***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• MakingWavesMakingWaves Posts: 1,293
    Dollpartz wrote:
    Hey, I'm just outside of Orlando too.....but YOUR post inspired me to post this....

Let it be, Let it be, Let it be, oh Let it Be
    There Will BE an Answer, Let it Be

PLEASE PLAY THE SOUTH!

Cool! Hopefully I will get a chance to meet you and a bunch of other people from here.
    Don't forget to plant some trees in honor of Pearl Jam touring the South.
    Seeing visions of falling up somehow.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    New Orleans '10 - Jazzfest
    New Orleans '16 - Jazzfest
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
  • dangerboy wrote:
    unofficial sticky bump with some new names on the list!

i planted a tree (or trees or other vegetation) to offset my carbon footprint while travelling to see pearl jam play the south, and am sending proof to the ten club in the form of a certificate of gift planting or photo of my planting

barkingdogs
    dangerboy
    behindtheeyes
    BeBe
    Riverrunner
    weenie
    mauichick
    SPALMA
    pathorses
    pickupyourwill
    solat1973
    makingwaves
    NCBRI

keep the list going, i mean "growing" unofficial sticky bump

please use the quote function, add your name to the list, and repost!

and unofficial sticky too many "official" whatever posts going right now...

Thats almost 150 trees in the ground...GREAT WORK!
    Long way to go though...keep planting those trees!

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!
    - Benjamin Franklin

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went.
    -Will Rogers

Trees Rock

Please play the South
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • NandoNando Posts: 3
    Please, pretty please. We're nice down here :)
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Keeping at the top bump

Trees Rock

Please play the South
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • TheGossmanTheGossman Posts: 1,120
    Play the south, I can't think of a better reason to use my 1 week of vacation time!
    9/4/98, 8/4/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 4/19/03, 4/25/03, 4/26/03, 4/28/03, 4/29/03, 4/30/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/6/04, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 8/5/07, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 6/14/08, 6/16/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08
  • weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    Back to the front page.........
    PLAY THE SOUTH!!!!!!
    Please???
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
    A let's break 3700 posts on this thread sometime today bump

Trees Rock

Please play The South
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Come on please play the south, we need you!
  • I would love it if they go somewhere near Nebraska....so i can see my favorite band and my best friend who is in the AF....please oh please play the south!!!!!
    Noblesville 6/22/2003 St. Louis 5/4/2010 East Troy 9/4/2011
    Cleveland 5/20/2006 Columbus 5/6/2010 Chicago 7/19/2013
    Cincinnatti 6/24/2006 Noblesville 5/7/2010. Buffalo 10/12/2013
    Lollapalooza 8/5/2007 Mountain View 10/23/2010 Cincinnatti 10/1/2014
    Washington D.C. 6/22/2008 Mountain View 10/24/2010 St. Louis 10/3/2014
    Chicago 8/22/2008(EV Solo) St. Louis 7/1/2011 (EV Solo) St. Paul 10/19/2014
    Kansas City 5/3/2010 East Troy 9/3/2011 Milwaukee 10/20/2014
    Hampton 4/18/2016 Columbia 4/21/2016 Lexington 4/26/2016
    NYC 5/2/2016
  • callencallen Posts: 6,388
    the lord took them away from me"......

please fellas...we do really need you....yes there will be some lame people down here...and for sure we won't be as loud as some of your other shows...but do realize...there are some of us...that just crave PJ and need your music..your professionalism.....your groove....and Eddie we need some RED RANTING......some of us...just need that. Plus your musics pretty good too!!!...(-:
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
    Pushing for 3700...........and beyond

Trees Rock

Please play the South
  • PLEEEEEEEEEEEEASE come to the south.

ATX loves you PJ.

I will plant trees too.
    Meet the new boss, Same as the old boss.

Listen to Joe Strummer and the Mescaleros
    Taking a break at work and dreaming of going to FL for a show.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
    Taking a break at work and dreaming of going to FL for a show.
    This is a "I can't believe that MakingWaves missed the cold as hell '03 show in B'ham" bump

Trees Rock

Please play the South
  • moses562moses562 Posts: 1,382
    Where's the South?
    "A man has the right to be as big as he feels it in him to be." Ken Kesey
    moses562 wrote:
    Where's the South?
    It's actually a state of mind.........:)

Trees Rock

Please Play the South
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    Movin this info to the last page for all to see.....

This little movement seems to have grown some legs of its own....

The *** Official Plant a Tree, Play the South*** petition has been merged with this thread.

Im going to keep posting this until we get lots more people on board.

We are hoping to get the attention of the band and do something great for the enviroment at the same time. What we would like to do is plant as many trees as possible in order to offset the "Carbon Footprint" (see Activism) of PJ'S tour when they come southward (and I know they will!)

