***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    definately, im due for a road trip
    We would certainly welcome you.........

The South
    Pearl Jam
    The Dream
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • yeah!! play the south! you deserve it! I join the cause! I'm not from there but you all deserve shows!! and for Flagg from texas! ;)
    Pearl Jam Mexico 2005, The greatest year ever!
    December 9, 10 - ESTA BIEN, ESTA BIEEEEEN!

www.myspace.com/clau_yellowled
  • I erased it, a LIFE wasted, I'm never going back again!!!!!!!!
    GOD DAMN it, I wanna hear that live!!!!!!!!
    dean stirk
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    yeah!! play the south! you deserve it! I join the cause! I'm not from there but you all deserve shows!! and for Flagg from texas! ;)

Why, gracias mi amigo!
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • not happenin is it?
    i'm so sad :(
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~PJ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥ KoL ¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1/14/95, Charlotte 2000, 2003:4/15, 4/16, 7/1, 7/5, 7/6, 7/8, 7/9, 2006: 5/27, 5/28, 5/30;6/17/08, 6/28/08
    *** www.myspace.com/pirljamgirl***
    not happenin is it?
    i'm so sad :(
    Don't you ever....
    don't you never say die
    or something like that

The South
    Pearl Jam
    Some states of love and trust
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • .....anyone attend '92 lollapalooza central Florida fairgrounds on here????
    dean stirk
  • C'Mon.....New Orleans, Birmingham, Atlanta, Charlotte, Memphis, Tampa, W. Palm, Orlando.....Let's make this happen!!!!!!!!!!
    dean stirk
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    surfponce wrote:
    C'Mon.....New Orleans, Birmingham, Atlanta, Charlotte, Memphis, Tampa, W. Palm, Orlando.....Let's make this happen!!!!!!!!!!
    looks like we have been to alot of the same shows.West Palm Beach 2003 was my faorite so far.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
  • Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    I haven't been around the message boards in a while. Anything new I should be aware of? :)

THE SOUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
    Pearl_Juli wrote:
    I haven't been around the message boards in a while. Anything new I should be aware of? :)

THE SOUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    No news is no news
    is that good or bad
    I don't Know

The South!!!!
    Pearl Jam
    It could be historical
    In honor of Barking dogs:
    Plant Some Trees...play The South
    Movin this info to the last page for all to see.....

This little movement seems to have grown some legs of its own....

The *** Official Plant a Tree, Play the South*** petition has been merged with this thread.

Im going to keep posting this until we get lots more people on board.

We are hoping to get the attention of the band and do something great for the enviroment at the same time. What we would like to do is plant as many trees as possible in order to offset the "Carbon Footprint" (see Activism) of PJ'S tour when they come southward (and I know they will!)

Below are some suggested links to foundations that will plant trees for small donations. They will even send you a certificate indicating that the trees have been planted and where they were planted. For as little as 10 bucks, only half the cost of your 10c membership, you can get 10 trees planted in honor of PJ's Southern Tour leg in 2007.

My 10 trees are planted and they should be photosynthesising as we speak. Once my certificate arrives, it will be forwarded to the 10c.

Folks, its entirely possible, with a little help we could get litterally thousands of trees planted with this little "Southern Homegrown Movement".

The steps are simple:

1) Pick a foundation from the links below (or any other that you like), or just visit your local home improvement
    megastore.

2) Purchase your trees. (stealing your neighbor's trees and re-planting them is NOT recommended .)

3) Have your certificate, if applicable, filled out to indicate that these trees were planted in honor of Pearl Jam's Southern US Tour in 2007.

Or, if you plant a tree at your house, just snap a picture.

4) Send your certificate, printed email receipt or photo to the 10c at the below address.

** SNAIL MAIL IS THE OPTIMAL ATTENTION GETTING METHOD.**
    on the outside of your envelope please write:
    "Trees for Pearl Jam Movement"

It's that easy!

