***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    weenie wrote:
    Hey SPALMA-
    How's your meningitis (sp) thing? I hear that's quite painful and I kept thinking about your having it. Just wasn't in the moment enough to wish you well with it. Anyway, hope it's over and done.

Thanks so much... today is the first day with no excruciating headache. Haven't had painkilers in 2 days... (I was so addle-brained). Just feel dizzy, sore and spent. I spent 4 days in hospital with very heavy duty painkillers (and other intraveneous goodies) and then they sent me home with a fistfull of pills. Don't reallly remember 3 whole days.

I had a 10+lb baby (natural) and the pain was no where near as painful as this. That is what got the 3rd doctor's attention - and she did a spinal tap.

Have been taking long lovely rides to the beach and wildlife refuge (listening to our favorite boot, of course) - or sleeping. I check the board when I get a chance. I finally got to see Storytellers the other night and it was painful to watch (my head & eyes) but I watched it all, dammit. :)

Hasta, time for bed again. Thanks.
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    SPALMA wrote:
    Thanks so much... today is the first day with no excruciating headache. Haven't had painkilers in 2 days... (I was so addle-brained). Just feel dizzy, sore and spent. I spent 4 days in hospital with very heavy duty painkillers (and other intraveneous goodies) and then they sent me home with a fistfull of pills. Don't reallly remember 3 whole days.

I had a 10+lb baby (natural) and the pain was no where near as painful as this. That is what got the 3rd doctor's attention - and she did a spinal tap.

Have been taking long lovely rides to the beach and wildlife refuge (listening to our favorite boot, of course) - or sleeping. I check the board when I get a chance. I finally got to see Storytellers the other night and it was painful to watch (my head & eyes) but I watched it all, dammit. :)

And to think, I was about to whine about my crappy ass cold that has kept me away from the board for the past week or so...........

I hope you are feeling better soon, get a lot of rest and don't push yourself. That is some wicked shit you are dealing with as you already know, stay strong and hope you are back up to speed very soon. Sending positive thoughts your way.......

Mary
  • weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    SPALMA wrote:

I'm so sorry you've had to go through all that pain. I'd heard that it was a bitch but I had no idea how BIG a bitch! Hope everything is right again for you soon. Damn, if nothing else you REALLY deserve a PJ tour of the South! They need to get their asses down here so you can forget that damn head pain.

Play the South - for SPALMA!!
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
    Thanks so much Weenie & Dollpartz... am taking it very slow...

It helps to know you are there :)

The only thing better would be an announcement from the PJ camp...

• AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    SPALMA wrote:
    Thanks so much Weenie & Dollpartz... am taking it very slow...

It helps to know you are there :)

The only thing better would be an announcement from the PJ camp...

Yes, Play the South for Spalma!!!!
  • dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    unofficial sticky buzz buzz buzz bump

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Back from the land of the Giant Mouse
    Step daughter was sick, so we could not fly
    drove the 570 miles each way
    Great time was had by all

Glad to see the thread going strong.....

Pearl Jam
    The South
    Like a dream
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    I'm extra grumpy today (growl.......) need more time off! :)

How about some news (one way or the other) from 10C??? (growl......)

BUMP~~~~
    for the South!
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    Soon....I feel it!
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
    Hope you're right Stoneg. How's the weather in Northport today? I'm missing those Ft. Myers beaches big time.....
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

Henry David Thoreau
    weenie wrote:
    I'm extra grumpy today (growl.......) need more time off! :)

How about some news (one way or the other) from 10C??? (growl......)

BUMP~~~~
    for the South!
    Wasn't it Tom Petty who sang "the waiting is the hardest part?"

The South
    Pearl Jam
    Still faithful
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • pjalive21pjalive21 Posts: 2,818
    the waiting is driving me mad.....

when you finally come ill be a mess....
    pjalive21 wrote:
    the waiting is driving me mad.....

when you finally come ill be a mess....
    I thought it was "Jungle Love" that was driving me mad..........makin' me crazy, crazy

Pearl Jam
    The South
    At least, we're fun to hang around with.......
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    "Just another manic Monday"
    Wake up to temps in the 30's and you know what season it is. By afternoon its 70 and you have forgotten what time of year it is.

