***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Getting ready to go to school bump

Trees Rock

Please Play the South
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    I am eating M and M's for breakfast bump!
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
  • $10...that all...half of a 10c membership.....only a third of the cost of a tour poster ( less than a tenth if you flip it on ebay!)....will get you 10 shiny new trees and really show the band we give crap about the environment (PJ playing the SOUTH in 2007)...

so, go steal your spouse's credit card (at your own risk, not highly recommended)... look under the couch cushions, check the washing machine....just find ten bucks.....then fire up your web browser (not your bong...... well, maybe later)...head to one of the links provided in any of my previous posts.....

AND BUY A TREE (or 10) ALREADY...WILL YA? PLEASE? :D

i'M BEGGIN YOU!

I just purchased my trees. I think this is the best idea I have seen. Let's keep it going.
    Seeing visions of falling up somehow.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    New Orleans '10 - Jazzfest
    New Orleans '16 - Jazzfest
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
  • Movin this info to the last page for all to see.....

This little movement seems to have grown some legs of its own....

The *** Official Plant a Tree, Play the South*** petition has been merged with this thread.

Im going to keep posting this until we get lots more people on board.

We are hoping to get the attention of the band and do something great for the enviroment at the same time. What we would like to do is plant as many trees as possible in order to offset the "Carbon Footprint" (see Activism) of PJ'S tour when they come southward (and I know they will!)

Below are some suggested links to foundations that will plant trees for small donations. They will even send you a certificate indicating that the trees have been planted and where they were planted. For as little as 10 bucks, only half the cost of your 10c membership, you can get 10 trees planted in honor of PJ's Southern Tour leg in 2007.

My 10 trees are planted and they should be photosynthesising as we speak. Once my certificate arrives, it will be forwarded to the 10c.

Folks, its entirely possible, with a little help we could get litterally thousands of trees planted with this little "Southern Homegrown Movement".

The steps are simple:

1) Pick a foundation from the links below (or any other that you like), or just visit your local home improvement
    megastore.

2) Purchase your trees. (stealing your neighbor's trees and re-planting them is NOT recommended :D.)

3) Have your certificate, if applicable, filled out to indicate that these trees were planted in honor of Pearl Jam's Southern US Tour in 2007.

Or, if you plant a tree at your house, just snap a picture.

4) Send your certificate, printed email receipt or photo to the 10c at the below address.

** SNAIL MAIL IS THE OPTIMAL ATTENTION GETTING METHOD.**
    on the outside of your envelope please write:
    "Trees for Pearl Jam Movement"

It's that easy!

Let's really get the band's attention in a positive way instead of just bitchin and moaning!:)

Re-Forestation Links:

http://www.arborday.org/join/TICTIM/index.cfm

http://www.americanforeststore.org/

http://www.saveourhemlocks.org/

And the 10c address to mail in that certificate or photo:

Pearl Jam
    PO Box 4570
    Seattle, WA
    98194-0570

THANKS AGAIN TO ALL WHO HAVE OFFERED A BOATLOAD OF AWESOME SUGGESTIONS AND HELPFUL LINKS AND THANKS FOR BEING ALL AROUND COOL PEOPLE! :D

LET'S MAKE THIS WORK! GO PLANT A TREE!

I quoted the wrong message earlier. Let's keep this great idea going.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    i am getting ready to go to work bump
  • dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    unofficial sticky bump with some new names on the list!

i planted a tree (or trees or other vegetation) to offset my carbon footprint while travelling to see pearl jam play the south, and am sending proof to the ten club in the form of a certificate of gift planting or photo of my planting

barkingdogs
    dangerboy
    behindtheeyes
    BeBe
    Riverrunner
    weenie
    mauichick
    SPALMA
    pathorses
    pickupyourwill
    solat1973
    makingwaves

keep the list going, i mean "growing" unofficial sticky bump

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • dangerboy wrote:
    unofficial sticky bump with some new names on the list!

i planted a tree (or trees or other vegetation) to offset my carbon footprint while travelling to see pearl jam play the south, and am sending proof to the ten club in the form of a certificate of gift planting or photo of my planting

barkingdogs
    dangerboy
    behindtheeyes
    BeBe
    Riverrunner
    weenie
    mauichick
    SPALMA
    pathorses
    pickupyourwill
    solat1973
    makingwaves

keep the list going, i mean "growing" unofficial sticky bump

NOW WE'RE COOKING WITH GAS! ...THATS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT !...YOU PEOPLE ABSOLUTELY ROCK!

MAYBE WE'LL HAVE ENOUGH TREES PLANTED FOR OUR OWN LITTLE PJ NATIONAL FOREST!

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!
    - Benjamin Franklin

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went.
    -Will Rogers
    Sitting @ school, playing on the laptop bump

Trees Rock

Please Play the South
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    OK where is everyone planting these trees?

