***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Good morning and get off the second page bump

Trees Rock

Please play the South
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Good morning bump from South Alabama to get back to the first page.
    Seeing visions of falling up somehow.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    New Orleans '10 - Jazzfest
    New Orleans '16 - Jazzfest
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
  • pleaseeeeeeeeeee come to Texass.............
  • guys look at the number of posts and tell me that these shows won't sell out - if they play big cities they will sell out - i guaran - fucking - tee it!
    As you live your life in sometimes quiet desperation, facing adversity and tragedy: if you have hope and love, that mixture helps you overcome that tragedy and go on with the rest of your life.”
    --Jack Lengyel
  • SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    Whoa! almost 3rd page bump...must be Friday.
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
  • pjalive21pjalive21 Posts: 2,818
    love for the south today

TGIF!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    i found this on the second page

unacceptable!
    I have been out counting birds for a migration database.........who says that we don't do things for the environment here in the Dirty South????? No, I don't get paid for this time.....other than in enjoyment.

Trees Rock

Please Play the South
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Please!!!
    "So, you must really love Led Zeppelin. That’s the oldest shirt I’ve ever seen on someone who wasn’t a bum."
    "Hey, if God didn’t want me to wear it so much, he wouldn’t have made them rock so hard."
    back to the top of the page you go
    A watching PTI bump

Trees Rock

Please Play the South
  • i heard a rumor that they won't play the south until this thread reaches 1,000 pages or 20,000 posts, whichever comes first...........

so this is my contribution to the cause......BUMP.........
  • Ice22Ice22 Posts: 48
    Back to page one.

Play the south!!!!
    PLEASE!!!
  • Hi Pearl Jam-
    For the umpteenth time- PPPPPPPPPPLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEAAAAAASSSSEEEEE play for us!
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    dangerboy wrote:
    yeh....where is brian?

unofficial sticky

I'm here!
    Just got back into town after spending some time with our neighbors to the North in Pennsylvania and New York. Finally made it into Canada also, even if it was just a brief few hours. It sure feels good to be home though.
    Glad to see this thread growing exponentially. It was still below 3,000 when I left. Everyone is jumping on the "Plant a Tree" cause. Good stuff people! Hopefully there are more people onboard than are on the list. I contributed 15 trees to the Katrina ReLeaf Fund last week before I went on vacation, so you can add me to the list. Not sure if I will get a certificate or not, but I'll send them a printed copy of my email receipt if I don't receive anything soon.
    Brian
  • Not gonna give up bump...
  • A "down on my knees, begging, pleading, holy crap your giving me a heart attack PLEEEEEEEEEASE come play the south" bump
    And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky,a human being that was given 2 fly - Bryan you are loved R.I.P
    A Bump to help make up for lost time because PJ Rocks, The South Rocks, and Trees Rock.
    Brian
  • weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    The out of that fucking hell hole for the week BUMP!!!!!!

GOD work SUCKS!!!!

Got my tree certificate today and confirmation that they sent the real certificate to the Ten Club. Hope somebody notices that WE WANT PJ TO PLAY THE SOUTH...............................
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    NCBRI wrote:
    I'm here!
    Just got back into town after spending some time with our neighbors to the North in Pennsylvania and New York. Finally made it into Canada also, even if it was just a brief few hours. It sure feels good to be home though.
    Glad to see this thread growing exponentially. It was still below 3,000 when I left. Everyone is jumping on the "Plant a Tree" cause. Good stuff people! Hopefully there are more people onboard than are on the list. I contributed 15 trees to the Katrina ReLeaf Fund last week before I went on vacation, so you can add me to the list. Not sure if I will get a certificate or not, but I'll send them a printed copy of my email receipt if I don't receive anything soon.

welcome back brian! glad to hear you got out of town for a few days....no matter where home is, going someplace else is always good once in a while, if only to renew your appreciation for home itself....

unofficial sticky still waiting for my certificate so i can send it to the 10c bump.