2007, What do ya say boys? How about a trip down to the land of BBQ and fired football coaches? Consider the light left on down here in North Carolina.

PJ
    South
    Brian
    NCBRI wrote:
    "Just another manic Monday"
    Wake up to temps in the 30's and you know what season it is. By afternoon its 70 and you have forgotten what time of year it is.

2007, What do ya say boys? How about a trip down to the land of BBQ and fired football coaches? Consider the light left on down here in North Carolina.

PJ
    South
    Yeah.......it looks like that "firing football coaches" disease has reached plague levels here in the South.........Alas, poor Shula.......I had high hopes for him.

Pearl Jam
    The South
    Say, y'all want to coach some football teams?
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    tybird wrote:
    Yeah.......it looks like that "firing football coaches" disease has reached plague levels here in the South.........Alas, poor Shula.......I had high hopes for him.

Pearl Jam
    The South
    Say, y'all want to coach some football teams?

Yeah, I saw that. Its funny how at a school like Bama you don't have as much margin for error. Here at Carolina you get a few years of poor performance before they give you the axe. Of course things are different when basketball is the subject here. Fortunately we don't have any problems there now. As far as our football coach, I was disappointed that he didn't work out. Bunting was a great person and the kind of guy you wanted to succeed and be here a long time. Unfortunately he didn't win many games and it was time to look elsewhere. I'm excited about the hiring of Butch Davis. Unlike Bunting he has experience and has proven himself at an elite program.

PJ
    South
    Brian
  • Back to page 1! Give us a hint please!? We miss the boys in Florida! Please Play the South!
    And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky,a human being that was given 2 fly - Bryan you are loved R.I.P
    Bump, Tuesday.

NCBRI wrote:
    Yeah, I saw that. Its funny how at a school like Bama you don't have as much margin for error. Here at Carolina you get a few years of poor performance before they give you the axe. Of course things are different when basketball is the subject here. Fortunately we don't have any problems there now. As far as our football coach, I was disappointed that he didn't work out. Bunting was a great person and the kind of guy you wanted to succeed and be here a long time. Unfortunately he didn't win many games and it was time to look elsewhere. I'm excited about the hiring of Butch Davis. Unlike Bunting he has experience and has proven himself at an elite program.

PJ
    South
    It will be interesting to see what name Bama pulls out of a hat........I really thought that Shula was the man for the job, but something was not clicking.

PJ
    South
    dreaming
    Double shot Tuesday....

BUMP FOR THE SOUTH~~~~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

Henry David Thoreau
    and again.....

PJ - get yer ass down here!!!
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

Henry David Thoreau
    Visit the South
    where the weather changes
    on an almost daily basis

The South
    Pearl Jam
    A Dixieland delight
    Visit the South
    where if you don't like the weather,
    simply wait a few minutes.....
    it will probably change

Pearl Jam
    The South
    Two for Tuesday
  • tybird wrote:
    Visit the South
    where if you don't like the weather,
    simply wait a few minutes.....
    it will probably change

Pearl Jam
    The South
    Two for Tuesday

Ya, I know another palce where the weather changes in a minute - but i'm really here to say hello,Tybird, and lend a hand to the south. From your northern sympathizers....hehe. Back from vaca ?
    Ya, I know another palce where the weather changes in a minute - but i'm really here to say hello,Tybird, and lend a hand to the south. From your northern sympathizers....hehe. Back from vaca ?
    Back from visiting Uncle Walt and his crew..........great time was had by all.

Hello back to the monger of truth........

The South
    Pearl Jam
    we need all the love that we can get
    Working twice as hard
    'cause we're doing it twice
    on Two for Tuesday

The South
    Pearl Jam
    Make some dreams come true........
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    a page 2 save.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
    The beginnings of a double shot
    Here on "Two for Tuesday"

The South
    Pearl Jam
    Be our heroes
    The ending of a double shot
    here on "Two for Tuesday"

The South
    Pearl Jam
    Pretty please
  • macgyver06macgyver06 Posts: 2,500
    Puhlease