***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• corycory Posts: 736
    7 month old thread with less than 5000 responses for a multiple show Southern tour. That may be what the band was talking about as far as interest. Then again, only 7% of us Southerners have the "innernet".
    Revive the heart of the heartless...

Why would you start was has no end?
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    coryhill wrote:
    7 month old thread with less than 5000 responses for a multiple show Southern tour. That may be what the band was talking about as far as interest. Then again, only 7% of us Southerners have the "innernet".
    It won't be less than 5000 responses for long....

The South
    Pearl Jam
    Save us for ourselves.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • coryhill wrote:

After going to the last couple of shows that I've been too, I can completely understand why someone other than country music stars would want to play around my area. It just doesn't sell.

And 4,789 are by the same people.

I still want them to play it though. And I'm sure they will at some point.
    No need to be negative
    save that for the haters
    Some of us are positive

Pearl Jam
    The South
    We can hope....
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    dinner time bump... just listened to Torino boot.
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
    Bumping before dinner
    typing around the cat
    She says "Daddy's is where it's at"

Pearl Jam
    The South
    There's still hope
  • tybird wrote:
    No need to be negative
    save that for the haters
    Some of us are positive

Pearl Jam
    The South
    We can hope....

yea, sorry about that buddy. Trust me, I'm hoping too.
    And 4,789 are by the same people.

Actually about 4200 are by the same people, but if you check the stats we have 550+ contributors which is far more than other monster threads (So. America,Australia).

Like history, it takes surprisingly few in numbers to effect change.

Bump, damnit, Bump.

A good morning y'all
    and welcome to that
    little thing we call
    "Two for Tuesday"

Pearl Jam
    The South
    Please make it happen
    Hitting the back end
    of that Two for Tuesday thang
    Hoping we hit 5000 today
    Sounds like a challenge to me

Pearl Jam
    The South
    A Year of living wonderfully
  • Hit the South and get The Black Keys to open. Would be epic.
  • Florida Florida Florida Florida Florida Florida!!!!!!!!
    And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky,a human being that was given 2 fly - Bryan you are loved R.I.P
    Let's hear for the South
    Simply a lovely place to be
    especially on a day like today

Pearl Jam
    The South
    "I have a dream...."
    It's a beautiful
    Two for Tuesday
    here in the South
    going for 5000

Pearl Jam
    The South
    What a rush
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    closer to 5,000 and closer to 2007.Please the South!
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
    The South
    is a land of contradictions
    if you are not of the land
    you will drive yourself crazy
    trying to figure us out

Pearl Jam
    The South
    It will rock!!
    Making the most
    of my posts
    Doin' it double
    on Two for Tuesday

The South
    Pearl Jam
    There is always hope
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    alright tybird.... seriously, its time for a new set up bud ;)

:D
    alright tybird.... seriously, its time for a new set up bud ;)

What do you not like? or find appealing?
    Answers, I need answers, I say.

Props for Pearl Jam.......please play the South in 2007
    A special double shot
    especially for leathermandi
    positive thoughts your way

The South
    Pearl Jam
    Better than PB&J
    Dang, page 2 bump.

Incase you don't know... we would like Pearl Jam to do a tour in the beautiful South of the Unted States.

• Back to the front with ya! And plant a tree on yer way!

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!
    - Benjamin Franklin

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went.
    -Will Rogers
    Keep barking my good dog

Pearl Jam
    The South
    We'll see ya there
    Let's see some more
    of those old "Two for Tuesday" bumps
    5000 is closer than you think

Pearl Jam
    The South
    Our home, your home
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    tybird wrote:
    A special double shot
    especially for leathermandi
    positive thoughts your way

The South
    Pearl Jam
    Better than PB&J

i wont even ask what the shot is of;p

haha at least make it rhyme!

it just confuses my brain
    reading stuff
    in
    this
    form of writing
    i hope
    pearl jam
    members can
    get it better than i can
    it would be ok
    if
    maybe it rhymed a bit...
    you silly tit

i wont even ask what the shot is of;p

haha at least make it rhyme!

it just confuses my brain
    reading stuff
    in
    this
    form of writing
    i hope
    pearl jam
    members can
    get it better than i can
    it would be ok
    if
    maybe it rhymed a bit...
    you silly tit

Better.........this way? Double shot is a reference to the "Two for Tuesday" thing that was started many a week ago to pump up this thread. Have fun...

Pearl Jam, Please tour the South in 2007
    Double bump...........Two for Tuesday.......just like that silly Classic Rock station in your town.

Please play the South in 2007.
  • callencallen Posts: 6,388
    come on now.....need some PJ to even out all the Toby....I'm a Ford Truck man.....TV commercials.....its driving me feakin nuts already...PLEASE>

Course to take a 3-6 mos rest before you come.

Thanks
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    tybird....switch to pearl jam haiku

unofficial sticky literate southerner bump

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
    dangerboy wrote:
    tybird....switch to pearl jam haiku

unofficial sticky literate southerner bump
    Wow....the vote is on
    what do I do
    play it old, play it new

Pearl Jam
    The South
    What fun it could be