***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• stoneg wrote:
    just play the south already.Or give us some news.

AMEN
    some official 10c news saying if the boys will OR will not be here.
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Just a bump
    There's always hope

The South
    Pearl Jam
    The Dream
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    Just slipped down to the 2nd page, bump. Good night.
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
  • PLEASE!!!!!! play the south!
    And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky,a human being that was given 2 fly - Bryan you are loved R.I.P
  • why is this on the third (!!!!!) page
    bump to continue the hope..

Play the South please!
    "The ocean's made me, but who came up with love?"

D.C. '00
    West Palm Beach '03
    Tampa '03
    Philadelphia '03
    Albany '03
    Mexico City 1,2,3 '03
    Pittsburgh '06
    Cincinnati '06
    NYC 2 '10
    Costa Rica '11
    Mexico City '15
    Dana Point '21
    Chicago 2 '24
    We've passed 4900
    onto 5000 posts
    we go

The South
    Pearl Jam
    Sweeter together
    than a Reese's Cup
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    It's Friday! Going to take a ride and listen to Pearl Jam.

Hoping the Aussies are enjoying their shows!

Yeah Friday
    T.G.I.F.
    And all that good stuff

Pearl Jam
    The South
    Now that's a hat trick!!!
  • nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    Fuck the south! Come back to the UK!
    nuffingman wrote:
    Fuck the south! Come back to the UK!
    We love you, too...........
    And people say bad things about Americans
    like how we're selfish and ego-centric and rude
    and how we lack class
    Call this exhibit A

The South
    Pearl Jam
    We don't have to be rude
  • callencallen Posts: 6,388
    tybird wrote:
    and how we lack class
    Call this exhibit A

The South
    Pearl Jam
    We don't have to be rude

was a funny post though...have to say.

EDDIE..Come on down....bring the fellas...we still need you.

Thanks in advance.

Callen.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
    callen wrote:
    was a funny post though...have to say.

EDDIE..Come on down....bring the fellas...we still need you.

Thanks in advance.

Callen.
    Reminds of our friend, nug......
    where has he/she/it gotten off to...

The South
    Pearl Jam
    Unbeatable
    in 2007
    Plant Some Trees...play The South
    Movin this info to the last page for all to see.....

This little movement seems to have grown some legs of its own....

The *** Official Plant a Tree, Play the South*** petition has been merged with this thread.

Im going to keep posting this until we get lots more people on board.

We are hoping to get the attention of the band and do something great for the enviroment at the same time. What we would like to do is plant as many trees as possible in order to offset the "Carbon Footprint" (see Activism) of PJ'S tour when they come southward (and I know they will!)

Below are some suggested links to foundations that will plant trees for small donations. They will even send you a certificate indicating that the trees have been planted and where they were planted. For as little as 10 bucks, only half the cost of your 10c membership, you can get 10 trees planted in honor of PJ's Southern Tour leg in 2007.

My 10 trees are planted and they should be photosynthesising as we speak. Once my certificate arrives, it will be forwarded to the 10c.

Folks, its entirely possible, with a little help we could get litterally thousands of trees planted with this little "Southern Homegrown Movement".

The steps are simple:

1) Pick a foundation from the links below (or any other that you like), or just visit your local home improvement
    megastore.

2) Purchase your trees. (stealing your neighbor's trees and re-planting them is NOT recommended .)

3) Have your certificate, if applicable, filled out to indicate that these trees were planted in honor of Pearl Jam's Southern US Tour in 2007.

Or, if you plant a tree at your house, just snap a picture.

4) Send your certificate, printed email receipt or photo to the 10c at the below address.

** SNAIL MAIL IS THE OPTIMAL ATTENTION GETTING METHOD.**
    on the outside of your envelope please write:
    "Trees for Pearl Jam Movement"

It's that easy!

Let's really get the band's attention in a positive way instead of just bitchin and moaning!

Re-Forestation Links:

http://www.arborday.org/join/TICTIM/index.cfm

http://www.americanforeststore.org/

http://www.saveourhemlocks.org/

And the 10c address to mail in that certificate or photo:

Pearl Jam
    PO Box 4570
    Seattle, WA
    98194-0570

THANKS AGAIN TO ALL WHO HAVE OFFERED A BOATLOAD OF AWESOME SUGGESTIONS AND HELPFUL LINKS AND THANKS FOR BEING ALL AROUND COOL PEOPLE!

LET'S MAKE THIS WORK! GO PLANT A TREE!

Facts From the Arbor Day Foundation Site:

Over the course of 50 years, a single tree can generate $31,250 of oxygen, provide $62,000 worth of air pollution control, recycle $37,500 worth of water, and control $31,500 worth of soil erosion.
    __ __ ____ ___ ___ _____ ___ _____ ___ ___ ___ __ __ ___

So, based on the list we have so far (if youve planted a tree or ten, please add your name to the list that's circulating):

We will have generated $ 4,687,500.00 worth of oxygen, provided $9,300,000.00 worth of air polution control, recycled $5,625,000.00 worth of water and controlled $4,725,000.00 worth of soil erosion!!!