Let's really get the band's attention in a positive way instead of just bitchin and moaning!

Re-Forestation Links:

http://www.arborday.org/join/TICTIM/index.cfm

http://www.americanforeststore.org/

http://www.saveourhemlocks.org/

And the 10c address to mail in that certificate or photo:

Pearl Jam
    PO Box 4570
    Seattle, WA
    98194-0570

THANKS AGAIN TO ALL WHO HAVE OFFERED A BOATLOAD OF AWESOME SUGGESTIONS AND HELPFUL LINKS AND THANKS FOR BEING ALL AROUND COOL PEOPLE!

LET'S MAKE THIS WORK! GO PLANT A TREE!

Facts From the Arbor Day Foundation Site:

Over the course of 50 years, a single tree can generate $31,250 of oxygen, provide $62,000 worth of air pollution control, recycle $37,500 worth of water, and control $31,500 worth of soil erosion.
    __ __ ____ ___ ___ _____ ___ _____ ___ ___ ___ __ __ ___

So, based on the list we have so far (if youve planted a tree or ten, please add your name to the list that's circulating):

We will have generated $ 4,687,500.00 worth of oxygen, provided $9,300,000.00 worth of air polution control, recycled $5,625,000.00 worth of water and controlled $4,725,000.00 worth of soil erosion!!!

How about those numbers boys and girls...all from 15 people planting 10 trees each for a grand total of only $150 !!

So, let me reitterate my point again in another way...for only $10...1/2 the cost of your 10c membership, 1/3 the cost of a tour poster (about 1/10 if you go and flip it on eBay) or the roughly the cost of 9 Wendy's Bacon Jr. Cheesburgers (plus tax)... you can help out a great cause and get PJ's attention in an environmentally friendly way....

Help us offset the "Carbon Footprint" (see Activism header on 10c website) of PJ's tour, (and hopefully grab enough of their attention that they will add the South to their 2007 tour itenerary), by coughing up measly 10 bucks on your next payday (you're only gonna blow it on booze and smokes anyway)..... visit one of the suggested websites today and......

PLANT A FEW TREES so PJ will PLAY THE SOUTH!
  • SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    stoneg wrote:
    West Palm Beach 2003 was my faorite so far.

My favorite in the US too.
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
  • Please!!!
    "So, you must really love Led Zeppelin. That’s the oldest shirt I’ve ever seen on someone who wasn’t a bum."
    "Hey, if God didn’t want me to wear it so much, he wouldn’t have made them rock so hard."
  • Please again!!!
    "So, you must really love Led Zeppelin. That’s the oldest shirt I’ve ever seen on someone who wasn’t a bum."
    "Hey, if God didn’t want me to wear it so much, he wouldn’t have made them rock so hard."
  • Please once more!!!
    Wow....a natural hat trick

Pearl Jam
    The South
    Rock'in Paradise
  • weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    I vote for WPB 2003 too~ I was living in Ft. Myers at the time and it was truly a special experience.

And here's yet ANOTHER reason for PJ to play the South....

I just had cataract surgery and I can see colors and things like I never saw them before......I'll be able to see the boys in a brand new way. So they HAVE to play the south so I can enjoy them a la my brand new vision. And I can jump around without worrying about getting glasses knocked to the ground...... :)

Everything's bright and shiny so come on down guys~ just about any southern cities will do!
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
    weenie wrote:
    I vote for WPB 2003 too~ I was living in Ft. Myers at the time and it was truly a special experience.

And here's yet ANOTHER reason for PJ to play the South....

I just had cataract surgery and I can see colors and things like I never saw them before......I'll be able to see the boys in a brand new way. So they HAVE to play the south so I can enjoy them a la my brand new vision. And I can jump around without worrying about getting glasses knocked to the ground...... :)

Everything's bright and shiny so come on down guys~ just about any southern cities will do!
    Congrats on the improved vision...........hopefully you will have the opportunity to put it to use in the near future....we can hope

Pearl Jam
    The South
    Let a new day dawn
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    i Heart
    Tybrid
    alot.

