***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Monday morning heading to the afternoon bump

Trees Rock

Please Play the South
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    Florida needs you. BAD!!!!!!
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
    The South needs you bump

Trees Rock

Please Play the South
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Posting for the hubby because he's in class bump.

Please play the South...

Atlanta's nice, Dallas would be wonderful...

and the food is great...

and the girls are pretty...

What more could you want?
    The Daystar

"But --you say that Dreams have no power here? Tell me, Lucifer Morningstar...Ask yourselves, all of you...What power would hell have if those here imprisoned were not able to Dream of Heaven?" Dream speaking to Lucifer as written by Neil Gaiman.
    daystar143 wrote:
    Posting for the hubby because he's in class bump.

Please play the South...

Atlanta's nice, Dallas would be wonderful...

and the food is great...

and the girls are pretty...

What more could you want?
    Yes, the girls are pretty.......especially that one. :D

Trees Rock

Please Play the South
    back to back bumps to get this thread off the second page

Trees Rock

Please Play the South
  • Please!!!
    "So, you must really love Led Zeppelin. That’s the oldest shirt I’ve ever seen on someone who wasn’t a bum."
    "Hey, if God didn’t want me to wear it so much, he wouldn’t have made them rock so hard."
  • dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    keepin it top of mind unofficial sticky bump

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
    Movin this info to the last page for all to see.....

This little movement seems to have grown some legs of its own....

The *** Official Plant a Tree, Play the South*** petition has been merged with this thread.

Im going to keep posting this until we get lots more people on board.

We are hoping to get the attention of the band and do something great for the enviroment at the same time. What we would like to do is plant as many trees as possible in order to offset the "Carbon Footprint" (see Activism) of PJ'S tour when they come southward (and I know they will!)

Below are some suggested links to foundations that will plant trees for small donations. They will even send you a certificate indicating that the trees have been planted and where they were planted. For as little as 10 bucks, only half the cost of your 10c membership, you can get 10 trees planted in honor of PJ's Southern Tour leg in 2007.

My 10 trees are planted and they should be photosynthesising as we speak. Once my certificate arrives, it will be forwarded to the 10c.

Folks, its entirely possible, with a little help we could get litterally thousands of trees planted with this little "Southern Homegrown Movement".

The steps are simple:

1) Pick a foundation from the links below (or any other that you like), or just visit your local home improvement
    megastore.

2) Purchase your trees. (stealing your neighbor's trees and re-planting them is NOT recommended :D.)

3) Have your certificate, if applicable, filled out to indicate that these trees were planted in honor of Pearl Jam's Southern US Tour in 2007.

Or, if you plant a tree at your house, just snap a picture.

4) Send your certificate, printed email receipt or photo to the 10c at the below address.

** SNAIL MAIL IS THE OPTIMAL ATTENTION GETTING METHOD.**
    on the outside of your envelope please write:
    "Trees for Pearl Jam Movement"

It's that easy!

Let's really get the band's attention in a positive way instead of just bitchin and moaning!:)

Re-Forestation Links:

http://www.arborday.org/join/TICTIM/index.cfm

http://www.americanforeststore.org/

http://www.saveourhemlocks.org/

And the 10c address to mail in that certificate or photo:

Pearl Jam
    PO Box 4570
    Seattle, WA
    98194-0570

THANKS AGAIN TO ALL WHO HAVE OFFERED A BOATLOAD OF AWESOME SUGGESTIONS AND HELPFUL LINKS AND THANKS FOR BEING ALL AROUND COOL PEOPLE! :D

LET'S MAKE THIS WORK! GO PLANT A TREE!
    i planted a tree (or trees or other vegetation) to offset my carbon footprint while travelling to see pearl jam play the south, and am sending proof to the ten club in the form of a certificate of gift planting or photo of my planting

barkingdogs
    dangerboy
    behindtheeyes
    BeBe
    Riverrunner
    weenie

keep the list going, i mean "growing" unofficial sticky bump

HELP!!!!!! I need Pearl Jam in Florida
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
  • electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,460
    wuzen wrote:
    Florida

o hell yeah...~
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    pleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease play the south

and goodnite
  • Tree certificate arrived....along with a mighty zippy poster from the 10c too...I love good mail...(bills suck)

how bout a bump for 10 trees planted (certificate on its way to 10c) and only getting cool shit in the mail.... :D

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!
    - Benjamin Franklin

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went.
    -Will Rogers

• Bumpin' for Florida again! Please come south we love and miss you!
    And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky,a human being that was given 2 fly - Bryan you are loved R.I.P
  • bump for NC!
    "The ocean's made me, but who came up with love?"