How about those numbers boys and girls...all from 15 people planting 10 trees each for a grand total of only $150 !!

So, let me reitterate my point again in another way...for only $10...1/2 the cost of your 10c membership, 1/3 the cost of a tour poster (about 1/10 if you go and flip it on eBay) or the roughly the cost of 9 Wendy's Bacon Jr. Cheesburgers (plus tax)... you can help out a great cause and get PJ's attention in an environmentally friendly way....

Help us offset the "Carbon Footprint" (see Activism header on 10c website) of PJ's tour, (and hopefully grab enough of their attention that they will add the South to their 2007 tour itenerary), by coughing up measly 10 bucks on your next payday (you're only gonna blow it on booze and smokes anyway)..... visit one of the suggested websites today and......

PLANT A FEW TREES so PJ will PLAY THE SOUTH!
  • Play the RBC already!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i don't mind stealing bread from the mouths of decadence
  • Having just moved South from good old Michigan, I am begging PJ to become more Southern friendly...I am used to being able to catch at least 4 shows/tour, if not more, and I would HATE for that to change!!!

CHARLOTTE LOVES YOU PJ!!! COME BACK :)
    It's like HER thoughts are too big for HER size...
    Love for Pearl Jam
    flows from every state
    below the Mason-Dixon Line

The South
    Pearl Jam
    We're eager
    tybird wrote:
    Love for Pearl Jam
    flows from every state
    below the Mason-Dixon Line

The South
    Pearl Jam
    We're eager

would think they probably wouldnt' play in Alabama.....were would you go to see them??
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
    Having just moved South from good old Michigan, I am begging PJ to become more Southern friendly...I am used to being able to catch at least 4 shows/tour, if not more, and I would HATE for that to change!!!

CHARLOTTE LOVES YOU PJ!!! COME BACK :)

now you'll see how it feels to have to do without or travel to see them (-: course thats not too bad if your forced to going to Canada or the Gorge.
  • i almost shit my bricks just now...........

the pit wasn't loading as it does if there's news and too many people are on.

i was really excited for a second. thought it was news of a tour in THE SOUTH.
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    "I never saw a discontented tree. They grip the ground as though they liked it, and though fast rooted they travel about as far as we do. They go wandering forth in all directions with every wind, going and coming like ourselves, traveling with us around the sun two million miles a day, and through space heaven knows how fast and far!" ~John Muir

i planted a tree (or trees or other vegetation) to offset my carbon footprint while travelling to see pearl jam play the south, and am sending proof to the ten club in the form of a certificate of gift planting or photo of my planting

barkingdogs
    dangerboy
    behindtheeyes
    BeBe
    Riverrunner
    weenie
    mauichick
    SPALMA
    pathorses
    pickupyourwill
    solat1973
    makingwaves
    NCBRI
    dollpartz
    holleroxx
    stoneg
    gardenlover

keep the list going, i mean "growing" unofficial sticky bump

please use the quote function, add your name to the list, and repost!

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
    tybird wrote:
    and how we lack class
    Call this exhibit A

The South
    Pearl Jam
    We don't have to be rude

Love this post! We have been slammed from all around - southerners especially. We are great fans!

• Still faithful we will hear something soon! Please play the south we miss you dearly! Florida loves Pearl Jam!
    And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky,a human being that was given 2 fly - Bryan you are loved R.I.P
  • I can't say I believe we're making a difference - I'm a message pit novice.

But I'm also a PJ lover - so I signed up for this to be a hopeful part of some kind of influence -

Please play North Carolina.

Can anyone out there give me hope?

p.s. I went to the Aug. '05 Missoula show, which was a benefit for Jon Tester and want to say I'm THRILLED by the election results....Although I really went to the show to see PJ, I'm so excited to have been a very small part of something MUCH bigger! woooooooooooo!
  • nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    tybird wrote:
    and how we lack class
    Call this exhibit A

The South
    Pearl Jam
    We don't have to be rude

OK, how about

Forget the southern states of the US of A my good fellows. Head forthwith to these British shores.
  • ATX

Zilker Park.

Make it happen.
    Meet the new boss, Same as the old boss.

Listen to Joe Strummer and the Mescaleros
  • By the way the Australians are beating the shit out of us.
    Meet the new boss, Same as the old boss.

Listen to Joe Strummer and the Mescaleros
    MCO=Orlando
    MIA=Miami
    ATL=Atlanta
    TPA=Tampa

all easy to get to... PearlJam should come south.

nuffingman wrote:
    OK, how about

Forget the southern states of the US of A my good fellows. Head forthwith to these British shores.
    That's a little bit better
    how about
    after touring the South
    look us up in the UK again?

The South
    Pearl Jam
    We would share
  • weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    I don't know where ATX is but I do know where ATL is.......
    PJ Please play the South and deliver us from our suffering. I am burning holes in all of my boots from this tour.....
    PLEASE!~
    we even planted trees~
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
    By the way the Australians are beating the shit out of us.
    Please explain
    what you mean
    I see no bruises
    from said beating.

The South
    Pearl Jam
    It would be great.