***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• Question to anyone who cares? If they were to play Houston or anyplace in that region, how many shows do you think they would play? 1,2, or 3?

Only ask because my mother-in-law lives down there and it would work out well with the misses. ;)
    "Underneath this smile lies everything - all my hopes, anger, pride and shame."
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Question to anyone who cares? If they were to play Houston or anyplace in that region, how many shows do you think they would play? 1,2, or 3?

Only ask because my mother-in-law lives down there and it would work out well with the misses. ;)

Who knows, but for 2000, they played two in Houston, one in Lubbock and one in Dallas.

In 2003 it was one in Houston, one in San Antonio and one in Dallas.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    They should just move to Texas for a few years and ONLY play here...we need their influence more than any other state!!
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    weenie wrote:
    I don't know where ATX is but I do know where ATL is.......
    PJ Please play the South and deliver us from our suffering. I am burning holes in all of my boots from this tour.....
    PLEASE!~
    we even planted trees~

Oops you're right - I corrected... Typo....

Bumped back to first page (another correction).
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
  • What the hell is this doing on the second page???
  • Please!!!
    "So, you must really love Led Zeppelin. That’s the oldest shirt I’ve ever seen on someone who wasn’t a bum."
    "Hey, if God didn’t want me to wear it so much, he wouldn’t have made them rock so hard."
    What a beautiful day!

> http://s119.photobucket.com/albums/o138/SPALMA/blue/?action=view&current=gator11-12-06006.jpg&refPage=&imgAnch=imgAnch1

Took a ride in the wildlife refuge this morning (listening to Lisbon II boot). Awesome spot in the South.
    Pearl Jam should really come down.

• NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    PJ
    The South
    Just wear FEMA T-shirst and we won't even think twice about your late arrival
    Brian
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    SPALMA wrote:
    What a beautiful day!

> http://s119.photobucket.com/albums/o138/SPALMA/blue/?action=view&current=gator11-12-06006.jpg&refPage=&imgAnch=imgAnch1

Took a ride in the wildlife refuge this morning (listening to Lisbon II boot). Awesome spot in the South.
    Pearl Jam should really come down.
    Cool pic
    Will spend next Saturday
    in a wildlife refuge
    looking at birds

The South
    Pearl Jam
    Unbeatable together
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    tybird wrote:
    Cool pic
    Will spend next Saturday
    in a wildlife refuge
    looking at birds

The South
    Pearl Jam
    Unbeatable together

Cool! What a great thing to do on the weekend. Such a break from life.

Yesterday, we saw swallows (don't see them that often at home).We have a refuge (140,000 acres connected to Kennedy Space Center) that few people go to. Most people who live here don't even go. Most beautiful place on earth.

I've seen bald eagles, otters, panther, manta ray, wild boars, whales and lots of pink birds down here... amongst other things (even a bunch of nude people).

Too bad, PJ members are missing out too.

SPALMA wrote:
    Cool! What a great thing to do on the weekend. Such a break from life.

Yesterday, we saw swallows (don't see them that often at home).We have a refuge (140,000 acres connected to Kennedy Space Center) that few people go to. Most people who live here don't even go. Most beautiful place on earth.

I've seen bald eagles, otters, panther, manta ray, wild boars, whales and lots of pink birds down here... amongst other things (even a bunch of nude people).

Too bad, PJ members are missing out too.
    Isn't that also a place to see Florida Scrub Jays? I would love the chance to see that bird in the wild. Pink birds? Roseate Spoonbills?

I will be on a Audubon Society field trip to Wheeler National Wildlife Refuge.....winter home to thousands and thousands of waterfowl, hopefully including some Sandhill Cranes.

Pearl Jam
    The South
    A natural combination
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    tybird wrote:
    Isn't that also a place to see Florida Scrub Jays? I would love the chance to see that bird in the wild. Pink birds? Roseate Spoonbills?

I will be on a Audubon Society field trip to Wheeler National Wildlife Refuge.....winter home to thousands and thousands of waterfowl, hopefully including some Sandhill Cranes.

Pearl Jam
    The South
    A natural combination

Damn! a triple post!!! is that a record?

tybird wrote:

Pearl Jam
    The South
    A natural combination

Website hung up on me - sorry.

tybird wrote:

Pearl Jam
    The South
    A natural combination

Scrub jays - yes. You have to drive slow to avoid them!
    Yes to roseate spoonbill as well.

We all drive slow to avoid the cranes - and they don't rush. Saw a family (have never seen a baby before) this past summer - they are in the around teh houses.

Forgot to mention the nesting sea turtles - an amazing sight - all phases.
    The refuge is an amazing place.

Enjoy your hike!

bump, bump, bump.

• Bump because life is beautiful and Pearl Jam in the south would make it even more beautiful! I love those guys! Play Florida, we miss you!!
    And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky,a human being that was given 2 fly - Bryan you are loved R.I.P
  • Please!!!
    "So, you must really love Led Zeppelin. That’s the oldest shirt I’ve ever seen on someone who wasn’t a bum."
    "Hey, if God didn’t want me to wear it so much, he wouldn’t have made them rock so hard."
    SPALMA wrote:
    Scrub jays - yes. You have to drive slow to avoid them!
    Yes to roseate spoonbill as well.

We all drive slow to avoid the cranes - and they don't rush. Saw a family (have never seen a baby before) this past summer - they are in the around teh houses.

Forgot to mention the nesting sea turtles - an amazing sight - all phases.
    The refuge is an amazing place.

Enjoy your hike!
    Seeing Scrub Jays would rule
    We had a wayward Spoonbill here in Central Alabama this summer
    cool stuff

Pearl Jam
    The South
    We need y'all
    This week we are going for ISO (Aerospace) certification - weeklong quality audit - UGH!

GOOD MORNING BUMP!!

SPALMA wrote:
    This week we are going for ISO (Aerospace) certification - weeklong quality audit - UGH!

GOOD MORNING BUMP!!
    Done my share of ISO audits
    in a previous life
    glad them days are gone

Pearl Jam
    The South
    Because
    tybird wrote:
    Done my share of ISO audits
    in a previous life
    glad them days are gone

Pearl Jam
    The South
    Because

I'm envious... we have been working 8 years towards this. Over soon and then I can hand it off to someone else.

Well, bump for PJ in the South someday.

• Flagg wrote:
    Who knows, but for 2000, they played two in Houston, one in Lubbock and one in Dallas.

In 2003 it was one in Houston, one in San Antonio and one in Dallas.

Thanks for the info. 2 shows in Houston would be excellant.
    "Underneath this smile lies everything - all my hopes, anger, pride and shame."
    Bumping away
    on a bright sunny day
    Head South some day

Pearl Jam
    The South
    Because
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    hey, happy freakin monday people!
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    bumping back to the top!
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    bumping back to the top!
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
    second page save from all the double posting......

Pearl Jam
    The South
    We need y'all
    The board, she is a'broken
    posts are a'coming
    posts are going
    sunk to the second page
    let's see if this will save

The South
    Pearl Jam
    Be our friends
  • Sonic19Sonic19 Posts: 159
    Chili Peppers are finally coming, you guys might as well too ;)
    Stay positive and love your life
    Hooray Florida shows
    Another lovely day
    here in the South
    It just doesn't know
    what it season it wants to be

The South
    Pearl Jam
    The Dream