Below are some suggested links to foundations that will plant trees for small donations. They will even send you a certificate indicating that the trees have been planted and where they were planted. For as little as 10 bucks, only half the cost of your 10c membership, you can get 10 trees planted in honor of PJ's Southern Tour leg in 2007.

My 10 trees are planted and they should be photosynthesising as we speak. Once my certificate arrives, it will be forwarded to the 10c.

Folks, its entirely possible, with a little help we could get litterally thousands of trees planted with this little "Southern Homegrown Movement".

The steps are simple:

1) Pick a foundation from the links below (or any other that you like), or just visit your local home improvement
    megastore.

2) Purchase your trees. (stealing your neighbor's trees and re-planting them is NOT recommended .)

3) Have your certificate, if applicable, filled out to indicate that these trees were planted in honor of Pearl Jam's Southern US Tour in 2007.

Or, if you plant a tree at your house, just snap a picture.

4) Send your certificate, printed email receipt or photo to the 10c at the below address.

** SNAIL MAIL IS THE OPTIMAL ATTENTION GETTING METHOD.**
    on the outside of your envelope please write:
    "Trees for Pearl Jam Movement"

It's that easy!

Let's really get the band's attention in a positive way instead of just bitchin and moaning!

Re-Forestation Links:

http://www.arborday.org/join/TICTIM/index.cfm

http://www.americanforeststore.org/

http://www.saveourhemlocks.org/

And the 10c address to mail in that certificate or photo:

Pearl Jam
    PO Box 4570
    Seattle, WA
    98194-0570

THANKS AGAIN TO ALL WHO HAVE OFFERED A BOATLOAD OF AWESOME SUGGESTIONS AND HELPFUL LINKS AND THANKS FOR BEING ALL AROUND COOL PEOPLE!

LET'S MAKE THIS WORK! GO PLANT A TREE!

Bump for this cause!
    Brian
    tybird wrote:
    This is a "I can't believe that MakingWaves missed the cold as hell '03 show in B'ham" bump

Trees Rock

Please play the South

I went to the New Orleans show the night before and couldn't get up to B'ham. It was cold as hell in NO but like Eddie said thank goodness it was an indoors show.
    I will be there this time where ever it is.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
    Just a couple more 'til 3700 bump!

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
  • Is BetterRadio's post about Tampa 07 True??
    2005: Borgata 2, Philly
    2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
    2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
    2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
    2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
    2012: Made in America
    2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizens
    2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
    EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    3699 and counting....play the south!

OH YEA, 3700 FREAKIN POSTS!!!!!

PLAY THE SOUTH PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    Ummmmm.......are some of us forgetting its TWO for TUESDAY here at the Ol' Thread. Lets slap some duct tape on this sucker and keep it positioned at the front. For any noobs.......there are two main purposes we have here. First is to show how much The South loves PJ and that we are dying for some shows down here in our neck of the woods. Basically we won't give up until we here some good news on this front. If that means taking this thread to 10,000 posts and beyond, well then so be it. We are some persistant little fuckers down here.
    The second purpose is our mission to plant some trees because Trees Rock and are wonderfull for that whole environment thing. Factor in that they could help offset the environmental negatives that a traveling caravan of rock n' roll produces and you have a winner. See the official and much better worded statement by Barking Dogs that I quoted in my previous post. If you decide to plant some trees, then let us know. And of course it goes without saying that we also want to hear how good of an idea you think it is that PJ play some shows in The South. Help spread the jam!
    Brian
    Yahoo!!!! We hit 3700 today!!!!!!

Trees Rock

Please Play the South
    On the flip side for Two for Tuesday!!!

Trees Rock

Please play the South
    I went to the New Orleans show the night before and couldn't get up to B'ham. It was cold as hell in NO but like Eddie said thank goodness it was an indoors show.
    I will be there this time where ever it is.
    The bad news was that B'ham was an outdoor show.........it helped the sales of hoodies and skater's caps. :)

Trees Rock

Please play the South
    Dollpartz wrote:
    3699 and counting....play the south!

OH YEA, 3700 FREAKIN POSTS!!!!!

PLAY THE SOUTH PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!

Way to go Dollpartz, posting number 3700. 3800 here we come.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
    Is BetterRadio's post about Tampa 07 True??

Two for Tuesday. Sorry, Yellow this isn't true. Wish it was though.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
    Boo.........false hopes and fake tickets..........

Hooray.........Pearl Jam in the South and freshly planted trees

Trees rock

Please Play the South
    and another bump makes it "Two for Tuesday"

Trees rock

Please play the South