Pearl Jam
    please
    the south
    soon
    just
    a
    little
    info would
    be great

even.
    i Heart
    Tybrid
    alot.

Pearl Jam
    please
    the south
    soon
    just
    a
    little
    info would
    be great

even.
    Thank you, thank you very much..........

Pearl Jam
    The South
    Let the love flow.....
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    Keep your ears to the ground.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
    weenie wrote:

I took my co-worker for cataract surgery and it made all the difference in the world. Enjoy...

Well, I made ISO 9001:2000 AND AS9100 certification today, It has been an 8 year project. I have 60 employees - all invested and paticipating in this world class classification - I am blown away by the support of the entire orgnaization. it may be a step forward for all of us, perhaps some security for all of us an our families - maybe 200 people affected directly -and am intensly proud. In this everchanging world, a little security is a luxury.

We are riding a high =Almost to the level of intensity of PJ music. Fuck it! PJ should come down and celebrate, us, them and what is RIGHT in the world.

Fuck it! I have been partying since 4 pm and Fuck it! they should be part of it too. Have been listening to boots since 6 pm.

We are GREAT from the South and one day they may realize it. And, Fuck it - so should the rest of the world!

And fuck it! BUMP

• BUMP FOR FLORIDA! Please, a little hint?
    And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky,a human being that was given 2 fly - Bryan you are loved R.I.P
    SPALMA wrote:
    Well, I made ISO 9001:2000 AND AS9100 certification today, It has been an 8 year project. I have 60 employees - all invested and paticipating in this world class classification - I am blown away by the support of the entire orgnaization. it may be a step forward for all of us, perhaps some security for all of us an our families - maybe 200 people affected directly -and am intensly proud. In this everchanging world, a little security is a luxury.

We are riding a high =Almost to the level of intensity of PJ music. Fuck it! PJ should come down and celebrate, us, them and what is RIGHT in the world.

Fuck it! I have been partying since 4 pm and Fuck it! they should be part of it too. Have been listening to boots since 6 pm.

We are GREAT from the South and one day they may realize it. And, Fuck it - so should the rest of the world!

And fuck it! BUMP
    Congrats again
    I know how much work y'all invested
    Have a little fun.....blow off steam

Pearl Jam
    The South
    Pure quality, baby!
    Gone on an Audubon Society Field trip
    Wheeler National Wildlife Refuge
    Hope to see thousands and thousands
    Ducks, geese and Sandhill Cranes
    Take care

Pearl Jam
    The South
    Live on the Wild Side
  • MakingWavesMakingWaves Posts: 1,293
    It's the Iron Bowl! For one day I won't worry about Pearl Jam coming to see us. But if Auburn loses and I wake up to no news tomorrow....man, that will be bad.
    WAR EAGLE! and hope to hear something soon.
    Seeing visions of falling up somehow.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    New Orleans '10 - Jazzfest
    New Orleans '16 - Jazzfest
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
    tybird wrote:
    Congrats again
    I know how much work y'all invested
    Have a little fun.....blow off steam

Pearl Jam
    The South
    Pure quality, baby!

Ouch..head...eyeballs hurt... big smile
    too cold to get out of bed this morning.
    Ride to beach, perhaps Benaroya Hall on the way.

Start another day of hope, some news, an interview, even a rumor... maybe Pj will be kind to us today and give us some...

• weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    tybird wrote:
    Congrats on the improved vision...........hopefully you will have the opportunity to put it to use in the near future....we can hope

Pearl Jam
    The South
    Let a new day dawn
    Thanks for the nice sentiment :) I'm not giving up hope..... I may not be on the board as much as before but I'm not giving up hope. They'll be here.

Play the South PJ - so I can put my new eyes to the best use possible!!
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau