West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Pretty please............with sugar on top....

Trees Rock

Please play the South
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Here's my good morning bump...
  • dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    unofficial sticky bump!

waiting for barkingdogs to get back in town and pick up his part of the slack....

and a bump for a sticker i saw again today....G.R.I.T.S.!!!

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,460
    come back....to florida...~

:)
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    Haven't been on here in a day or two, so here's my BUMP! ESPECIALLY after watching my DVD of the GORGE II show~~~~~~ I NEED them to PLAY THE SOUTH!!!!!!
    PLEASE???????
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
    Bump for a bumper sticker that I saw yesterday......it was a picture of the Lorax saying "I Speak for the Trees." Cool.

Trees Rock

Please Play the South
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • holleroxxholleroxx Posts: 473
    Please come back to Florida! We miss you all
    And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky,a human being that was given 2 fly - Bryan you are loved R.I.P
  • MakingWavesMakingWaves Posts: 1,293
    Just a nice relaxing Sunday afternoon bump.
    Keep the tree planting going.
    Seeing visions of falling up somehow.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    New Orleans '10 - Jazzfest
    New Orleans '16 - Jazzfest
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
    Just watching a little NFL action bump.......

Trees Rock

Please Play the South
  • Jags and Redskins are tied wit 6 min to go bump...
    The Cowboys win bump!!!!

Trees Rock

Please Play the South
    It's been a couple of pages, so here it is.........

Originally Posted by BarkingDogs
    Movin this info to the last page for all to see.....

This little movement seems to have grown some legs of its own....

The *** Official Plant a Tree, Play the South*** petition has been merged with this thread.

Im going to keep posting this until we get lots more people on board.

We are hoping to get the attention of the band and do something great for the enviroment at the same time. What we would like to do is plant as many trees as possible in order to offset the "Carbon Footprint" (see Activism) of PJ'S tour when they come southward (and I know they will!)

Below are some suggested links to foundations that will plant trees for small donations. They will even send you a certificate indicating that the trees have been planted and where they were planted. For as little as 10 bucks, only half the cost of your 10c membership, you can get 10 trees planted in honor of PJ's Southern Tour leg in 2007.

My 10 trees are planted and they should be photosynthesising as we speak. Once my certificate arrives, it will be forwarded to the 10c.

Folks, its entirely possible, with a little help we could get litterally thousands of trees planted with this little "Southern Homegrown Movement".

The steps are simple:

1) Pick a foundation from the links below (or any other that you like), or just visit your local home improvement
    megastore.

2) Purchase your trees. (stealing your neighbor's trees and re-planting them is NOT recommended .)

3) Have your certificate, if applicable, filled out to indicate that these trees were planted in honor of Pearl Jam's Southern US Tour in 2007.

Or, if you plant a tree at your house, just snap a picture.

4) Send your certificate, printed email receipt or photo to the 10c at the below address.

** SNAIL MAIL IS THE OPTIMAL ATTENTION GETTING METHOD.**
    on the outside of your envelope please write:
    "Trees for Pearl Jam Movement"

It's that easy!

Let's really get the band's attention in a positive way instead of just bitchin and moaning!

Re-Forestation Links:

http://www.arborday.org/join/TICTIM/index.cfm

http://www.americanforeststore.org/

http://www.saveourhemlocks.org/

And the 10c address to mail in that certificate or photo:

Pearl Jam
    PO Box 4570
    Seattle, WA
    98194-0570

THANKS AGAIN TO ALL WHO HAVE OFFERED A BOATLOAD OF AWESOME SUGGESTIONS AND HELPFUL LINKS AND THANKS FOR BEING ALL AROUND COOL PEOPLE!

LET'S MAKE THIS WORK! GO PLANT A TREE!
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    sunday evening bump

please play the south!
  • mwachsmanmwachsman Posts: 474
    Please!!!
    "So, you must really love Led Zeppelin. That’s the oldest shirt I’ve ever seen on someone who wasn’t a bum."
    "Hey, if God didn’t want me to wear it so much, he wouldn’t have made them rock so hard."
    Shaun Alexander....the reigning NFL MVP and SEATTLE Seahawk played his college ball at the University of Alabama (in the South) and grew up in Kentucky (in the South).....Walter Jones, the All-Pro offensive lineman and SEATTLE Seahawk is from Aliceville, Alabama (in the South)........look what the South has given to SEATTLE......how about SEATTLE giving a little back to the South?

Trees Rock

Please Play the South
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    Sunday Night Bump!
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
  • too bad the Seahawks are gaybirds
    If it weren't for my horse, I never would have spent that year in college.
    too bad the Seahawks are gaybirds
    Please no hate in this thread.............

Trees Rock

Please play the South
  • Please consider the Centurytel Center in Shreveport, because selfishly i could get some backstage and maybe get a pic.

But seriously, the best concert I ever saw was PJ and Ramones outdoors in City Park in New Orleans, Tad Gormley Stadium. They spent alot of money in NO rebuilding that place. NO and the people of LA really for once deserve a PJ concert weekend, like some of the big northern cities do. Give the south a chance. Go Big time and play Tiger Stadium for three nights and film it. We will be wilder and crazier than anyone from the north, no offence, we just know any different down here.

But anyway, play Tad Gormley again and dedicate it to Katrina, Vic Williams, and the Ramones who last played with you there.

Anyway I just also want to sign the patition, the south loves ya too.
    No time to be void or save up on life, you gotta spend it all.

No One Gets Out Of Here Alive...
    RolandH21 wrote:
    Please consider the Centurytel Center in Shreveport, because selfishly i could get some backstage and maybe get a pic.

But seriously, the best concert I ever saw was PJ and Ramones outdoors in City Park in New Orleans, Tad Gormley Stadium. They spent alot of money in NO rebuilding that place. NO and the people of LA really for once deserve a PJ concert weekend, like some of the big northern cities do. Give the south a chance. Go Big time and play Tiger Stadium for three nights and film it. We will be wilder and crazier than anyone from the north, no offence, we just know any different down here.

But anyway, play Tad Gormley again and dedicate it to Katrina, Vic Williams, and the Ramones who last played with you there.

I really like the Tiger Stadium idea....that's Tiger Stadium in Baton Rogue, LA.

Trees Rock

Please play the South
  • 3rd Page! WTF...Git Yer Ass Back Up Front!...

and PLANT A TREE!

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!
    - Benjamin Franklin

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went.
    -Will Rogers

The dirty south needs a fix.
  • MakingWavesMakingWaves Posts: 1,293
    RolandH21 wrote:
    Please consider the Centurytel Center in Shreveport, because selfishly i could get some backstage and maybe get a pic.

Good morning and getting settled in at work bump. The concert at Tad Gormley was the best PJ concert I have seen also. "Blood" was unbelievable and I like to think we will see them soon.
    Seeing visions of falling up somehow.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    New Orleans '10 - Jazzfest
    New Orleans '16 - Jazzfest
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
    Keeping it going on a Monday morning bump

Trees Rock

Please play the South
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    hey, good morning y'all..........play the south!