***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    dangerboy wrote:
    i'm betting it's some colloquialism for young'uns.....offspring....fruit of your loins....crumbsnatchers....ankle-biters....or maybe it's like a jackelope, half frog and half....uhm.....wait...half something and half dog....maybe...
    That was my first guess..............it was a term that was new to me. I prefer the proper Southern use of "young'uns" or "young'ens".

Please play the South.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • artjamartjam Posts: 227
    bring back the song "falling down" in Charlotte!!!!!!!!
  • worldworld Posts: 266
    South South South South South South!!!!
    Chicago '98, Noblesville '00, East Troy '00, Chicago '00, Champaign '03, Chicago '03, Chicago1 '06, Chicago2 '06, Milwaukee '06, Chicago1 '09, and Chicago2 '09
  • dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    ok...goodnight unofficial sticky bump....

the frogs and cicadas are playing that tune.....nothing like sleeping with the windows open....

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
    unofficial sticky
    i cant wait to see PJ at the Verizon ampitheatre!!!!
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    Good Morning bump all southerns Keep the faith!
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
  • lukin321lukin321 Charlotte, NC Posts: 864
    off to mortgage class bump
    9/1/98, 8/9/00, 8/12/00, 4/11/03, 4/12/03, 4/13/03, 4/19/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04, 10/3/04, 10/8/04, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 10/30/2013, 4/8/2016, 4/9/2016, 4/11/2016, 4/13/2016
  • Gooooood morning!

Bump.
    Statistically speaking, you're more likely to be pitied by Mr. T than you are to have feet.
  • weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    Back To The Front Page, Saturday Morning
    Bump!

Play The South!!!!!!

Please??
    :)
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
    I am bumping this thread as my 7500th post......

Please Play the South
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    tybird wrote:
    I am bumping this thread as my 7500th post......

Please Play the South

i'm guessing at least 1000 or so were in this thread alone.....

saturday morning bump
  • BeBeBeBe Posts: 229
    dangerboy wrote:
    i'm betting it's some colloquialism for young'uns.....offspring....fruit of your loins....crumbsnatchers....ankle-biters....or maybe it's like a jackelope, half frog and half....uhm.....wait...half something and half dog....maybe...

lol!!!
    You got it correct!!!

My husband calls the boys The Sprogs....which is really a good name for a band..if there isn't one already by that name..I need to ask dunkman if it's really a Scottish term or did my husband just say it was..lol!
    Where is Lowlight?
    dangerboy wrote:
    the frogs and cicadas are playing that tune.....nothing like sleeping with the windows open....
    Instead of frogs and cicadas, we heard two different species of owls in and around our house.....Great Horned and Eastern Screech. The funny thing is that we actually live within the city limits of Birmingham. I will admit that I called in the Eastern Screech Owl using recordings of their calls. We actually got to see that little fellow. Cool.........Cool......more proof that we care about our environment here in the South, Mr. Gossard.

Please Play the South
    NCBRI wrote:

And the #1 reason why Pearl Jam will be back to South:

[[[[[[[[[
    THE SJUTH Y PEARL JAM
    [[[[[[[[[

Now it makes perfect sense.........I'm on the lap-top using IE....had to print out my pre-calculus notes.

Please play the South.......because like the man said.....we love ya'll.
    Lunchtime bump!!!!
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
  • Much love from Florida!
    North Carolina is for Pearl Jam Lovers!!!!:p
    Dollpartz wrote:
    i'm guessing at least 1000 or so were in this thread alone.....

saturday morning bump
    How about 500........maybe..............let's bump this one again.

Please Play the South
  • Play the South.........and feel free to play Dallas as many times as you would like!
  • why did pj do so many arenas this tour? I think they sound much better in a shed (canopy over seats, lawn in back). In particular, i find the bootlegs from arena very hard to listen to, and the ones from sheds lack that echo that i hate...does anyone know which shows on the most recent tour were sheds/outdoors?

I know at least camden is and the gorge (i think).

PS--please play the south.
  • artjam wrote:
    North Carolina is for Pearl Jam Lovers!!!!:p

Exactly what he said, biring it on South of the Mason Dixon Line...We hug more trees down here than anybody !

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!
    - Benjamin Franklin

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went.
    -Will Rogers

D.C. '00
    West Palm Beach '03
    Tampa '03
    Philadelphia '03
    Albany '03
    Mexico City 1,2,3 '03
    Pittsburgh '06
    Cincinnati '06
    NYC 2 '10
    Costa Rica '11
    Mexico City '15
    Dana Point '21
    Chicago 2 '24
    RodrigoDu wrote:
    North Carolina needs PJ!
    The "South" needs Pearl Jam!!!!

Please Play the South
  • dangerboy wrote:
    ok...goodnight unofficial sticky bump....

Well that is unless you live in Durham or Charlotte...then we're talking bullet proof bed sheets if you sleep with the windows open...

personally I'll take loud gansta music and screaming pimps over cicadas any day...least I can call the cops on tha ganstas and pimps, the cicadas never shut up!

Come to raleigh please...Play at least 3 dates...we'll show ya how to really hug a tree!

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!
    - Benjamin Franklin

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went.
    -Will Rogers

Please Play the South.
    bumpin our way to 4000 posts....

please play the south!
    I am home from work bump!!!
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Doing homework bump

Please Play the South
    bump

i'm catching a @#$%@*& cold!