***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    unofficial sticky!

i love the smell of a bump in the morning...

welcome to the day we hit 3000. and to the guy who said he's only stopped in a couple of times in 2000+ posts and wasn't sure what exactly might be going on here, let me assure you that this is not the australia tour rumor thread or the yield thread. we sometimes only bump with the word bump, but for the most part we don't stray from the topic and talk about each other's hair styles and what happened at school today....unless it relates to pearl jam playing the south....we are focused and on-topic!

all we really want is some sign from above that we should either give it up or be patient. people keep posting the "conversation" some girl supposedly had with stone on his way in to a promo interview, but if i've learned one thing about the internet, it's that no matter how many times it gets posted and reposted and sworn upon by others as to its gospelness, if you don't get it from the horse's mouth yourself, you're just cutting off your nose to spite your face, bless your heart.....

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • BeBeBeBe Posts: 229
    An almost 3000 post for the south petition!

I will believe they are coming because I dreamed it last night!!!!!!!!
    Where is Lowlight?
  • weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    dangerboy wrote:
    unofficial sticky!

i love the smell of a bump in the morning...

welcome to the day we hit 3000. and to the guy who said he's only stopped in a couple of times in 2000+ posts and wasn't sure what exactly might be going on here, let me assure you that this is not the australia tour rumor thread or the yield thread. we sometimes only bump with the word bump, but for the most part we don't stray from the topic and talk about each other's hair styles and what happened at school today....unless it relates to pearl jam playing the south....we are focused and on-topic!

all we really want is some sign from above that we should either give it up or be patient. people keep posting the "conversation" some girl supposedly had with stone on his way in to a promo interview, but if i've learned one thing about the internet, it's that no matter how many times it gets posted and reposted and sworn upon by others as to its gospelness, if you don't get it from the horse's mouth yourself, you're just cutting off your nose to spite your face, bless your heart.....

Thank you for reminding me NOT to be naive......

BUMP for the south......
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • artjamartjam Posts: 227
    Saved from page 2! just in the nick of time. is is "nick" of time?
    unofficial sticky!

i believe it is, in fact, the "nick" of time.....

• alabamaalabama Posts: 101
    Friday Bump! I just read the story from Sonic 19, awesome story...hey surely if Stone says they're coming they are...patient and faithfull in the SOUTH!
    stay focused people....eyes on the prize!
  • lukin321lukin321 Charlotte, NC Posts: 864
    bumpiiiiiiiin
    9/1/98, 8/9/00, 8/12/00, 4/11/03, 4/12/03, 4/13/03, 4/19/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04, 10/3/04, 10/8/04, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 10/30/2013, 4/8/2016, 4/9/2016, 4/11/2016, 4/13/2016
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Keepin it at the top 200 pages almost 3000 post :D:D
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Back from counting birds bump.............see Mr. Grossard, we do many things in the South that promote or aid our environment. I am involved in weekly bird counts which are being used to create a better picture of bird migration patterns and species populations. This is a volunteer effort.

Please Play the South
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    another page 2 save! C'mon peeps!
    One more post, one more post.......till 3000

Please Play the South
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • lukin321lukin321 Charlotte, NC Posts: 864
    I said i'd get #3000!!!
    9/1/98, 8/9/00, 8/12/00, 4/11/03, 4/12/03, 4/13/03, 4/19/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04, 10/3/04, 10/8/04, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 10/30/2013, 4/8/2016, 4/9/2016, 4/11/2016, 4/13/2016
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    3001 ain't bad,Please Stone let it be true
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
    lukin321 wrote:
    I said i'd get #3000!!!
    You got it, baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *****fireworks***** 3000 posts in this thread.

Please Play the South
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    Back to the top before I go back to work.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
  • rhinomagicrhinomagic Posts: 2,549
    Pearl Jam should have a New Year's Resolution to play some shows in the Sun Belt in 2007.

Get it done!