D.C. '00
    West Palm Beach '03
    Tampa '03
    Philadelphia '03
    Albany '03
    Mexico City 1,2,3 '03
    Pittsburgh '06
    Cincinnati '06
    NYC 2 '10
    Costa Rica '11
    Mexico City '15
    Dana Point '21
    Chicago 2 '24
  • weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    Big Bump for Billy Joe and The Edge...... (I think edge ought to join up with GD!)

PJ PLEASE PLAY THE SOUTH!!!!!
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • BeBeBeBe Posts: 229
    Bumping this and the Eddie Cat thread! my two favorite threads!
    Where is Lowlight?
  • Oh and if you do play the south could you please play North Carolin on any dates other than May-July... I'll be busy studying for the bar exam... Preesh. ;)
  • BeBeBeBe Posts: 229
    A nightly insomnia bump!
    Where is Lowlight?
    late night bump

Trees Rock

Please Play the South
  • Here's a boost from Tampa
    "It's not the world that's heavy, just the things that you save"
    "No time to be void or save up on life, oh you got to spend it all"
    Sahdukes wrote:
    Here's a boost from Tampa
    You got my vote! bump!
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Good morning my fellow Southern bumpers bump

Trees Rock

Please play the South
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    how many times do we have to tell you, page 2 is just UNACCEPTABLE!!!!

now get your ass back up to the top of page 1 and stay there!
    unofficial sticky carbon footprint bump for the new b100 biodiesel plant near here....

http://www.newsobserver.com/102/story/490962.html

Keep on bumping bump

Trees Rock

Please play the South
    Please come to the South, we need and miss you!
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Hooray for finding more Ivory-billed Woodpeckers bump

Thought to be extinct for over sixty years found now in two places in the South!!! (of course, their historical range was only in the South)

Trees Rock!!!

Please play the South
  • Movin this info to the last page for all to see.....

This little movement seems to have grown some legs of its own....

The *** Official Plant a Tree, Play the South*** petition has been merged with this thread.

Im going to keep posting this until we get lots more people on board.

We are hoping to get the attention of the band and do something great for the enviroment at the same time. What we would like to do is plant as many trees as possible in order to offset the "Carbon Footprint" (see Activism) of PJ'S tour when they come southward (and I know they will!)

Below are some suggested links to foundations that will plant trees for small donations. They will even send you a certificate indicating that the trees have been planted and where they were planted. For as little as 10 bucks, only half the cost of your 10c membership, you can get 10 trees planted in honor of PJ's Southern Tour leg in 2007.

My 10 trees are planted and they should be photosynthesising as we speak. Once my certificate arrives, it will be forwarded to the 10c.

Folks, its entirely possible, with a little help we could get litterally thousands of trees planted with this little "Southern Homegrown Movement".

The steps are simple:

1) Pick a foundation from the links below (or any other that you like), or just visit your local home improvement
    megastore.

2) Purchase your trees. (stealing your neighbor's trees and re-planting them is NOT recommended :D.)

3) Have your certificate, if applicable, filled out to indicate that these trees were planted in honor of Pearl Jam's Southern US Tour in 2007.

Or, if you plant a tree at your house, just snap a picture.

4) Send your certificate, printed email receipt or photo to the 10c at the below address.

** SNAIL MAIL IS THE OPTIMAL ATTENTION GETTING METHOD.**
    on the outside of your envelope please write:
    "Trees for Pearl Jam Movement"

It's that easy!

Let's really get the band's attention in a positive way instead of just bitchin and moaning!:)

Re-Forestation Links:

http://www.arborday.org/join/TICTIM/index.cfm

http://www.americanforeststore.org/

http://www.saveourhemlocks.org/

And the 10c address to mail in that certificate or photo:

Pearl Jam
    PO Box 4570
    Seattle, WA
    98194-0570

THANKS AGAIN TO ALL WHO HAVE OFFERED A BOATLOAD OF AWESOME SUGGESTIONS AND HELPFUL LINKS AND THANKS FOR BEING ALL AROUND COOL PEOPLE! :D

LET'S MAKE THIS WORK! GO PLANT A TREE!

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!
    - Benjamin Franklin

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went.
    -Will Rogers