA wrote:
    YOu know, I didn't check that one. I checked the Argentina/So. America and the Australia threads they averaged around 200+ posters.

Happy Holidays to everyone! Heading out to a party.

haha, I'm proud to say I was once part of the Argentina one :D

BUMP FOR THE SOUTH!! and Happy Holidays! :)
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
  • weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    NCBRI wrote:
    The stockings were hung by southern chimnies with care,

In hopes that Pearl Jam soon would be there;

Hear, hear - that's MY Christmas wish. Been lax with posting lately myself. Too much going on with all the Christmas hub-bub. Anyway, a 10 clubber who was nice enough to get me to the Vegas show, told me that Stone's "significant other" is pregnant, and so is Mikey's girl, and that these events might determine exactly when they tour the South. Interesting thought.....
    Anyway, just thought I'd pass that along to all my fellow hardcores who've been keeping this thread alive. Gotta go bake some Christmas cookies!

BUMP for the South~~~~~
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • a quick "i cannot believe my sons monkey bars i'm putting together has this many freakin pieces BUMP!"
    Goodnight ya'll and have much peace.

"WE DID NOT PLAY THE MUSIC, THE MUSIC PLAYED US" JEROME GARCIA
    “It’s the idea that people living close to nature tend to be noble. It’s seeing all those sunsets that does it. You can’t watch a sunset and then go off and set fire to your neighbor’s tepee. Living close to nature is wonderful for your mental health.”

Daniel Quinn
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Merry Christmas everybody! Probably won't be posting again for a couple of days. Stay safe!
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13