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    friday bump

sonic19?

where are you?

what did you hear?

whats goin on?
  • It's doing so good and no news....man i don't know...not even a word
    2004-10-08 FL
  • BeBeBeBe Posts: 229
    A bump before I start cooking dinner for the sprogs.
    Where is Lowlight?
    well that didnt work out so well bump!!!!
  • Here's my Friday B U M P !!
    BeBe wrote:
    A bump before I start cooking dinner for the sprogs.
    What may I ask is a "sprog"??? bump

Please Play The South
  • vp20vp20 Posts: 56
    1 more for the south....NC 2 be more precise. I bet they do better this time around (w/ tix) anyway, thanks to the new album. Best night(s) of the year is PJ show(s)....2nd best night of the year--the day u find out they are coming.
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    I just talked to David Letterman. He just walked up to me and said: "So kid, do ya like the Rock n' Roll?". I was a little confused but just said: "Umm....sure Dave". Then he handed me a piece of paper with a future "Top Ten List". Here we go:

Top 10 Reasons Pearl Jam Will Play the South

(As read by the band members)

10. They have millions of great golf courses down there and Boom is lethal off the tee
    9. We still feel bad about getting those 2 underage kids kicked out of the Cats Cradle
    8. We are getting older so we figured we better get back down there, you know......"While We're Young"
    7. Apparently the girls in Florida will do anything to get into one of our shows.
    6. Atlanta 4-3-94
    5. One word: TAILGATING
    4. Stone's Krispy Kreme fetish
    3. We figured the people of New Orleans would be confused if we didn't arrive later than expected
    2. We need an excuse to play 7 warm up shows in the Northeast and a 3 nighter at The Gorge

And the #1 reason why Pearl Jam will be back to South:

[[[[[[[[[
    THE SJUTH Y PEARL JAM
    [[[[[[[[[

Brian
    NCBRI wrote:
    I just talked to David Letterman. He just walked up to me and said: "So kid, do ya like the Rock n' Roll?". I was a little confused but just said: "Umm....sure Dave". Then he handed me a piece of paper with a future "Top Ten List". Here we go:

Top 10 Reasons Pearl Jam Will Play the South

(As read by the band members)

10. They have millions of great golf courses down there and Boom is lethal off the tee
    9. We still feel bad about getting those 2 underage kids kicked out of the Cats Cradle
    8. We are getting older so we figured we better get back down there, you know......"While We're Young"
    7. Apparently the girls in Florida will do anything to get into one of our shows.
    6. Atlanta 4-3-94
    5. One word: TAILGATING
    4. Stone's Krispy Kreme fetish
    3. We figured the people of New Orleans would be confused if we didn't arrive later than expected
    2. We need an excuse to play 7 warm up shows in the Northeast and a 3 nighter at The Gorge

[[[[[[[[[
    THE SJUTH Y PEARL JAM
    [[[[[[[[[

lol funny brian

uuuuhhhhhhhhhhyoooooouuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhh got any gum?

"they pelted us with rocks and garbage"

letterman is king

NCBRI wrote:

[[[[[[[[[
    THE SJUTH Y PEARL JAM
    [[[[[[[[[

Could someone please explain this to me bump

Please Play the South
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    tybird wrote:
    Could someone please explain this to me bump

Please Play the South

Ill paste what I wrote the last time you asked about it. I think its a web browser difference:

Im gonna take a stab and say you aren't using IE. It looks goofy and everything? I followed up on this when I saw your post and opened the page in Firefox and I see that the font isn't recognized. Trust me, it looks much better on IE. In Firefox, it looks like Im some kind of idiot.

Here is what my post looks like on IE: http://pages.prodigy.net/ncbri/_images/IEvsFirefox.JPG
    Brian
  • Please!!!
    "So, you must really love Led Zeppelin. That’s the oldest shirt I’ve ever seen on someone who wasn’t a bum."
    "Hey, if God didn’t want me to wear it so much, he wouldn’t have made them rock so hard."
  • SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    sim, faz favor!
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!