My small house/lot cannot support 10 more trees (we have already planted 5 oaks, 1 avocado and several orange trees plus other palm/native trees/plants).
    In Florida, any unoccupied land is private and being developed and any perserved land is thick with brush. Any park lands (and there are lots of them here are protected). We must be careful what we plant near our houses (due to hurricanes). I would certainly want these trees to survive and thrive, but am logistically stumped.

So, where are you planting them?
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
    SPALMA wrote:

My small house/lot cannot support 10 more trees (we have already planted 5 oaks, 1 avocado and several orange trees plus other palm/native trees/plants).
    In Florida, any unoccupied land is private and being developed and any perserved land is thick with brush. Any park lands (and there are lots of them here are protected). We must be careful what we plant near our houses (due to hurricanes). I would certainly want these trees to survive and thrive, but am logistically stumped.

i bought the 15 trees for monarchs...i think they will actually be planted in mexico, if i'm not mistaken....wintering grounds of the monarchs...

most of those links will plant trees for you in a predesignated location. if you don't want to go that route, i'm sure there's a state forest or national forest, maybe a city park looking for donations, or even at the entrance to your neighborhood maybe.....if you want them local, with a little digging (pun intended), i'm sure you can come up with something....sierra club, maybe? local chapter of the arbor day foundation....

• SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    dangerboy wrote:
    i bought the 15 trees for monarchs...i think they will actually be planted in mexico, if i'm not mistaken....wintering grounds of the monarchs...

most of those links will plant trees for you in a predesignated location. if you don't want to go that route, i'm sure there's a state forest or national forest, maybe a city park looking for donations, or even at the entrance to your neighborhood maybe.....if you want them local, with a little digging (pun intended), i'm sure you can come up with something....sierra club, maybe? local chapter of the arbor day foundation....

Ahhh, duh... I've driving around looking for places to plant and take photos...thanks.
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
  • bump for trees and for Pearl Jam playing in the South!
    "The ocean's made me, but who came up with love?"

D.C. '00
    West Palm Beach '03
    Tampa '03
    Philadelphia '03
    Albany '03
    Mexico City 1,2,3 '03
    Pittsburgh '06
    Cincinnati '06
    NYC 2 '10
    Costa Rica '11
    Mexico City '15
    Dana Point '21
    Chicago 2 '24
    SPALMA wrote:

Yeah.....let the brush habitat be.......it's the only home for many native animals and plant species, especially in Florida, Home of the Florida Scrub Jay.

BTW....great job on planting lots of native plants. :)

Trees Rock

Please Play the South
  • bumping one last time before the rush hour drive...ugggh....i rather be sitting under a tree jammin to PJ!

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!
    - Benjamin Franklin

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went.
    -Will Rogers
    "Hey, if God didn’t want me to wear it so much, he wouldn’t have made them rock so hard."
    Just chillin' bump

Trees Rock

Please Play the South
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    so tired of working overtime bump
    Riding the waves of all the poster threads..........again....bump

Trees Rock

Please Play the South
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    BUmp for all us southeners.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
    Bump for all the great people in the South who dearly love this band.....

Trees Rock

Please play the South
    you know, i have recently noticed that we have lost quite a bit of support here. many of the former regulars of the thread don't bother to post anymore. i hope they haven't lost faith...

on the other hand, i can't say as i blame them....

unofficial sticky "how much more can one man be expected to endure" bump

• dangerboy wrote:
    you know, i have recently noticed that we have lost quite a bit of support here. many of the former regulars of the thread don't bother to post anymore. i hope they haven't lost faith...

on the other hand, i can't say as i blame them....

unofficial sticky "how much more can one man be expected to endure" bump

I've posted in here quite a bit, but not much as of late. I now tend to post when I find its not on the front page, which hasn't been much here lately.

I would like to see some new blood in here instead of the same people keeping it alive. I think that helps more.

As for giving up? I haven't giving up but moved on. Its been so long now, I'm more in the "if it happens, it happens" mood. But I will be there if it does!!

PLAY RALEIGH!!!!!!
  • a simple PLEEEEEEEEEEEEASE! Come to Florida and the South!
    And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky,a human being that was given 2 fly - Bryan you are loved R.I.P
  • No panicing! They're coming.....I'm sure of it. Just keep this thread and your faith alive until then!

Florida loves you guys!
    unofficial sticky keepin er on the front page through yet another poster sale and lots of pit action....

• Dollpartz wrote:
    so tired of working overtime bump

Believe me, I can sympathize bump.
    Statistically speaking, you're more likely to be pitied by Mr. T than you are to have feet.
  • SPALMA wrote:

Just go to some of the sights listed in the previous messages. These organizations will plant the trees for you. This is an awesome idea and agreeing with a previous message "you guys rock!"...oh yeah, and please play the south.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
  • just play the south already
    pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase!
    "The ocean's made me, but who came up with love?"

D.C. '00
    West Palm Beach '03
    Tampa '03
    Philadelphia '03
    Albany '03
    Mexico City 1,2,3 '03
    Pittsburgh '06
    Cincinnati '06
    NYC 2 '10
    Costa Rica '11
    Mexico City '15