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
    unofficial sticky bump with some new names on the list!

i planted a tree (or trees or other vegetation) to offset my carbon footprint while travelling to see pearl jam play the south, and am sending proof to the ten club in the form of a certificate of gift planting or photo of my planting

barkingdogs
    dangerboy
    behindtheeyes
    BeBe
    Riverrunner
    weenie
    mauichick
    SPALMA
    pathorses
    pickupyourwill
    solat1973
    makingwaves
    NCBRI

keep the list going, i mean "growing" unofficial sticky bump

please use the quote function, add your name to the list, and repost!

hittin this for barkingdogs, cuz i happen to know he's out of town for a couple of days...spending a few days in virginia....

Movin this info to the last page for all to see.....

This little movement seems to have grown some legs of its own....

The *** Official Plant a Tree, Play the South*** petition has been merged with this thread.

Im going to keep posting this until we get lots more people on board.

We are hoping to get the attention of the band and do something great for the enviroment at the same time. What we would like to do is plant as many trees as possible in order to offset the "Carbon Footprint" (see Activism) of PJ'S tour when they come southward (and I know they will!)

Below are some suggested links to foundations that will plant trees for small donations. They will even send you a certificate indicating that the trees have been planted and where they were planted. For as little as 10 bucks, only half the cost of your 10c membership, you can get 10 trees planted in honor of PJ's Southern Tour leg in 2007.

My 10 trees are planted and they should be photosynthesising as we speak. Once my certificate arrives, it will be forwarded to the 10c.

Folks, its entirely possible, with a little help we could get litterally thousands of trees planted with this little "Southern Homegrown Movement".

The steps are simple:

1) Pick a foundation from the links below (or any other that you like), or just visit your local home improvement
    megastore.

2) Purchase your trees. (stealing your neighbor's trees and re-planting them is NOT recommended :D.)

3) Have your certificate, if applicable, filled out to indicate that these trees were planted in honor of Pearl Jam's Southern US Tour in 2007.

Or, if you plant a tree at your house, just snap a picture.

4) Send your certificate, printed email receipt or photo to the 10c at the below address.

** SNAIL MAIL IS THE OPTIMAL ATTENTION GETTING METHOD.**
    on the outside of your envelope please write:
    "Trees for Pearl Jam Movement"

It's that easy!

Let's really get the band's attention in a positive way instead of just bitchin and moaning!:)

Re-Forestation Links:

http://www.arborday.org/join/TICTIM/index.cfm

http://www.americanforeststore.org/

http://www.saveourhemlocks.org/

And the 10c address to mail in that certificate or photo:

Pearl Jam
    PO Box 4570
    Seattle, WA
    98194-0570

THANKS AGAIN TO ALL WHO HAVE OFFERED A BOATLOAD OF AWESOME SUGGESTIONS AND HELPFUL LINKS AND THANKS FOR BEING ALL AROUND COOL PEOPLE! :D

LET'S MAKE THIS WORK! GO PLANT A TREE!

Gone to count birds in the Audubon Society's Fall Bird count.....have fun.

Trees Rock

Please Play the South
  • Morning All! Keep this thread alive AND

Add me to the list - just purchased 10 trees!
  • unofficial sticky bump with some new names on the list!

i planted a tree (or trees or other vegetation) to offset my carbon footprint while travelling to see pearl jam play the south, and am sending proof to the ten club in the form of a certificate of gift planting or photo of my planting

barkingdogs
    dangerboy
    behindtheeyes
    BeBe
    Riverrunner
    weenie
    mauichick
    SPALMA
    pathorses
    pickupyourwill
    solat1973
    makingwaves
    NCBRI
    Dance For Me

keep the list going, i mean "growing" unofficial sticky bump

please use the quote function, add your name to the list, and repost
  • electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,460

---- ---
    !...~
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

It's Saturday and my cable is out so I think Im gonna watch some of the stuff saved on my DVR in case they have to replace my box BUMP. Im exhausted from just typing that.
    Brian
    I promise to buy some trees on payday....

and i promise to smoke some trees later tonite

please play the south
  • bump bump bump
    bump bump bump

play the south please
    "The ocean's made me, but who came up with love?"

D.C. '00
    West Palm Beach '03
    Tampa '03
    Philadelphia '03
    Albany '03
    Mexico City 1,2,3 '03